UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APP Florian

2 posters

Go down

APP Florian Empty APP Florian

Post by florian Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Hello, this week I'm going to talk to you about a hot topic. This subject I think everyone has talked about enough for 6 months, it is the coronavirus or COVID-19. As a new thing about this virus, today there are not many. However, many cases have been detected in recent days in college. This is why the staff of the faculty of sports sciences, we organize a massive screening of all students as well as staff. The tests were therefore carried out on Friday, September 18, 2020 in the afternoon. A test that many people find painful and very disturbing, but to my surprise, the test tickled me and I had a good laugh with the nurse who gave it to me. But like a lot of students, I took these tests thinking I didn't have it because I didn't have any symptoms and felt great. This is why this weekend I am going to work with the Jonzac firefighters. But it was to my great misfortune that Sunday morning around 9:30 am, that the laboratory contacted me to tell me that I have COVID. This is something that bothers me a lot because even though I don't have a sympthome and therefore a virus that poses no threat to me, I have been in contact with far too many people. Like the firefighters, my classmates, my teachers, my parents my friends, my girlfriends or my handball team in which I play, and I train a young team. You understand that I had to list all the people I saw, something that took me a very long time. Fortunately all my relatives are doing well and have gone for tests. All that to say that even though I thought I wouldn't catch it and that I was fine, in the end I should have been more wary of it and protecting the people I love. Don't be like me, think about it and protect those around you !

florian

Back to top Go down

APP Florian Empty Re: APP Florian

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Thanks for this Florian. Firstly my best wishes to you, your family and friends. You are young and healthy and I have no doubts that you'll be fine and in the future this will be an interesting story to tell your new friends and new family.

How do things work now? How long are you off for? Do the people who were in contact with you have to get tested? Were there many STAPS students who tested positive? Were the Law students tested too?

See you in a few weeks, at least most of your English is online to do Laughing and maybe we'll all end up doing the oral online too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm

thank you very much, that makes me happy. Yes indeed I am doing well, don't worry. Yes it will be on that will be a good anecdote told to my relatives later! For the measurements taken today, as I have no symptoms, I just have to be confined for 8 days. Regarding the people with whom I have been in contact, only those with whom I have been in less than 1m without masks and for more than 15min are experienced and will be followed with tests. It seems to me that about thirty students were declared as postive and not the law students were not screened. Yes I hope so and luckily for me most of the work is online it's easier for me.

With that, Today I didn't have too much idea for a topic so I'm going to tell you about the series I'm watching right now. This series is called VIKINGS. if you ever want to see it and you haven't seen it, i'll spoil you in my app work. So, Vikings is a series available on netflix, I don't know since when it was released or who made it but I know that there are 5 seasons. In this account, we are therefore around the year 800 at the time of Charlemagne. So we follow a tribe of Vikings located in Norway. The character (s) are Ragnar, his wife Lagarta and his son Bjorn. It seems to me that at first they have a daughter but she dies quickly and the character is not interesting so I did not remember her name. At the start Ragnar is just a fairly wealthy farmer as he has several lands and servants. Every summer they go EAST with other warriors from their tribe to loot villages and get rich. Except that tired of going to the EAST, he had the dream of going west to England (something impossible at the time because they had the technology for). He will therefore offer it to his Yarl (the equivalent of a lord in medieval times) who will refuse but Ragnar will still do it and succeed in his journey and return with plenty of gold. I will not detail you all but overall Ragnar kills the Yarl and becomes it in turn, multiplies the trips to England and goes to war therefore the altar king of England. I don't know the rest, I'm only in season two for now
Good evening to you sir ^^

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi john! how are you ? This week I will talk about myself! because as you tell me quite often I am a super star so my life is passionate. Finally I believe ... In short, more seriously I will tell you about what I would like to do later and the reason why you are so lucky to have me in your great English class because you are truly one of the teachers that I prefer in all my schooling (all years combined). SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I originally came to STPAS because like 70% of badgers who are in this university, I just like sport, science and beer. School I never really liked it. But I have a mom who does her role as mom too well so she made me go to college and therefore do something that I have and a netflix and chill college unfortunately doesn't exist. So I went to class but I admit that biomecha, physiology and that stuff is boring. But as I am a firefighter on the side and I still hesitate between becoming a professional in this field or trying to become a sports educator, Ducoup for the moment I am continuing my studies. After like with the firefighters, to pass directly to an officer with a competition and not have to climb the ladder one by one, I need a license either in safety or in the sports field. And you say to yourself why am I telling you all this? already to occupy me because I have to do my APP and that I even like to practice my English a lot but especially that you give me your opinion ...
Because on the one hand I do a job where I am very useful to my next see a little too much for the elderly who call the firefighters just because their cat is sick ... but who is very demanding in time, energy and in good health because carried little old pieces of arm, carrying all the firefighting equipment or just the fact of working in a field of fire which is dangerous for health. Or on the other hand, a job where I am in the sharing of my knowledge, in the teaching and the analysis of the people that I am going to train. An area that I love because human behavior is something that fascinates me and I am a very pedagogue and for example when I train girls in handball I never leave one aside, I always make sure that they understand what I am asking and above all I want them to have fun.
Here is the big dilem of my life for the moment after at any time it is possible that I completely change my mind to want to become a goat breeder in the CREUSE but it is another story that we will see another day!
good evening john!

florian

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Both of the professions that you are considering are worthy and human based, so you can't go wrong with either. My personal point of view is that teaching doesn't have enough people who care about the people who they are teaching - there are lots and lots who do care but sadly some/many don't care (or have stopped caring for various reasons). A teacher can change a person's life or at the very least alter its direction (for good or bad). Every day a teacher affects people in little ways and over time the little cause can ripple into something big or just peter out (stop) - like a stone thrown into a river. However the pay for many teachers is poor and you need to do it knowing and accepting that. I think you could be a good teacher but I'm sure you could also be a good firefighter. In the end I hope you choose the future that makes you the most happy. To do a job that you love makes your own life so much better than doing a job that doesn't make you happy even if that brings in a lot of cash.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 am

Hello sir, I take this beautiful Saturday to answer you. First of all, thank you for your answer, I like your point of view and I agree with you that many teachers have lost the real interest in teaching out of passion. I still have time to think about my future.
This week I decided to talk to you about something that marked me this week. To contextualize, In L2, we have a course called "Intervention practice". I was with Thomas as a duo (duo which I did not choose but Thomas is cool so it's ok) And we had to prepare an intervention of 15min each where we each animated our turn with an imposed game theme. For us it was "athletic games". If you want we have to animate and act as if we were passing in front of 6-10 year old children but in reality we pass in front of our classmates. So Friday we each take turns with Thomas, we had prepared a sort of route where he had to do as quickly as possible. First he had to slalom 6m, jump 4 hurdles, go around a block, crawl 10m, walk in hoops, score a basket and if he missed the basket, they had to walk like ducks to finish the course . Until then, you say to yourself that it must be relatively easy and hard to fail because we pass in front of 20-year-old people that we see every day and with whom we share the same goal? But the reality is quite different because my comrades are real children, it is an activity which is not necessarily easy but instead of being careful with their comrades, they did anything, they cheated, pushed each other cried. They behaved like real children! To tell you, I coach a team of girls who are between 13 and 15 years old in handball and I have never seen them behave with so little maturity. I was blown away by their immaturity. Really really annoyed me. The worst part of it all is that none of them apologized! In short, all that to say that I got knocked down by the teacher just after because my presentation was very bad ... But what do you want to do when 30 people of 20 behave as if they had 5? Fortunately we did not have a grade but otherwise it would have weighed down my average and in this case, you would only have me in class, because they would all have seriously disappeared ^^

florian

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:38 pm

I have many 20 year olds who act like they are 10 - 13 every week in my classes. I know what you mean.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Hi John this week I decided to talk about a subject that I love a lot; video games. So yes I know it might not be super interesting for you but hey I have no idea so you have no choice (demonic laugh).
Ducoup I was therefore saying that I have been playing video games since I must have been 2 years old, perhaps with the educational game Adibou. The goal was to learn to read and to work on reflection in the little ones. You can probably think that this young age is not such a good idea but thanks to it, I learned to read before going to Primary so it was very useful to me. Later, I continued to play video games. Mainly games requiring significant motor performance or even strategy which is super interesting for improving motor awakening and adaptability in teens because when playing a platform game, where you have to be careful not to fall, not to be caught by the surroundings or to have to avoid the projectiles that the Boss of the level sends us. After, of course, one of my favorite types of games is FPS (first personal shooter) like Call of Duty for example, where I'm doing quite well, and I have also won a few team competitions on this game. Now I mainly play a game called League of Legende. The object of the game is to destroy the opposing base. We are in a 5 against 5 team with several different positions going through the assassin, the fighter, the tank (the resistant character who is seen as a punching ball), the shooter and the support. In my team, is my brother (people with whom I get along well and who we understand without even communicating). With him, we are a powerful duo because he is a shooter (therefore fragile but which hurts a lot from afar) and I am his support, I am there to protect him while he smashes the opposing players. We're doing a few competitions and we've won 3 out of 7 so far so we're doing well. Unfortunately, playing with the university, the Hand, the internships or even my friends is complicated so I leave that a little on the side for the moment.
See you next week

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:43 am

Florian it may surprise you but I've played video games since they first appeared. The stories that I could tell you.....

Nowadays when I have time I play strategy games like CK3, CIV6 or XCom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Good morning, John ! ho i am glad to see that you like video games! I agree that strategy games are super interesting. That's why I played "Age of empire", "Empire dawns of a new world" for a long time ...
That's why, today I decided to talk about something that has nothing to do (I know I should be a comedian). My day of October 26, 2020. You will notice the lack of inspiration but anytime it may interest you because it is above all a typical day for a firefighter! To do this I got up at 5.30 am to have my breakfast, I then showered (And yes I am a clean person) then I drank my coffee while looking at my emails. I arrived at the carserne around 7am, the time at which I start my working day. From 7am to 7.20am, it's coffee, croissant and discussion with colleagues. 7:30 am, it's the gathering! The officer of the day summons all the staff in order to assign each one to his post. Today I was from VSAS1 (the first ambulance if you prefer) And I am the least graded so my job is that at the start of the day, I comb through the cabin (where there is the brancare and all) that is to say that I check if everything is there and if it is tidy in the right place especially. To finish the check as I am the new kid I must also prepare the jump of the mop (we pass a blow in an ambulance each time we use it) and give a little blow in each vehicle. Then it's sport! As COVID is such a great thing, there shouldn't be a lot of people in the gym so group sessions are dead! but I went with my team (there are 3 of us) I did a WOD (workout of the day) of 10 pull-ups, 10 squats at 20 kilos, 15 push-ups, 1 minute of core training, and 15 abs to finish, I did this 10 times with a minute of rest between each set. At the end I went for a run for 30min to finish well. Who says sport says sweating, who says sweating, says a good well-deserved shower! After getting all fine, it was 11am. Ducoup with a colleague, we did maneuvers in order to revise the knowledge of a firefighter and the automatisms which are not automatic to me because I am still quite new! In short, we finished around 12:30 pm so we went with this colleague in question to the supermarket because we had both forgotten to cook. Well I admit that ready-made meals are really not good but you have to eat so ...
I had to leave the table around 1 p.m. and we all sat down in the rest room for a good group nap until 2 p.m. We all met again in the hall so that the chief assigns us this time our general work. Mine was at first the complete disinfection of the ambulance (something done every Monday) it must have taken us something like 1:30, After I had another task of using the ballet called "wolf's head "to remove spider webs in garages, premises ...
I finished around 4 p.m. the Captain at that moment wanted to see me to give me back my rank "1st class sapper" (it sounds good like that but concretely I am at the bottom LMAO) Berf I finished around 4:30 pm and with another colleague I played billiards until 5.30 p.m. And I ended up doing my homework afterwards (like English for example). There it is 6:33 pm And I am still writing to you. I finished my day at 7pm and I will probably go for a drink with friends tonight but I'm not there yet ... There you must be wondering why I am not talking about intervention? simply because I didn't have one today ... I take my time to play firefighter but it's the same if today I had stayed at home
And it's raining it's boring! good evening to you my little John!

florian

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:42 am

Good pay for nothing Very Happy

I corrected a few hundred L1 papers. Evil or Very Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:41 pm

Haha courage, I suspect that corrected copies is the less cool side of the job! You will surely have understood it but for this semester, we have to do 7 hours and 30 minutes of APP. Usually I take a little over an hour to come up with the idea and write it down. And this APP is the last of the semester! I know I will miss you don't cry! Ducoup today I think we're going to talk about a charity event that I think is super cool. This is the Z event. "The Z Event is a charity project created by Adrien Nougaret and Alexandre Dachary (respectively known under the pseudonyms ZeratoR and Dach) with the aim of bringing together French-speaking streamers in order to collect donations that will support a charity. It is organized on the Twitch streaming site.

The first edition took place in 2016 under the name Project Avengers. The event is for the benefit, successively, of Save the Children, the French Red Cross, Médecins sans Frontières, the Pasteur Institute and Amnesty International France. During its various editions, the Z Event has collected more than 10 million euros. "According to Wikipedia of course. Concretely, these are guys, who make lives on the Internet who have quite large communities, do for an association, A weekend played, talked about doing stuff together (in the same room even with the covid (respecting the barrier gestures)) and during their live, they offer their viewers a list of "donation goal" Basically they put a list on which there are silver levels. It encourages spectators to donate money, money which is directly donated to the association they have chosen. This year it was international amnesty. Here is an example of list:
From the Domingo streamer that I am:

Uprights Bearing
€ 5,000 Football Manager 1985 (its a game)
€ 10,000 Karaoke on Twitch Sings
€ 20,000 Just Dance with Sardoche (an other streamer who do the Z event)
€ 30,000 Revival Stream Team evening
40,000 € Live singing lessons
€ 50,000 Kleman chronicles Popcorn (a review on his emissions (kleman is his friend))
€ 75,000 Tecktonik file of Jiraya's wedding (an other streamer)
100,000 € 1v1 Tennis against ZeratoR (zerator is the creator of the Z event)
€ 125,000 Full beard shave
€ 150,000 Bicycle race between streamers
€ 400,000 Stage of the Tour de France IRL (he is a very good cyclist)

him some of these objects are related to sport because he is a streamer who makes video games, sports and culture shows (go see Popcorn on youtube it's super interesting).
Every year I follow this event which is just super funny and this year I put in 5 €. Like what the streamers are persuasive! then it's for a good cause (this year they raised € 5,700,000 so it's not bad

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum