UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +

+19
Charloote NIORT
Laura
Julien Asselin
Matteo
youri b
dmarti
Admin
Vincent CHOLLET
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
Labaste Jules
Sabri El Madi
lguilb04
GUEHO Timothe
Clément Blanchet
maeva bigeau
Hugo Wannepain
Melvin Fleuret
LORENZI Emma
Romain BERTRAND
23 posters

Go down

Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +  Empty Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +

Post by Romain BERTRAND Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:57 am

Good luck !

Romain BERTRAND

Back to top Go down

Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +  Empty Re: Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +

Post by LORENZI Emma Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:15 am

I have Netflix since four years. Firstly, a friend of mine gave me her password so I didn't have to pay for it. I have my own account since the confinement because my parents wanted it too. I don't watch TV a lot : the programs are not so interesting (excepted "les Marseillais") so I watch Netflix quite often. There's a lot of series and films.
I also watch Disney+ but it's just when I want to see a movie in particular.

Last edited by LORENZI Emma on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

LORENZI Emma

Admin and Melvin Fleuret like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +  Empty Re: Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +

Post by Melvin Fleuret Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:18 am

I think John you are the only personn here to have Amazon Prime.
So I'll speak about Netflix because that's the only one of these 3 I have.

I consider it is a good way to look moovies, documentary or series, but the problem I find is you have TOO MUCH choice, and sometimes you can make more time to choose than looking.

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:24 am

I don't pay Netflix because I use my girfriend's account and I don't pay Disney + because I use my parents' account. But I prefer to watch football or sports than TV or series, even if the streaming may not work. I only watch series on Netflix with my girlfriend or with friends, rarely alone.

Hugo Wannepain

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:29 am

I’ve had Netflix for five years now, at first it was my ex-boyfriend who lent him his codes. But then my mother decided to pay the subscription so that my sister, my mother and I could each watch on a different account the movies and series we wanted.
I often watch Netflix because the television programs are often not very interesting (except the "marseillais"). So I watch a lot of TV shows and movies on Netflix.

maeva bigeau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 am

We all had this revelation: I spend too much time on Netflix whereas I have many productive tasks to do, I should stop. Nonetheless, only a few of us can regulate efficiently our visioning time. In fact, according to https://time.com/4186137/netflix-hours-per-day, each individual subscriber spent 568 hours watching Netflix on average per year, which represents one hour and a half per day. It’s so huge. It seems strange that we’re all more motivated for Netflix than calling our grandmother (which takes time too). Hence does it outrage you that you can’t find time for sport, working, meditation, seeing your family, take care of yourself, … while you watch Netflix every day?

We’re going to focus on Netflix's domination in the market. Indeed, on average we spent 568 hours longer on Netflix than on UPtube which demonstrates his domination in the market. Therefore you may ask yourselves: what are its strategies?

At first, they think strategic partnerships that are win-win for both sides, allowing the Apple or Orange TV owners to sign up for Netflix directly, thus Netflix views it as an opportunity to access Apple’s large customer base. Then they add value for the customer: Netflix is more than just a movie rental service, but more a place where you can find the right movie for you to watch thanks to their awesome recommendation engine that is predicting efficiently what types of movies people are likely to want to watch.

Clément Blanchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEHO Timothe Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:38 am

I really like netflix because we have thousands of movies, series, documentaries etc. that can be found on one site. I find that the subscription is not expensive when you see the quality and quantity offered. I watch very few movies on netflix, I mostly watch series like "Casa de papel", "Elite" and many others. There is also a lot of interesting and informative reporting.

GUEHO Timothe

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +  Empty NETFLIX

Post by lguilb04 Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:03 pm

Netflix is a streaming site with many movies. Thousands of people have this app. It’s very convenient to be able to watch any movie at any time. However, this kind of streaming site hurts cinemas, theatres... because people go out less and prefer to have quiet evenings. This has an impact on society because cinemas, for example, make it possible to see the world but also on the economy because they are affected by the lack of customers in recent years. It was also a way to meet a person, now they meet in front of a Netflix movie. IT’S LESS GLAMOROUS...
In addition, Netflix, like all other streaming sites, can be a way to progress in learning a foreign language. It is a very recommended way to learn because we have the possibility to hear: the pronunciation, the accents and at the same time to follow the film with the subtitles and therefore to see the spelling of the words. It is therefore an easier way to remember and memorize certain expressions, certain words...

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:16 pm

Netflix is a subscription-based streaming service that allows our users to watch ad-free TV shows and movies on any device connected to the Internet. It is also a service that allows us to be able to watch unlimited films, series and documentaries, both on our television and on mobile devices and game consoles. The offer is supplemented almost every day by new releases.

In addition, Netflix is originally an American company. It has since been available in more than 40 countries and has around 50 million subscribers. Most young people now have a netflix account because it allows them to watch what they like and what they prefer whenever they want and this is a very big advantage.

Sabri El Madi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Labaste Jules Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:55 pm

I’m going to focus on the Netflix platform because that’s the one I’m using.

Netflix is an American multinational company created in Scotts Valley in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph.
It is a subscription-based streaming service that allows users to watch TV series and movies without advertising on a device connected to the Internet.
The content offered varies from country to country and may change over time.
Netflix users with only a streaming plan can watch TV shows and movies instantly in more than 190 countries.
Netflix and the major streaming platforms have been direct competitors on television for the past few years.
Can we ask ourselves how long this evolution will last ?

Labaste Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:30 am

Netflix has been controversial in 2017 because two of its movies were presented at the Festival de Cannes. The platform refuses to distribute its films in cinemas and on the streaming site three years after the first presentation like the others whereas they can put on its platform immediatly. After many problems at the Festival de Cannes, Thierry Frémaux changes the rules : films that are not released in theaters in France can't be shown at the festival, or just out of the competition because it is not faire to the other.
Netflix is interesting to people who want to have an access to a wide range of films and series but there is a deep problem behind this magic : we are probably destroying the essence of cinema.

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:26 am

The theme of the week is about Netflix.
Netflix is an American multinational company founded in Scotts Valley in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph.
I love Netflix because it's a site that offers movies, documentaries, series of all ages and genres. I have already watched several series on Netflix like Casa des Papel, Elite… But also films like the 8 fast and furious or documentaries like Sunderland or Anelka.

Vincent CHOLLET

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE wrote:Netflix has been controversial in 2017 because two of its movies were presented at the Festival de Cannes. The platform refuses to distribute its films in cinemas and on the streaming site three years after the first presentation like the others whereas they can put on its platform immediatly. After many problems at the Festival de Cannes, Thierry Frémaux changes the rules : films that are not released in theaters in France can't be shown at the festival, or just out of the competition because it is not faire to the other.
Netflix is interesting to people who want to have an access to a wide range of films and series but there is a deep problem behind this magic : we are probably destroying the essence of cinema.

What did you think about the Cuties (mignonnes) discussion?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:39 pm

I think that netflix is sometimes the cause of the school failure of young people. In fact, people could have his semester with an average of 14 or more but there is Netflix ! Really, it’s a drug. When you put Netlfix on your TV or others thing, your day is over, you can’t stop looking, there are so many interesting things.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by youri b Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:11 pm

netflix is a platform where you can find movies,series,document to satisfy own needed.
It is an american firm belong to NATU groups on of the most biggest international web firm under google, facebook, apple, microsoft and so on.Netflix is use by one hundred fifty eight millions of persons in all over the world ; it is a very time consuming for many people . In fact you can use netflix without count the time and forgot your priorities.

youri b

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:55 am

dmarti wrote:I think that netflix is sometimes the cause of the school failure of young people. In fact, people could have his semester with an average of 14 or more but there is Netflix ! Really, it’s a drug. When you put Netlfix on your TV or others thing, your day is over, you can’t stop looking, there are so many interesting things.

I like the idea of comparing it to a drug. It would make for a good discussion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:11 am

Today, I will focus on Netflix and Disney+.
These are 2 platforms where we can find many movies, series or documentaries.
I think the director of these industries earn a lot of money because many people pay subscriptions to watch from different places with different accounts. It's accessible by any user with an account and on any device.
It's great because you can stop your movie when you want and resume it when you want.
My favorite series is La Casa De Papel and the great thing is that there are so many language choices, and me, when I watched this series I watched it in their original version with subtitles.

Matteo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 am

I've had netflix for a few years and disney + since it came out a few months ago, but honestly I'm not a disney + fan.
I spend more time watching series or movies on netflix. Netflix is a streaming platform where you can find a large catalog of series and movies. There is something for every taste.

Julien Asselin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:41 pm

I have Netflix with account of my brother. I find Netflix it was an attractive concept, he we allow to watch series, film and reportage, etc.… In the langage if you want. I often wath the series in English for improve my English.
I don’t have Dysney + because it’s for the children and Netflix is sufficient.
For Amazon Prime, the range it’s more largest, he allow to have fast delivery, films, musics and electronics books. For take this subscription, I think it necessary to much used the four model of this subscription.

Laura

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Although Netflix has spread fairly recently in our daily life, it should be noted that this platform was created in 1997.
It has changed a lot, and it has really changed our habits and our society. In fact, in the past, to watch content such as films, it was necessary to go to the cinema, or even wait for the weekly program on television. Now we can look at what we want, when we want, and as often as we want… I find a few faults, such as going outside less, or the charm of waiting and impatience that is no longer present

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 4 : Netflix / Amazon Prime / Disney +  Empty Netflix/ Disney etc...

Post by Grondin Tom Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Netflix , Disney , and amazon prime are platforms that bring together all kinds of films and series.
We can find thrillers , Horror , Romances , Animated / Child ... and many other types.
I prefer some fiction , action , or fantastic movies. I like anime also , pretty the morning with my breakfast I'm still a big child during this time.
For this platforms you need to pay a subscription in order to access the content.
I spend to much time on it , that's actually the reason of why I answer at this blog at this time. clown
I prefer netflix because there are more choices and also because it is the first platform that I subscribe to and I see the usefulness of having several.

Grondin Tom

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:05 pm

Netflix, Disney + and Amazon Prime are plateforms which allows to watch lot of movies and series. I would like to give my personnal opinion about it. I think Netflix and other plateforms are very good divertissement however it could be create an addiction because it's very easy to watch series during all day and no become aware of time goes. Series and films have good facets and they could be a way to learn and improve his own knowledges on the world, history, politics etc and develops our creativity but like all things we must be reasonnable and vigilant to not pass all our time on it.

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:58 pm

I'm going to talk about Netflix because it's the only online streaming platform I have. So it's been 3 years now that I have Netflix and, honestly, it's not something very reasonable for studies;). The “problem” with Netflix, if you can call it a problem, is that you don't necessarily know when to go to the next episode and you end up watching more and more! Personally, I have watched a lot of series and movies and, so far, the series that I liked the most are "The hundred", "Prison Break" and "arrow".

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:44 pm

I only know Netflix so I will tell you about this platform. And as we can see in the other blog articles on this topic, it’s Netflix the boss of video platforms. There's something for everyone, there are films, series, documentaries, sagas … Since everyone knows Netflix, I will tell you about the contents that are for me the best on the platform.
For the series, I absolutely recommend Stranger things. There is an incredible atmosphere in this series with a story and musics will are gut-wrenching for you. In French series, there are two very very funny, Family Business and Dix pour Cent. In addition, in Family Business, there is my favorite actor, Jonathan Cohen who is for me the funniest man in the world (after you John, obviously).
There is also a very good documentary called "Behind Our Smoke Screens" which talks about the dangers of social media and which is very interesting. Finally, a documentary on nature, "our planet", where you could see incredible landscapes and animals videos.

Romain BERTRAND

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Paultes Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:30 pm

These three names have one thing in common: they are video-on-demand platforms. At first Netflix. Netflix is used by many people, especially students. This platform consists of award-winning films, American, Spanish, French, English series... In a second time, Disney. Disney - is dedicated to broadcasting all productions of the Walt Dinsey group and begins to create series. Finally, amazon Prime. following the explosion of the Amazon website in recent times, they decided to buy rights to create this video platform.

Benjamin Paultes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down