UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

subject 5 - Celebrities

+21
amélie Reutenauer
Julia
Pierreyves
Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI
valentin.faydel
léa.tallon
Vigié Alexis
Maéva De Sousa
Anthonin Garnier
Gaëtan GARCIA
clara ernesto
Morgane piaugeard
Dorian MIMAUD
corantin E
Elisa VINCENT
Nina Brissonnet
Vadim Cano
Mathilde Donguy
Marc Monot
Romain HUMBERT
Admin
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

subject 5 - Celebrities Empty subject 5 - Celebrities

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Is it good to live in a world of celebrity?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Marc Monot likes this post

Back to top Go down

subject 5 - Celebrities Empty Week 6 - Celebrity

Post by Romain HUMBERT Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:35 pm

I think it's a bit unfair to live in a world of celebrity because, as we can see, it's the minority of people (celebrities, politicians ...) who got the large part of the wealth in the world. However, it's an utopia to think that we can all live as equals, there will always be people who will be rich and others poor but the idea is to adjust, to reduce this inequality.
Moreover, even if I don't really like this idea of celebrities, I was happy when I was able to see some of my favourite celebrities, who are the Harlem Globe Trotters !
To conclude, it's quite bad to have celebrities but it allows some divertissment and it partipates to the world's economy so I think that it will never disappear.

Romain HUMBERT

Admin and Marc Monot like this post

Back to top Go down

subject 5 - Celebrities Empty Re: subject 5 - Celebrities

Post by Marc Monot Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:56 pm

it a good question but I think the real question is "can we live in a world without celebrities?"
An the answer is not so obvious. I think all people must have a goal in is life, a dream, a job, an idea, a way of life. And become famous is a goal for lot of people in world. I think the celebrities are a good representation of become famous. They are good and bad celebrities, we know, but they are all celebrities. Maybe can we classify the celebrities.
I think they are lot of classification but I want take one I think is real simple
In one side the celebrities become famous because they have an ability like written,actor,singer,sport player... and in an other side the celebrities just because of the bad buzz.
I completely respect the first side but the second I think they are just impostor.

Marc Monot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Marc Monot wrote:it a good question but I think the real question is "can we live in a world without celebrities?"
An the answer is not so obvious. I think all people must have a goal in is life, a dream, a job, an idea, a way of life. And become famous is a goal for lot of people in world. I think the celebrities are a good representation of become famous. They are good and bad celebrities, we know, but they are all celebrities. Maybe can we classify the celebrities.
I think they are lot of classification but I want take one I think is real simple
In one side the celebrities become famous because they have an ability like written,actor,singer,sport player... and in an other side the celebrities just because of the bad buzz.
I completely respect the first side but the second I think they are just impostor.

People used to live a life without celebrities.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Donguy Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:38 pm

That’s a very good question if you look at the word “celebrities” as “known people” or “star”.
On the one hand, living in a world of celebrity is a bit absurd because celebrities are not a majority in society and they do not represent society itself. Moreover, they do not necessarily set a good example in all situations and they are taken as a model by young people especially if they are stars of reality TV.
But on the other hand, celebrities are important because they are the ones who mobilize for causes such as «Black Lives Matter» and their opinion remains important for the people who follow them.
In the end, I think it would not be very good to live in a world of celebrities because the world would lose its normality even if today in society everyone dreams of becoming famous.

Mathilde Donguy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

subject 5 - Celebrities Empty vadim Cano celebrity

Post by Vadim Cano Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:11 pm

some celebrities are dangerous for us, without taking part some celebrities emits negative waves that can have a bad influence on us (example: Donald Trump). but there are celebrities who preach healthy words and respectable values that are beneficial to our good evolution (example: Putin)

Vadim Cano

Back to top Go down

subject 5 - Celebrities Empty Subject 6

Post by Nina Brissonnet Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:55 am

The celebrity I have chosen today is Simone Veil, she is an inspiring and powerful woman for me. She advanced women's rights with the Abortion Act in 1974, when she became Minister of Health. It is an icon in the fight against discrimination against women. She is a woman of power through her involvement in politics with her various positions: member of the French Constitutional Council, Minister of State, Minister of Social Affairs, Health and the City, President of the European Parliament, Member of the European Parliament, then health Minister. In addition, Simone saw the Jewish deportation, at the age of 16 she was deported to Auschwitz during ka shoah, there she lost her father, her mother and her brother. She is only surrounded by her 2 sisters and now rests with her husband in the Pantheon.

Nina Brissonnet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisa VINCENT Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:58 pm

I think living in the celebrity world can be as good as bad. On the one hand you can rub shoulders with other celebrities, share your feelings with them about this unusual way of life, live in luxury, travel, inspire others, share and show off your talent/passion to other people, receive a lot of encouragement and love, do what you love (if you've been known for a project you have a passion for). On the other hand this environment is very hard to live with the media, the standards to be respected, the fact of being recognized in the street constantly, not being able to leave the house or without being stopped by fans, the hypocrisy of many stars, the wickedness that other celebrities can have to make the buzz and the fact that everything can stop overnight. Finally, I think that living in the world of celebrities is only good if you surround yourself with the right people and you don't just shut up in this world.

Elisa VINCENT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by corantin E Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:22 pm

To be know, earn lots of money, participated in parties with else celebrities; it's the dream of many people. So is it good to live in world of celebrity, i don't no because i can't say that it's good of live in world of celebrity the same way as i will say to eat of the vegetable, it's good.
Live in world of celebrity have a psychological impact on we. There are the people who like to be highlighted, buy overpriced things, etc...; those are even people who finished by forgot where are they from and rejects the people who are less rich than them. While we know that there is many people who are poor and like to give. So, i can't say to live in world of celebrity it's good because we finished by forgot who we really are, this considered as superior to others because he is famous. We forgot the sacrifices and the choices to get so high.
We can have the money,, this do to please sometimes but keep your feet on the ground because everything can stop overnight.
Of course, i don't talk of this celebrities which earn many money but who remains themselves, and which help and give to others.

corantin E

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian MIMAUD Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:22 pm

I don't know if it's good but if all people are celebrities I can't see any problem. But if all people are celebrities but not me maybe there is a problem because peoples may have a different look because we're not known. We can imagine all situation but maybe even if peoples can live as if nothing had happened. So maybe it's not a problem if we live in this world.

Dorian MIMAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgane piaugeard Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:55 am

I chose to present you a singer who makes the whole world dance who is aya danioko and more known under the name of Aya Nakamura.
Aya nakamura is a 25 year old.
She is an RnB singer from mali.
her journey begins on social networks where she was spotted in 2014 with her song karma published on facebook.
Later in 2018 the singer released her song "djadja". Diamond disc, the title becomes the hit of the summer and finds an echo beyond France. In the Netherlands, it became the first French-speaking female song to top sales since "Je ne regrette rien" by Edith Piaf in 1961. The clip has more than 300 million views on YouTube.
Aya nakamura knew how to make a place for herself in the world of French rap and thus perform feat with rappers such as "Gradur, Hamza, Dadju, MHD ....".
Aya Nakamura does not intend to stop there. The most listened to French female artist in the world. Also she posted a new single this Friday, October 9, entitled Doudou.

Morgane piaugeard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clara ernesto Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:18 pm

I am quite mixed on this subject. I would say yes and no. Yes, because celebrities can be icons, idols for sure and it can contribute to their motivation to look like them and achieve goals. It can also allow them to dream and identify with them.
But on the other hand I think that the world in which we live, with a lot of celebrities, very publicized, very followed, has a negative dimension in particular of the side of the young people who can identify too much with them. I take the example of influencers on Instagram who conveys an image of perfection, both moral and physical, of luxury, of money ... which can in some cases be dangerous ... Girls or even boys may want to change to be like them until making regimes or transformations.

clara ernesto

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

subject 5 - Celebrities Empty celebrities

Post by Gaëtan GARCIA Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:20 pm

In my opinion celebrities take a huge part in our actual society. Indeed they have the power to influence many people, that is why they have big responsabilities. For instance, a celebrity like Lionel Messi will push many young football player to play football as hard as they can to become professional and have the same career. It is also true in music industry or cinema. On contrary celebrities can have a very bad influence on their public. Nowadays we can see teenagers, for instance, beiing widely influenced by the wrong celebrities. Some rappers staged themselves with guns, drugs, money... and their fans may be influenced by this way of life and they would try to do the same. This is an example where the use of the fame is not aimed for a good purpose.
To conclude, I would say that celebrities have huge responsibilities and they must be careful on what they show to the world because the consequences are far more important than we could imagine.

Gaëtan GARCIA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonin Garnier Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:28 pm

I don't know if it's good to live in a celebrity world because, as we can see today, celebrities are taking an increasingly important place in our society. We give importance to many people who do not necessarily deserve it or who abuse it. We mediate more and more certain people and their ideas whether political or otherwise. This can create scandal on the opinions of these celebrities because, they can be distorted and overexposed through the media and social networks. I don't know if it's good or not to live in a celebrity world, but there are celebrities in our world today so we just live with it.

Anthonin Garnier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maéva De Sousa Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:03 pm

On our planet, there are a lot of celebrities but I don't know if it's good to live in a celebrity world. There are several celebrities in different fields, for example the singers, the dancers, the top athletes, the stars of social networks, the television stars, etc.. Some celebrities unintentionally make themselves known because they did something "incredible" for example Kylian Mbappé who became known for his talents as a footballer, when he was just a normal footballer a few years ago. Also take the example of the Kardashian family, they just did a tv show and now there are followed by millions of people on social networks. So even thought we don't want celebrities, we make them famous watching them on TV or following on social network.

Maéva De Sousa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

subject 5 - Celebrities Empty WEEK 6 - Celebrity

Post by Vigié Alexis Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:54 pm

First of all we must not confuse the meanings of the term celebrity : Celebrity can be seen in 2 differents ways : the first as the fact to have reputation, fame of someone or something that extends far away; fame, glory and the second as the fact to be a famous, illustrious person. In our case we are talking about celebrity as a person with the question " Is it good to live in a world of celebrity ? " For my, I have a divided opinion on this question since I think that certain celebrities can have a good influence, be a good example for the population but as always there are some celebrities who do not necessarily give a good image of the celebrity and who of suddenly have a bad influence on the population

Vigié Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by léa.tallon Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:14 pm

it's true that being a celebrity these days is exhausting and I know what I'm talking about! "oh léa! léa! an autograph!" as I was saying, it's very tiring. You always have dozens of people behind you and I don't count those who follow you from far away! Then it's true that even with this notoriety, you can be a fan of other celebrities. I don't know if you knew John Cox? Oh no, he's really well known, you have to find out a little bit! You're missing something! Smile

léa.tallon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by valentin.faydel Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:10 pm

There isn't particular celebrities I like. But for our actual world I think celebrities are in majority nice. Today every people follow the naws, with social network or TV. This celebrities are very presente in this platform so everyone see them. In this way they inspire population the fashion. Celebrities have big responsibility because of this. They can influence the society in a good or bad way. For example if a celebrities say "oh jeans are so cool" a lot of people will start to carry jeans, and this is true for all things even alcool drogs tabac. So this is why celbrities are a good thing but they have to be responcible.

valentin.faydel

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:18 pm

I think a world without celebrities has never existed. Indeed, there have always been people known to everyone (or almost) : kings and queens, commanders,...
Today, celebrities are actors, singers, dancers, sportsmen,...
On the one hand I think it's good to live in a world of celebrity because they are like models for people, sometimes even idols. There are those who take advantage of their fame to donate and help people in need, but there are those who take the opportunity to do anything. And so from this point it's not good to live in world with celebrities : because of their power they can buy what they want like drugs. So they destroy themselves and destroy other since some admire them. Also I think it's very hard for celebrity families who cannot live quietly...
So in my opinion, a world with celebrities bring positive things as long as we don't go into excess and evil, but it's unheard of...

Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierreyves Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:04 pm

Being a celebrity has advantages and disadvantages . When you become a celebrity your life changes . We can no longer go shopping without people coming up to us to talk to us or take pictures with us . Sometimes celebrity can be harmful to the person, especially if it changes him or her negatively . Fortunately not all celebrities .

Pierreyves

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:51 pm

I will talk about these famous women who have marked our history since the last century. From science to the arts through politics, certain personalities have thus considerably influenced our society and our lifestyles.
Like Marie Curie, the scientist
Born in Poland in 1867, Marie Curie received the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1903. Marie Curie is the first woman to have obtained this distinction and the only one to have been honored in two distinct disciplines. Marie Curie died in 1934 in Passy, ​​Haute-Savoie.
But there is also Anne Frank, the victim
Born in 1929 in Frankfurt am Main, Anne Frank left Germany with her family in 1933 to flee Nazi persecution of Jews. Settled in Amsterdam, the family was deported to the extermination camps in 1944, where the young girl died just two months before the German surrender. The Journal of this teenage girl victim of the Holocaust, published in 1947, is today one of the most widely read books in the world.
But so many others who are not recognized in their field because men shade them.

Julia

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amélie Reutenauer Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:53 pm

If there are no celebrities in world life would be very different in some respects, indeed the brands adopt different approaches to seduction consumers, but in the end the differences possible celebratory forms do not reflect some kind of merit for some? dream for others ?
Living in a world of celebrity can be a good thing because it at least allows you to be able to make the youngest dream and to be able to identify themselves in order to have a way to grow up

amélie Reutenauer

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ewan Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:04 am

waouw, i just read everyone's answer and there are all incredible, anyway. i think the world would be a hole lot different if there was no celebrities, but the funny thing about it, is annyone could be a celebrity, because they don't choose to be one, it only depends on the culture, on the fashion, and of lose of things that change throught time.
and if there were no celebrities, the world would be more predictable, and there would be less wast, and mass made products, because some commercials just work thanks to the celebrity in it.

ewan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivier Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:24 am

Hello everybody! I choose this subject this week because i would like to tell you my favorite star today.
So everybody knows I’m a football fan, so everybody thinks I’m going to talk about football...
But no, the celebrity that fascinates me is an actor. A black actor...
I am obviously talking about Morgan Freeman! This man has an incredible charisma, whether in his films or in real life. He brings together wisdom, knowledge, and I find his way of reasoning incredibly intelligent.
Finally, I really enjoy watching reports or documentaries about her person.

Olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grégoire Gaucher Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm

A celebritiy. What’s a celebrity ? We could say that it’s a person who is famous in a particular sphere. I think we become a celebrity when others choose it. There would be no celebrities if there were no people to admire them. The celebrity is something implicit that becomes explicit when viewers decide it.

Grégoire Gaucher

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next