UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

subject 4 - the election of animal bodies

+12
Bastien
auxane
Tess
célie verdois
Gwenola
LisaMig
Elsa
Marion R
Paul Pasquier
Auriane
CaroleMikhail
Admin
16 posters

Go down

subject 4 - the election of animal bodies Empty subject 4 - the election of animal bodies

Post by Admin Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:43 am

As you wish .... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

subject 4 - the election of animal bodies Empty Re: subject 4 - the election of animal bodies

Post by CaroleMikhail Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:45 pm

There are so many animals that went extinct over the years and we still expect to witness more animal extinction yet to take place; an example of that is the Yangtze finless porpoise which is one of the seven porpoise species. According to a study in 2018, there are only 1012 still left in the world; They are endangered because they need food supplies and since humans fish excessively, their food supplies decrease drastically, other factors would be the boat propellers, and toxic waters from human development. If no action gets taken, these “smiling angels” are expected go extinct by 2035.

CaroleMikhail

Back to top Go down

subject 4 - the election of animal bodies Empty Re: subject 4 - the election of animal bodies

Post by Admin Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:12 am

I think the chan ces are that they WILL go extinct.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

CaroleMikhail likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriane Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:32 pm

If I had to choose the cause that is closest to my heart it would be the animal cause. Ok maybe I prefer animals to humans. But that's not the point, they can't defend themselves... they suffer human bullshit over and over again at their own expense. They are mistreated both physically and mentally, their environment is destroyed, they are locked up, removed from their natural environment to make them captive, "adopted" and then abandoned for reasons that escape me.
Auriane
Auriane

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Pasquier Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:38 am

I will talk about animals.

When i was young boy (6-7 years old), i was afraid by animals (all of them even a little hamster would have me run away). This fear come from my mother, she didn't like animals and didn't trust them so when she saw a dog or a cat, they asked my brother and I to come to her. So, with my brother we thought animals were dangerous and when i went in a friend's house with a dog or a cat, i wasn't very happy.

When i grew up, it was better but i wasn't very feel at ease with dogs and cats. I prefer exotics animals like tigers, elephants... They're more dangerous than dogs and cats but for me it was sure they're kinder than them. Also, i played at Zoo Tycoon, it's a game on PC where you create your proper zoo and can choose which animals you put in it. This game supports the idea that exotics animals are kinder than dogs and cats.

After that, i asked my mother if with my brother we can have a baby rhinoceros. I don't know why i choose this animal in particular but my mother didn't accept it. My father said "i let your mother choose" (a smart guy if we didn't have a baby rhinoceros, it's mum's fault). I even said that we would took him out to make him poop, this argument didn't change anything. I never had a baby rhinoceros....

(Look how cute is a baby rhinoceros on my picture)
Paul Pasquier
Paul Pasquier

Emmannuelle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion R Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:39 pm

I don't know which topic to choose so I'll talk about the three.

Right now, there are the American elections. To be honest, I don't understand their way of doing things, but that's something else. I just hope Americans people will try to be smart for once and not make the same mistake they made 4 years ago. I wouldn't quote this stupid man, you know who I'm talking about. In addition, I find it impressive all the American personalities who encourage people to vote on social networks.

Then, I love animals, no insects, just animals. There are so cute, whether small or large. When I was a child, I had a dog but since my parents don’t want another one, even if I insist. To be in the compagny of animals, I go to my friends. In one of them, it’s the animal’s house, she and her family, they take in all the cats in the neighborhood, they have fish, they often keep dogs. We never get bored. It’s good to see people who love animals so much because when we see some monster who hurt them or abandon them… it breaks my heart.
Otherwise, if you want to see sheep, go on the « coulée verte », towards Fléac. The town hall has decided to put 80 sheep along the path to replace the mowers.

To finish with the third topic, the body is a broad subject, but it can be interesting. During my studies in psychology, the body was often a subject treated.
In my opinion, taking care of our body is necessary. We must show him that we love him. We have to learn to love our body, without to worry about the eyes of others. However, today it’s difficult with all social networks. The majority of people compare themselves to influenceurs while many posts are edited.

Marion R

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsa Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:38 pm

If we talk about the body, we could talk about the beauty codes of the world, about ill-being and many other things. But I have decided to expose the relationship to the body according to the regions of the world.
Indeed, the body is not perceived in the same way. In Europe, for example, the body is not representative of a social relationship but rather of a representation. Unlike, in the Amazon or in Africa, the body is seen as being in relation to certain realities in which its bodily identity is socially immersed. For some, the body is a link allowing the support and expression of a privileged relationship between the living and the dead. This means that in Europe, we have more of a tendency to individualise our body and to stop at the physical we see, whereas other communities and regions of the world use the body as a tool.

Elsa

Marion.P likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaMig Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:15 pm

I chose to talk about the body and more precisely about women's beauty codes over time.

Here, in chronological order, is the body that women should have in order to be "perfect".

-In antiquity, women had to have a big belly. This belly was a sign of fertility.
-In the Middle Ages, women had to have white skin, a sign of wealth because the peasants who worked in the fields were tanned.
-In the Renaissance, women had to have full hips and a large bosom.
-In the 1700s and 1800s, women had to have hips wider than their shoulders and a very slim waist.
-In the 1920s, women had to have small breasts and short hair. A "boyish" style.
-In the 1960s, it was fashionable to have long, thin legs.
-In the 80s they had to be sporty. A muscular body.
-In the 90s the fashion was to be very slim.
-In the 2000s, the fashion was to have a large bossom, big buttocks, a slim waist, pulpy lips... An ideal which is difficult to achieve and therefore the popularisation of cosmetic surgery.

The image of the perfect woman evolves according to the times, the best thing to do is to accept yourself as you are. All women are perfect !

LisaMig

Marion.P likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenola Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:47 pm

I find the subject of the body interesting especially in our generation.  What I think it is important to emphasize is that the relationship to the body changes according to the country where we are. For example, in Asia society tends to worship very white skins with a thin body, whereas in the West at the moment the "fashion" is to have a rather matt skin with pulpy lips and a body with shapes and a pronounced waist.

Nevertheless, the fashion for the body changes with the years. This means that somewhere in the world and somewhere at some time in the past our body corresponds or corresponded to what society wanted. So I would really like everyone to accept their body as it is and to take just care of it. To be what we want and not what society wants, because in any case society will change its mind.

I know that at certain times, especially in our generation, it can seem difficult because social networks tend to remind us of all the codes of society and push us to compare ourselves with images that are sometimes not even real because they are photoshopped. So I hope that everyone will be able to keep in mind that our body is what it is and that we must succeed in loving it.

Gwenola

Back to top Go down

Post by célie verdois Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Today this is the result of the American presidential elections. I find this topic very interesting because USA is the first world power. Its president has an impact on all countries in the world. I took an interest in the functioning of these elections. The system is indirect universal suffrage, every American vote for a great voter. Each great voter is affiliated to a political party. There are democratic party a republican party. Joe Biden is democratic, and Donald Trump is republican. The United states count 538 great voters, California has the greatest voters (55). This is the "winner takes all" rule, when a candidate is in the lead, he, or she "wins" all the electors. The great voter elects the president in December. Currently we stay the result, so Donald Trump has said that I wont left the white house in case of defeat. The election is not finish and the result is eagerly awaited.

célie verdois

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Hello John, I hope you had a good holiday.
Today I have chosen to talk about the body, and more particularly about the female body. In the world we live in today, the woman's body is sexualized. Many women are fighting against this vision and are striving to claim equality between men and women. It is very difficult to change the mentality of today's society.
I would like every woman to feel good about her body and to be able to let her body express itself freely without these actions being judged.
The body is also subject to a lot of criticism, discrimination and other problems of all kinds. We must stop always wanting to criticise others on their appearance because each person has a story, the body is a story.
We have to accept each other but above all we have to accept ourselves.

Tess

Emmannuelle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auxane Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:17 pm

I have chosen to tell you about the electoral elections in the United States which are happening at this very moment. I watch a report on donald trump and the way he "divided" the united states. In fact, there are two parties in the United States, the conservatives and the republicans. The Republican Party is represented by Donald Trump it is a very conservative party for the carrying of weapons and very focused on white supremacy. the democrat party led by Joe Bidden is a party more focused on the values ​​of the left.
I think Donald trump was not a good president it is my personal opinion which commits only me, but the figures show it. The inequalities between the richest and the poorest are growing more and more and if this continues the middle class will disappear. It is not only the inequalities which are widening but in particular the hatred between the white supremasists and the African-American populations which feel excluded is causing a rupture within the country.
In addition, the covid crisis has plunged the country into some uncertainty. I think that at this stage we should no longer vote for a party but rather for a person who can represent the greatest number. I think the future president will have work to revive the American dream.

auxane

Back to top Go down

subject 4 - the election of animal bodies Empty Animals

Post by Bastien Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Since I was a little boy I have always grown up around animals. My parents had more than a hundred animals such as dogs, ducks, chickens, pigeons, rabbits, geese, fish or even a reptile. After growing up around many animals, I was attracted to wild animal documentaries. I find it very interesting to learn new things about animals such as their hunting techniques, how they survive, learn more about them. Today we unfortunately hear about endangered animals because of multiple problems such as global warming, deforestation or even poaching which is illegal. We need to do our utmost to try to save as many of these species as possible who have not asked for anything.

Bastien

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmannuelle Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:27 pm

The subject of animals speaks to me more. Indeed I have a passion for animals (even if I'm afraid of big dogs, I try to work on it). I worked with the SPA to try to raise awareness against abandonment and to show the work of the employees and volunteers in the association. I adopted a cat myself thanks to an association in Poitiers that takes in abandoned cats. His name is Happy and he bears his name well because he brings me a lot of happiness.

Emmannuelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.P Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:28 pm

Some have thought about pets, others about wild animals. I'm thinking of humans.
I see our society as a gigantic zoo, with many species. There are those that are born and move in packs like wolves, those that are made to live in couples like lovebirds, and those that walk alone like bears. There are animals more at ease in the water than in the air or on land for their hobbies. Some animals prefer a cold climate to a warm climate. Others that have invented their own languages.
If we look more closely, some have great ambitions but remain stuck in their cage for lack of means or fear of running away outside. Others outside the cages would have more means than others to carry out their dreams but prefer to stay in their comfort zone. Some animals put on shows for those who want to observe them, while others less famous but just as interesting (or indeed more interesting) remain hidden in their enclosures unnoticed.
There are those who don't know how to appreciate what they possess. Since they are too busy being jealous of what their neighbors have more than they do. Those who don't care about anything, those who sleep a lot like sloths, or very little like giraffes. Those who perceive the sadness of others in an enclosure in the distance but don't know how to help. Those who live at night like the red fox, compared to those who live by day like the monarch butterfly. Those loved at first sight thanks to their beauty, despite their bad personality like dolphins. Those unloved at first sight because of stupid stereotypes or fear of the unknown, like spiders. Bref, I could go on and on. All I hope is that one day the zoo will be able to live in harmony.

And you.. what kind of animal are you?
I think I might be a snow fox..
Marion.P
Marion.P

Back to top Go down

Post by coline Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 pm

I will talk about elections.
Today, we are the 4th of November and American elections are processing since the night of 3rd of November. We don’t know yet who will be the 46th President of the United States of America. For now, Joe Biden, the Democratic candidate, has won 238 electoral votes and Donald Trump, the current president and the Republican candidate, has 213 electoral votes.
These are controversial elections and a lot of citizens get together to protest for their opinions in movements as Black Lives Matter, QAnon, …

coline

Back to top Go down

Post by Titouan Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:03 am

The election

I don’t want with this topic, put forward my political opinion or other but I would like to give my opinion about this election.
trump? biden? trump? biden? Who’ll be the next 46th president of United state ? This is the question who can change the world.

The election looks like a tv reality show for me; The election takes a theatrical turn, the candidates are composed of trump (an energetic character with dubious words), Biden (a brilliant botox pensioner) and finally Kim Kardashian's husband: Kanye west, a rapper who is promoting himself with the elections.

Candidates insult each other, humiliate each other, imitate each other

The Americans are focused on the personality of their future president and not on their programme ?

And the the population, I should talk about the behaviour in order to explain this political spectacle.

Involved, the voters show their support via the networks, the media but also in their neighborhood with signs, banners. If you don't know the political opinion of your neighbour, it's because you are blind.

The most worrying thing is the possible demonstration of the losing voters when the results are announced. Many shops then barricaded and protected their shop windows.

This is unimaginable in France, we’re too seriously to dot this. Our cultures are different, and presidential elections are also treated differently.

Titouan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down