UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subject 7 - Politics

+14
Eva.P
Thibaut SALAT
Valençon Chloé
Khaled HAMMOUTEN
Andrea.loth
Aurele sellier
Opale
MARECHAL Mathilde
nicolas boissinot
maxime herbé
Dorian TIROUARD
Victor DANDEU
Emeline BRENIERE
Admin
18 posters

Go down

Subject 7 - Politics Empty Subject 7 - Politics

Post by Admin Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:16 am

Are you interested in Politics? why or why Not? Will you vote at the next election? Do you follow politics in the U.S. or U.K or anywhere else. What could France do to get you more interested in politics?

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Subject 7 - Politics Empty Re: Subject 7 - Politics

Post by Emeline BRENIERE Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:16 pm

I am no more interested in politics than her, even if I will soon have to vote for the next presidential elections. At the moment the elections of the new presidents are taking place in the United States. According to American newspapers, doesn't Trump have some serious advantages? In the United States, outgoing presidents are more often re-elected than defeated. Biden's image clearly trumps Trump's. A favorite in the polls for months, Joe Biden, 77, former vice-president of Barack Obama, hopes to finally win the keys to the White House on his third attempt. Armed with his undeniable energy on the stands, outgoing Republican President Donald Trump, 74, for his part led a campaign of incredible aggressiveness. He promises to surprise again, as in 2016.
Nearly 100 million Americans have already voted in advance, in person or by mail, to avoid crowded polling stations in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has killed more than 230,000 in the United States and even worse in recent days. For weeks, Donald Trump has been criticizing this option, accusing it without proof of promoting electoral fraud.
To win, a candidate does not need to have a majority vote at the national level: he must win the majority of at least 270 of the 538 elected voters at the state level. It is today in this November 3 that we will know who is the new president of the United States!

Emeline BRENIERE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor DANDEU Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:42 am

I am not interested in politics. In fact, I don't understand everything that politics encompasses, it's a bit complex I find. For me, the political environment is a world marked by corruption and lies. The candidates do all they can to destroy their opponents and they make many promises to the people which will not be kept and they often fail once elected president. For the next elections, I will vote because I think it's a duty.
Concerning politics outside France, I am when it is the elections as at the moment with the American elections between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. Moreover, maybe there will be a civil war following the result.
I don't now what she could do to interest me more, just for the moment politics don't interest me. I think it's just that.

Victor DANDEU

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian TIROUARD Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:44 pm

Indeed, politics is a subject of interest to me, I think it is important to be aware of it because it is a very diverse field and can bring us a very large number of knowledge.Yes, I would vote because that is my right and I think that we should go there to defend the political party that best represents my ideas and my demands. I follow every day the new information about the presidential election in the United States, this election is really close and interesting to follow because whatever the winner will generate a more tense atmosphere than before. I even think that it is not impossible that many civil wars break out across the country to show the dissatisfaction of the Americans on the fate of this election. I think that for France to involve young people even more in politics, the country should involve us even more, that is to put us students at the heart of political projects. Increase awareness among young students to increase interest in this area.

Dorian TIROUARD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maxime herbé Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:58 am

I am not really interested in politics but I am thinking of going to vote because it is my right as a citizen. I rarely follow the presidential elections but the presidential elections in the United States are funny. I think that when I vote I will be more interested in French politics to be able to choose.

maxime herbé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Subject 7 - Politics Empty politics

Post by nicolas boissinot Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:46 am

I'm interested in politics because I think it's important to be involved because we young people are the voters of today and tomorrow but we don't participate enough to have a real impact in this area. While some may very well participate or even represent us in order to make our voice heard.

nicolas boissinot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MARECHAL Mathilde Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Of course I am interested in politics because I have understood that the decisions they make have, or will have an impact on my life. That is why I hope to be able to vote in the next election. In addition, women fought for the right to vote for us in 1944. Right now, I'm following politics in the United States because journalists talk to us about it every day but also because the American president has a lot of power, his decisions impact the whole world! France could talk about a subject that interests us where we are more present on networks since we are a connected generation for politics to affect us.

MARECHAL Mathilde

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Opale Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:58 pm

Yes, I am interested in politics. I find that very important, it's still them who make decisions for us and we fought to be able to have the right to vote. I will vote in the next election, I can't wait ! I often accompany my parents when they go to vote. I find it good that it is we who can vote directly for the president that we want or the mayor of our village. I followed the election of the President of the United States a lot this year, we heard a lot about it. It was very close between Biden and Trump. By this election and the elections for the French President I do not look. I know that in my school we elected our class delegate as if we were really going to vote, we had an electoral card, we had to put our vote in the ballot box.... I think we should talk about it more at school and that the parents take the children with them going to vote to show them how it works.

Opale

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurele sellier Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:24 pm

To be honest, I have not really been interested in politics because it is to complex, but as I am growing as an adult I think that I should pay more attention to the politics life in France because I want to vote. It is my right and I do not want anybody else to decide instead of me for the society I will live in. Of course, I have followed the US election and I was really shocked about how dumb some american people could be. Trump ‘s declarations made me laugh and I am so glad this is not my country.

Aurele sellier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrea.loth Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Poltics interestes me because it is a big parte of todays society and contributes to the way the country developpes in the future. Yes i will vote at the next election because weman have fought for a very longtime to vote so it is parte of my obligations to vote. I followe it in the us because it is such a big and powerful country and because i hate Trump. I dont know what France can do to get me more interrested in politics.

Andrea.loth

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled HAMMOUTEN Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Basically I'm not interested in politics because I find it boring and very repetitive, but on the other hand I find that we must also follow a minimum because we are directly affected by everything that politicians do. I am thinking of voting in the next election because, as I said we still have to elect someone who has the same ideas as us because sooner or later we will be affected.

Khaled HAMMOUTEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Valençon Chloé Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:23 pm

politics interests me, but no more, I find it important to vote for the presidential elections, it must be a candidate who is good for our country, it must not be a candidate who has no future for its population, it must be a president with ambition for his fellow citizens, however politics is not necessarily a subject of discussion, except by voting for a new president to represent our country I find the totally uninteresting policy, end this is my opinion and I respect everyone's opinion

Valençon Chloé

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaut SALAT Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:02 am

Admin wrote:Are you interested in Politics? why or why Not? Will you vote at the next election? Do you follow politics in the U.S. or U.K or anywhere else. What could France do to get you more interested in politics?

I trie to interest me at the politic but it's hard because you must know a lot of therms and vocabulary to understand things sometimes easy. The politicians are also vers confuse when they speak about something or difficult to understand. But I think it's important to trie understand politic because not everyone in the world can and if we don't feel good in the society or if you don't understand some things, to interest politic can be a solution. But I think the government win to be more accessible to population if they're forget all of there circumvolution. Because today people lose there trust in politicians and it's not good when you're not in confiance with your government. And of course I will vote for the next election, know I can give my opinion I do it all the times for everything even when no one want it. More seriously it's a great power and rights to vote for people who lead the country. And yes I follow a little the politic in other country because that impact us but this is not the same because we can't change or give our opinion about it.

Thibaut SALAT

Back to top Go down

Post by Eva.P Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:07 am

I think that first of all having the chance to vote is important, so of course that I would vote in the next elections. It is a right and a duty.
I am interested in politics in a fairly normal way, I watch the news etc, but not to the point of watching "public session at the National Assembly" ...
I was very interested in the American elections this year which was very important. It gave me a better understanding of their system, which is very different from ours.

Eva.P

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu G Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:01 am

For years, I'm not interested in politics because its hard to follow news about politics. Even if I was in ES, its hard to understand politcs and the behaviour of politicians about some things. But he must be interested in politics with next election, Its the moment where can decided who do we want to elect. I don't fallow politics in other countries. I don't know what France could do to make politics more interesting but today, we can feel a detachment of the population from politics in France

Mathieu G

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Quement StapsL1 Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:06 am

I am no more interested in politics than that but I always keep myself informed if it is French or especially American at the moment. It is necessary to be interested at least in everything but especially to know the French policy which is there to understand the stakes of each of the parties or the consequences of the decisions of the Head of State. And what this implies for each of us in order to make the right choices when voting or demonstrating against a law that goes against us.

Mathieu Quement StapsL1

Back to top Go down

Post by DELAUGE Vincent Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:54 pm

Before I was 17, I didn’t care about politics because I found it complicated and I told myself that it was for grown-ups, but just before 1 year before my majority I became interested because I was going to be able to vote and thus express my opinion. I find that politics is still as complicated (although I can understand a few things.) And for me, voting is not a duty but more an obligation because people have fought for that freedom and it is a way of paying tribute to them. This year I was interested in the election of the new President of the United States because I did not understand their voting system and I do not like Donald trump so much because I find him rude and unworthy to represent such a powerful nation.

DELAUGE Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by Marin Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:27 pm

I was not interested at the politics because I wasn't old yet and I found it more complicated for a child. Now I am 18 years old and I can to vote for the next election but I don't know anything about politics, I should understand and care because for me to vote it's someone thing good for freedom.During the USA election I tried to take an interest about the functioning of elections but not of politics itself.

Marin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down