UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second semester second week subject

+17
Julien Asselin
Legrand Gwendal
emiljouannetaud
Grondin Tom
Labaste Jules
Matteo
Romain BERTRAND
Evan Rebierre
Vincent CHOLLET
Mathis
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
LuceGaetan
GUEHO Timothe
Sabri El Madi
Clément Blanchet
LORENZI Emma
Admin
21 posters

Go down

second semester second week subject Empty second semester second week subject

Post by Admin Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Sustainable development. Sounds intellectual (Romain you can write about Rafa if you prefer Rolling Eyes )
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

second semester second week subject Empty Re: second semester second week subject

Post by LORENZI Emma Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:38 pm

If I need to give a definition of sustainable development, I would say that it's the way that we managed to "answer" to the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. I think that it goes beyond the fact that we need to put some new materials or ecological facilities.
In fact, we all need to participate to the recycling initiatives and to change of spirit and of way of life.
To me, nowadays it's an utopia. Firstly because some country are actually trying to make progress, but it will never be enough. Some poor country can't make it? But beyond that, even if a country like France, try to have some "low energy" stuff or try to warn the population, only few people will give up of their "confortable" life to become more "ecological".

LORENZI Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

second semester second week subject Empty Re: second semester second week subject

Post by Clément Blanchet Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Currently, we're talking about the development in physiology classes, and I'm convinced that the development can't sustain once growth and maturation end. Indeed at this moment, aging starts with opposite effects (sorry John). That's why talking about sustainable development isn't pertinent. Nonetheless I just Emma's definition remembering me that I must buy a parachute for dubious jokes, otherwise, I'm going to crash. Therefore I'm going to tell you more about one lever that I'm using daily for a positive impact on the environment.

First and foremost I have to tell you that I can easily drink three liters of water each day, which could represent 2 plastic bottles. However, I prefer using inox flasks, aiming to produce less rubbish (on top of presenting fewer endocrinal perturbations). You may be telling yourself that I'm completely crazy: drinking tap water isn't healthy at all! and full of limestone. Even if I can't affirm how it's true, I have the solution. I use two kinds of filters: I use a few clay pearls (super-efficient according to my grandma) and a filtering carafe..

How are you acting for sustainable development?

Clément Blanchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:44 pm

In first sustainable development is the idea that human societies must live and meet their needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Then, today this transition to a more sustainable model is necessary to live in a more equitable world and to preserve our planet and its natural resources.
In addition, sustainable development presupposes a mode of organization based on a three essential pillars: environmental quality, social equity, economic efficiency.
These three pillars make up the challenges of sustainable development. To build a more sustainable society, these pillars are accompanied by fundamental principles.

Sabri El Madi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:26 am

Clément Blanchet wrote:

Currently, we're talking about the development in physiology classes, and I'm convinced that the development can't sustain once growth and maturation end. Indeed at this moment, aging starts with opposite effects (sorry John). That's why talking about sustainable development isn't pertinent. Nonetheless I just Emma's definition remembering me that I must buy a parachute for dubious jokes, otherwise, I'm going to crash. Therefore I'm going to tell you more about one lever that I'm using daily for a positive impact on the environment.

First and foremost I have to tell you that I can easily drink three liters of water each day, which could represent 2 plastic bottles. However, I prefer using inox flasks, aiming to produce less rubbish (on top of presenting fewer endocrinal perturbations). You may be telling yourself that I'm completely crazy: drinking tap water isn't healthy at all! and full of limestone. Even if I can't affirm how it's true, I have the solution. I use two kinds of filters: I use a few clay pearls (super-efficient according to my grandma) and a filtering carafe..

How are you acting for sustainable development?

I also use a flask and drink tap water. I don't worry about filters, the taste of water is very nice in Angouleme, In Soulac it tastes of halogens like flourine or chlorine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Clément Blanchet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEHO Timothe Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Today's world is becoming increasingly aware of the importance of sustainable development for future generations. Indeed, we are in the process of leaving our beautiful planet in a deplorable state for future generations. Sustainable development, is based on 3 themes, social, environmental and economic. On the social level, the objective is that our world is in the most peaceful way possible, to stop racism, xenophobia, homophobia... For ecology, it is simple to reduce plastic, that each of us pay attention to its consumption of water, electricity, food... Finally, for the economy, it is necessary to reduce the gaps between social classes or at least help the poorest among us, but also to give them the means to succeed in life.

GUEHO Timothe

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:09 pm

This subject is so vast, the three poles of sustainable development are: ecological, social and economic, which together give sustainability. This is the objective of many countries since sustainable development is part of the ecological cause and therefore fights against global warming. But today, many countries are struggling to embark on the ecological model to save the Earth and its inhabitants. But I think that for sustainable development to be really effective it should be imposed by all countries to its companies and developers.

LuceGaetan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:37 pm

"Sustainable development" is an expression first appeared in 1987 in the report "Our common future", also known as the Brundtland Report. The Norwegian Prime Minister, Gro Harlem Brundtland used this expression during the United Nations World Commission on Environment and Development. Today, Norway is one of the most developed about sustainble development. They have the engagement to make zero carbon by 2030. Sweden, Finland, Denmark are engaged because they want to avoid as they can an increase of 3 degrees.
They invest in renewable energies because it is our future.

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:15 pm

Sustainable development is a very large subject and also in very actual subjet. In fact, nowadays, we are faced with a constant desire for evolution, a desire on the part of everyone to have an even better quality of life and therefore the desire to always have more resources. The main problem here is that the planet, essentially, cannot survive over time if we continue to live like this. The main problem, for me, is that our world is based on a model of capitalism that is doomed to fail.
I think that each of us should do efforts do rescue our planet from pollution. Obviously, it's easy to say but I know that the goal of humans is to live better and better and we can't really do anything against that... I agree in the fact that each of us need to do lot of little efforts to reduce pollution and waste but I'm annoyed when we tell me (for exemple) to take a shower of just 5 minutes will help the reduce the waste while knowing that a lot of cargoes and planes do round of the world each days... (that is pollutes much more). However I know that we can't really stop that and we need to to all that little efforts because it's always something won! Also, we need to try to stop buy things that do the round of the world and try to buy local (It's easy to say because it's always cheaper when the products doing the round of the world that but it's often a gage of quality when it's local! )

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:16 pm

This week's topic is about sustainable development. This is a subject that speaks to me because I completed a STI2D baccalaureate (Science and Technology of Industry and Sustainable Development). The 3 pillars of sustainable development are the environment, the social and the economy.
Precisely during my baccalaureate I had to carry out a project in a subject for sustainable development. Our project was to make a compactor for cans, bottles ... This compactor had to fit into a kitchen without taking up space. With this tool, it allowed waste to take up less space in the trash because it was crushed and also allows users to take out the trash less often.
It was an interesting project to do and good for the planet.

Vincent CHOLLET

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:59 am

Vincent CHOLLET wrote:This week's topic is about sustainable development. This is a subject that speaks to me because I completed a STI2D baccalaureate (Science and Technology of Industry and Sustainable Development). The 3 pillars of sustainable development are the environment, the social and the economy.
Precisely during my baccalaureate I had to carry out a project in a subject for sustainable development. Our project was to make a compactor for cans, bottles ... This compactor had to fit into a kitchen without taking up space. With this tool, it allowed waste to take up less space in the trash because it was crushed and also allows users to take out the trash less often.
It was an interesting project to do and good for the planet.

Do they exist now Vincent?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:32 pm

Sustainable development is a large subject. We can talk about renewable eneregies and say that 100% of Iceland's energy is products by those energies.
Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark also have a large part of renewable enregies, especially wind turbines, hydroelectric dams. They have very long pipes named penstocks that bring water to the central.
We can talk about electric movement in car industry. Electric cars are not THE solution to reduce car carbon footprint.
Carbon footprint isn't only based on the greenhouse gases emitted by cars during their time of use. In fact, it's calculated with emissions from the fabrication, transport, use and end of life of any object. And car batteries (such as telephone or other batteries) pollute a lot durinf their end of life because we don't really know what to do with those batteries but they are increasingly recycled.

Evan Rebierre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:45 pm

Thank you very much John, it's an honor to still be able to talk about one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, Rafael Nadal !
And I didn't suggest Rafael Nadal as a theme randomly, (not this time), it's because, last week, he once again entered in the history of sport (and of humanity). But what did he do ? He broke the record for consecutive weeks in the world top 10 in Tennis (ATP). It's been 800 weeks since Rafael didn't left the Top 10. It's just amazing ! He has beaten legends like Jimmy Connors (789 weeks), Roger Federer (734 weeks), Ivan Lendl (619 weeks) and Pete Sampras (565 weeks).
It's therefore since the April 25, 2005 that he has not left the top 10 despite the injuries and moments of doubt. He was 18 years old ! This proves once again that he is the best player ! So let's bow down to Rafael Nadal and wish him good luck for the Australian Open.

Romain BERTRAND

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:56 pm

Hello John,
Today I'm going to tell you about the sustainable development.
First of all, sustainable development consists of 3 pillars : economic, social and environmental. This allows to organize the company in such a way as to allow it to exist in the long term. This implies, for example, the preservation of the environment and natural resources or social and economic equity.
Personally, I think that the sustainable development is very important in our current society, especially for the protection of the planet for future generations.
For example, the idea of building wind turbines in order to bring electricity, is a movement for sustainable development because it reflects ecology.
We must continue the efforts to protect the planet and this requires the application of sustainable development.
I want a beautiful planet for my descendants !!

Matteo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Labaste Jules Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:01 pm

Once again, the subject Sustainable development is not very inspiring. Neutral

First, let me define the subject.. so the sustainable development goal focuses on developing and expanding renewable energy resources such as sun, wind, hydropower, liquid and solid biofuels, biogas and geothermal. sunny

Of course, I am not very inspired by this subject, but it is nevertheless essential to talk about it because it is a very important subject. We must protect our planet and avoid natural disasters, which is why sustainable development is something that I think is extremely important and why it is important to make the new generation as aware as possible.

If there is no radical change in the current population, the Earth will be a disaster for our descendants...

Labaste Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:08 am

Labaste Jules wrote:Once again, the subject Sustainable development is not very inspiring.  Neutral

Then YOU choose a subject that can inspire everyone!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

second semester second week subject Empty sustainable development

Post by Grondin Tom Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:09 pm

What is sustainable development?

The concept of sustainable development began in the very early 1970s.
A few personalities, politicians and scientists, worried about the dysfunctions they could observe: climate change, depletion of fossil fuel resources.
For me I think it's important to care about the sustainable development because the next generation will leave in the same earth ( maybe not , SPACE i'm coming ! alien ).
Many resources are lost because of the polution.
So be careful ! Make the sorting in your waste!
And that's all I have no other idea to say about it Smile

Grondin Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by emiljouannetaud Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Substaible development was in the begining the idea that our children can live in the future with all they need. To sum up, living without compromising the future generation of people. But now that we realised how badly we have messed up our poor plan, substainable development is more an idea of how can we help the environment. To fight for the environment, i have some habits that are friendly with mother nature health. First I try to avoid plastic for bottles, I drink in a flask and secondly, to reduce my carbon footprint, i spent all of my holidays wild camping, hiking, climbing so a lot less CO2 is produced that if I was at home. So that makes it an ecological action

emiljouannetaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Legrand Gwendal Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:21 pm

The sustainable developement is surely a subject that our planet need actually. We can't continu our way to live, Earth would not survive it.
Sustainable development could be definit as our first future way of life. It begin with the way of production of energy. Energy has been product by different way since the beginning of it. There has been way of product that were hard in pollution, like charbon's industry for example.
A lot of way are in developement, like wind turbine, thermal energy and hydraulic.
So there is a lot of way to help for sustainable developement, and help our planet to subsist longer and longer.

Legrand Gwendal

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:29 pm

Good subject ! The Sustainable Development Goals are a call to action by all countries (whether poor, rich or middle income) to promote prosperity while protecting the planet. The world organization for sustainable development said it had 17 goals in place to "transform our world". the first five goals are: poverty reduction, that everyone has access to food, education, that everyone has good health and to enforce gender equality

Julien Asselin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:48 pm

The issue of sustainable development is growing day after day. But what do we do ? nothing. As a little humain being, reduce our consumption won't really change the climat disruption but we still have to try. What is really disrupting are for exemple big firm who export product around the world. But WE are the persons who are buying this product from América, Pakistan, China...
This is vicious circle.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:35 pm

We saw more and more political parties talk about that, their green parties are worried for the planet and I think it's normal. I agree with them because global warming is real with the ice's melting and the temperature more and more hot each year and we have to do something for the next generation.

Hugo Wannepain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Seguin Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Sustainable development is really a major issue for our generation. Unfortunately, with countries like the United States or China, it is difficult to say that this is the norm everywhere. Sustainable development is necessary today because with pollution, climate change, it is not the earth that is in danger but future generations for whom the future safely and without climate disasters is uncertain. Recycling, green energy development, biodegradable materials and ocean clean-up must be a priority to preserve a healthy and sustainable ecosystem.

Tom Seguin

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:06 pm

the subject is sustainable development. For me sustainable development is very important. Indeed it is intimately linked to our life and even our survival. We need to preserve our resources otherwise we are all heading towards a not very bright future.

idris hamidi

Back to top Go down

Post by Legrand Gwendal Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:37 pm

The substainable development, is way for us to live longer. Human population grow every day, but not earth, and not what make us live, food and water. So we need to find other way than actually, to let us grown better. It can be on the way of fedding (less meat for example), on the way of adapt earth at us (stop killing Amazonie), or antoher way to product energy. The last one is the most way on research, because weknow how to product with less pollution --> water force, wind, geoheat...
Substainable development is a question of our future!

Legrand Gwendal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down