UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 3

+16
logan
Charloote NIORT
Pierre-Louis
Gaëtan Morin
Laura
Tifenn G.
JulesV3
Ugo B
Melvin Fleuret
Jordan Rak
Julie TORRIANI
dmarti
lguilb04
Aurélie
Coline Thouvenin
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 Empty Semester 2 Week 3

Post by Admin Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:37 am

What do you think about Breakdance in the Olympic games and what do you think the next new sport will be? (Thanks to Melvin)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Melvin Fleuret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 3

Post by Coline Thouvenin Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:10 am

This week, we are going to speak about "What do we think about Breakdance in the Olympic games and what do we think the next new sport will be ?"
I think it will be to difficult to juged this discipline because unlike an other sports, there is no time, points or codified elements to achieve. The notation is I think more subjective and therefore can be less just ? It's a very difficult question. It's a very difficult question. However, if this sport and others such as skateboarding or surfing have been added to the Olympic Games, it's because the issue has been considered and solutions for the judgments have been found.

Coline Thouvenin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:28 am

This week, the subject is on the breakdance in the Olympic Games. I think the arrival of breakdance at the Olympic Games is very great and important. I think all sport should be in Olympic Games. Because why they have not their place too in the Olympic Games like Athletics? All sport have the right to be recognized and mediatized in this event of Olympic Games. Besides, breakdance is not the only one to be new in the adventure of Olympic Games, there is also climbing, skateboarding, and surfing. I am very happy to see a little evolution, and I look forward to see them in the Olympic Games at Paris in 2024. #RoadToParis2024

Aurélie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 3 Empty BREAKDACE

Post by lguilb04 Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:51 am

I think it’s a good thing that Breakdance is at the Olympic Games, and I think that decision has again caused a lot of debate about : « Is Breakdance an art or a sport? ». I think it’s both, but that’s just my opinion. In addition, I had read an article on the subject that said that dancers were “afraid” about the format and rules of competition. For example, with imposed figures that distort discipline.
I would like bowls to be at the Olympic Games in a few years to have time to train me to do these Olympics !!!… lol! Moreover, it is important to know that bowls was to enter the Olympic Games but that it is Breakdance and Skateboard that took its place. So I have a hope for a few years.

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:13 pm

I’m surprised that Melvin proposed a subject related to dance because he’s not a very good dancer. He may have hidden his break-dancer skills…anyway.
I am shared because yes on one side breakdance is a sport, according to me, so he deserves his place at the Olympics Games but on an other side, I don’t see how they could deliberate who achieved the best performance. I mean, it would depend only on the judges' vision, but that vision is their own and not everyone has the same. I think there would be a lot of polemic.
But I believe that in the future, with all the sports they want to add, the Olympic Games will last a month.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:34 pm

On the one hand, I think it would be really good if break dancing were introduced to the Olympic Games program, because I think it's a real sport. On the other hand I think that it would be very difficult to judge and to make an objective classification because there is no regulation and no codification of the gestures. So in my opinion, before integrating it into the Olympic Games, we should codify breakdance like in the gym by putting more points on figures than on others, but that would distort Brakedance and I think the dancers would not be satisfied. … I really wish surfing and skateboarding were introduced to the Olympics it could be really cool to watch.

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 pm

I think breakdancing would have its place in the Olympics. Just like artistic swimming or gymnastics, it is a representation, moreover with very physical movements similar to the gym. So yes for me it's a sport that could naturally be at the Olympics.
After, if there is a sport that I would like to see or rather see again, it is Rugby XV because it is an emblematic team sport, popular in many countries, which has unfortunately been withdrawn ...

Jordan Rak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:25 am

Julie TORRIANI wrote:On the one hand, I think it would be really good if break dancing were introduced to the Olympic Games program, because I think it's a real sport. On the other hand I think that it would be very difficult to judge and to make an objective classification because there is no regulation and no codification of the gestures. So in my opinion, before integrating it into the Olympic Games, we should codify breakdance like in the gym by putting more points on figures than on others, but that would distort Brakedance and I think the dancers would not be satisfied. … I really wish surfing and skateboarding were introduced to the Olympics it could be really cool to watch.

I thought they were both in this olympics.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:26 am

Breakdance - rubbish. E-sports for the Olympics cheers cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

JulesV3 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:24 pm

That's a really interesting thing that Breakdance is now an Olympic sport because last year ( I guess it was in Sociology ) we had a subject on " do you think that'll become the next Olympic Game ? ".
I think that's a good thing he became Olympic because of there are few " artisting " sports in OG. But the negative point is that will be really difficult to have true mark because the notation seems really complex ( no real codified thing ).

And for the next Olympic Sport, I would like something like running but ONLY running, for example a 5kilometers run. Each edition, the environment will change according to the country where are the OG ( one time in a forest, then in a desert etc.. ).

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Melvin Fleuret wrote:That's a really interesting thing that Breakdance is now an Olympic sport because last year ( I guess it was in Sociology ) we had a subject on " do you think that'll become the next Olympic Game ? ".
I think that's a good thing he became Olympic because of there are few " artisting " sports in OG. But the negative point is that will be really difficult to have true mark because the notation seems really complex ( no real codified thing ).

And for the next Olympic Sport, I would like something like running but ONLY running, for example a 5kilometers run. Each edition, the environment will change according to the country where are the OG ( one time in a forest, then in a desert etc.. ).

Then underwater.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:15 am

About breakdance in Olympic Games, I don't really know what to think, th'ta's not a sport I look but if peoples likes it then why not.

So for the sport I would like to see in Olympic Game, to be honest I don't really care because I'm not watching it. But if I should choose one, then it's powerlifting by far, because it's my sport and it's easy to manage and organize.

Ugo B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 pm

Marbles
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:11 pm

So this week topic is about two subjects, first is breakdance in the Olympics, and I agree that as gymnastics or other artistic sport it could get the same kind of notation by grading the movement figure by their difficulty !
For the sport I'll like to include to Olympics, it would for many reasons e-sport, first because it could bring a huge amount of viewer to Olympics in general, Olympics got a lot of viewer, e-sport got a lot of viewer and because they don't have the same "fan base" it could be good for those ou broadcast Olympics, secondly, thoses new viewer are young, and usually, the young people are maybe not so interesting about Olympics games, it could attract them to do more usual physical activity ?? And in third, e-sport can bring a huge show, with insane new kind of action.
I'm sure that if those who says that e-sport is not a sport should came back on their minds if they get the opportunity to see some competitions (more or less according to the game/king of gameplay shown)

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:37 am

I think that breakdance is the best dance with hip hop even if it's only my point of view and I can justify it with a real reason because I don't have knowledges in dance it's just that it dance seems very cooool ! More over I think that breakdance deserved its place at Olympic Games because it demands lot of techniques and abilities furthermore there is a artistic part in this sport and it require good physical conditions to practice it contrary to e-sport or chess (even if I love chess) that demands only concentration and it's for this reason that I find e-sport can be damage the mind of Olympic Games No and to confirm my opinion we can say that e-sport don't allow to improve an physical abilities for another sport while almost all sports can allow to improve his level in another sport in term of strong, precision, techniques etc but e-sport is not real so it can't help for real sport however it's not the opinion of gamers who, according to my view, try only to justify their time passed on their sofa but some people in STAPS, people who are supposed sportives, seems not agree with me but I target nobody (isn't it Jules !? lol! )
Anyway, to go back on the subject I would like to see skateboarding on the Olympic Games, but normally it appear at the next Olympic Games because this sport was planned for the Olympic Games in 2020. I think that it sport must be in Olympic Games because it demands lot of techniques and balance to be practice this sports demands too much patience and repetitions to be able to do only one tricks and it's for this reason that it's a sport rather demoralising when people begin this sport but after lot of persistence it's one of the best sport ever ! This sport allow to get enormously of sensations but it's a dangerous sport so we have to be vigilant to avoid the risks. But in the community of skaters there is two camps : the first, people who want skateboarding in Olympic Games (like me) for the reason that I quote before and the second who doesn't want skateboarding in Olympic Games because they think that skateboarding is a sport which belong to the street (like freerun etc) and its insertion at Olympic Games can denaturalize this sport. Be that as it may, skateboarding will be in the Olympic Games in 2024 and I hope that we will get an amazing show !

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:35 pm

I don’t know breakdance is retracted in Olympic Games.
I find significant that new sport come in Olympic Games because this apported novelty in the sporting world. This allow to touch the youngest. It is a single sport who comes from the street. This allow show in the television a sport which is not well known and therefore to boost the number of licensees in pratice.
I would find it original and cool that bowling was a sport at the Olympic Games. It is a sport no represented and mostly made for fun. But, there is a French Federation of Bowling and Bowling Sports.

Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:40 pm

So I don't know much about the dance world, but I find breakdancing to be a stylish dance that is fun to watch. However I am not sure that the Olympics Games is a good idea for this kind of sport because I do not see how the dancers can be rated. For me it's more an art than a sport and therefore the scoring is different according to the different points of view of the observers. Even though the figures are very hard and require real physical skills, I don't think breakdance dances need to be done at the Olympics Games. One sport that should be at the Olympic Games in the coming years is padel tennis.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:55 pm

I am not a great dancer and even less a B-Boy. Nevertheless, I find this dance pretty cool and entertaining. I trust that it can please to a diverse andiance at the Olympics games, dancer or not, because there are a lot of movements and the rythm is hard to hold. Moreover, a Breakdance competition should be easy to organize because no stuff is needed to practice it, so in my opinion, introduce Breakdance into the Olympic games could be a good idea.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:00 pm

i must admit that I did not know this information.. But I'm not surprised by this. Indeed, to be a good break-dancer, you need to have a good physical condition, a lot of coordination, linked to strength and flexibility. Thus, this corresponds to a real sportmen. In addition, a long preparation, as long as for the others sports, is necessary. On the other hand, I think that the codification must be really particular and atipical... The society is in constant evolution, therefor, it's good to incorporate new elements in all areas of it.
finally, a sport tha could be at the olympic games is the crossFit, because it is a world sport, versatile, wich it develops. However, a big work of unifying the contents of the tests must be worked on to be fair ( size/weight category)

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:18 pm

I don't necessarily have an opinion on the integration of breakdance in the Olympic Games, it adds one more event. After, the breakdance at high level is spectacular to see but note this kind of event is not going to be a very easy thing to do.
For me the next sport which will be integrated, will be the petanque, even if for me the petanque is not very nice to watch on TV. It takes a long time to look. I would like squash to get into the Olympic Games because it is one of the main and interesting sport of rackets to see.

logan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brémand Xavier Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:29 pm

I think that putting something new like breakdance in the Olympic Games can be interesting because it's something which is physical and artistic, however I think that the athletes should be judged a different way that they're usually judged on classic breakdance's competition. Because it usually is based on artistic show and not physical performance whereas Olympic games are the opposite. For the next sport, my guess is that it might be something like a mixed sport, maybe soccer and basketball in the same sport. It could be fun and it could bring a lot of new ideas for the upcoming sports.

Brémand Xavier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:56 pm

I am mixed on the subject! To begin with I think that break dance is a sport (knowing that for me archery, pétanque ... are not sports given that the "cardic" and physical side does not exist, there is has only concentration) but it is also an art, like dancing. However, dance is not at the Olympics, I believe there will be hiphop but no other types of dance. If we start to put a particular type of dance then we will have to put others like contemporary dance ... So I have two opposing points of view. But break dancing is still a technical sport like the gym, but also physical to be able to perform the figures that's why I would say that break dancing at the Olympics could be a good idea. Nice subject, we can debate on the subject for hours! As for archery or video games.... Very Happy

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jartins Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:50 am

We are going to speak about the breakdance in the Olympic games. I think the breakdance is difficult to juged beacause is not a performance with rules very strict like athletics. But it is a sport and I think every sport can be put in Olympic games. Even if this gives the advantage to the city which organizes the games.
What do you think the next new sport will be?
Personnaly, I think every sport can be integrate the olympics games.

jartins

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:22 am

I will never be able to consider Breakdance a sport.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:09 am

The break dance can be at the Olympics because it is a high intensity sport which brings it closer to dance. I compare it to synchronized swimming but out of the water, you have to be flexible and strong and that requires a lot of training which for me meets the

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down