UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 4

+15
logan
Pierre-Louis
Gaëtan Morin
Melvin Fleuret
lguilb04
dmarti
Ugo B
maeva bigeau
Aurélie
Julie TORRIANI
Jordan Rak
JulesV3
Laura
Coline Thouvenin
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Semester 2 Week 4

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:03 am

Either "Talk about Goalkeepers in team sports" or "The Handball world championship and its consequences"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 4

Post by Coline Thouvenin Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:49 am

This week, I chose to talk about Goalkeepers in team sports. I will tell you about my experience as a goalkeeper. During my years in college, I was always afraid of being goalkeeper in team sport and especially in hand ball. There were several boys in my class who played high-level handball.They were always shooting very hard in the goals and I was very afraid to take a ball in my head. It was torture for me.

Coline Thouvenin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:54 pm

I have always though goalkeepers are the crazy men of sport. As a survivor I believe that if someone is shooting at me I should get out of the way. Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:05 pm

Today, I talk about the goalkeaper in handball. I am goalkeaper in handball and I find this position wonderful. It is unlike any other and this is what shows its important. Often, the persons say « but you are crazy », « you have to be really crazy to go in the goal » or « you have to be damn crazy » and it makes me laugh because for me it’s something normal. My two parents was goalkeaper in handball and I think they gave me that taste for goals. And above all, not to be afraid of the ball even when you are shot in the head. I think the position of goalkeaper is very ungrateful as soon as he makes a mistake, it is immedatly spotted unlike the outfielders. This position is widely overlooked by coaches and yeti t accounts for 60% of a game’s result. That’s one of the reasons we lost the last two games at the world championship, because our goalkeepers weren’t good.

Laura

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:11 pm

It IS normal because you ARE crazy. Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 pm

So this week I'll speak about the goalkeeper in sport, so when I was young, I've done 5 years of football from my 5 years old to my 10, during theses 5 years I spent 4 of them as the goalkeeper of the team, for my first match of my first competition the opponent rush our goal and shoot right on my nose, I bleed for some few minutes but I fastly go back on the field to my post. Strangely, since this fact I still really appreciate the goalkeeper post, even during college where during handball tifen (with one N 😜) was attacking and shooting !

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:27 pm

This week I choose to talk about goalkeepers in team sports. I find this a very complicated position to be extremely ungrateful. The goalkeeper can hold the fate of his team in a game, which can earn him a lot of criticism. When he succeeds in super saves he is entitled to a lot of praise, but at the slightest mistake he becomes very criticized. This is why mentally it must be complicated as a position and that in my opinion it should be considered more and less criticized when they have the slightest error.

Jordan Rak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:11 am

Jordan Rak wrote:This week I choose to talk about goalkeepers in team sports. I find this a very complicated position to be extremely ungrateful. The goalkeeper can hold the fate of his team in a game, which can earn him a lot of criticism. When he succeeds in super saves he is entitled to a lot of praise, but at the slightest mistake he becomes very criticized. This is why mentally it must be complicated as a position and that in my opinion it should be considered more and less criticized when they have the slightest error.

This has always annoyed me too. Same for defenders. They play great all game and make one mistake and the loss is their fault but an attacker misses so many chances and maybe scores one and he is a hero.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:09 pm

Hello !

This week, I will tell you about the men's handball world championships. My mother and my brother play handball so I watched the semi-final and it was a disappointment ...
France was dominated by Sweden by 6 goals. This is because of the French goalkeeper who was not very present ...

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:25 pm

This week, the subject is “talk about Goalkeepers in team sports" or "The Handball world championship and its consequences"
First, I hope you watched the handball world championship!
To talk about this handball world championship, I am a little disappointed of the performance of our French.
But, we still arrived in 4th place while covid had an impact, we have a new manager, new players and the lack of some pillars of the French team. I think the think to remember from this handball world championship is the performance of Hugo Descat and Nicolas Tournat.
For the semi-final match against Sweden, our goalkeepers Vincent Gérard, he probably had the worst game of his career: only one save in the 55 minutes, while he is able to do formidable match and be elected “MVP”. I think the role of goalkeepers is difficult to have, because if players miss their defense, it is the goalkeepers who must stop the ball.
Besides, about the handball world championship, we can observe medias don’t talk about this, match are not diffused on the free channels. It is a disgrace.

Aurélie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:02 pm

This week , I chose the subject is "talk about Goalkeepers in team sports". For my goalkeepers is a horrible place in match because I scared to take a ball in my head. And I think this place in very diffcult because , there is most responsability because if his team loses it will fall on his shoulders. And he will receive all criticisms. For my the best lace of handball is attacker.

maeva bigeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:54 am

Goalkeeper is an important role in team sports, this is the last defender until you conceed a goal. I think they are kinda crazy because a shoot in the face, it happens quickly, but anyways, all teams must have one, so I guess a guy have to sacrifice himself for the sake of the team. Moreover, most of times, the goalkeeper didn't choose that, this is always a guy that trainers put there then stay for the rest of his life. About the men world championship in Handball, I didn't watch it, but they lost in semi-finals then for the third place, sad.

Last edited by Ugo B on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:27 pm

When I was very young, I already played goalkeeper for a little moment and especially for a football tournament of U9. This tournament has left on me a huge impression because the pitch being small in this category and being at the base a field player, as soon as I had the ball in my hands, I kicked it as far as possible and often I scored!!
But when the organizers saw it, they decided to change the rules of the tournament and prohibit foot clearance for goalkeepers in order to prevent me from scoring. It was really funny to hear them say on the microphone this new rule.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Goalkeepers in team sports

Post by lguilb04 Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:03 am

I think the collective sports goalie position is a difficult and ungrateful position. Already, there is only one goalkeeper on the field so to be able to stand out on this position you rarely have to excel because the number of places is very limited especially in the high level. Moreover, unlike the players on the field and especially the attackers, if the goalkeeper fails in his goal then he will be criticized and it will be said that it is his fault if the game is lost. However, an attacker can fail a dozen times in a match and no one will criticize him. However, you have to look and analyze whether the players of his team did not fail before which would explain the goal conceded by the goalkeeper in the following action. Let’s take the example of this year’s World Cup with France team, certainly the goalkeepers were not excellent during the half-timefinal but maybe the players on the field whether in attack and defense didn’t help them enough which explains the very low percentage of their stops. I’m the first to get upset when a goalkeeper doesn’t make a stop, or to be happy and admiring when the stop is spectacular yet people will only remember the decisive stop that makes the game tip in the favor of their favorite team or not.
It is really a specific and unique position !

lguilb04

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:17 pm

A goalkeeper is for me the keystone of a team. Of course, if you want your goalkeeper do some save. But when you know that the opponent players can shoot at 9, 10 meters and your goal will stop it all, that make a real mental difference.
All posts are important, but goalkeeper is definitly the most. The goalkeeper's dual is ALWAYS decisive, in all matchs. You cant compensate this post, and we saw that at Hanball WorldChampionship.. There is no way you win the World title with Goalkeepers who did 3 saves in a match ( the defense was not good too, but still.. )

To over, I would like to say that I love this post. I'm not, but during warming games I'm the first to go to the goal cause I love this.

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:55 pm

I chose to talk about goalkeepers in team sports. First of all, I find the goalkeeper position to be a difficult position and it makes you mentally strong to be a goalkeeper. In addition, even if he is part of a team I find that being a goalkeeper is playing an individual sport. Finally, it is a position that few people like and the goalkeepers are not valued enough. Without a goalkeeper you cannot win, while without an attacker, a midfielder, or a defender you can still win.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:04 pm

For this topic I'm going to talk about goalkeepers in team sports, and especially in football. I think this position is underrated because a goalkeeper can be decisive such as a striker. He can make his team win by his own thanks to his multiples stops. If we take soccer as an example, Manuel Nueur has been decisive for the world champion's title for Germany in 2014 all accross the tournament. His masterclasses allowed his team to concede only a few goals, probably that Benzema still has nightmares about him ! 
Moreover, a goalkeeper is a player in the entire part because in attack, he can go forward to play between the center-backs and eventually make a long pass for the winger and set up a goal. This is a strategy adopted by a few coaches.

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 pm

Today I will talk about goalkeepers in collective sports, being a goalkeeper in a collective sport is a great responsibility because it can influence the outcome of a match. Personally I made handball from the age of 6 and up to 12 -13 years old, go to the goalkeeper doesn’t bother me much but from 14 year old is not necessarily something I wanted to do because the children begin more and more strength and we are afraid to take the ball in the head. That's why I respect the goalkeepers you have to have courage and don’t close your eyes when the ball arrives and sometimes take the shocks of the ball in the head or in the intimate parts.

logan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 pm

I think that the place of goalies in all collective sports is much discussed. At the same time it is a single position, in the sense that there is only one per in team. He carries on these shoulders a big responsibility and if he makes a mistake in the game, it will be much more retained in the minds. I also think that the guard position can be perceived as frustrating because it will never have the opportunity to take decisive action. Besides, the training is different than all these teammates.
This position also has many advantages: it has the game in front of it. It can therefore be a valuable relay for his team, able to help his partners to position themselves to defend well, but also to counter the opponent. The caretaker must have good communication skills

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:01 am

I don't really know what I could said on the goalkeepers because in the team sports I am usually striker but I don't talk about the handball world championship because I don't have enough knowledges to approach this subject. So I only give my opinion on the goalkeepers and tell some story. First of all, I think that goalkeepers are not enough glorify like all players in defense because I find that in the teams sport there is only the strikers who are highlighted while defenders and goalkeeper are too important. Overmore, when a goalkeeper don't succeed to stop the ball he is accused while it's the responsabilitity of all players. Be a good goalkeeper demands lot of courage because I know (as striker) that shots that they must stop are very powerful and can be frightening because it can hurt so much ! However it's not always the frightening shots which are the most painful because I remember, Jule (without S), when we are in secondary school and when he was goalkeeper in handball, stop a little shoot very not strong and he succeed to get a sprain at the smallest finger of the hand and after that he didn't stop to complained during one week and he couldn't to write during the cours because "it is hurting me" (the poor darling XD). I would like there is more recognition at handball in P.E at school because it's often a post which is not work by the P.E teachers and not valorized and it have to consequences that nobody want to be goalkeepers in general and it's for this reason that pupils relieve each other at this post to "recuperate" so this post is not take it seriously because even if it demands less physical efforts, it demands to be focus harder.

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jartins Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:24 am

Today, I' going to talk about goalkeepers in handball and football. There is my worst memory in school, I was always in goal and the student shoot me every time. The ball shoot me in head, in belly, in crotch, it was nightmare. After, a days I was in the field, I shoot witk all my strenght, with the ball, every goalkeepers who do this. Very Happy

jartins

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 am

For me the goalkeeper is the key element of a team, without him nothing can be done. Let us take the example of the 2014 football world cup. The neutral manual goalkeeper from germany is voted best goalkeeper in the competition and largely represents the victory of germany he is huge over the entire competition and saves on several occasions are teams and can even disgusted the opponents because of his multiple stops

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down