UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 4

+16
emiljouannetaud
Legrand Gwendal
Tom Seguin
Labaste Jules
LuceGaetan
Matteo
Mathis
Grondin Tom
Sabri El Madi
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
Vincent CHOLLET
LORENZI Emma
Clément Blanchet
NOUZILLE Jeanne
GUEHO Timothe
Admin
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Semester 2 Week 4

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:10 pm

This week's choice: "Dreams" or "French Food"

Raclette Sleep vomit icon needed
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 4

Post by GUEHO Timothe Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:34 pm

French food what an interesting subject. I think we all really have to realize how lucky we are to live in one of the best countries in terms of gastronomy and why not THE best. Indeed, in France we have great chefs like Mauro COLAGRECO who was elected best chef in the world in 2020. By the way, did you know that in this ranking the top 10 is composed of 6 French chefs including the first 4 places, which proves once again our domination over gastronomy. Beware, this does not mean that we eat badly in other countries, quite the contrary. Even in France, we eat things that I find really not good, the snails that really eat it, as much to start eating slugs, flies, lizards...

GUEHO Timothe

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:36 pm

GUEHO Timothe wrote:French food what an interesting subject. I think we all really have to realize how lucky we are to live in one of the best countries in terms of gastronomy and why not THE best. Indeed, in France we have great chefs like Mauro COLAGRECO who was elected best chef in the world in 2020. By the way, did you know that in this ranking the top 10 is composed of 6 French chefs including the first 4 places, which proves once again our domination over gastronomy. Beware, this does not mean that we eat badly in other countries, quite the contrary. Even in France, we eat things that I find really not good, the snails that really eat it, as much to start eating slugs, flies, lizards...

Laughing Suspect No king queen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:15 pm

French food is something really vast and among that, there is really weird food. Like snails, oysters (excellent whit bred and salt butter).

But there is also really good things. Gwendal could say to you that crêpes in Bretagne are really really tasty. And that's a point we have in commun. And Bretagne is beautiful (more than normandie 🤢). Moreover, the taste is not the same if you eat the crêpe in Charente or in Bretagne. It is scientifically proved by me. And there is something that shouldn't be allowed -> "beurre doux" (butter without salt)

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:21 pm

I took a nap right after the talking session, where I had a nightmare. In fact, it didn't make any sense at first when a zucchini accused me of cheating at baseball. Nonetheless, there was a real signification well hidden behind this dream: I absolutely wanted to know what was affraying the squirrel of John's background. Whether endure a group of a few staps students can be frightening, the reality was quite different.

In fact, squirrels are animals full of prejudice about other cultures (according to scientists, trust me). Moreover, they heard about cooking with expired flour, that's why this small animal was terrified. Indeed, he/it was thinking about the weirdest French food, as calf heads, snails, or even pigeons (grown in the pure Parisian air). That's totally disgusting! Nonetheless, the squirrels judged in a closed-minded way. That isn't French food! In reality, French menus are unique, better than any other cuisine according to Timothé. Indeed that isn't a coincidence that the British population uses French terms while cooking.

Therefore you should tell to any other squirrel that praises discrimination to open its/his mind and take a look. In this way, you'll help him/it to avoid missing croissant, chocolate eclairs, profiteroles, a lot of wine, boeuf bourguignon, or even cheese.

Clément Blanchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:09 am

Clément Blanchet wrote:

I took a nap right after the talking session, where I had a nightmare. In fact, it didn't make any sense at first when a zucchini accused me of cheating at baseball. Nonetheless, there was a real signification well hidden behind this dream: I absolutely wanted to know what was affraying the squirrel of John's background. Whether endure a group of a few staps students can be frightening, the reality was quite different.

In fact, squirrels are animals full of prejudice about other cultures (according to scientists, trust me). Moreover, they heard about cooking with expired flour, that's why this small animal was terrified. Indeed, he/it was thinking about the weirdest French food, as calf heads, snails, or even pigeons (grown in the pure Parisian air). That's totally disgusting! Nonetheless, the squirrels judged in a closed-minded way. That isn't French food! In reality, French menus are unique, better than any other cuisine according to Timothé. Indeed that isn't a coincidence that the British population uses French terms while cooking.

Therefore you should tell to any other squirrel that praises discrimination to open its/his mind and take a look. In this way, you'll help him/it to avoid missing croissant, chocolate eclairs, profiteroles, a lot of wine, boeuf bourguignon, or even cheese.

Nuts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZI Emma Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:38 pm

The French tradition according to the other country is « Bread, Cheese and Wine » in « plein-air ».
Also, all of our traditional and daily dishes are composed by meat and I think that chicken, and especially duck are more « traditional » in France. Fish, shellfish, and seafood too because the
fishing industry is important in France (I only like fish stick or salmon). Oysters ?? Not for me…

But moreover, food is not just something who brings us energy, in France, it’s more than that.
French people sitting down at the prescribed hour in family.
Most of foreign people think that French people can’t pick up a snack or stand up to eat an apple quickly. But I think that we do (I do).
Dining is a pleasure and a ritual, Unesco even said « French gastronomy to be an intangible cultural heritage of humanity ».
French people are celebrating the most important moments around a table, eating food with friends or family. You need to go shopping for the best ingredients, planed the menu, dress the table, everything should be perfect to receive.

To finish, there are various regions in France so many different cultures : Breton doesn’t eat same food as Royannais or Alsacien..

LORENZI Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:11 pm

LORENZI Emma wrote:The French tradition according to the other country is « Bread, Cheese and Wine » in « plein-air ».
Also, all of our traditional and daily dishes are composed by meat and I think that chicken, and especially duck are more « traditional » in France. Fish, shellfish, and seafood too because the
fishing industry is important in France (I only like fish stick or salmon). Oysters ?? Not for me…

But moreover, food is not just something who brings us energy, in France, it’s more than that.
French people sitting down at the prescribed hour in family.
Most of foreign people think that French people can’t pick up a snack or stand up to eat an apple quickly. But I think that we do (I do).
Dining is a pleasure and a ritual, Unesco even said « French gastronomy to be an intangible cultural heritage of humanity ».
French people are celebrating the most important moments around a table, eating food with friends or family. You need to go shopping for the best ingredients, planed the menu, dress the table, everything should be perfect to receive.

To finish, there are various regions in France so many different cultures : Breton doesn’t eat same food as Royannais or Alsacien..

and don't forget the bread. The French eat bread with their bread.
Admin
Admin
Admin

LORENZI Emma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:24 pm

The theme for this week is French cuisine.
There are many great chef Best Worker of France including a famous chef Philippe Etchebest. Philippe Etchebest is well known in France because he appears in several television shows as "TOP chef" or "Cauchemar en cuisine".
France is one of the most popular countries in terms of gastronomy. For example, something we eat in France but which is not necessarily appreciated by everyone are the snails called "cagouilles" in Charente. There are also other Charente specialties, such as Pineau des Charente (be careful drinking alcohol is dangerous for your health) , salt with its tides on the Île de Ré in Charente Maritime, Charentaise pancakes ...

Vincent CHOLLET

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:12 am

I think when we are just a little child it is easier to have a lot of dream. With age we become more down to earth because we become aware how much the life is short and how fast she goes. Responsabilities come and some dreams go. But I think that's important to keep some dreams on mind because it can the aim of a life.

Few months ago, a movie was released about Dreams produced by Kim Hagen Jensen and Tonni Zinck. This is about a girl who is named Emma and who, one night, goes into the dreams world where she can change the future. It's a fun movie for children but with the closing of the cinemas I'm not sure they could watch it !

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:46 pm

The dream can have different meanings and therefore different definitions.
Indeed, first we can define the dream as the unconscious psychic phenomenon that occurs when we sleep. It is our imagination and our unconscious that will create images in our head during the night.
Moreover, the dream can take on a different meaning. Indeed, the dream can be an ideal to be achieved. It is a desire. For example, as a child, you dream of being a firefighter or an astronaut. For me, my dream would be to have a nice stable job so that I could never miss anything and to make us happy my family and me.

Sabri El Madi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 4 Empty Dreams

Post by Grondin Tom Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:04 am

hey John,

To begin I had a lot of dreams. The first one I'm thinking about it was when I was younger I would become a baker because the woman who babysat me when I was younger was a bakery teller and when I finished my homework I could go down to the basement to help make bread and I could leave with one of my own at the end when my parents would pick me up! I had only 8 or 9 years old and that was fantastic. So at college I did my stage in a bakery and I really love it. Razz That was my first dream then I discover sports with the time and I become addicted to learn more about it. So my new dream It's to live in my home with probably 1 or 2 dogs and my cats my wife and to get my job as teacher of sports. cheers

What ever one day maybe I'll come abck on my decision and become a baker ! Who know Question

Grondin Tom

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi john, today I will speak about the subject: "french food". Personnally, I think that, in France, we have one of the best culinary culture. In fact, we have lot of very famous chefs in france and we have also a lot of very reputed restaurants. One of the best think that I love in french food is called "Tartiflette". It's a very consistant and fattish recipe which is mainly composed of reblochon, potatoes and bacon. Another think that I love is "galette bretonne". It's a really simple recipe that is composed of dough, ham and gruyere and that is excellent.

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:32 pm

Hello John,
Today I'm going to talk about the "French Food". It's a very interesting subject because I love food and especially the "French Food".
Personnaly, I think France is one of the richest regions in the world in terms of food. We have different dishes that define us like the sauerkraut from Alsace, the cannelés from Bordeaux or the stuffed snails from Charente.
All these good dishes come from France and we can be proud of them.
Moreover, we can also be proud of our famous cheese because we have several types of cheese like Roquefort, Emmental, Cantal or Camembert (which is better when it stinks).
Finally, we are known for our good wine that comes from our region such as red wine (which is better with cheese) or white wine (rather for seafood).
For all these ideas, I think France has the richest food in the world.

Matteo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:33 pm

French food is very rich, each region has its own specialities which are all very good (or almost all of them, but we are obliged to defend our nation, John). When I talk about French food I think of Lyon which I think is the capital of gastronomy in France and I love a dish that comes from there: "French tacos"! French tacos made with meat, chips and cheese sauces, all in a cake ("galette" in French but I don't find the word in English) ! It's excellent and simple to make and I thank the person who invented this food!

LuceGaetan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Labaste Jules Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:50 pm

I'm going to speak about the "French Food". I choose this subject because I love the food.

French food is one of the most important gastronomies in the world. It is popular in particular thanks to boeuf bourguinion, duck, tartiflette, cheese, blanquette or even cassoulet.
Around the world, French is known for the quality of its bread. In some caricatures, the French is generally represented with his beret and his bread baguette.

France is therefore a country known especially for gastronomy and will continue to fill the belly of billions of people. Very Happy

Labaste Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Seguin Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:48 pm

So for this week, i will tell you about "dream" because the last semester have already talked about food.
We all have dream while we sleep and sometime we get to remember it. But these times, we realize they are totaly crazy. The last time, i do a dream where, on the back of the dolphin, i fought a spider army. But with this subject, we can talked about dream like life objective. Unfortunately, i don't have any passion or objective but with these studies, i can become a person who helps children find their goals

Tom Seguin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Legrand Gwendal Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:42 pm

French Food...A subject really interesting.
Interesting first because of my passion for it. Eat is an action vital for us, if you don't eat you are dead. That's what is a passion for me.
Now French Food. France is a country known for his gastronomy. A lot of french cooker are known in the entire world, like Paul Bocuse, Aurélien Blum arthur Marchaux or the most known is PASCAL MELIN.
French Food had a lot of variety, and specialities from all the different region, like kouign-amann (better cake in france and in the world).
Finally, French food is better than all of the other nationalities food, even the english food, wich is only know for fish'n chips (sort of fast food) and pudding.
Sorry Mr. Cox, but again it's a point where France win on England...Have a good day!

Legrand Gwendal

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:44 pm

Legrand Gwendal wrote:French Food...A subject really interesting.
Interesting first because of my passion for it. Eat is an action vital for us, if you don't eat you are dead. That's what is a passion for me.
Now French Food. France is a country known for his gastronomy. A lot of french cooker are known in the entire world, like Paul Bocuse, Aurélien Blum arthur Marchaux or the most known is PASCAL MELIN.
French Food had a lot of variety, and specialities from all the different region, like kouign-amann (better cake in france and in the world).
Finally, French food is better than all of the other nationalities food, even the english food, wich is only know for fish'n chips (sort of fast food) and pudding.
Sorry Mr. Cox, but again it's a point where France win on England...Have a good day!

If Aurelien Blum is a top chef, France can keep it's snails, cassoulet and moldy cheese.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by emiljouannetaud Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:36 pm

Dreams became a part of my STAPS course. Especially during lockdown where taking a nap was almost as important as the lessons. With the lockdowns and distancing classes, I'm now a professionnal of short naps between two lessons. So I dream a lot and I dream about many things. It depends on the mood, on what I done, saw or heard before during the day or on what I want to do in the future. Strangely, I have a lot of premonitory dreams (Yes, part of my dreams are often boring). For example, one time I dreamed about a trip with my friends and in this trip there was a location where we met some strangers and then our car broke down. Anyway, 4 months later, we were on a trip with my friends in the Italian Alps. But, at some point, we were lost and we ask some strangers the way for the campsite. The place where we asked for help was exactly the same that in my dreams and the strangers too. It was a pretty weird moment, it feels like I knew what gonna happened because I already lived this moment. Thankfully, the car didn't broke down but we had an issue with the fuel the same day so It was almost the same that in the dream I had 4 months before. To conclude, I dream of many things but I never have nightmares (maybe when I was 3 or 4 years old but that's it). Something is strange with my way of dreaming i don't know

emiljouannetaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:40 pm

Today, I’m going to talk about French Food because my dreams of the last week sucked ! In French food, there is some wonders like crepes, boeuf bourguignon, beef tartares, and of course snails. But we must say that there is a huge culinary disaster, such as endives with ham, blanquette of veal, oysters, broccoli, spinach, beef stew or even the bouillabaisse !
But the English also make a lot of mistakes ! With your jelly which makes "blop blop", your "haggis" which looked like a big sausage but which finally be a trauma in my trip to England, and your obsession to put beans, sausages and mushrooms in your breakfast !
Anyway it's only Americans who understand real food, long life to fat, long life to sugar and long life to McDonald's !

Romain BERTRAND

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:32 am

emiljouannetaud wrote:Dreams became a part of my STAPS course. Especially during lockdown where taking a nap was almost as important as the lessons. With the lockdowns and distancing classes, I'm now a professionnal of short naps between two lessons. So I dream a lot and I dream about many things. It depends on the mood, on what I done, saw or heard before during the day or on what I want to do in the future. Strangely, I have a lot of premonitory dreams (Yes, part of my dreams are often boring). For example, one time I dreamed about a trip with my friends and in this trip there was a location where we met some strangers and then our car broke down. Anyway, 4 months later, we were on a trip with my friends in the Italian Alps. But, at some point, we were lost and we ask some strangers the way for the campsite. The place where we asked for help was exactly the same that in my dreams and the strangers too. It was a pretty weird moment, it feels like I knew what gonna happened because I already lived this moment. Thankfully, the car didn't broke down but we had an issue with the fuel the same day so It was almost the same that in the dream I had 4 months before. To conclude, I dream of many things but I never have nightmares (maybe when I was 3 or 4 years old but that's it). Something is strange with my way of dreaming i don't know  

You could be the new Nostradamus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:26 pm

Unfortunately, I never dream. And when I dream I rarely have a memory of,my dream. But I think it's interesting to share tehir dreams with your family and your friends, it can become good stories you create or just fun, sometimes anxiety if the dream become a nightmare.

Hugo Wannepain

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Of course I'll speak about dreams. I guess dreams take a big aprt in my head, or my brain make lots of efforts to build strange ones, because I often dreamn ,and dreams I do are not simple ones. They are very complex, there are no transitions, no correlations, no sense.
I once made a lucid dream (don't know if it's the right term).
Sorry, I'm again talking about me. So, I was dreaming I was playing soccer with an old friend and others and teachers told us to take our bag back. I was running to take my bag and I stopped and thought "I'm dreaming". I was of course very confused and I told myself "Do I wake up if I think about waking up ?". I didn't. I then realised that I could do everything I wanted, And I teleported myself, I imagined myslef speaking to dead persons (like Freddie Mercury), I visited places I want to see, like Iceland or Korea.

Evan Rebierre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:39 pm

Evan Rebierre wrote:Of course I'll speak about dreams. I guess dreams take a big aprt in my head, or my brain make lots of efforts to build strange ones, because I often dreamn ,and dreams I do are not simple ones. They are very complex, there are no transitions, no correlations, no sense.
I once made a lucid dream (don't know if it's the right term).
Sorry, I'm again talking about me. So, I was dreaming I was playing soccer with an old friend and others and teachers told us to take our bag back. I was running to take my bag and I stopped and thought "I'm dreaming". I was of course very confused and I told myself "Do I wake up if I think about waking up ?". I didn't. I then realised that I could do everything I wanted, And I teleported myself, I imagined myslef speaking to dead persons (like Freddie Mercury), I visited places I want to see, like Iceland or Korea.

It's really fun to be able to control your dreams.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next