UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Week 5

+20
Hubert Clément
Jardin victoire
alefev10
Thomas Moreau
Simon Martinet
tom renoulleau
Mathis Tachdjian
Antoine Delval
Larbre
Lucie Proux
Louis ROGER
Théo DANGOUMAU
youri b
Tom Corrivaud
Lydie Maroteix
Rgnicolas
Nathan Quiry
florian
Pauline Lachevre
Admin
24 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Week 5 Empty Semester 2 Week 5

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:47 pm

The choice this week is "Tik Tok" or "Dogs and Cats" (If we haven't already done it that is - you could even expand it to animals).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Week 5 Empty Re: Semester 2 Week 5

Post by Pauline Lachevre Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi John,
This week I will choose the subject of dogs and cats.
To me, they are very endearing animals, and I find it so cute especially with their sweet little eyes. It’s impossible not to crack in front of those hairballs. At my parents I am lucky to have a red cat with beautiful green eyes. He spends his days sleeping, eating, going out to get some fresh air and sleep again.. hard life of aha cat. Otherwise what I prefer the most is kittens and puppies, they are so small but so sweet at the same time.

Pauline Lachevre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:35 am

hi john, this week I'm going to talk about the topic Tom chooses. For me there are two types of people, those of the dog team and those of the team cat. Personally, even if I love cats, I am still a team dog. Quite simply because I find dogs more affectionate and more loyal. Then in addition to that, I want to work with dogs so the choice is quickly made I think

florian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Quiry Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:35 am

Well this week's subjects don't really inspire me. But let's go with Tik Tok as it would sound like a presentation if I had spoked of dogs and cats. So Tik Tok is the worst apps ever for people (students for example) working in distance. When you get on the app it's terrible 'cause you can spend hours just scrolling to the next video as they are launched automatically and when one is finished she just started again and again. So personally I sometimes use it and I always get trapped by the infinite scroll.

Nathan Quiry

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rgnicolas Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:42 pm

Surprisingly, I won't talk about Tik Tok (how shocking I know, I'm full of surprises). I'm not a big fan of cats (sorry cat lovers), but I do love dogs. So let's talk about them.
To be honnest, I have no idea of what I'm gonna say, but that weird brain of mine always finds a way to produce something.
Dogs are cute, I think we can all agree on that. If you treat them well, they'll love you forever (Hachiko, if you know this story). They can also be a nice friend to keep you safe, as some dogs are absolutely able to defend themselves and their master against a burglar or someone that wanna starts a problem with you. Usually, just growling and showing their teeth is eough of a warning sign. I love dogs, we all love dogs, and if you don't, yes you do. That's how I solve problems.

Rgnicolas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydie Maroteix Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:34 pm

dog or cat, it's not a difficult choice for me. Although some cats are undeniably cute, the dog remains man's best friend. He is faithful and loyal. He asks for affection and cares for him like a real person. Why have an animal like a cat that is so independent and that we don't have to take care of, to make a short cut the cat is an "accessory" that doesn't need us? so why have one? the cat has little to give compared to a dog. Although I agree that life is an exception, the majority of dog or cat behaviour fits into this model.
for me the choice is undeniable the dog is the best pet since the cat doesn't keep you company and prefers its independence.$ moreover dogs are able to perform countless feats such as saving lives, guiding the blind, finding people or things, spotting diseases, and loving their master unconditionally?
To finish, and if I haven't convinced you yet, I just want to add that Hatchi would not have been the same if the animal had a cat.

Lydie Maroteix

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Corrivaud Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:29 pm

hi John

Recently with my gf, we took 2 baby cats, one for her and one for me. They are too cute, but they do always bad things. One day, their toilets were full and we didn't see that. So they chit in the bathtub.
I wanted to kill them all, and at this moment, they say meow and that's a terrible weapon of cuteness. I just hug them and said " you are not a good cat"..

Apart from that, I think puppets in general are really faithful, they are always happy to see you, and you can't be sad when this litle boy looks you like "hey play with me daddy"

Tom Corrivaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by youri b Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:45 pm

hi John , i'm not so interested about TIk TOk ; i had seen some videos of young girls were doing note something of concrete , i don't like lose my time with that , i prefer head a book on my chair behind fireplace or cook some good dishes! Tik Tok
is maybe a source of inspiration for some and they can recognize them with all the items of likes , the dream of being famous can become reality

youri b

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rgnicolas Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:49 pm

Tom Corrivaud wrote:hi John

Recently with my gf, we took 2 baby cats, one for her and one for me. They are too cute, but they do always bad things. One day, their toilets were full and we didn't see that. So they chit in the bathtub.
I wanted to kill them all, and at this moment, they say meow and that's a terrible weapon of cuteness. I just hug them and said " you are not a good cat"..

Apart from that, I think puppets in general are really faithful, they are always happy to see you, and you can't be sad when this litle boy looks you like "hey play with me daddy"

"Play with me daddy" come on Tom, that was nasty. We don't want that here, it's not the place !

Rgnicolas

Admin and Tom Corrivaud like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Théo DANGOUMAU Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Hello John,

Tiktok is an application that has spread worldwide, it has gone viral. You just have to do something out of the ordinary to make views because people share immediately.
In the world of social networks, tiktok has clearly taken over.
But this is only temporary in my opinion, because on the internet new things make the "buzz" but in the end they end up being forgotten.
The popularity of some people is due to social networks and nothing else. Apart from that, there is nothing extraordinary about these people.

Théo DANGOUMAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis ROGER Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 pm

This week, I chose the topic "dogs ans cats". They are the most popular pets. And personally, even though I prefer a dogs, I have both. And yet I don't understand why some people prefer cats. They laugh at us, do what they want, don't listen to anything, and are there when they want. Whereas the dogs are much more loyal, and are happy to see us. But living in the countryside, I can't just have two pets. So I also have a pony in my garden. I also love my pony because it mows the grass and so I don't need to make.
I don't have too many animals anymore because we ate them, but I had ducks, chickens, geese and I even had sheep.

Louis ROGER

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Proux Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:57 pm

HELLO JOHN!!!!!
I prefere speak about cats and dogs. Because these animals are my life!! These are the best, my cat is always present in my house and it's "apaisant" to have him close to me. But the problem is his name my cat is Dorian (sorry for the boys who is called Dorian) Dorian because before it was a cat that lived in the street and it was dirty. And as my brothers said that Dorian was a bad name, they called him that...
And my dog is the best because he is the only one who wants to come and run with me...
But he is old and will soon die suddenly I'm afraid to make him run and he dies because of me ......

Lucie Proux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Larbre Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:56 am

Today I am going to talk to you about Tik Tok. Tik Tok is a social network that allows users to create or watch videos (between three and 60 seconds) accompanied by music. Most of the time, people create funny videos or that require a lot of work in order to make the buzz on the networks and thanks to that be popular. However, not all people on Earth make videos to be popular but rather to make their friends laugh. In addition, online videos can be shared, liked or commented on as the principle of Instagram.

Larbre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Delval Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:08 pm

Hello Mr Cox! Today i'am not inspired by dogs and cats, for todaye, i will talk about TIKTOK. I find this application very cool and so funny, i find many jokes and interestings videos about a lot of subject. I will say you a information, a day during the confinement, with Mael, we have created an account, we published a lot of videos, dances, jokes, many messages. But, after 2 weeks, we haved an idea of post. We haved post a video of myself with a joke at the bottom and after 2 hours, we have make a buzz, 200k of views, more than 1000 likes and we won 2 or 3k of subscribers. 1 week later, we can see more than 700k of views, more than 10000 likes and we pass the bar of 10000 subscribers. Which means that we can be remunerated tanks to videos. It was not the million of dollars because since this, we won about 1 euro. Even if we don't do that for money, just for laugh, it's always funny to see revenue grow so little when we thought we'd become stars lol...... :')

Antoine Delval

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Tachdjian Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi John, im gonna talk about tik tok. So first of all, 6 months ago i was like "i would never download tik tok, it's a kid app...", but a friend of mine convinced me to give it a try. Since this day, i spent aabout 30 minutes a day on tik tok... What i like about tik tok is that people are so funny, that's the main reason i'm on this app, to laugh at funny trends and tough trashtalking between users. Also, Tik Tok is a good way to get your daily dose of fat ass.

Mathis Tachdjian

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tom renoulleau Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 pm

Hello mister, this week the subjects are not very inspiring, but I'm going to go on Tik Tok, personally I don't have tik tok, I'm not interested but, I think this social network should have age limits or censorship because, very young people are on it and sometimes very often, we see young girls or women showing themselves almost naked at least in their underwear, so it doesn't bother me to see that but, when you see that most young people own Tik Tok there should sometimes be censorship, and the problem is that you don't only see it, you sometimes see people hurt or do completely stupid or dangerous things that the younger ones might want to do and I don't find that normal.

tom renoulleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Tiktok is an application that allows you to share content just like instagram or YouTube except that here I find it's more interactive, you share videos on any theme in relation to a trend which allows you to generate views.
The more creative and applied you are, the more subscribers and views you get. It's a very good application to start a project, it's been growing for a few years and you have to take advantage of it if you want to share what you like.

Simon Martinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:14 pm

First of all, I would like to say that I have two cats at home, they are Persians (breed of cat). I prefer cats to dogs because I find it cuter, less messy and they are also more autonomous.
I like cats because they have a calming side and especially they do not take my head. Afterwards, I would like to have a dog to see what it does. The advantage is that there are many different breed of dogs so more choice.
Afterwards, the cats I have are very close to me, they sleep a lot and purr often. This is what is soothing.
However, the big problem with animals is when there is a problem, it is often panic at home because you attach yourself to your animals. So when everything’s going well it’s cool but as soonthat there is a problem is often very sad because it is as if it were one of the family.

Thomas Moreau

Back to top Go down

Post by alefev10 Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:16 am

Let’s go for the topic "Dog or cat"! Indeed I recently acquired a dog, an Australian shepherd caramel color! I called it "Holly". It reminds me of the holidays (holiday holidays.). This dog is really great and very cuddly. I love running with him!
I already had a dog and several cats (5).

alefev10

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jardin victoire Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:01 pm

Personally I prefer dogs, firstly because cats don't like me and secondly because they are useless. A dog is intelligent, it plays with you, it doesn't leave, it's cuddly, it doesn't scratch and it's a warmer animal I think. Cats never liked me, I don't know why, maybe because I always had a dog and so they smelled like their worst enemy. My first dog was called Dagobert, he was a chocolate labrador, he died at the age of 4 when we lived in Africa. He was poisoned... and now I have a Leonberg which is like a lion. She is a girl, her name is Milka and she is 5 years old. She's a girl, so she's a bit of a pain in the ass, as you heard in my talk...but I love her too much.
I think dogs are more loyal than cats, they are stronger and more playful. I think dogs are more loyal than cats, they're stronger and more playful, so a dog is good for something and a cat is good for decorating your flat.

Jardin victoire

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Clément Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:08 pm

Hello John,
It goes without saying that I choose TikTok since it is I who proposed this theme. I find that this application is a revolution Razz , it offers many mini-videos with dances, sayings, videos that make you laugh ... it's something that allows you to disconnect from life, we focus on different videos and it allows you to relax and take a break in the day. My problem is that I stay there too long because when I'm on it I lose track of time.

Hubert Clément

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gbillaud Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:11 pm

Hi John,
Tik Tok is an application that consists in making short videos. They can be of any kind: humorous, sports, comedian, it can also be dances ... It is now 2 years that this application has grown enormously. It is an application that has developed thanks to the confinement, since people had only that to do. However, I find that this application wastes a lot of time for things that do not teach us anything. Many people are addicted to it and I think it's bad because it doesn't represent the real reality.

gbillaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Flavien P Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:39 pm

TikTok is today one of the apps that has the most followers and those who -there are of all ages (even you can download the app). For me it’s the fusion between Vine and Musically two apps that have disappeared with time. We get caught filming ourselves doing anything, or dancing, or whatever, and we post it on tiktok in the hope of getting a lot of views and making money. However, this app can be dangerous because you can find and see everything and that fear harming the health of viewers. In the class there are 2 big tiktokers named Maël Joret and Delval Antoine so I suggest you download the app and follow them (@les2insupportables)

Flavien P

Back to top Go down

Post by Joret Maël Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:12 pm

hello john, today i'm going to talk about Tik Tok, (i'm very interesting by dogs and cats because i have 3 dogs and 2 cats but TikTok more inspiring me now) this social network is online since long time but at the beginning i don't like it and like a lot of peoples i said 'oh it's very bad and i never go in this" but with the time i start to see videos of this and i laugh about it or i was interesting so i download the app and i start to spend more and more time on. after a moment i decide to post videos in this app, not really succeful ! in one day with my friends Antoine Delval, we make one video and post her in my account, after 1 or 2 hoyr we check it in my phone and we see they are make 6k views and we decide to make and post videos regurally and at one time one video make a lot of views, today she is at 774k views and permite to have 10k followers in this app and we are payed for make videos (78cts euros it is the beginning....) our account is ( @les2insupportables if you are curious)

Joret Maël

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ecolde01 Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:39 pm

for me, Tik Tok is an interesting application, but it has very little protection and is accessible to all, even the youngest. It's a big problem because it can attract some ill-intentioned people. Except this issue, this application has a good potential. In fact there is a lot of instructive and funny content.

ecolde01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum