UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 Group 1 subject week 8

+11
GrégoryB
Marie.David
Julien LUCAS
Emma Brancourt
Amandine. G
Florian Kasprzak
marie fourgnaud
Lacombe Pauline
julie
MaéA
Admin
15 posters

Go down

S2 Group 1 subject week 8 Empty S2 Group 1 subject week 8

Post by Admin Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:41 pm

You had a choice. Make them interesting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 Group 1 subject week 8 Empty Re: S2 Group 1 subject week 8

Post by MaéA Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:00 pm

I don't know if this is a weird recipe, but I've never met anyone who knows this recipe. You take a dish to put in the oven. You put a little olive oil in the dish. Cut a chicken breast in half. Put a lot of fresh goat cheese in the chicken breast. Close the chicken breast. Wrap the chicken breast in Bayonne ham or chicken ham (for those who do not eat pork). Put the filled chicken breast in the dish. Drizzle the chicken breast with olive oil. Put some fresh goat cheese in the olive oil. Then put the dish in the oven for 35 minutes. You can eat it with pasta and drizzle the olive oil and cheese sauce over the pasta.
It's fatty but it's good!

I can't think of a weirder recipe than that ! Sorry !
And for those of you who are going to mix pineapple with pizza or other salty dishes... Yuck ! Be aware that this should be punished by law !

MaéA

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:15 am

I don't really have weird recipes to tell but however I can talk to you about weird food combinations that may seem disgusting at first but that are really good in reality. Here are some examples :

- A piece of bread with some stewed fruit (apple and pear ideally)
- A slice of "brioche" or sandwich bread with butter and cocoa powder like Nesquik on it (it is all my childhood)
- French fries with a little bit of ice cream (like a caramel sundae)
- Cheese like "comté"with jam (raspberry jam ideally)

I know that it doesn't look very appetising like that but you should try at least one of them because you could be very surprised. Also, you can't say that you don't like a food combination if you never tried it.

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:35 pm

If I won, the lottery? I think I would start by not telling anyone except the people who are really close to me. Then, I would put money into my sister's account so that she could start out in her young adult life more easily. Of course, this account would be blocked until she comes of legal age because otherwise, she'll dissipate all in less than a year. Also, I will probably give some money to my parents and grandparents, so they can all enjoy it. Then, I will buy a house by the seaside and a chalet in the mountains. It’s clear that I will change my car. I'll quit my job and probably stop studying (sorry mom and dad). I will take a ticket to a warm country as soon as the French temperature drops below 20 degrees. I will probably invest in real estate to have even more money. And I will open a cat bar with walls covered with books where children will be forbidden (I love cats and books, but I hate children). Finally, I will install a library worthy of the Mollat bookstore in my house, and I will buy books every day. I'll give all the people closest to me the thing they've always dreamed of (so Carla would probably have a dressing room full of Zadig and Voltaire and my boyfriend a car for every day of the week). Then, I think I will use the rest of my money and the rest of my life to help others, without being able to give a precise idea right now because, as you will have noticed, for now I’m a poor student. I think I will be involved in causes such as access to education and culture for young people or access to housing. Even if I think I can still sell tons of popcorn before I dare to imagine winning the lottery, you should know that I often win at scratch cards (admittedly never more than six euros but all the same!), so I don't lose hope.

Lacombe Pauline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Lacombe Pauline wrote:If I won, the lottery? I think I would start by not telling anyone except the people who are really close to me. Then, I would put money into my sister's account so that she could start out in her young adult life more easily. Of course, this account would be blocked until she comes of legal age because otherwise, she'll dissipate all in less than a year. Also, I will probably give some money to my parents and grandparents, so they can all enjoy it. Then, I will buy a house by the seaside and a chalet in the mountains. It’s clear that I will change my car. I'll quit my job and probably stop studying (sorry mom and dad). I will take a ticket to a warm country as soon as the French temperature drops below 20 degrees. I will probably invest in real estate to have even more money. And I will open a cat bar with walls covered with books where children will be forbidden (I love cats and books, but I hate children). Finally, I will install a library worthy of the Mollat bookstore in my house, and I will buy books every day. I'll give all the people closest to me the thing they've always dreamed of (so Carla would probably have a dressing room full of Zadig and Voltaire and my boyfriend a car for every day of the week). Then, I think I will use the rest of my money and the rest of my life to help others, without being able to give a precise idea right now because, as you will have noticed, for now I’m a poor student. I think I will be involved in causes such as access to education and culture for young people or access to housing. Even if I think I can still sell tons of popcorn before I dare to imagine winning the lottery, you should know that I often win at scratch cards (admittedly never more than six euros but all the same!), so I don't lose hope.

Pauline heart Carla
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Lacombe Pauline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marie fourgnaud Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:43 pm

I don't think I have a weird recipes but I think I eat ingredient that have nothing to do with each other. For example, I eat  bread with just about everything, and I can’t eat soup or compote without a piece of bread.  When I eat pasta I often mix grated Gruyère with ketchup or tomato sauce.
And for some people it's weird but for me it's delicious, I like the pinneaple on my pizza with ham. And in my childhood I ate bread with butter and cocoa powder underneath or even sugar (this is my maternal grandmother who taught me but this is not what I prefer).

marie fourgnaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:17 pm

My weird recipe was born when I was a young kid, I invented it and it became a "traditional recipe" for my parents and my sister too. I don't know why, but, when I was very young, I liked to put some lemon juice in my "parmentier" I think that it's the same word in english but google tell that it's "shepherd's pie" but it's not a pie... anyway, it's beef with mash potatoes you know... Anyway, I added lemon juice with any plate composed of beef and mash potatoes and my family always look at me like I was weird... Until they try too. One day, I came back to my house and I was surprised to see my mother, father and sister put some lemon juice in their plate, whereas I was grown up and I wasn't a kid anymore ! Today I even like eat this sometimes. It's kind hard to describe but it really works with classic shopped steak of beaf, some "Mousseline" and lemon juice in bottle and salt. The mix of texture is very interesting with the salt and the acidity of lemon and this low cost recipe can become a real guilty pleasure which can be eat without be hungry ! I dare you to try it ! It doesn't work with sausage/ mashed potatoes or chicken or rabbit, no it specifically works with chopped steak ! Maybe one day, I will try to put this recipe at a gastronomic level with house made mash potatoes, real chopped steak, real lemon and why not some aromatic herbs like basilic or persil and see if it works too...

Florian Kasprzak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:48 pm

I don't think if I have any weird or unusual dishes. I can only tell you about my lazy meal that it can seems to be a little weird  : ham and gruyere in the microwave. This "recipe" (if we can name it a recipe…) that I haven't made for several years is inherited from my cousin. We used to make it at our grandparents' house when we met at family dinners on Sunday evenings. It is very simple, you put a slice of ham on your plate, add the gruyere cheese, roll it and add some gruyere cheese on the top. Put it in the microwave for 40 seconds, until the gruyere melts and it's ready!

Another subject, if I win at the lottery, it all depends of the amount I won. But if it's a lot of money, I would propose some money for my family and friends. For example, I would give a trip to my parents. I think, I would enjoy myself by looking less prices when I want to buy something. Whether it's food, make-up, clothes or other. Furthermore, I guess that I would donate to charities and finally I would use a large part of the money for "secure" my future.

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:39 pm

If I win the lottery now, I probably won't change much, lol. I'll share the money with my family members so they won't lack for anything. Then I'll probably invest the money to save it and see what I do with it depending on what projects I might undertake. Maybe, after a while, I will want to buy a nice house by the sea or maybe I'll choose to move to another country.
Regarding a weird recipe, there's one I saw on social media. You have to put pesto and brie cheese on brioche and on top, you put blackberries and honey. I don't know if it's really "weird". I thought about this recipe because of the ingredients that are used, we don't think it match all together. But, really, if you had the chance to do this, try it because it's amazing. It's a greate balance of flavours.

Emma Brancourt

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:30 pm

I'm not sure but i think i have one weird recipe, i cooked it only 2 times. You have to cook pasta like you do all the time. In the same time you fry some leekand salt ham, when it's almost done, you can add your cooked pasta, and some reblochon. you let it 3 or 4 minutes to make the cheese fondant, and you can eat.
To be honest the taste is weird at the beginning but it's really fine. i did it only 2 times because salt ham and cheese are expensive (i have to buy them at the butcher and the cheese shop in the supermarket), it's long to prepare it and i don't really want to do it for me only.

For the another subject, i really think if i win the lottery i will do the same thing than today. First i finish my study, and after i don't work, i stay at home for doing nothing, i see some friends... I'm not a big spender, if i don't need something i think it's useless to buy it, my coat for exemple, i wanted to buy it around december, but i didn't had enough motivation to do it. And in january weather was fine so i didn't buy it at all. If i win lottery, i will die before i spend everything.

Julien LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:07 pm

What would I do if I won the lottery?
There are so many possibilities...
Today, at this very moment, I would like to donate a large part to cancer research...
And if there's any money left over, I'll use it to travel the world.
Finally, I will buy a house with a view of the sea in Brittany, so that I can live there after my studies. To be able to enjoy the sea every day.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:35 am

I don't really have a weird recipe apart from putting peanut butter on a speculos, which I thought was very good but that was during high school. So I'll take the subject of the lottery.
If I won the lottery a large sum, I would keep a small percentage, about 5% for myself and 5% that I would distribute to people I liked and then reinvest the other 90% in real estate, the stock market or even cryptocurrencies in order to have a large annuity, to keep a comfortable lifestyle for the rest of my life.

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:24 pm

Weird recipe ?? hmmmmm I don't know but when I was younger I used to eat bread with banana inside, bread with mayo and tomatoes or cucumber but i don't think it's weird haha ! I remember one of my friend ate yogurt with cooked rice mix together No Recently I talk with some friends and one of them told me that peach with tuna and mayo is really good, it's not the first time I heard that this miw is good so maybe I will try one day !
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lecat Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:28 am

if i won the lottery, i think that i give to charity because there are people in need. Then, i buy a big house and a big car and for the rest, i make my family happy and i make investments.

Nicolas Lecat

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:30 am

if I win the lottery, I will probably post most of my money in investment, I will also give some to my family, but still mostly in investment, I will obviously keep some for me, but not much, I don't spend much money usually.
For recipe, I do one a bit unusual, it's protein mug cake, I put 30g of whey (protein powder) 1 egg, bit a sugar, and a scoop of chocolate spread protein, you put that on the microwaves and you're done, it's a bit dry, but it does the work
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:55 am

If I won the lottery, I already had a little idea on this question since I had this discussion with one of my brothers.
Depending on how much money I get, I would buy a flat or a house for each of my brothers so that they could have a source of income, just in case, but not so much that they would not work for the rest of their lives.
I want this gift to help them, but at the same time make them responsible.
I would give money to my parents so that they can finish all the work they have done on their house.
I would give money, at least a third of what I receive, to charities such as "Les restos du coeur", "WWF" and "Unicef".

For myself, I would buy a house in Italy and go on holiday as much as possible to visit the world.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down