UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 Discussion

+4
julia durand
Paul Astie
Kcuedari
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Week 5 Discussion

Post by Admin Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:32 am

Fashion

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Re: Week 5 Discussion

Post by Kcuedari Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:11 pm

Fashion is a way of lifestyle, it is an outlook on life.

How does fashion affect us? There are two different  point of views . There are people who are supporters of fashion and they justify their attitude by saying that people, who practice it are confident and bold. Fashion embraces the ability to express openly and actively through clothing choices. Just like artists express through their art, their inner feelings, fashion also serves as an outlet of creative passion….Another reason added to the list of advantages of fashion by these people is that for them fashion can also be an instrument for breaking stereotypes.Fashion helps in ushering concepts such as cross-dressing and inter-mixing of female-male fashion styles.

The other point of view is that of people who are against fashion. I also participate in this circle. I agree with the fact that people should take care of themselves when they go out (brush their teeth, comb their hair, wear clean clothes,  do make-up why not....) In my opinion, fashion shouldn’t be a lifestyle but diversity and above all creativity. In my opinion, nowdays, fashion is a massive concept of mass-following, cuz people like to indulge in such activities which 'are trending'. For example, a person purchasing the latest model of a phone, only because it is currently popular and everyone loves having it…I think that fashion has lost her true meaning and often participates in manipulating one's perception of beauty . Nowdays , many young people consider  their self-esteem to be diminishing if they are unable to keep up with modern fashion trends. They end up measuring their self-worth based on their beauty and dressing sense. Fashion also helps in raising unrealistic beauty standards for ordinary people. This throws a very tainted concept of beauty upon the general audience.

Kcuedari

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:29 pm

Kcuedari wrote:Fashion is a way of lifestyle, it is an outlook on life.

How does fashion affect us? There are two different  point of views . There are people who are supporters of fashion and they justify their attitude by saying that people, who practice it are confident and bold. Fashion embraces the ability to express openly and actively through clothing choices. Just like artists express through their art, their inner feelings, fashion also serves as an outlet of creative passion….Another reason added to the list of advantages of fashion by these people is that for them fashion can also be an instrument for breaking stereotypes.Fashion helps in ushering concepts such as cross-dressing and inter-mixing of female-male fashion styles.

The other point of view is that of people who are against fashion. I also participate in this circle. I agree with the fact that people should take care of themselves when they go out (brush their teeth, comb their hair, wear clean clothes,  do make-up why not....) In my opinion, fashion shouldn’t be a lifestyle but diversity and above all creativity. In my opinion, nowdays, fashion is a massive concept of mass-following, cuz people like to indulge in such activities which 'are trending'. For example, a person purchasing the latest model of a phone, only because it is currently popular and everyone loves having it…I think that fashion has lost her true meaning and often participates in manipulating one's perception of beauty . Nowdays , many young people consider  their self-esteem to be diminishing if they are unable to keep up with modern fashion trends. They end up measuring their self-worth based on their beauty and dressing sense. Fashion also helps in raising unrealistic beauty standards for ordinary people. This throws a very tainted concept of beauty upon the general audience.

That was a good read.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty THe power of sock

Post by Paul Astie Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:07 pm

Today I will talk about a clothe who became a political force. The socks, you will ask why socks are socks, but not for everyone. One perfect example is the prime minister of Canada. In multiple time he uses the sock for pass a massage like in 2017 during the gay pride of Toronto with a rainbow socks and on it a sentence telling in Arab and English a good end of Ramadan. He use them even in an international rencontre like with the NATO where he wore one blue sock with the logo of the alliance and a pink one with the same logo. All is marketing because, like we know a picture is worth millions of worlds. But why socks have this power now because in politics the man doesn't have a lot place for expressing themselves. They all have a tie and suit not so much to make the difference with accessory either and here arrive the sock. They are discreet but a part of the cloth everyone can see them,but not everyone will understand so there are perfect for pass a message . Next time you will see politic look at this sock because socks are power.

Paul Astie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:40 pm

Paul Astie wrote:Today I will talk about a clothe who became a political force. The socks, you will ask why socks are socks, but not for everyone. One perfect example is the prime minister of Canada. In multiple time he uses the sock for pass a massage like in 2017 during the gay pride of Toronto with a rainbow socks and on it a sentence telling in Arab and English a good end of Ramadan. He use them even in an international rencontre like with the NATO where he wore one blue sock with the logo of the alliance and a pink one with the same logo.  All is marketing because, like we know a picture is worth millions of worlds. But why socks have this power now because in politics the man doesn't have a lot place for expressing themselves. They all have a tie and suit not so much to make the difference with accessory either and here arrive the sock. They are discreet but a part of the cloth everyone can see them,but not everyone will understand so there are perfect for pass a message . Next time you will see politic look at this sock because socks are power.

Dobby knows the power of a sock.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Paul Astie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty My dream jacket

Post by julia durand Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:36 pm

Hi, for the subject of fashion I wasn’t really inspired even tho I love that. I love clothes and the way its permit us to express our personality. I would like to talk about a jacket that I really really want for this winted. Its seems to be so confortable and warm… But the problem is that I cannot find it because It’s sold out everywhere or to much expensive. I struggle to find the perfect jacket because I think when I have an idea of the clothe that I imagine, I want the exact same. To describe you my dream coat of this winter it’s a brown bomber with white fur inside and on the collar. The particularity of this jacket is that it doesn’t have sleeves. So this is the description of the perfect jacket that I want so much… If you find one similar don’t hesitate to tell me I’ll be so grateful. Smile

julia durand

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty The consequences of fashion

Post by Elise Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:48 pm

I think it can be a very interesting topic because it raises certain issues. Lately, fashion has been attracting crowds with fashion week and I think the scale of the event is really impressive. I think people like it so much because it's a way for them to express themselves and to identify with a category of people, with values. It's a free expression to show the world your personality and your creativity. However, I think that the fantastic sides of this universe are spoiled by the crowd movement and create many negative consequences. It teaches social codes and deepens certain inequalities. Indeed, in a sense, it brings groups of people together but anyone who doesn't follow the movement will be left out. Fashion has become a criterion of judgement. If a person is not dressed according to the codes of the moment, his or her value in the eyes of others will decrease.

On the other hand, companies take great advantage of these new social codes and this attraction to inflate prices. It is becoming difficult to find affordable clothes and especially good quality clothes. Eco-responsible fashion brands with good values and good design are being snapped up by the big fast fashion brands, which are stealing their designs. The problem with these big brands is that many of them are greenwashing, the design of their products is not responsible, the working conditions are not correct and toxic substances have even been found in their clothes, like lead residues for example. Small brands don't last very long, it is very difficult to make a name for yourself against these industries. Fortunately, these bad aspects are increasingly being highlighted by journalists and some are starting to turn to more responsible brands. Fashion influences and inspires the majority of people, that's what I think we should remember.

Elise D

Elise

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion Empty Amazigh fashion

Post by selma Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I didn’t have a lot of inspiration for this topic so I’ve decided to talk about the traditional Amazigh outfits (Berber people from North Africa).
It is an ancestral fashion that has not changed since its creation (thousands of years before JC). Of course, there are a lot of different Amazigh tribes, therefore, each one has its own specificities: in terms of colours, tattoos on the face, jewellery, the clothes shape but many things are very similar.
I love the fact that there is such great diversity, always colourful and unique.
And actually, the fashion world is currently inspired by these clothes, for example, Vogue magazine has taken several Amazigh women for its first covers
I think it is really a good thing that this culture enters the world of fashion to put it forward and make it known worldwide.

Week 5 Discussion E9a27e26d79e90ea99dc4669a49d0622

selma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:05 pm

selma wrote:Hello everyone,

I didn’t have a lot of inspiration for this topic so I’ve decided to talk about the traditional Amazigh outfits (Berber people from North Africa).
It is an ancestral fashion that has not changed since its creation (thousands of years before JC). Of course, there are a lot of different Amazigh tribes, therefore, each one has its own specificities: in terms of colours, tattoos on the face, jewellery, the clothes shape but many things are very similar.
I love the fact that there is such great diversity, always colourful and unique.
And actually, the fashion world is currently inspired by these clothes, for example, Vogue magazine has taken several Amazigh women for its first covers
I think it is really a good thing that this culture enters the world of fashion to put it forward and make it known worldwide.

Week 5 Discussion E9a27e26d79e90ea99dc4669a49d0622

Before me? Did anything exist before me?
Admin
Admin
Admin

selma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cgadouas Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:54 am

Fashion is a wild concept. A topic often judged because of the many stereotypes associated with it.
But I think fashion is about empowerment. A simple piece of clothing can make you feel better about yourself or even more confident about yourself. You don’t even have to have much money to be able to be fashionable. I personally love to thrift, to search for « the » pieces, the majority of my wardrobe comes from thrift-stores. The sad thing is: Thrift stores are now taken by a wealthy population that appropriates the popular codes.
It may be (is) less accessible for the working classes than for people of a slightly more affluent class. I have seen the prices go up over the years and the increase is clearly visible: The gentrification of the thrift stores is a scourge and poses many societal and environmental questions.

cgadouas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Océane Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:27 pm

My approach to the fashion and especially to the fast fashion moves a lot these last few years. On the one hand, I understand that people who do not have that much money should be able to access to clothes related to their purchasing power but on the other hand, it is that issue I want to put on the limelight because I found very unfair that each human being can not afford him a quality cloth, and make with respect to Earth resources and of working power. As a involve citizen, I have yet made the choice to buy less clothes and to by-pass as much as possible the fast fashion option. I do prefer instead to buy few quality clothes and accessories I can keep for a few years, that I would pay more expensive, because I'm aware of what is going on with fast fashion. As we can read in the recent paper about SHEIN published in the famous newspaper BBC news, revealing truth about the clothes corporation methods, working conditions are hard, extremely demanding for employees, disrespectful of human rights. I mean it is a disaster, not only for humans, but also for planet and resources exploitation.
To conclude, I would underlined my to main ideas, which are : I'm involved and eiger in investing on more respectful (and expensive) clothes for long term, but I think that we have to find solutions and government must implement laws in order to fix the issues of fast fashion drifts because it's the only way to to regulate this industry. There is still a lot to do even if some progresses are made.

Océane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down