UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Week Review Thread.

+7
Florence M.
Marvin_Menou
Emma Failly
Lea METIFET
MarineFoucat
Anastasia Garros
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Final Week Review Thread. Empty Final Week Review Thread.

Post by Admin Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 am

So you've reached the end of your English course for the first year - well nearly Razz , So I'd like a constructive critical review of this year's English course. I promise you that negative comments will not affect your mark at all, I improve my classes by hearing what works and what doesn't work from the students themselves, I want to know what I can add, remove or modify to improve your Learning and your Learning experience (well, next year's M1 anyway). Just to remind you of some of the things you've done this year - authentic video comprehension, presentations, discussions, grammar, pronunciation, news articles, Toeic listenings, role play, Tv Series work, how to video creation, listening to poor jokes and of course this online forum work (which is the first year so I'd like feedback on it please with easy alternative ideas for online interactive communication). For those things you didn't like or didn't think helpful Embarassed try to explain why so that I don't make the same mistakes next year. And any ideas you have that I can add will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for a serious thought out response.

And thanks for being such a pleasure to work with this year. My best wishes for your internships, the summer, M2 and the rest of your lives. You have my email address if I can ever be of any help.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Final Week Review Thread. Empty Re: Final Week Review Thread.

Post by Anastasia Garros Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:20 am

I really enjoyed your English course because you are full of go and you quickly manage to make us feel comfortable. Moreover, it’s a pleasure to listen to your jokes (most of my English teachers were quite boring).

I enjoyed making presentations, especially the first one on an international brand, it allowed us to make a more “professional” work and learn/revise a specific vocab.

Watching TV series was also cool, it obliged us to find some time to practice English.

As for the forum, I think it’s a good idea, but it would be nicer for students to write just one post every two weeks, we have too much work and we don’t have enough time to write something “correct”. Moreover, it would be great to have a small recap on the mistakes we could have made; with some grammar explanations.

Eventually, it could be a good idea to give us some vocabulary worksheets.

Hope you’ll have a nice class next year,

Have a nice weekend  Smile  

Anastasia Garros

Back to top Go down

Post by MarineFoucat Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Excellent initiative to enable us to express (I wish others teachers would follow the example… scratch )

I have the feeling that semester one’s courses were better than semester two ones. Maybe because of the volume of interesting work during semester one...  Laughing

As Anastasia said, the forum work is a good idea but maybe it would be better to plan one subject every two weeks. Thus students could offer you a better quality work. Moreover, it would be nice if students themselves propose the subjects they want to discuss…

Concerning the TOEIC it would be more effective if we talk together at the end of the session about mistakes done during the test. More, it would be great if you give us some grammatical tips to avoid English faults.

But I really appreciated the presentations ideas (the brand and the innovation) and the TV series work (that woke up in me a passion for the show I chose).

Finally I really enjoyed your “how to do” idea, it’s a funny way to express our creativity!  jocolor

Thank you for this year John, you’re a really good teacher who provides his passion for teaching through your joy of life and your legendary British sense of humour! Very Happy

I think we are all unanimous to say that we’ll miss you in M2… Sad

MarineFoucat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lea METIFET Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:31 am

The English course was absolutely great all this year!

I think that this is a good point to let us speak and focus on the oral expression, because this is the main problem of French students.  

The oral comprehension is also good because we practice in different forms: I mean by video comprehension and also by listening you speaking about a lot of subjects (trips, family, etc...)! Presentations were funny, especially innovation, because we could invent unbelievable objects and it was good to create a commercial plan on that.

The idea of TV series work was also good, in general we don’t have a lot of time to watch series because of homework and other things, and with this English work we could relax and at the same time practice listening comprehension.  

The “how to” video was also a funny work.  To finish, the forum was a good idea because we could talk about interesting subjects and see ideas of other people, but as said Marine it would be great to work on it every two weeks instead of every week.

With you, we can’t say that this is a course, because it’s a pleasure to come and you always make entertaining courses. Please don’t tell that to Mr Bui Quoc ( Smile ) but you’re one of the best teacher of English that I ever had, and I don’t tell that to have extra point! Wink. Seriously, I would like to thank you for this year; you’re a great and funny teacher!

Lea METIFET

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Failly Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:32 pm

When I saw you the first day class, I make stressed because I haven't got a good level in English and last year all of my class was good in English so they know how to tell you that you are so bad !!!
But the first hour with you was so funny !! You make me feel comfortable, you are so pleasant to listen. For that I would like to say thank you so much, I think a have make a lot of progress because of you.

Then, about your class, I really liked all of the activities because we learn to have a better comprehension, our speack language with our oral in front of you and all the class and the forum allow me to have a better writting (I join the point of you of Anastasia, This is better to writte about subject on the forum one time every too weeks).

I think that you can have an appointment with all students, after one semester for example, and give them their mistakes or what they have to word to be better. I mean a sort of summary of how they can speack better in English or other things.

To finish, don't change and continue to give us your good mood! Honestly, If I don't make the master next year, I will mis you.
I love you

Emma Failly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin_Menou Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Overall this course was tremendous.

You're a different teacher, that's why we like you. Your way of teaching is always full of energy, in the past I had some very boring English courses....

The idea of the forum is great, it enables us to work our grammar, at least we do efforts. But the thing is that most of the time it is seen as non-exciting task because it takes time and the topic is not always the one we would like to talk about.
I'm afraid that the TOEIC preparation was a loss of time for some, maybe it would be better to make it only for those interested in passing the exam...

The "how to do" video was a pretty good project because we were free to chose our topic.

As for me, I really enjoyed listening English from a native speaker as it reminded the time I had in England.
It was a pleasure meeting you Wink

Marvin_Menou

Back to top Go down

Post by Florence M. Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Honestly, you have been the funniest English teacher in my whole school years (even if sometimes you're pretty scathing, but I guess it's purely British  Wink ) !

Courses were great, especially the first semester.

However, I have to admit second semester was pretty boring with the TOEIC thing. Well, I know it's useful but there was less diversity than the first semester, such a pity !

As your way of evaluate students, that's original and every time it's a good idea (watching series: how lucky we were !, how to do video, etc..).

Thank you for this year and it was a real pleasure having a native speaker.

Florence M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Rose Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:31 pm

It was a very good year. Your courses were fun and I admit that never get bored.
They were a good atmosphere in the classroom and you'd never let someone alone.

And yeah ! It was so funny to work on series and how to do ! This changes to other teachers.

It was good to be able to train for the TOEIC (especially for someone like me and my perfect english haha)

But yes, the forum work is a good idea but, as Marine, i think it would be better to plan one subject every two weeks. One subject per week it's too much.

So, thank you John.

Mathieu Rose

Back to top Go down

Final Week Review Thread. Empty Just to say "thank you" John :)

Post by Flora Clement Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:49 pm

For myself, and honestly this was a long time since I had not had a teacher as funny, but mostly that knows how to love and learn English.

The courses have gone very quickly, and the multifaceted activities prevented us from getting bored! I especially liked the part about the presentations of the series (Walking Dead is the best series in the world !), and about our inventions. It was entertaining and rewarding (in terms of vocabulary). A little boring… but extremely important ... it’s the TOEIC courses (although I spent fifty times, Isn’t it John? Twisted Evil ), Grammar, and conjugation. If I may, I think the comments posted on the forum were appreciated and really it was a good way to teach us English and to speak on various topics. However, a coment once every two weeks have been more appropriate because we have a lot of work pale .

I think actually I have increased my level this year, it was a real pleasure. We will miss you I think, and one thing is certain, I will not forget your advice or your French accent! (Ahaha, it’s too funny). Thank you for this year spend with you John and especially keep fishing and continue to make us dream with your current developments in the joy and good humor even if it's not always the case for everyone! We will have the opportunity to meet again next year I think ( hide your joy ahaha ) ! Very Happy cheers

Flora Clement

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecile ZURETTI Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:11 am

I really liked your classes, I think that it’s really important to practice oral English and with you we’ve done it all the time! It was interesting to make presentations, and the topics were really different so we had the possibility to use our imagination a lot of times.
Of course, I loved the first semester presentation. I think that watching TV series is the best way to learn a language by ourselves, and even if I was already watching a lot of it, it was nice to see that a teacher had the same opinion… It was a pleasure to do my homework by watching series! Moreover, I’ve discovered new series thanks to my classmates, and it was really pleasant.

Watching videos in class was useful too, because I discovered vocabulary than we can use in marketing.

About the TOEIC, I think it’s a good thing that we made a practice, but maybe it would be useful to give us some grammatical classes, or at least to look which mistakes we made and to explain why it’s wasn’t correct.

To finish, the forum is a good idea, but a topic each week is too much, because we have a lot of work and sometimes we forget to go and watch if you posted something. Maybe you could post a topic every two weeks, and/or create all the topics at the beginning of the semester and give us a deadline, so we could answer whenever we want/have the time.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to have a teacher like you this year! Thank you cheers

Cecile ZURETTI

Back to top Go down

Final Week Review Thread. Empty Thank you John!

Post by Lydie Gentric Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:30 am

Well, I've never had a teacher like you (don't blush!) All was so boring... So yes, I think that you're definitely not like other teachers. Maybe a bit mad sometimes, but that's fine, it's your little " je ne sais quoi" Very Happy

I liked the to do video and a mark for watching a series, seriously?!... Smile I also liked to do the Toeic test, which is really interesting to know our level.

However as others, I think that to write about a topic every week was quite too much. It's not that tricky to write about something but the thing is: we just don't have enough time ! So twice a week is better yes.
And maybe it would be good to have a feedback from you about our english, and what you think we have to work (one by one)

To finish, a really good thing about you is that you are english and it makes all the difference! Hear a perfect english, what's best for us?

Thank you to be the funniest teacher I've ever had Wink

Lydie Gentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadoret solene Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:04 pm

In my opinion, your courses was a pleasure !!

I really liked to make a presentaion on an international brand (first semester). Conserning the TOEIC, it was boring but it's good to do one and it's was fun to make a video (i've never done one before).

I love your way of teaching, speaking and joking it makes the lesson funnier than it be.

However, the forum was the most boring thing to do. Maybe if it was not every week it will be fine ... or not.

And concerning your email adresse and the help that you want to give to us, it's possible that i send you some English homework to do next year. Thank you for your offer ! Very Happy

See you in few minutes !

Your jokes will miss me Crying or Very sad

Cadoret solene

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Cadoret solene wrote:

And concerning your email adresse and the help that you want to give to us, it's possible that i send you some English homework to do next year. Thank you for your offer ! Very Happy

Sure you can. But maybe I'll do it so badly that you'll have to re-double! Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down