UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serie : Gotham

2 posters

Go down

Serie : Gotham Empty Serie : Gotham

Post by Sterling Archer Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi!

The series that I’m going to talk about is Gotham. I’m a big fan of comics, so I watch Gotham. You all know this city, where Batman fight crime and corruption. But in this show, Batman « isn’t here ». We have Bruce Wayne when he is approximately 13 years old.

The first episode and season, a new recruit named James Gordon join the GCPD (Gotham City Police Department). He team-up with Harvey Bullock to solve cases. The first case is the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Obviously. James meets Bruce during his investigation, who is now in the care of his butler Alfred Pennyworth. Then, Gordon becomes involved with Mafia families (Falcone and Maroni). During this season, you can see the rise of The Penguin.

This series has a huge potential thanks to the DC Universe. For those who know this world, this series present Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, Hugo Strange, The Penguin and other villain. The Joker even appeared in Gotham, but he has a name in the series, whereas in the comics we don’t know his name.
Gotham is interesting because the scenarists dig the characters. The costumes and sets are appealing. There is always action, romance and a tonne of villains! I don’t think that I was ever bored in front of an episode!

Series who comes from the DC Universe are present on US channel, especially on The CW who diffused The Arrow, The Flash and now Supergirl. But those series are more « fun » than Gotham who is as dark as Batman. Gotham is represented as a sinister/dark city, scenarists remained faithful to the comics representation. It’s a fact that I love Gotham. Obviously, we’ve Arkham in season 2. There are other DC series like Lucifer, Legends Of Tomorrow, Preacher or Constantine. If you want some details, I can inform you about Gotham or other DC Universe series.

And, yesterday, I saw the latest episode (season 3, episode 2) who was awesome!
Hope you'll want to watch Gotham!
Kiss!

Sterling Archer
Sterling Archer

Back to top Go down

Serie : Gotham Empty Re: Serie : Gotham

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:47 pm

I watched the first episode of the first series a while ago. I keep meaning to go back and watch more but haven't got around to it yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down