UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd discussion topic - Cultural differences

+21
Camille Ayrault
Lauriane BELLOY
BERTHO Manon
Leo Bruand
Luis Ferreira
LAURINE BRUN
Mathilde David
Barbier Victor
DELAITE Carine
Laura Croegaert
Celia Butel
boyadzhieva.yoana
Fanny CLAVAUD
Pauline Avril
Maimouna Barry
Lucas De Conti
Aleksandra Blaszczak
Maxime Calogine
ANIL Yeliz
Viktor Beekman
Admin
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2nd discussion topic - Cultural differences - Page 2 Empty Re: 2nd discussion topic - Cultural differences

Post by Léa Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:56 am

Hello everybody

As I didn’t often leave France, I will only talk about what I think differences cultural.

The cultural differences seem to me to be an asset to the country because they only make them with different social codes. They are many differences between peoples, everybody is different. But difference is mainly see between countries. Often, people who like to travel quite far from their country to feel like a stranger and to discover a new culture, to enjoy cook (as the chineese cook for example), another way of life ...
These cultural differences allow to discover the world in a different vision.

But sometimes, these differences can also be a disadvantage because some people don’t accept the differences other cultures.

Léa

Back to top Go down

2nd discussion topic - Cultural differences - Page 2 Empty Re: 2nd discussion topic - Cultural differences

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:26 am

Lauriane BELLOY wrote:Hello everybody !

I think that cultural differences within a country is a very important asset to live together.
Cultural differences can be placed at different spatial scales, these differences can be international but also regional. At international level we have different cultures because we don't have the same lifestyle, not the same approach of the life, a different language and different habits but there are also regional differences that can be as language differences and different customs between two regions of a country. Politics has often tried to overlook these differences to try to create a united people as with "l'ordonnance de Villers-Cotterêts" in 1539 when the French became the national language. There are also cultural differences from family to another as Pierre Bourdieu with different "cultural capital" from one person to another, which can lead to inequalites especially in school. The policy role should be to ensure that it didn't the inequality between people of different culture. Culture differences in a country is a force, trying to unify the people of a country by trying to impose on culture is not effective because it would not make that to oppose more and more people to each other.

So why don't "educated" politicians understand this?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:28 am

Camille Ayrault wrote:Hi !
I talk about my experience with the people of Birmingham. People didn't stress. When the bus is lat, for exemple, nobody shouts. In France, when the train is late, everybody excited. In London, to come back to Birmingham, the bus was one hour to lare, but everybody say "ok, we return to sit".
Birmingham is a cosmopolitan city. I think the people of Birmingham is less racist. African, Indian, English, everybody leave together. I thing, the seen on the muslim, for example, is not the same that is France. In United Kingdom, church build front of the mosque. I link this !

It is wonderfully multi-cultural. In fact you have to forget about colour and religion in order to live there. I learned to teach in Birmingham.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Chalet Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:14 am

[quote="Leo Bruand"][quote="Luis Ferreira"]

Hi everyone,  

Hi John, I’m here this week !  Smile
I agree with Leo and Luis, the multicultural must be used like a strength and we haven’t to be fear about it. But Leo, as you can see with the problem with immigrates in Calais, lot of French just sees an “invasion” of our country, peoples who came to takes our job or just social help. These French have to remember that we earn more if we accept the others cultures than if we do not. You quote the music and food but you can also look in the past: the “Joconde” was paint by an Italian, and Guernica by a Spanish… The mix of cultures brings us incredible things, we can’t ignore it.
Axel Chalet
Axel Chalet

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Chartier Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:56 am

Hi everybody!!

Concerning this topic, I think that in France, we are lucky to have a great mix of nationalities! Nowadays, several politicians try to divide us, and try to make us believe that strangers are a threat. I don’t agree. I just think that we have a lot of things to learn from differences.

Because I was in an international highschool, I had the opportunity to meet a lot of foreigners (from Slovakia, China, Portugal, Denmark, Ethiopia…). Now again, at the University, I have some international friends (from Holland, Italia, Germany, Slovakia…). All these meetings allowed me to open up to the world and to learn about new cultures. Even if sometimes, there is some differences between our behaviours and habits, there is often a way to exchange.

See you !

Julie Chartier

Julie Chartier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2