UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 - English/US TV series

+16
Dewailly Quentin
Ohyde
Dematte John
brice latour
Victor lemontreer
Claire Dessales
alexandrevriet
robinminel
Hauet Valentin
Victor Alter
LAPOUDGE Victorine
Gauthier Collion
Laura Compe
Bourdon Antoine
Alix BESTEL-RUIZ
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Week 5 - English/US TV series Empty Week 5 - English/US TV series

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:04 pm

You know what to do, Do you think that US/ENGLISH TV Series are a danger to France's culture and identity?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - English/US TV series Empty american series

Post by Alix BESTEL-RUIZ Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Today I want to talk about one of my favorite series called Orange Is The New Black created by Jenji Kohan. It’s an american series about the story of different women who are in jail, the goal is to survie at misfortune.
The actresses are so different like the personality or the physique, so it’s why it’s so funny.
The series inclure 4 saisons, so I wait the fifth on the next summer!

Alix BESTEL-RUIZ

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - English/US TV series Empty Re: Week 5 - English/US TV series

Post by Bourdon Antoine Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:02 pm

I have chosen to speak of a series called "The Big Bang Theory."

Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper live in rent in Pasadena, City of Greater Los Angeles. They are both gifted physicists, "geeks" to boot. This is also around this that is focused most comical part of the series. They share almost all their free time with their two friends Howard Wolowitz and Rajesh Koothrappali to play video games like Halo, organize a marathon of the Star Wars saga, play games or roles as Klingon Boggle, Dungeons and dragons or discuss complex scientific theories.

Their universe routine is disrupted when a pretty young woman, Penny, moved into the apartment opposite. Leonard immediately has designs on it and will do everything to seduce and integrate the group and its universe, which it knows nothing.
Bourdon Antoine
Bourdon Antoine

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - English/US TV series Empty TV Series

Post by Laura Compe Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:12 pm

My favorite TV series is Orange is the new black. It’s an American comedy-drama web TV serie created by Jenji Kohan inspired by Orange is the New Black : My Year in a Women’s Prison a book wrote by Piper Kerman’s. The TV series talk about Piper Chapman a woman in her 30s living in NY who is sentenced to 18 months in Litchfield penitentiary for an old story of drugs. The offense had occurred 10 years prior to the start of the series and in that time Piper had moved to a quiet, law-abiding life among New York’s upper middle class. All the TV series relate her story on jail. I love this TV series because he was realistic and it’s possible identify at a character.

Laura Compe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gauthier Collion Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:49 pm

My favorite series is Arrow . This is a fantastic series and she talk about the DC Comics.
After a violent shipwreck, the young billionaire playboy Oliver Queen, missing and presumed dead for five years, is discovered alive on a remote island in the South China Sea. When he returns home to Starling City family and friends feel that he has changed.
While Oliver hides the truth about the man he has become, he desperately seeks to honor his father with a list of names of individuals who have betrayed their city, he seeks to become emprisonner.Il then a vigilante who will right the wrongs of his family, fight against society's crimes.
Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and failing to hide his secret identity. Since the island, so it became archer, he handles the bow better than anyone and the story will be based on his adventures and struggles.

Gauthier Collion

Back to top Go down

Post by LAPOUDGE Victorine Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:04 pm

I choose to talk about the Vampire Diaries wich is a US series. The type of this series is teen drama, horror and fantastic. This is a story around a teenager girl who is in love to a teenager boy, but this boy is a vampire. So there is a whole history that is created with many adventures because other characters enter the scene progressively in the episodes. This series is very famous nearby teenagers. Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalde are three principal characters from start. All episodes are around them.

LAPOUDGE Victorine

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Alter Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:19 pm

This week, I'm going to talk about the series "Gotham". This series tells the story of the before of Batman, the assassination of Bruce Wayne's parents, the rise of Jim Gordon in the Gotham police and all the heroes of the saga as The Penguin or the Joker start up gradually. Included in this series of the detective, fiction which gives a special atmosphere and for me very pleasant to watch. This one can denounce a corrupt society where the richest people in the major decisions of our society.

Victor Alter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hauet Valentin Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Yes i think US and English tv series are a danger to French culture because a lot of people watch these series that are often violent, also in some we can see American culture where there is a lot of fastfoods. On the other hand these series can destract us because they are stories that follow and are often inspired more or less by real life.

Hauet Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by robinminel Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:37 pm

I'm going to talk about the series True Blood , it's a fantastic series who talk about vampires and other specials creatures like metmorph , or werewolf , but is not a series for children because she mix blood , sex and violence a little . It's one of my favorite series and have 7 seasons , and now she is terminated .
robinminel
robinminel

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandrevriet Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:22 pm

Today i'm going to talk about the american serie, who name is The Walking Dead.
This is a serie of american horror. In this serie, there are a deadly epidemic who contaminates a lot of people in zombie. The sheriff of the city in Georgie, who name Rick Grimes and other people, woman, man and child fight to survive in this world zombie infested.
There are 6 season of this serie and an other season released in one week.

alexandrevriet

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - English/US TV series Empty American series

Post by Claire Dessales Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Today, I want to talk about the serie «Game of Thrones» beacause I watched this american serie in my summer's nights. There are 6 seasons created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. It's an adaptation of «A song of Ice and Fire» which is novel written by George Martin in 1996. It is the history of a noble family in a civil war to conquer the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms Kingdom. My favorite character is Arya Stark beacause it's a little girl who is fighting as a man, this girl is fearless and is very strong.

Claire Dessales

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor lemontreer Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:24 pm

I'm gona talk about the serie " dexter ". It's a long, and verry good serie with 9 seasons. I like the
scenario of this serie because it's little bit like a serial but it's always a new story !
I recommend this series because it is funny sometimes and we atache to the main character even if it's a serial killer

Victor lemontreer

Back to top Go down

Post by brice latour Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Viking is an Irish-Canadian television series created by Michael Hirst, broadcast live from March 3, 2013 on the History channel History in Canada and the United States.

The series follows the exploits of a group of Vikings led by Ragnar Lothbrok, one of the most popular Viking heroes of all time in the semi-legendary destiny. Ragnar is of Danish origin, Swedish or Norwegian according to sources. He is supposed to have united the clans in a Viking kingdom border undetermined in the late eighth century (the king Echbert mentions having lived in the court of King Charlemagne, crowned emperor in the year 800). But he is best known for being the sponsor of the earliest Viking raids in Christian lands, Saxon, Celtic or Frankish.

brice latour

Back to top Go down

Post by Dematte John Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:27 pm

The American series Shameless (literally shamelessly), which is an adaptation of the British series of the same name, features a totally crazy family. that is a series really very funny, it reminds me of a French Malcom series.

Dematte John

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - English/US TV series Empty US/english series

Post by Ohyde Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:55 pm

today I'm going to talk about my favorite series called ''breaking bad''. The series is focused on Walter "Walt" White, a chemistry professor at-qualified and father, who had heard that he was diagnosed with lung cancer in terminal phase, dark in crime to ensure the financial future of his family. For this he started manufacturing and selling methamphetamine with the help of one of his old students, Jesse Pinkman. The story takes place in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Very Happy
Ohyde
Ohyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Dewailly Quentin Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:08 pm

One of the best series, for me, is Dexter. It's a series who speak about a killer who working in the criminal police. I like this series because it's an anti hero like Walter White in Breaking Bad. For me, the English series cannot be a danger for the french culture like all of the subject, fast-food etc... It's the same idea conversely with the french culture imported to the USA.

Dewailly Quentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boisumault Thibaud Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:23 pm

Today, I will speak about "Peaky blinders" which is one of my favorite series. This serie created by Steven Knight is the story of an english family after the first world war : the Shelby which is a gangsters' family. The Shelby directed by the ambitious, dangerous and charismatic Thomas Shelby live in Birmingham. Their schemings are going to draw the attention of Chester Campbell, a detective of the Irish royal police sent by Winston Churchill. Between thefts, corruptions, equestrian bets and confrontations, their ambition and their empire doesn't stop increasing.

Boisumault Thibaud

Back to top Go down

Post by JOSEPH Clémentine Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:31 am

Blindspot is one of my favorite series. It s an American television series created by Martin Gero and broadcast from September 21, 2015 on NBC. In summary, a woman amnesic, tattooed from head to toe, the FBI discovers that all of his tattoos is the key to finding him guilty of murder.
This police series thus mixing mystery and action. It changes a lot of other police series because the story that unfolds in parallel, remains unresolved.

JOSEPH Clémentine

Back to top Go down

Post by William Laville Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:58 am

Today, I will speak about one of my favourite series : Dr House. It's a medical serie where Gregory House, one of the finest doctors of the country, heal more persons with infectious diseases. I love this character because he's provocative and bad but he loves his job...

William Laville

Back to top Go down

Post by Simonneau Lucile Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:18 am

For me talk about american serie is difficult, I don’t look any series ever, I am not interrested, and I think if a began to watch an serie, I can’t arrived to stop to watch it if I don’t know the end. However I have heard about some series like for example Games of thron, Arrow, The walking dead, the expert, desperate housewives, Dexter, and many other…
If I had to choose the american series that seems to me the best I supposed I will choose Arrow because it look like as the robin of the wood Of Modern Times.

Simonneau Lucile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down