UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TED Talks: the search for humanity roots

Go down

TED Talks: the search for humanity roots Empty TED Talks: the search for humanity roots

Post by Elsye Elenga Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:13 am

What's up guys !
This video is a 15 minutes speach, filmed in 2007 and as you we can guess by the title, it's about humain paleotology. Zeresenay Alemseged, a Ethipian paleoanthropologsit talks about Selam, a 3.3 million-year-old fossil found by his investigation team in the Ethipian desert. The interesting part of his discover is the fact that it's was chid's bones. The most information that we have about our ancestors cames from studies maded on adult's fossils and those from child were missing a lot in the metier of paleontology. Selam is the first hominid child from the species Autralopithecus afarensis discoverd and she was 3-years-old. I always knew that humanity was born in africa and the fact that fossils can give us plenty informations about our ancestors but I was a little bit surprise of the way teeth can be very precise when it's comes down to analysis. In fact, we know the age and the gender of the fossil cause of the teeth analysis. The man talks also about all the hardships of his job (desert, long and endeless researches...) and the the thing that I was wondering about and then strike me when I was looking this man, is that you have to be very PASSIONATE to do this job !! Those mans are maybe riscking there lifes in desert to try to teach us about our story (everybody have to be concerned by this topic by the way), while we are all just, in our houses, in warm, seated in our couchs with our candy's ass and watching TV !!
Behind this briiante discover the man gave at the end of his presentation a beautifull message about the way human being have to help and take care of each other: because, remember, we all came from the same place, no matter what people will saying and most importelty no matter what people have done ! Science don't lies!

Elsye Elenga

Back to top Go down