UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy.

+17
Armand G1
Antoine CHABOT
massé styven
Adrien ROY
ROUGIER17
Aurélien Lechevalier
lilian
Ines Horeau
Mateo Leger
Morgan Landry
Laura Rochette--Guitton
Pannetier Jérémy
Nina Delagrange
Quentin Carre
Nathan Lavaud
BOUILLON Paul
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy. Empty Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy.

Post by Admin Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:12 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy. Empty Re: Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy.

Post by BOUILLON Paul Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 am

The yellow vests movement or yellow jackets movement is a populist, grassroots political movement for economic justice that began in France in 2018. After an online petition posted in May had attracted nearly a million signatures, mass demonstrations began on 17 November. The movement is motivated by rising fuel prices, high cost of living, and claims that a disproportionate burden of the government's tax reforms were falling on the working and middle classes, especially in rural and peri-urban areas. I think that demonstrating can be a good way to make a point and I will vote at the next election. For me, politicians are stupid and the system in France can be better because there is too many money in government.

BOUILLON Paul

Back to top Go down

Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy. Empty Re: Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy.

Post by Nathan Lavaud Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi mister
To my mind the yellow jacket movement was a really good manifestation the reason were a lot like the the small cost of the SMIC . The major part of manifestants are old people who are in retreat or some people who are in search of work. There is also manifestation in college because this cause concern everyone but majoritary the the small and middle social class.
I think this movement is going to far like in paris with all this debordements on the police .
Politics don’t interrest me but i already vote for the presidential election, and i will continue to vote for the other because it’s something important and mayne for the next this kind of manifestation will not happend

Nathan Lavaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin Carre Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 am

Hello John,

On one side I am for the movement of yellow jackets but I am not for violence, degradation or blocking people who work. I don’t think that is the right solution to show our dissatisfaction because it will cost money to the state. I think there is another way to protest but more peacefully. Of course I would vote in the next election because it is very important for me. Yes, before every election I look at the different projects of the presidential candidates, what they propose even if they do not keep their promises.

Quentin Carre

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina Delagrange Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:07 pm

In my opinion the movement "yellow Jackets " was off, unfortunately for them there was too much overflow and mix a little bit.
To start, their first claim was the price of gas; and most of the citizens were on their side and campaigning with them. These acts were quite justified we could talk about: freedom of speech. Nevertheless, now everyone is going for his "little sauce" and his little request which gives no sense to the movement now. Adding to it the violence and certain acts and remarks they gradually lost the French.
Nevertheless, this subject reveals another problem: violence against the police. When we notice that a professional boxer can hit a police officer and all this while being supported by the people, we have to ask ourselves how it is possible? Is this really the image that France wants to send back? Do we find it normal to hit men who are doing their job, men who defend our country, who were present to defend us in the attacks? In addition, some of these men in their uniforms support the yellow jackets movement ... This act repels me and the fact that they can be supported makes me even more unworthy.

Nina Delagrange

Back to top Go down

Post by Pannetier Jérémy Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:18 pm

The Yellow Jackets have started their movement in the end of 2018 and are continuing nowadays. This topic is in the scene actually and in the discussion of all the people in the street. This is complicated to take a position in front everything that happened. At the beginning, for me, the idea to create some event to protest the taxes and the fuel prices were a situation which will took place, it was just a question of time. But the time past and some derivations appeared and taint the movement like the breakers or the fight with the police men. The country is knowing a period of crisis and to stop that some big changes are necessary because if not, I think that most serious things will emerge…

Pannetier Jérémy

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Rochette--Guitton Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Today I'm going to talk about the mouvement of yellow jackets : the yellow jackets are people who militate againts taxes increasing the price of gasoline. This mouvement took a lot of scale and there was a lotof violence during the protest. I think this mouvement is necessary but I don't know if it will actually work.

Laura Rochette--Guitton

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Landry Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Money rules the world, so it's one of the basis problem of this world I think. But it's alright, we get used to it.
The Yellow Jacket movement began last year, when the fuel prices really rose up. This movement is kinda good I think but,
when they block some roads and don't let the people go back to their home, or go to work, it's really annoying. They have to review their methods.
About the government and the elections, well, I don't really get along with all these political things so I let other people choose, 'cause the system can be improved
in many ways, but I don't think it'll happen tomorrow. Cya

Morgan Landry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Leger Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Hy John, today i"m going to talk about yellow jackets, I think that the demonstration with the force is not the most adapted, but it makes it possible to react, and it is above all that which seeks the yellow jackets, they want to be mediatized.
Unfortunately politicians in general do not really or not enough listen to the people in my opinion. For my part I will vote in the next elections of course because it is a duty for me, and it is important to give his opinion. I think that unfortunately in France or in other countries, politicians are at their head and ignores the people too much.

Mateo Leger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ines Horeau Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:33 am

Hello John,
today I'm going to talk about yellow jackets.
This action is a good idea to move or to change things about our life. The government is come back on different law. The problem is that they block the person who want to go work or study while blocking road or roundabout.
In my opinion they must go in front of the government or administrative offices.

Ines Horeau

Back to top Go down

Post by lilian Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:37 am

Hello,

I confess that I do not understand some yellow vests. Some people have good reason to challenge but others do not understand why they are there. They are only following a movement that predes a large scale.

lilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélien Lechevalier Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:41 am

Hello John,

Today I'm going to talk about the manifestations of yellow jackets. For my part, I am happy that some people defend our rights and lower the price of diesel. The government has reverted to certain laws to reduce tension and violence. The yellow jackets are brave and motivated to stay on the roundabouts in the cold. On the other hand, the violence that takes place in Paris disgusts me. We must not degrade the symbols of the Republic. We must respect the police and do not damage the stores.
See you tomorrow

Aurélien Lechevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by ROUGIER17 Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm

I dont' no were is the good people and the bad people. I don't want judge all thos action with just video on the net. In fact, people show what he want we see. Some yellow jacket are so violent, but like some policemen. I think it's obligatory think to do that beacause when you just talk, you don't have nothing. We need to fight. We try to find some solution for resolve problems. It's difficult because they is a lot of people.

ROUGIER17

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien ROY Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi John,

We have a huge subject this week. At first, I will talk about the movement of the yellow jackets. At the beginning (17th November), their intentions are good according to me : there are some problems in government operation and french people want to show that to the elite of France. But saturday to saturday, the movement loose the right track and there are lot of dispersion. There is no organisation in this movement so we heard lot of claims but no real action result to this. Moreover, this movement had a huge impact on the economy of the country and give a bad picture of France to others countries (mostly during christmas and new year period). In fact, the yellow jackets movement isn't a movement for solidarity because business which haven't lot of mony can't survive to this social action.
The second thing that I want to talk is the european election (26 May 2019) which is important to participate because Europe is in danger with the climb of populists parties (in Italy for example) and the Brexit whereas this association of countries permits us to be stronger on the planet on the economic plan with our currency same if somes rules should be change to be in adequacy with our european situation.
Finally, I think that the economic system of France should give progressively less aids and use our money with more efficiency. According to me, there are too many taxes in France so it's difficult for a french company to grow up compare to a foreign business. Our country takes lot of money to his people and then give lot of to them to help them to live. Moreover, public services are becoming less and less efficient. So there is a problem somewhere !!
To be continued... (I thought it was a good subject)

See you on tomorrow

Adrien ROY

Back to top Go down

Post by massé styven Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm

hello I’ll talk to you about the movement of the yellow jackets
This movement was created by a man who was tired of paying taxes for the French state and paying all the money back in taxes We are a lot of people who think that we are paying too many taxes because the government is levying too many taxes from people who are poorer and poorer, and I think it is a good thing to stand up for their rights and not to let it happen. for the next election I don’t know if I’m going to vote because all the candidates are liars.

massé styven

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine CHABOT Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 pm

Hi
Today i am going to tal about yellow jacket. Globaly, this street révolution To demonstrate us dissastisfaction is à good things! But, and i said but, it goes far too far. Indeed this mouvment took too much extent et there are many overflow like the breaker, and for yellow jacket they asked more and more so its endless.
Concerning next élection, yes of course i will vote. Its à duty in France and its important to vote. I will look actuality to sea différent proposition and i will vote for the best person in this country.

Antoine CHABOT

Back to top Go down

Post by Armand G1 Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 am

Good morning John, today I will deal with the yellow jackets. I personnaly think that this movement is quite desorganized. When we take a look at all the polls, there are several points of views. Some people wants to "cut M. Macron's head", "a new revolution" but also some people who have rights revendications to change the system. I think this movement must be fixed because some people have some good ideas but there is many people who walk in the street just for break things and misbehave. Yes og course, I'll vote for the next election ! It's a right but I think it is also a duty. Being a citizen means that you have to vote otherwise you're just a sheep. To conclude, I think that our politicians have to guide more our country to a ecological functionning.

Armand G1

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisch Rémy Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:17 am

Hi John

i hate this subject, there is to much things to say. I'm not a political and i'm not watching TV so i Don't have many arguments. The only thing that i can say, yellow jackets was a good idea earlier, without violence, but the manifestation goes too far and anyone can control the situation.

Bisch Rémy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lionnais Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

For the yellow jackets went far too far! To express disagreement is a good thing, but to do it intelligently! Talk with the government but not degraded public roads and shops!
They attack the wrong people by blocking consumers and workers!
I think it's important to go to the polls so that you do not end up in the case where extremists take power!
It is also important to analyze the demands and projects of each candidate to form an opinion and to direct his choice of vote!

Nicolas Lionnais

Back to top Go down

Group A - Yellow Jackets and Democracy. Empty homework

Post by Mathias Radon Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi mister,
Yellow jackets movement isn't a bad idea but it's too desorganized and they manifest about too lot of things. Because of that, they don't know what they are fighting for. Moreover, the government sets up a lot of things for poor people like a retiree,.. but french people don't ear good things and they are angry by bad things. We are so lucky to have sécurité sociale in France or other services. Furthermore, they use the violence to be heard. I think it's the worst way to manifest. For the next election, i would go to vote because it's an important responsability to choose our head of state.

Mathias Radon

Back to top Go down

Post by lucile.baptiste Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Good morning, sir,
I don’t know what to say about yellow vests. But I can tell you that all the demonstrations organized by the yellow vests cause tension between the police and the demonstrators. this violence has increased the number of interventions among firefighters. In bets the firemen have not stopped to make car fires for example.

lucile.baptiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down