UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 alternative topic - for the intelligent - Knife Crime

+10
ferchaud flavien
Benjamin Christie
thomasperot
Zachary Digeos
Yann BENOIST
Bonin Guillaume
Joris
EmmaGym
HAQUET Virgile
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Week 2 alternative topic - for the intelligent - Knife Crime Empty Week 2 alternative topic - for the intelligent - Knife Crime

Post by Admin Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:45 am

In the UK and France there has been a big rise in Knife Crime. Give me your views.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 alternative topic - for the intelligent - Knife Crime Empty Re: Week 2 alternative topic - for the intelligent - Knife Crime

Post by HAQUET Virgile Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:29 am

Hi John,
I choose this subject because it inspires me more than the first one.
As for the numbers, I do not know them. I could not say if stabbing has increased or decreased. Anyway I think that the media coverage plays in part on the feeling of insecurity of people. Today with the media that seeks to make a maximum of hearing.
So whenever there is a crime, it is relayed on each media for a while and all over the country.
For me, the number of deaths has decreased, but the public opposition is perssued from the opposite. With time Man evolves, he socializes, justice enters the meurses as a solution to the problems ...
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Week 2 alternative topic - for the intelligent - Knife Crime Empty Re: Week 2 alternative topic - for the intelligent - Knife Crime

Post by EmmaGym Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:38 am

Hello John,

Oh really?? That's great... Sadly. In Uk, the crime rate with knives has actually inscreased. Indeed, 5 million have been registered in the British police beetween September 2016 and September 2017. There is a 14 pourcent increase in stabbing crime compared to the previous périod. For example between APril 2016 and March 2017 the police counted 12,100 knife asault in London. While this one is fighting against this type of attack. In France, these attacks begin to deplore. To illustrate this argument, we can take most recent example of the knife attack of 9 Septembre 2019 in Paris in the 19th arrondissement. Indeed, a young Islanist attacked with a 30 cm knife, seven passers-by for no reason. This type of attack in France as well as in UK is becoming more and more frequent.... As a result, people feel less and less secure and free. Even if the national defenses mobilize and fight against this type of attack extremely raw and that puts cold in the back.

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:34 pm

With regard to the subject of knife crime, I think that today it is either reduced to "feminicide" in France or to the murder of settling scores in dangerous neighbourhoods. This year the knife crime has increased but according to who? I rather agree with Virgil that the media play a major role in shaping most people's thoughts. They are the primary sources of information for the people, so they can make us believe anything since we cannot have direct access to the official version. The media relay information and we do not know how true it is. Even if the information is correct, if they insist more and more on a particular theme, the subject will gain prominence in people's consciousness.
To return to the initial subject, I think that certainly crimes with knives are developing because men are going madder and madder, but I hope that in the future this will be stopped thanks to the good conscience of people, and the help of the state to stop domestic violence, street violence,...

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonin Guillaume Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:17 pm

I know that I'm not very "intelligent" but I do my best to reply this topic

I think that the violence in general terms has increased, consequently the knife crime too.
And the more terrible is because of we become increasingly used to watch violence.
It's necessary for us to find the cause, what drives peoples to commit its horrors ?
after that we can find solutions to try to stop this unescapable violence

Bonin Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann BENOIST Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi John my friend
First, i want to say thanks for this alternative topic because both we know that Champions league is a bad subject to train his english.
Ok, now i'll talk about the real topic "Knife Crime".
For me, if this type of crime is in rising it's because it's difficult for the police to prevent this type of crime. For a member of gang's or mafia's it's easier to kill discretely a man with a knife instead with a gun. More over, any people can have a knife in his pocket and it's terrible. For me a knife is more dangerous than a gun. To finish, the problem for me it's because actually the young people in suburban are more violent now. And now if you are assaulting by a man, if you have a little resistance, the man risk to hurt you quickly and he doesn't have any patience.

Yann BENOIST

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Digeos Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:02 pm

I think it's a good choise to supposed an other topic for this week Wink
The knife crime have a big increase since many years. Particulary in the gang, you can do a big injuries to your enemis without kill him. But it' very isefull for the lady or men who is assault in the street to defend his own life. For me when you're defending yourself this is not a crime.

Zachary Digeos

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasperot Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:20 am

Above all, we must see the causes of these crimes. Maybe today there is a lot more inequality than before to fix people with knife attacks. It does not justify what they do but we see the initial problem.

thomasperot

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:25 am

i'm gonna speack about rise of crime ,
first of me for me, if this type of crime is in rising it's because it's difficult for the police to prevent this type of crime, then i think more girls are killed by his daughter with knif than teenagers or others who was killed in a street by a murderer . We can't stop them

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down

Post by ferchaud flavien Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:32 pm

In the United Kingdom and France, knife crime has increased sharply. Several factors are involved, such as drugs, neighborhoods, attacks that cause other thoughts, account settlements. At first the drug occupies a very vicious circle around drugs, dependence and violence are grouped at the same time which is not good households. Then in neighborhoods or for example in Marseilles where the police have less influence, it makes crime with knives increase because they allow themselves to do justice or to believe they are all allowed. Or again the aspect of the attacks in these two countries that bring out some bad ideas to some people. And so come to blows to convey their opinions unfortunately. Crime with knives increase due to some negligence.

ferchaud flavien

Back to top Go down

Post by quentin soulat Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:28 pm

for me the criminal knife to increase because simply the knife it does not make noise unlike a rifle, simple and effective

quentin soulat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoé Mongard Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:58 pm

A knife crime, or simply a crime, are the most cruel and serious acts I think. The people who commit these acts are mean, and sure of them to go to the end .. These attacks with the knife are more and more frequent in big cities, they are attacks for which one does not escape unscathed, Victims have serious consequences, and perpetrators have long sentences.

Zoé Mongard

Back to top Go down

Post by NATHAN PAPINHO Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:33 am

Hi ,
today I'm gonna talk about knife crime but I'm want to say I'm not an expert of that .
In fact a knife is a really dangerous weapon because it's terrifying and efficient if you know to use that , but to use a knife to kill you had to be really and seriously strong because the movement to attack somebody with a knife is very agressive and if you hurt this people you have the feeling of that , with a gun you haven't to be close of your target ; So I think I can use a knifeonly if I am really in danger for my life and I'm not sure of that because knife scared me too much

NATHAN PAPINHO

Back to top Go down

Post by elodie vaz Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Hello John,

Indeed, the crime rate in Great Britain is rising according to the British National Statistics Office.
For example, in January 2018, four young men were killed in knife attacks in London. In 2018, 37,443 crimes were committed with knives, including knives. The numbers only increase what alarms the British.
In 2013, we were only at 2,640. I think the media are stirring up these aggression, because when we hear on TV the assaults, find them on several channels and for several days, which creates insecurity in others. inhabitants, fueling hatred and fear.
In France, crime is increasing but without being alarming. The public authorities are trying despite all to overcome this crime.

elodie vaz

Back to top Go down

Post by quentin soulat Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:17 am

The knife attacks are unfortunately nothing new in the UK. But this scourge continues and worsens, despite the many public initiatives of the past ten years. The media is now talking about an epidemic.

The numbers are worrying, as are the ages of victims and criminals: mostly boys, teens and young adults. In a recent report (July 2019), the National Statistics Office recorded 47,000 knife attacks in England and Wales, including 14,800 for the conurbation of London alone in the twelve months ended in March at most high since the figures were collected in 2011. Over this period, 285 homicides were perpetrated with knives (or broken bottles), or 39% of the total homicides in England and Wales.

quentin soulat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down