UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics

+17
Onillon Dorian
Binson Mathilde
Dulinge Emma
GAILLARD Marin
Virginie GAUDRIAUD
Lucie LEFEVRE
Tmaulin
Thomas Figueira
AxelQuantin
Christian FLANNERY
Paul Bressy
Louis
Julia Ceaux
Weiss Romain
Cloé
Boismorand Victoria
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics Empty Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:36 am

If there was an alternative Olympics what would you like to see in it? Where should it be held? Be imaginative.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics Empty Re: Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics

Post by Boismorand Victoria Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:03 pm

If there was an alternative Olympics I would like to see sumo fights in the air that is to say hanging on to elastics! There would no longer be the impac of weight! I would like it to happen in Paris suspended to the effel tower with full of giant screens that allow everyone to see these battles out of the ordinary.To decide the best it would be necessary that everyone can vote using red or blue signs to choose the winner of the fight

Boismorand Victoria

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics Empty Re: Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics

Post by Cloé Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:35 am

I would like to see a blind test which would compete several teams of 4 people. I think it could be really fun and useful, finally, to know his classics in French songs, or cartoons… To participate, there are selection in every city and casting for keep 4 person from the same city. If one day, this game enter in the Olympic Games, I think I’ll go see it directly Wink

Cloé

Back to top Go down

Post by Weiss Romain Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:48 am

It is very difficult to find an alternative to the Olympic Games, which for me is the holy grail of sport. But if I was to find an alternative to the Olympic Games I would see many events retracing the epochs of human history. Like a jousting tournament for the Middle Ages, a video game tournament for our time, a strategy game to the different wars, a painting and sculpture contest in homage to the great artists of the different eras and finally an event where the competitors will have to invent the future. This competition will take place in space.

Weiss Romain

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Ceaux Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 pm

If we do not take into account the consequences of such a construction, I would dream to see an aquatic city entirely built in the depths of the ocean, a bit like Atlantis and why not produce the Olympic Games there. Obviously the sport I would like to see is underwater hockey, that would mean that my sport has developed a lot.

Julia Ceaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:18 pm

To have an alternative to the Olympic Games. I will see a giant hunger games. With one survivor. Of course with those who want to achieve this "game". It will be realized in an immense forest to delimit by impossible walls of crossing.
The goal will be to eliminate the other survivors and be the last one alive.

Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bressy Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 pm

I would like seeing a team fighting for a thing in space. Like an american football where we can use Walls, roof and floor to move and bring the ball behind a line for exemple. It can happen in a zero gravity simulator.
An american football is possible but it can be many other sports or activities like ultimate or Quidditch.
I love thinking about the fact we can use all dimensions and not just take resting on the floor.

Paul Bressy

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian FLANNERY Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:30 am

There is allready an alternative to the olympic games that exists in a way ! Its called the Crossfit Games ! The CrossFit Games is an athletic competition sponsored by Reebok. The competition has been held every summer since 2007. Athletes at the Games compete in workouts that they learn about hours or days beforehand, consisting mostly of an assortment of standard aerobic, weightlifting, and gymnastics movements, as well as some additional surprise elements that are not part of the typical CrossFit regimen such as obstacle courses, ocean swimming, softball throwing, or ascending a pegboard. The CrossFit Games stylizes their individual winners as the "Fittest on Earth" which is way more meaningful than a silly olympic medal for curling !!
Christian FLANNERY
Christian FLANNERY

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelQuantin Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:31 am

I would like seeing a competition between mens and girls, disabled persons and valid persons or childrens and adults, events that allow for exchange between everyone and for the fun to do sport.

AxelQuantin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Figueira Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:32 am

In the Alternative Olympics I don't know what to add. Maybe a food challenge, to eat a lot of burgers or pizzas in a time. The faster to finish win the challenge. Or maybe a test of "tennis/ballon" it's make a tennis but feet, not racket, in team of 2 persons. The first team to 21 points and a match of 2 sets winners.

Thomas Figueira

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmaulin Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:40 pm

In alternative at Olympics games. I proposed to do team with his family. There is a departemental, regional and national qualification with several tests in several sports. All sports are played by 2 or 4. The competition during 3 weeks and there is one test a day.

Tmaulin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie LEFEVRE Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm

If there were an alternative Olympics, I would like everyone to be able to participate. When I say everyone, I am not talking about the whole population, but rather any kind of people. That is, children, teenagers, adults, elderly, able-bodied, disabled, men and women, without any discrimination, mockery. The Olympic Games are sports competitions and sport is possible for all, you just need to know how to adapt each sport to the mobility of the person.
I would like all sports to be publicized and not a sport. I would like everyone to be publicized, not just men. Depending on the results, it could have contests between each type of person, because an invalid can be stronger than a valid, and it will show that a disability situation is not a handicap, it is a part of the personality, a small different, but they have the right to be recognized as all of us.
No matter where, the best would still be in a developed country so that these Olympic Games are truly recognized.

Otherwise, to be a little more imaginative, we could create an Olympic Games like the Hunger Games - "there's only one left", but it's a bit sordid and horrible as an end.

Lucie LEFEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie GAUDRIAUD Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm

I would like to see a trampoline ball. This sport is between trampoline and volley ball but it's more funny! It's a team sport. In each team there are 3 players and 3 substitutes. For each match you must win two sets. The firt and the second are in twenty points and the third is in ten points. As in volley ball every part of our body are allowed to play. If the ball touch the trampoline you win 1 point but you can win two points if it's a magic point. A magic point is when you do an acrobic figure and after the ball touxh th e trampoline of the order team. The most popular magic point call the storm shoot, the dotty scorpio and the rainbow flipp.

Virginie GAUDRIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by GAILLARD Marin Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:22 pm

If there were an alternative of olympics game, I would this to be more in our time, like he could include Esport which is getting bigger and bigger every year. I will let it very hard access for athletes. But I will probably change many rules... Don't build too much structure for the competition and use those who are already built. Allow only countries who respect human's right....

GAILLARD Marin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulinge Emma Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:38 pm

If there were alternative Olympic Games I would like there to be more hip-hop or breakdance dancing. Being passionate about music, I find that dance reflects a lot what can be found in music. Indeed, through music we express an emotion, a feeling, a gesture and above all it is a very important means of expression. I find that through dance we find many similarities that I like. And so, I would like it to happen in Paris so that I can attend, even if I think the tickets must be expensive.... And I preferred to use my money to travel:)

Dulinge Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Binson Mathilde Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:21 am

I think we should set up alternative Olympic games on warm-up (knee up, buttock heels,...) to see if the athletes are strong in warm-up. I say that because in training I am told that I would need Olympics to evaluate the warm-up because it is a place where I can perhaps be strong.

Binson Mathilde

Back to top Go down

Post by Onillon Dorian Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 am

we could create Olympic games, on the water.
It could be a multisport tournament on inflatable fields, rugby touched 5, football at 5, volleyball. And when the ball goes out, or a player goes off the field, then he falls into the water. It could be mixed team, boys, girls, and handisport. The competition is present but the goal is mainly to have funWeek 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics Photo-couverture-affiche-waterugby-854x507

Onillon Dorian

Back to top Go down

Week 7 Discussion Topic - Alternative Olympics Empty alternative olympics

Post by Pierre Faivre Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:03 pm

I would really like to see Olympic games that are equal for all, for the disabled they would all be in teams with athletes and valid athletes so that everyone has the same chance to win and there are more differences. From the media point of view, the Paralympic Games will be broadcast as much as the others, so there will be no favoritism.
For the location of these games I thought to do them in space with gravity-dependent events like the shot put and that will prevent the poor people each time suffering from the location of these games as in Brazil in Rio for example.

Pierre Faivre

Back to top Go down

Post by noemie michenot Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:35 pm

If there was an alternative Olympics, I would like to see a big course of human in bubble like hamters. This course would compose of different parts: a equilibrium part (on a beam for example), a speed part (sprint), a labyrinth (where the two first participate to he final part) and a final fight, where the players are on a platform above the water and they have to push the other one out of the platform. It would be very funny !

noemie michenot

Back to top Go down

Post by Joep-L Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:52 pm

I will see in the olympique games, a fishing contest, it might be cool, not for everyone but i will like it.
otherwise i dont know, there are so many sports in the olympique games.
So there could be a contest with catfish fishing without rods only with your hands

Joep-L
Joep-L

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:22 pm

If there was an alternative Olympics i would like that in swimming swimmers swim with marine animals or otherwise there is a course event on the water, that athletes swim with a buoy and armband, or an event where people are introduced to the nation. I want to somehow discredit competitive sports in order to transform them into a sharing sport that puts the human relationship above all else.

Emma Goichon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down