UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 topic - Femicide and Domestic violence. What you gonna do?

+26
Petit Valentin
Maria Caulot
Mateo Zientek
moreau julien
R naceri
DONNARY Louis
victor bouveret
Charlie vieira
Mila Bodin
Julien Causeur
Adrien PLANET
Léo Meirinhos
Corentin FAITY
Naomi ARSIVAUD
RDebarre
Julien DAVID
Marion Gilet
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Jason-dmt
nicolasrenaudon
Grandidier lilian
julien blay
Valentin Delias
Florian Brédif
diogocalheirosantamarinha
Admin
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 3 topic - Femicide and Domestic violence. What you gonna do? Empty Week 3 topic - Femicide and Domestic violence. What you gonna do?

Post by Admin Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:27 am

At the moment Femicide is a big discussion topic in France.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49571327

What are your thoughts on this topic? Why does it exist? What can we do?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 topic - Femicide and Domestic violence. What you gonna do? Empty Re: Week 3 topic - Femicide and Domestic violence. What you gonna do?

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:36 pm

I think domestic violence is awfull and is certainly a thing who comes from the old times when man had the power over their wives. The problem is that we are in the XXI st century and we do not tolorate that kind of crime like we did before but some men and women can't understand that. It exists because some people have issues of confidence on themselves and their partners and the only way to get over it is by hiting the others, they certainly don't know what taling is. the only things we can do is first of all not doing it, press charges if we know someone who does and maybe as futur teachers educate our students against that

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Week 3 topic - Femicide and Domestic violence. What you gonna do? Empty Re: Week 3 topic - Femicide and Domestic violence. What you gonna do?

Post by Florian Brédif Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:12 pm

For sure domestic violance isn't normal and very serious. We must not stay without doing anything with this type of crime. Must be prevented and very early because as it annouces the news of bbc, the last victim had 21 year-old.
In most acses and very often, men are problem and women are victims. But the very problem comes from elsewhere (psychological problem with angry, alcohol, drugs...) and it's for that , that is important to make prevention on this external issues too.

Florian Brédif

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Delias Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Domestic violence is awful and not normal, it should not be that in the world. The problem as the BBC says in this situation, is that men do not always accept women's choices, so contrary to adjust this, they choose violence. Their behavior is also often due to diseases or drugs, or alcohol that make things worse.
This tragedy took place during the gournement annoounced solutions to fight against domestic violence.
I think the Prime Minister's ideas are a good start, it may be a way to reduce the number of victims.

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:35 pm

I think that domestic violence should be punished much more severely than today because every year there are many women who die because of bad people. This subject is really horrible, I wonder how they do to type their wives. The government should be more severe ...
I also think that alcohol often has its role in this kind of tragedy.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandidier lilian Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Domestic violence is a very serious problem that began a long time ago, but we do not talk much about it today after the 100th woman killed, a measure is taken but it is late already .. More over what is not seen in this subject of the BBC is that conversely, it happens that men are killed in the same domestic violence but much less. In fact, we went to the following statistics: a woman dies of conjugal violence every two days in 2019 whereas in 2016 she was a woman every 3 days. It is indeed time to become aware of the rise and problems much deeper than mere "shouting"

Grandidier lilian

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolasrenaudon Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:12 am

To me, femicide is unacceptable. The women has the right to be treated like any human. I hope this phenomenon will disappear with the time, and that this one will disappear of the mentally of people.
To fight the femicide, we can pass by the education of children thanks to parents who show the good actions, the good mentality to adopt to respect a woman, we can vote to a sensibilisation campaign to reduce the rate of femicide.

nicolasrenaudon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:28 am

Hye, this is a very complex and interesting topic, especialy cause many cases have been happened and all are differents. Indeed, we did'nt gather these femicide and domestic violence around of unique reason, the situation, the person, or the society are many factors who make more complicated the cause. Indeed, understand why these violences are happened is one of way to fight them. In my opinion, the education is the biggest reason, all the people's behaviors are influenced by their experiences and their personnality, a traumatism can affect a person during all is life with repercussions impossible to define. Finaly, the most sensible manner to fight this fatality may be to understand and support the abuser, find and respond to the violence of these person.

Jason-dmt

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:52 pm

Hello,
I think that violence against women is an abominable thing. Unfortunately, the number of violence against women is increasing. This violence is often due to alcohol and drugs. With regard to these horrible acts it is necessary to support the victims because very can dare to file complaints and if we are spectators of this violence it is necessary to act immediately because unfortunately sometimes it is too late.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Gilet Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:58 am

Domestic violence is a complex subject because it's still a current problem in society. Unfortunately every years many woman die under the blows of their boyfriend or husband. This violence is difficult to manage because it may comes from the person, from a situation or even be caused by society that does not do much to solve this problem. This problem not appeared recently, it has existed for centuries and the result is always the same : it is the death of innocent person.
I think one of the possible solutions to improve this crazy reality is to educate our children from an early age.

Marion Gilet

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Domsetic violence is a complex subject because if you don't talk with persons about it you cannot see traces. they have differents types of violence against childrens, women man but it is not recent it is since all times

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by RDebarre Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:39 pm

Femicide is actually the murder of one or more women or girls because of their female status.
We want to fight men, but women have a place in society. Women have rights, whether in France or in other countries. Women therefore have the right to exist.
Certainly women do not have qualities that men have but men also do not have the qualities that women have. Every human being has his own qualities so women should not be judged or concided differently.

RDebarre

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi ARSIVAUD Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Many women and also men have to bear domestic violence each day. When we say « domestic violence », often we think about physical violence but there are so much psychological violence and is also a serious subject. Sometimes with physical violence the victim has some bruises and that permit to alert those around him or her. But with psychological violence there is no physical proof.
Beware of masks worn in public the violent person or victim are never the people you think of!

Naomi ARSIVAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:46 pm

I think that the femicide and domestic violence shouldn't exist. Aggressors should be heavily punished for this type of act. I don’t understand why some men come to this with their wives, this would never cross my mind. some men must stop feeling superior to the woman because we are all equal

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Léo Meirinhos Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:14 pm

This week we talk about domestic violence. This is a very hard subject. I think we have to educate the children to avoid this kind of problem. This things is very old, but there is still violence. There is a lot of woman who died because of that, but there is also men who died because of violence of women. There is things to avoid that like website to inform yourself. We can also call some people who know what we can do to avoid this kind of violence.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:17 pm

Femicide and domestic violence is a subject really complicated. And more and more present. Many values get lost in each person. The society does than these person who undergoes domestic violence don't talk about of that and only suffer wickedness of his husband. But in this moment, thanks to press and courageous womens, these subjects are highlighted and permits than the womens speak. But too much domestic violence is again in this society.

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi John, I think violence against women is a horrible thing, and it’s an important question. Today, I think that this is an important discussion that is taking place in France because a lot of women are dying because of this.
All forms of violence are intolerable and even more so for women who have exactly the same rights as men in society.
I think that violence against women shouldn't exist.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila Bodin Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:14 am

Hi John !
Violence against a spouse is something I find incomprehensible. How can we have acts of violence against the person we are supposed to love? Even in anger, even if something is wrong, I believe that violence in a couple, and even in general, has no place. It's something I can't handle and it makes me angry.

Mila Bodin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:30 am

for me domestic violence between people should be punished always, because it's horrible. the most violent people have no heart, and many suicides and people died because of this violence... it's really very serious we have to fix it all.

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Post by victor bouveret Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:37 am

Domestic violence occurs when a person tries to control or exercise power over their partner in an intimate relationship. It can be physical, psychological, sexual or financial abuse. In the majority of cases, they are exercised by men and suffered by women.
It s important to understand that is not only phiscal.
Moreover domestic violence is not a couple conflict whose outcome is uncertain, but a process of sexist domination. It is exercised in the family. Child witnesses are also victims, but they can also suffer sometimes deadly abuse. Actually, it's a major current issue and all the society is concerned.

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Post by DONNARY Louis Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:39 am

We talk about domestic violence when a person strikes or threatens to hit someone over whom he or she exercises power or domination. This may be due to several reasons such as money or abuse of power. personally I do not understand those people who are capable of such things, one must be heartless or inhumane to do such acts. I hope that one day it will stop exciting just like spousal violence.

DONNARY Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by R naceri Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:51 am

Domestic violence can take on a physical, psychological or sexual form, with the willingness of one partner to take control of the other by exercising power over him. I think the respect of his spouse is something important. It exists because it has become something common to many people.To counter this problem, we must do more prevention and make things available to battered people.

R naceri

Back to top Go down

Post by moreau julien Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:48 pm

I find it horrible that women are killed because of their status as women, that is, because of their gender identity. This practice probably comes from the old days when men exercised power over women. Nowadays, it exists less and less but it still persists. Especially because people do not know how to answer with words but only with physical acts.

moreau julien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Zientek Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:12 pm

the domestic violence it's really hard and really hard to understand.
i mean why you hurt you're wife. IT's maybe a Men problem who wan't to control all the relation ship.
It's really sad that people are killing because of domestic violence .
I can explain and understand this act.

Mateo Zientek

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Domestic violence is a subject that is talked about very, very often today. This violence that everyone knows is difficult to talk about when we are in the place of the victim. There are today emergency numbers to ask for help for the victims. And conversely it is possible to go to associations, a doctor if we become an actor of domestic violence.

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum