UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 - Holidays

+15
Camille GENNESSON
Le Foll Camille
AdélaïdeSagnes
Saradl
Célie Moutot
Laura Berthier
Lisa Garcia
Emeline Texier
katia katy
RedaOumouloud
Emma Vancostenoble
Axelle Fardeau
earnau06
carolinemaggi
Admin
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 4 - Holidays Empty Week 4 - Holidays

Post by Admin Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:58 pm

blah blah blah...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 4 - Holidays Empty Re: Week 4 - Holidays

Post by carolinemaggi Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi !
I love holidays, as everybody I think, don't you?
Especially when holidays are synonym of travel. To me be in "holidays" is to be disconnected, be relax and do nothing except what you really want to do. I feel good in holidays when I'm abroad. My two favorites countries are (don't be upset) Italy and Greece. Italy of course because my father is Italian so be on my roots is always a pleasure. Moreover I like the "south" way of life and above all the ICE CREAM!!! and pizzas. and the "focaccia". and the "calda calda". Never mind it's not the food topic. So I love these two countries because people are kindly, you feel "at home" and there is the sun! Of course there are also a lot of beautiful places to visit and I really would like to see all of them (but I need money lol).  
Otherwise, according to the soon-ex-european-country I went to London fourth times but I would like to visit Leeds, Manchester, Oxford, of course Leicester... It will be a good way to improve my English and an excuse to visit my friends!
There are a lot of others countries that I want to discover that's why I'm thinking about doing a sabbatical year next year, to have this opportunity to travel while I can do something as an environmental or humanitarian project.
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:39 am

carolinemaggi wrote:Hi !
I love holidays, as everybody I think, don't you?
Especially when holidays are synonym of travel. To me be in "holidays" is to be disconnected, be relax and do nothing except what you really want to do. I feel good in holidays when I'm abroad. My two favorites countries are (don't be upset) Italy and Greece. Italy of course because my father is Italian so be on my roots is always a pleasure. Moreover I like the "south" way of life and above all the ICE CREAM!!! and pizzas. and the "focaccia". and the "calda calda". Never mind it's not the food topic. So I love these two countries because people are kindly, you feel "at home" and there is the sun! Of course there are also a lot of beautiful places to visit and I really would like to see all of them (but I need money lol).  
Otherwise, according to the soon-ex-european-country I went to London fourth times but I would like to visit Leeds, Manchester, Oxford, of course Leicester... It will be a good way to improve my English and an excuse to visit my friends!
There are a lot of others countries that I want to discover that's why I'm thinking about doing a sabbatical year next year, to have this opportunity to travel while I can do something as an environmental or humanitarian project.

Do you have a particular project in mind, Caroline? If you could choose where would you go and what would you do? - for the environment or humanitarian work?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by earnau06 Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello John,

For me, holidays have much changed from before, holidays are synonymous with catching up on my work or advancing me... Being of a studious nature, I find it difficult totake it easy without working for several days.
Same during the summer, I work as seasonal... But I take advantage of my few weeks or days off to see my friends and go away for the weekend.
My most beautiful trip was when I went to Costa Rica during the Christmas holidays in December 2016. It was cold in France while I was pouring it soft on the beach and sunbathing even in the rain... It was the dream. Since then, my plan is to go back alone, see if I can live there. It's a Spanish-speaking country unfortunately, I would have preferred to be able to speak English because I don’t like Spanish.

Good holidays Smile

earnau06

Birthday : 1999-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Fardeau Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Hello John,

This topic is very interesting because I have many things to say. Many people love holidays cause it’s a time to relax, see friends and family without thinking about studying or working. But I’m a person who hates doing nothing, so holidays are never synonymous of rest for me. Indeed, I do my homework or I work for my student job at RedBull. Of course I take time to see my family and friends, I love to go out and enjoy.

My favourite holidays are summer holidays because I can travel, especially abroad. I have already travelled a lot but only in Europe like Italy, Spain, Jersey, Belgium, Croatia, Slovenia etc. I love summer holidays to such a point that I would like to continue my studies after graduation just to have one more summer and be able to travel without pressure of a job.

I’m thinking about taking a year off after my 5 years of study to be able to travel, work abroad, gain experience and be on vacation all year round ahah.
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Not yet, however I'm thinking about Canada for my next internship. Central America appeal me but these countries are Spanish-speaking... I would like to start by an English-speaking country first for my sabbatical year. I'm thinking about doing an EVS so I'll choose the country according to the tasks. Moreover, I was part of an environmental project about the COP21 and I met involved people, maybe I could join them.

I really would like to go to Australia to visit my pen pal and immerse myself in this country.
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:53 pm

earnau06 wrote:Hello John,

For me, holidays have much changed from before, holidays are synonymous with catching up on my work or advancing me... Being of a studious nature, I find it difficult totake it easy without working for several days.
Same during the summer, I work as seasonal... But I take advantage of my few weeks or days off to see my friends and go away for the weekend.
My most beautiful trip was when I went to Costa Rica during the Christmas holidays in December 2016. It was cold in France while I was pouring it soft on the beach and sunbathing even in the rain... It was the dream. Since then, my plan is to go back alone, see if I can live there. It's a Spanish-speaking country unfortunately, I would have preferred to be able to speak English because I don’t like Spanish.

Good holidays Smile

Just let me know if you want extra work to keep you happy. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Vancostenoble Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello everybody !

I saw this morning a tweet like this : "being on vacation when you're student is just not going to university for a week" and it's true. I don't know if I'm the only one being so stressed and accustomed to everyday work (or almost) that I can't stop working on "holidays".
Y'all have visited really nice countries !

As Eléa, I'm a seasonal for four summers so since 2 years now I program mini holidays in a European country, during February or april, with a group of friends. I traveled to Berlin in 2018 during 3 intensive days, Prague last February and I recently planned my travel to Budapest next February. I think it's enough for me, just some days per years to take a break with studies and french air.
I already went to England but I would like to go back one day, in a less academic context. But Brexit should not help anything...
Emma Vancostenoble
Emma Vancostenoble

Back to top Go down

Post by RedaOumouloud Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:56 pm

Hey !
Well , I really like being on holidays in order to discover new countries meeting and exchanging with new people or just to advance in some personnal projects or courses not especially the academic courses taken in IAE and have lot of time to eat and work out without pressure .
RedaOumouloud
RedaOumouloud

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:18 pm

Student life is holidays.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katia katy Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:13 pm

We can't talk about holidays when we have thousands of homework to do...  silent
my holidays are a bit special, who says holidays, says work -_- i always work during the school holidays in order to pay my trips Very Happy

I don't have specific destinations, i like to travel everywhere and explore the world, for example next week i decided to go to Madrid but i changed my mind i'll finally go to Copenhagen, i don't know how this city came to mind suddenly any way, Sarah decided to join me Very Happy

My favorite country or city is Istanbul ahhh, what a beautiful and magical city, each corner of it tells a story, and the people there are really warm, they always invite you for a cup of tea and some delicious loukoums haha Very Happy
katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:27 pm

katia katy wrote:We can't talk about holidays when we have thousands of homework to do...  silent
my holidays are a bit special, who says holidays, says work -_- i always work during the school holidays in order to pay my trips Very Happy

I don't have specific destinations, i like to travel everywhere and explore the world, for example next week i decided to go to Madrid but i changed my mind i'll finally go to Copenhagen, i don't know how this city came to mind suddenly any way, Sarah decided to join me Very Happy

My favorite country or city is Istanbul ahhh, what a beautiful and magical city, each corner of it tells a story, and the people there are really warm, they always invite you for a cup of tea and some delicious loukoums haha Very Happy

Copenhagen is great but a bit expensive. My son's GF is Danish. I've always wanted to go to Istanbul but every time I discuss it with my wife there is a problem in Istanbul and she decides not to go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Texier Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:52 am

Hello everybody!

The real holidays for me it's a period when you are nothing to do or a period when you travel in France or an other country.
But this holidays are not really a period when we do nothing because we are in the CEPE !
The holidays remember me my best travel there is 2 years when I went to Malaysia and Singapore it was a dream!
Since his trip, I always think about learn english in an other country, therefore I consider to take a gap year and do a civic service for next year in an other country in Europe.

Happy holidays !
Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Garcia Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 am

Hey !

The proof that these are not holidays, I am trying to answer on the forum whereas I should rather have fun with my friends. But instead I do my homework by answering this topic and I'm going to sleep because I have to get some strength before a new week at CEPE.
We have so much to do, and as Emeline said real holidays it's a period when you have nothing to do but enjoying your time ..
My favorite holidays were this summer because I was lucky to be able to spend them with my girlfriend, we celebrated our one year together and we had a lot of emotion.
Lisa Garcia
Lisa Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Berthier Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Hello Hello !
It is 29th October and I'M WORRKKKING, it's not faiiirrrrrr... Crying or Very sad Fortunately, it's raining so I dont' have anything else to do. (except to see my boyfriend, make cakes, eat, play with my lovely dog...) BUT NO I work on my English, Mr Rampnoux's course, read "the tragedy of growth" etc etc etc.... ohhh yeeahhh I LOVE SCHHOOLLL.. I'm like Lisa and Emeline, during the holidays we do nothing, just enjoy the moment !
Last year, I had the chance to travel and discover Thailand with my brother and I loved it, landscapes, food, monuments, people, culture, it was exotic... I had the chance to visit an elephant sanctuary, which saves abused elephant, and I was able to feed them, and walk next to elephants and baby elephants, It was a dream for me to see elephants in nature, and not abused...I would love to live in Thailand !!
My next big trip is to Tanzania to make the "big five", which means to see lion, leopard, elephant, black rhino and buffalo ! But it's very expensive... so I'm waiting a few years to get the most out of it !! I love you I love you
Laura Berthier
Laura Berthier

Back to top Go down

Post by Célie Moutot Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Hello John,

It's finally the holidays! I'm really happy to have the sun of the drôme back! But for me, the real holidays are the summer ones as Emeline said so well . They are the longest and allow me to enjoy the sun, the heat and the swiming pool Cool and because we don't work and have no homework of course Crying or Very sad !!
It was also during the summer holidays that I travelled the most with my family. I discovered Italy, Germany, Austria and Switzerland for example. For my the best country to travel at the summer holidays is Italy ! Definitly with France Naturally we have a beautiful country.
Later on I would very much like to see Australia, NewZealand and why not the Nordic
countries.
Unfortunately, I have to go because i have a lot of homework to do ! Sorry !

See you later
Célie Moutot
Célie Moutot

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradl Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Hello everyone !

Holidays are the best thing ever  ! Imagine  if we  switch  holidays with  studies ?? like holidays all along the semester with 2 weeks of studies ! Aghh  THE DREAM !
I think this is the best topic  ever even better than food !
This year  while i am in france iam going to take advantage of this opportunity  to discover a lot of countries  because  the plane tickets are cheap !!
For Example like Said Katia we're going to copenhague to  discover a new country and to run away from Angoulême Shocked  !
.... But also i would like to go  to Tunisia but meh the plane tickets are so expensive ! Crying or Very sad

Saradl

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Hello everybody,
As everyone I would like to spend all my week seeing my friends, relax and make party. But we have work… I try to make as faster as I can to do funnier things!
More or less one year ago I was in true holidays in Marocco for ten days. I would like to be back in the past!
Holidays it’s time to see my friends which are also back to father’s house like me! My best friend is back from her island: La Reunion. This is a great pleasure. I can’t really complain because thanks to her, I travelled two times there!
Unfortunately, not all of them are here, one moved out to French Guyana, another to Mayotte, and soon another to Canada. I will take advantage for the opportunity to travel a lot!!
Like Axelle my favourites holidays are in summer, we have several months to enjoy and even if I worked, under the sun everything is different.
When we will be back, I’m fearing to discover the “TRUE Face of Angoulême” (about the weather) John was talking about.

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:35 pm

Soon your "summer holiday" will only be a couple of weeks. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:27 pm

Sad Sad Sad Definitely! But you told "Life is holidays"!!! Cool

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 pm

I should become a teacher!

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:26 am

AdélaïdeSagnes wrote:I should become a teacher!

Laughing

touché
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi John,
Holidays is a vast subject.
In this period of All Saints' Day, holidays are for me the time when we spend time with our families.
As a child, I almost never celebrated Halloween because we were always going to see my grandparents on that date. So I give more importance to the "religious" term of Halloween all-day rather than commercial (although now I like to dress up and go out with my friends in the evening).
So I planned during these holidays (before it ends) to see as many people as possible while working on the classes (of course).
A busy schedule and beautiful shared moments in perspective.

My favourite holiday period is of course the summer. Although I work, I still have time to go to the beach. Did you know John that there is a beach called Tahïti in Brittany? Wink
There is no need to go very far, the Breton beaches are the most beautiful. Fine sand and turquoise water (I'll give you that a little fresh, but you get used to it.).

I wish you a happy holiday.
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:11 pm

But is there a Brittany in Tahiti?

And can Breton's dance like Tahitians?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Unfortunately I have never been to Tahiti, but I don't think there is a Brittany there. (Brittany is unique Wink ).
I know Tahitian dance only from the cartoon “Lilo and Stitch” and  I'm not sure it's a reference.
I would say that the Breton and Tahitians dance have in common only to have a traditional costume.
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next