UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 week 3 - New year

+13
florian
Thibault
Emma Gauduchon
Jules.A
Grondin Tom
Leane.angot
Ilona Brugiere
esauton
Lydie Maroteix
Julien Chaubénit
julie bersoult
sasha geffré
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Semester 2 week 3 - New year Empty Semester 2 week 3 - New year

Post by Admin Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Firstly Who took the key for the salle info to open the door and didn't give it back to me? I need it tomorrow!!!!

Resolutions, celebrations, parties, anecdotes, whatever.....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 3 - New year Empty Re: Semester 2 week 3 - New year

Post by sasha geffré Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 pm

I don't really have any new resolutions. I just wish 2020 will be a better year than 2019 for me and my loved ones, that my family and friends are in good health even if it's not the case for everyone at the moment. I still wish to make a success of my school year, that i'll be french champion with my rugby team and that we'll find a house with julie and clemency for our roommate and I'd like to do well in my preparation for the marathon of la rochelle.
That's it!

sasha geffré

Back to top Go down

Post by julie bersoult Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:41 pm

New Year means new start and also new resolution.
I hope that at the level of my studies I hope that this year will be rewarding and teach me a lot. I hope to have my year. I hope that my family will be healthy and that love will be present. I hope that my projects will come to good or will be on track.

julie bersoult

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Chaubénit Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 pm

In a new year, I never make resolutions. Indeed, I know that I will not be able to hold them. In addition, it is useless since I believe that we can take resolutions throughout the year. I celebrate each new year with my friends, it's tradition: Christmas with family, New Year with friends. We are used to having a huge evening for each start of the year.

Julien Chaubénit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydie Maroteix Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:57 pm

New Year's Day is, without forgetting that it is the first day of the year, also a celebration. The western tradition is to celebrate New Year's Day with a meal on the evening of December 31, New Year's Eve, with family or friends. Often celebrated with a good meal, champagne, foie gras, and lots of music, patiently waiting for midnight. At midnight everyone kisses each other to wish each other a Happy New Year, the best wishes possible. Tradition would have it that lovers kiss under mistletoe to wish each other as much happiness and luck as possible. It is also a time of year when people decide to set goals for themselves to achieve in the New Year, they are called New Year's Resolutions. Some will hold them, some will hold them a little less and some will give them up after only one or two months. Among the most common of them are to stop smoking, to do more sports, to lose weight, to speak a new language, to be happy, to find love. Another amazing tradition is called the New Year's Bath, it is found in many countries of the world. Its purpose is to dive into the water, often the sea, both cold or icy and temperate water. It aims to rejuvenate and get rid of the negative elements of the past year.

Lydie Maroteix

Back to top Go down

Post by esauton Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:44 pm

For me New Year is the first day of a new year but above all an event that we celebrate as it should be with these friends by eating a good meal and drinking alcohol ... Cool But it is also the day we take new resolutions to improve our daily lives. The New Year is not celebrated by everything or not in the same way, it depends on the culture of each and the desires of each.

Happy New Year !!

esauton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona Brugiere Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:16 pm

For this new year, I don't necessarily have new resolutions. I hope to succeed in my year .. find my way. I celebrated Christmas with my family like every year, I want them all to be healthy. We ate very well, we were all spoiled on Christmas Day. Then I celebrated the new year with my friends, I have been doing this since the second class. I was at my best friend's house with lots of other friends, we had a lot of fun. I love to have parties like that, but for me it never lasts long enough. I think I will always love this part of the year as much.

Ilona Brugiere

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 3 - New year Empty Semester 2 week 3 - New year

Post by Leane.angot Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:44 pm

The new year is a holiday which is celebrated in different countries accompanied by different traditions ( for example the Chinese New Year celebrated on January 25) and which symbolizes the first day of a year.
In France the new year is made in the presence of family or friends having a good time. The tradition wants that at midnight we kiss each other by wishing our best wishes and saying new resolution for the coming year.

Leane.angot

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 week 3 - New year Empty New year

Post by Grondin Tom Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Firstly, I don't have New resolution, I Just wish the Best for my family and my self. If I should do New resolution, will be to work little more harder. For me the new year is a Day when I can see my old friends during one night to talk about old time and Get some good tomes. New years is the 25 of january in China.

Grondin Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules.A Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:27 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! Let's begun by a wish for everyone here, I hope you'll get your rank and your health will be good. About me I never take any resolution 'cause I think that useless, if you want to grown up about social, economy, studiing, health or anything else, you can do it every day, not only the first of january. Wathever, i still think that a day like another one, so i don't do a particular party, it's depending of the différent year, sometimes in family, ans sometines with Friends.

Jules.A

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Gauduchon Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:10 pm

irst of all, it's always the same guy who kept the keys...

Secondly, I had several resolutions for this new year. I would like to be able to pass my boxing grades in order to improve myself and show what I am capable of in the ring as well as to make my parents, my family and my coach proud.
Moreover, I would like to lose weight in order to feel better about myself and to be able to accept myself; but also to be able to succeed in my professional projects which are now well underway.
I will spare you our New Year's Eve for Jeanne and me. An eventful but also surprising New Year... the next episode will follow Wink

Emma Gauduchon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibault Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:37 pm

2019 is finished, now we have to focus on 2020. 2019 was quite shit, a lot of people died and it's really sad. The world has been tourmented by severals disasters.
First, July 2019 is the warmest month ever measured, with temperature records in Europe. A massive demonstrations against Abdelaziz Bouteflika's candidacy for a fifth term took place.
In mid-March the 737 MAX planes of the American manufacturer Boeing were grounded, after two crashes of aircraft by Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines, totaling 346 dead. Notre-Dame de Paris in flames. an international team of scientists reveals the first image of a black hole. Baghdadi was killed by the Americans.

In short, 2019 was a mess.
Kobe Bryant died in early 2020 so we are off to a good start this new year.

Thibault

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:37 pm

For this new year, I have any resolution. I just want to have a good year, and i will try to success my first year of lience, and get my firefighter's diploma. For you John i hope to you a good health and a lot of happyness. See you monday for new adventures

florian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:43 pm

The first of the year is synonymous of new beginning and in our culture is often celebrated with a big party and resolutions.
For my part I celebrated my first of the year with my friends during an evening with a meal to which we all contributed.
There are a lot of pretty funny anecdotes about this party but they will remain confidential. To finish my resolutions and my wishes for this new year, I just wish happiness and good health to all my loved ones accompanied by good academic success and personal sports.

Jordan Rak

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:14 am

I don’t do new year resolution because I find those useless. You can take resolution at each moment of the year. You don’t have to wait the 1st January.
They are not efficient. Most of them are, according to many researches, allowed to fail.
The popular resolutions are : loose weight, stop smocking, make savings, find love, send more time with family... but we don't care because most people do not respect their resolutions.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:58 pm

It's going to be boring because I don't have any resolutions, I want to be happy, I want my friends and my family to be too. I hope 2020 will be a better year. It started bad with "WW3", Austalia, Kobe... But I hope It's going to be better. If Trump doesn't become president again, it will be a good year by the way.

Evan Rebierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:14 pm

I spent my new year with some friends. The problem is that my friend lives in the back of the country and there was a lot of mud, the road was narrow and to turn around I had to go in that mud, my friend says it’s okay, I go and get stuck. It lasted about 30 minutes, but then we did it by pushing the car. Then at the level of my resolutions, I will continue on my launch not release anything and continue to work even harder

Simon Martinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down