UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 W3 Childhood memories

+14
Jessica Mauricio
Emma Vancostenoble
Emeline Texier
carolinemaggi
Le Foll Camille
Axelle Fardeau
Lauralee Spadat
Camille GENNESSON
Kellia Cassagnau
Lisa Garcia
AdélaïdeSagnes
Adrien Roucairol
Laura Berthier
Admin
18 posters

Go down

S2 W3 Childhood memories Empty S2 W3 Childhood memories

Post by Admin Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:05 pm

You could write about your first memory, or a funny memory, or an important memory or all of these or something completely different.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

S2 W3 Childhood memories Empty Re: S2 W3 Childhood memories

Post by Laura Berthier Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Hi there,

I have a little problem with childhood memories, I tend to mix my dreams with my real memories...
I don't know if that's the case for everyone but it really pisses me off No

One of my most important memories is on my 11th birthday. I was at my grandfather's house with my brother and we came home by bike. On the way, we had fun going fast. And just before arriving home, I hit a car... I hit the windshield and fell to the ground ! My brother quickly left to get my mom to call firefighters !
It was very horrible because I felt guilty, I saw my parents panicking....
The gendarmes came to ask me questions and he asked me "what is your date of birth ?" and I tell him my date and he says "ahh happy birthday" laughing. but IT WAS NOT FUN !!
I went to the emergency room and now I have a huge ugly scar on my knee...

Not a funny memory, sorry ahah
Laura Berthier
Laura Berthier

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Roucairol Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi,

I don't have many memories of my childhood but I think I can clearly say that I had a happy childhood.
My parents gave me a lot of freedom, I could enjoy my friends, go and play football and do my homework when I had to.

At school, I was always the "troublemaker" or the "clown" from primary school to high school. I liked school, but I dreaded the parent-teacher meeting because I knew I was going to have a hard time. Very Happy

However, I was one of the best, which often made my classmates grumble.
I don't regret that time at all because I was carefree and acted naturally and without thinking.
Even today, I still have that childlike soul, but in a more reasoned way.

I think that one never leaves childhood, the adult is just a status. Regardless of our age, we all have a childhood dream within us that we carry or keep secret.

Childhood is the most fabulous period of life, even if for some it can be terrible and unfair.

Adrien Roucairol
Adrien Roucairol

Back to top Go down

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Hello!

I had a very happy childhood in the country.
I used to go to my grandparents' house, who were farmers every summer, and I was sad to go there and even sadder to leave.

I had a lot of fun feeding the lambs, seeing the farm animals and most of all, my grandmother would buy me and my sister chicks that we raised. It was a lot of fun, we would spend our days outside and they would follow us everywhere.
I was doing very well at school, I went there earlier because I wanted to do what my sister did.

When I was young, I was very afraid of growing up, I sometimes cried because of that. Today I have understood that growing up is being able to do what you want, but freedom is, I think, what scares the most.

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa Garcia Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Hey !

Well, when I was 2 years old, in 2000, my parents bought a house lost in the countryside, and it was a farm so they had to renovate the entire place because there were only drinking troughs for cows, no floor, a real stable you know. My father, this crazy man built everything himself, the windows, the doors, the terrace, built a chimney, in short everything. But even today everything is not over. Besides, since the beginning of this month, my father has been building an oak staircase alone (he cut his finger and went to the emergency this weekend.) I tell this story because this house is really his work.

Anyway, when we were kids, my brother and I, we had the nicest nanny, and a few years ago this nanny sent us a video. In fact this video was made by her, she filmed the entire summer vacation of the year 2000, when my parents bought the house and started the work. An hour-long video where you can see the progress of the work for 2 or 4 months, me and my brother at 2 and 4 years old doing lots of stupid things with my cousin, and lots of friends and family who came to help my parents. You can see my grandmother. You can see family meals, the children at the pool while the adults worked hard .. But above all we see a lot of joy, only smiles, when there was everything to do ..
I sometimes watch this video, and I tell myself that I would like to go back to that time because a lot has changed ... Watching these childhood memories reminds me how much I love my family and i I'm lucky to have it.
Lisa Garcia
Lisa Garcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellia Cassagnau Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:46 am

Hi,

When I think about my childhood memories, I feel very happy because like many of us, I was lucky enough to have a happy childhood.

I have many memories, but I want to tell you about one in particular. When I was about 7 y.o, my parents decided to buy a camper to go on holiday together with my older brother. It was so great !!! We often leave in the evening, or very early in the morning, my dad drove a part of the night while we were sleeping. And in the morning, we've woken up and we've arrived at our destination. We made several legs during our trip, so we could see a lot of things, discover new landscapes.

What I liked a lot with the camper was the family spirit. We had to live in a small space for 8 days, we didn't have a TV, so in the evening we played board games together and we talked for hours, it bonded us a lot.

These memories are really my best ! And I hope to be able to do the same later with my children Smile
Kellia Cassagnau
Kellia Cassagnau

Back to top Go down

Post by Camille GENNESSON Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 am

Hi everyone ! Very Happy

My first memory was when I was 3 yo ! We were on holidays at a friend's house and we went to a hike. I remember at the end of this hike, we had the chance to have an icecream and I chose a pistachio one. I find crazy the fact that we remember little things like the flavour of an icecream because it was the most important thing for us when we were young Razz

I think I'm lucky because my mom always worked at home since I was born (she was a nanny, and now we're a host family) and my dad works in a secondary school so during holidays, they were always at home. It allowed us to often go on vacation.
Like Kellia, we have a camper since I'm 7 or 8 yo. And we also did a lot of camping. My best memories are from our holidays in camping in Corsica. Every evening, we played board games.

Like I said before, we are a host family since I'm 7yo. And thanks to this, I had great memories because I had the "little brothers" I've always wanted. But I also had my worst memories.. In fact, when they left the house, it was really hard and I still have difficulties to talk about it. Right now, we're hosting two girls and I prefer not to think about their hypothetical departure.

Also, as you may know, my elder sister is disabled. I can't remember when I have understood she was different from me. And it's something that bothers me. That's one memory I'd like to remember, I don't really know why.

In the end, I had a really happy childhood. Maybe some bad memories, but when I compare it to the foster children's one, I can only be happy Laughing
Camille GENNESSON
Camille GENNESSON

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralee Spadat Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:29 pm

I don't know if my memory really can remember precisely my childhood.

What I do know is that my parents, and especially my mother, made sure to film as many moments as we could spend with my brothers and sisters when we were children. They did this with a camcorder, so the videos are now available on tape.

At home, since we were teenagers, with my family we try to watch all of these videos at least once a year, for years, but it takes a lot of time. Our mom was really filming every moment of our lives as soon as she could. So it goes from our first steps, to when we eat breakfast together, to family days with my grandparents and my cousins, to our shows school, etc.
I think this is a very good initiative by my mother, because it really allows us to help our memory to work on these memories. Because indeed, wanting to control your memory is illusory. For a simple reason, that the making of memories is done completely unconsciously.
But, I can say that the environment can favor a memory, good or bad. Most of the memories that I have are filled with joy, love, laughter, because I think the emotional ones marks us more. So I think that in a family we must cultivate what makes us good, in order to continue this habit.

For example, I have a very good memory that has remained in my head since it happened.
It was when I was about 8 years old I think, in August, we went to see my family in Italy for the first time with all of my family from France. How to tell you ... I remember that the journey was very long 'cause we were going there by car ... and it is in the south of Italy, in Calabria.
But I also remember that I loved spending the summer months there, I think that's when I really realized that my family actually spoke two languages, so I was a little lost it seems to me. However, I remember that even without necessarily understanding each other, between Italian cousins ​​and Franco-Italians, we understood each other and we really had fun.

It’s one of my best memories, because there was all that I had dearest: my whole family. Nothing beats this kind of memory in my opinion, not even a trip to the other side of the world.
Lauralee Spadat
Lauralee Spadat

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Fardeau Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:51 pm

Hello,

Well this topic doesn't really inspire me so I'll create another topic with the topic I wanted to talk about this week!

Anyway, I had a very cool childhood, well surrounded, with my parents, my little brother, we had everything for us, a nice house, a nice family, all beautiful. I travelled a lot with my parents and my brother in Europe especially, we went to Italy, Jersey, Spain, Majorca, Crete and so on...

I liked going to school even if there were always many problems, you know the gangs of pests in middle school and high school supposedly popular who allow themselves everything? yes it's not only in the movies they are everywhere. Anyway, I wasn't paying attention and I've been doing well in school so far I'm glad.

As far as my childhood memories are concerned, I'm looking for anecdotes but nothing comes to mind, so maybe one :
the only time I went to the hospital in my life was for a perched cat. You know the perched cat? We had a big giant slide in my air centre which was also my school (the most fun playground in France, there were absolutely all the games in the world, a football stadium, basketball stadium, mounds, climbing walls, treetop courses, hopscotch, sun kings etc. it was magical) and we had fun making perched cats. But clever as I am, my friend was the cat and he wanted to touch me and my first reflex instead of just becoming the cat or taking the slide ramp, I jumped from the top of the slide and fell on a horizontal wooden ladder between my legs and broke the logs which was huge, so I went to the hospital. My parents thought that this aeria was cursed because my brother broke his arm and elbow twice there, another child had swallowed a wasp and everyone had already gone to the hospital after a day at the ahah aeria.

In reality I have only good memories, I have the advantage of sorting out my memories and I usually keep only the positive ones, I remove everything that I don't like and it's much better like that.
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Foll Camille Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:07 pm

My childhood memories all relate mostly to my twin sister.
I would say that it is not easy to stand out personally, because for everyone, we were "the twins" and not necessarily 2 distinct people in their eyes.
Although my mother didn't dress us the same, people often confused us. At that time I thought this was normal, but looking back, I think that it probably bothered me that I was not distinguished, because every child, when he is small, wants to be unique. As far as I remember, we never pretended to be each other. It was always important for us to have our own character.

The question I'm most often asked is, "How does it feel to have twins? I always ask myself this question because I don't know what it feels like not to have one, so I don't know what people expect my answer to be.
When I was little, I would have told them that growing up with a twin is having someone to play with all the time. We loved to play Playmobil, play with dolls, make garden huts, play PlayStation.

If I were asked the question today, I would say that I can't define what can't be explained.
People often idealize having twins, it's often one of their wishes. But you have to tell yourself that it's not a choice, you learn to grow as a couple, because they only see the positive sides, but there are also "inconveniences" such as not having your own birthday, for example.

The highlight of my youth was when I needed to become independent and define my own personality. Having a twin also means learning to be alone.
Le Foll Camille
Le Foll Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:43 pm

Well,

I liked reading your stories. Laura's story remind me all my bike accident... the first was when my uncle try to learn me how to ride. I was riding, but he didn't tell me how to turn, so when I rode until the tree and I have to turn.... I just hit the tree and fall... But at the same time I'm writing this, I'm confused because I don't remember if it was me or it's my sister story. It joins yours opinions about childhood memories confusion.

Otherwise, I don't really like talking about my childhood because it's remind my good memories for sure but also terrible ones. So when I'm talking about it or just reminding something, bad memories always get the upper hand...

But of course I have a lot of great memories I could talk about, as my summer holidays in the camping site with my grandparents or in Italy with my parents. Yet, I confide you something: I was a real little brat. One story to illustrate: My parents use to relate our holidays in Corsica. When I was 4, we went to Corsica with my family and a group of friends to go camping. I cried all the time, my parents' friends said "shut her up! kill her!". The night after, all neighbors left...

You could see on my profile picture one of my favorite childhood TV shows. If someone read this, please tell me if you know it because none of my friends watched it whereas it was fantastic!
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Texier Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Hello everyone!

As most of you, I had an happy childhood in my countryside!

My favourites memories are when each year, with my family and my family's friends, we went in the Pyrennées for skiing in February. I really enjoyed this period because I felt free and powerful on my skis! But my father tell me that when I was 8 or 9 years old, I nearly died .... Indeed, I was skiing with my father and my friends when I stopped practicing turns and I have taken speed so, my father tackled me on the ground! If he had not done that, I wiil be fallen into a ravine!
It's funny because my only memory of this incident is after that a ski instructor take me back on a snowmobile aha ! I think my brain keep on my mind only the good side of this story Razz

Honestly, I have spent my childhood to annoy my little brother Twisted Evil

See you !
Emeline Texier
Emeline Texier

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Vancostenoble Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 pm

Uh, not so inspired here because my conception of happy (or sad) memories is distorted. When we was children, emotions was so different from now because we didn't learned how to manage them and also how to recognize them.
But the only one that's still keeping my breathe, is a sad one.

My father used to be a high-ranking military, and he was gone most of the time in African countries (Mali, Afghanistan, Kosovo...) because of the need to conduct French army operations there in order to keep the country in turmoil.
The fact is that I was the first child of my family. And I remember very well my 2 and a half yo' ass crying for a whole day because I was missing my dad a lot, and the pain is so hard for a baby to being abandoning like that.  Crying or Very sad
Now I know how much this series of absences has impacted my relational life because I'm also scared of being abandoned again, and I'm trying to manage it.

It was like a life lesson for me. I will not do children for a moment because I don't want them to suffer from a need (financial, cultural or parental).
Btw expect this and my parents' divorce, my childhood was normal and I did not regret anything else.

Have a nice evening !
Emma Vancostenoble
Emma Vancostenoble

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Mauricio Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:11 am

I could hardly talk about one specific childhood memory. I feel like everything under the age of 15 was a sort of cloudy and vague dream. I know for sure that I was a dreamer, I was always dreaming about something. Adults always noticed I was never present in the physical world. It's was frustrating for them especially for teachers in primary school.

Besides that I was a curious girl who was always questioning her parents about everything that surrounds her. I loved to read...a lot. Actually, I preferred to read a book than to play hide and seek with other children.

Today I'm still a dreamer but I try not to be too absent. I'm working on it ahah
Jessica Mauricio
Jessica Mauricio

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Pasquier Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:33 pm

Hello,

My childhood was normal, i live a family who loved me and had no very big troubles in my live.
I have a little brother and a little sister, my brother has 2 years apart me so we did all stupidities together. For example, when we were punished, my father used to hide console's controllers in the house when he went to work. So one day, we decided to look for it in the whole house and we finally found it. To don't be caught by our parents we decided to make a plan. One of us can play on console and the other will be on the look-out and warn the other if one of parents came back from work and put controller's back from where we took it. Of course, we get caught and the next day, our father decided to take the console to his work and we were punish for two weeks to play on our console.
My childhood would be perfect if i had cousins of my age, i'm the oldest one and my cousins have six years apart me so we were alone with my brother in families parties.
Paul Pasquier
Paul Pasquier

Back to top Go down

Post by Célie Moutot Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi , everybody Cool

I don't remember my entire childhood, but I do have some memories. When I was 4 years old I was very active, running around and talking a lot (that hasn't changed). At school I was the clown of the class, but I calmed down a lot in college, I was very discreet because I had very little self-confidence.
My mother often told me things that happened in my early childhood. The funniest thing (I think) is the time one winter afternoon I locked my mom outside while she was hanging out the laundry. I was 4 years old, my mother was very scared because I was alone in the house... but fortunately after a few minutes I managed to open the door... I was really evil Evil or Very Mad ...
This story is one among many others, I should write a novel in 5 volumes to be able to tell everything Very Happy
On the whole I had a happy childhood even though I was born into a family that hardly shows its feelings and I didn't have a lot of affection. I have never lacked anything and I think I am lucky.

See you
Célie Moutot
Célie Moutot

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradl Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi,everyone

I think john is sleeping by now Razz anyway !
I don't really have much to say about this subject, but as far as i do remember i have seperate memories from several periods of my life, But those that i do remember, when i was very close ( i still i'm) to my older sister, i was always copying her and following her EVERYWHERE Literally, But most of my memories are blured ! actually i dont even remember what i did last week Razz i'm getting old maybe ? affraid

Saradl

Back to top Go down

Post by katia katy Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:20 am

Hello guys,

So during my childhood I was quite calm, I rarely fought with other children but I have so many funny memories, I remember once I came home and the neighbors dog started to bark and I started to run and he followed me, he took off my skirt, I was so shy but it was actually funny

I also remember that once I played with my best friend (she was a little monster when she was a kid) and she stuck chewing gum on my hair, I came home crying and I told my big sister everything, which often frightened children to protect me. I the moment I was so furious but now I often remind this to my friend and we laugh together.

I don't know if this has happened to you before but for example we in our school we have to raise the flag of the country in the morning and bring it down in the evening before leaving school, in short and we have to be really serious in doing it. So once the teacher asked me to go do it and everyone started to make funny faces to make me laugh and I refrain from laughing once, twice and there I explode laughing while peeing on me cheers yeeah...

As I told most of you I had a pretty little rabbit… despite it peeing everywhere, once I came home from school, and I see my father slaughtering my rabbit who ended up in the oven with rice, everyone ate except me. Sad but after that my brother brought cats and a dog ^^

I could spend the night telling my childhood memories...
See you

katia katy
katia katy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down