UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society

+32
Hugo Seguin
BEGUE simon
R naceri
Pierrick
grammont.theo
Léo Meirinhos
Corentin FAITY
Julien Causeur
Charlie vieira
Fusiller Simon
Enzo Bourgeaux
Maria Caulot
djibril17
PELLADEAUD Kilian
julien blay
Marcuccini Luigi
Léoauguin
Vince Lepine
Lemarquis Mathis
diogocalheirosantamarinha
Gaspard Pouzin
Charlotte Denis
VINIANE Méline
margotgregoire
Pierre Bonnefont
Valentin Delias
Ribault Geoffrey
Tom Régnier
Nathan Raveraud
thibault maret
Louis XVI
Admin
36 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society Empty s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society

Post by Admin Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:44 pm

This could be a great topic. Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society Empty Re: s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society

Post by Louis XVI Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:02 pm

The integration of the handicap into the society is in progress since the next ten years i found. The media diffuse the paralympics games and some of sports events for the sport side. Lot of « handi athletes » like philippe Crozon do their best sport performs and surprise lot of people about the potential of handicap people. For the social side there is lot of awareness in the primary school to try the young people to understand the handicap of some of them who don’t have the chance to be like the others. The goal of these awareness is not to develop a form a compassion but to accustom the child to do any difference. But the political side is very poor, any of them got a handicap, and they close lot of institution even the number of the population upgrade like the handicap.

Louis XVI

Back to top Go down

s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society Empty Re: s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society

Post by thibault maret Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 pm

Today, there is a lot of handicap. And it's very difficult for handicaped's people to live, because instalations are not always adapted.
Today, medecine makes a lot of progress againdt handicap, and simplify and improve the life of handicaped people. Now, people who lost there hand are able to control a robotic hand.
In sport, handicap athletes are not promote. Meanwhile during paralympic. Those sports are difficult to see at the tv. But those athletes make incredible performances despite their handicap. I think the fact that they are all handicap renforced the state of mind of cohesion.
Handicap can improve performance by technology who are used to offsets it. Like carbon fiber who are uses to build legs of athletes.
Now there is more people who helped handicap people to fight against it.

thibault maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:57 pm

There are lot of differents handicaps. Mental handicap, hearing impairment,Visual impairment,Physical disability,Autisme ,Psychic disability... I think that today with the progress of the medecine and technology hancicaped people are more and more integrated to society. Of course their lifes are very difficult but I think it has made a progress since ten or twenty years. I think that in the futur maybe some handicaps could be cure by the technologie or the medecine.

Nathan Raveraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Régnier Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi John ! Today let's talk about an APA-S subject, as we talked yesterday with a disabled person at my institute of wheelchair basket ball, the new generation is more openminded with all the subject. So in few years I hope disability will be "normal" for the society because it is enough harder to be disabled than they don't need to be reject of the society. I think for it, sport is a great things because we saw disabled persons who did huge things like Philippe Croizon who cross the see between United Kingdom and France or the red sea. They are many others to do huge things to the recognition of disabilities. With people like that disabled persons should be integrate in the society in few years (I hope so).
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Nowadays there are plenty types of handicaps from mental ones like autism to physical ones like paralysis. Some of them are inherited at birth whereas others happen during life. Today, the society is trying to integrate as much as it can the handicaped people. Indeed for instance government decreed to create special ramps to access public buildings or for important speachings adding an extra broadcaster to translate what is said (in the sign language for example). Then, there are actually a large amount of jobs which aim to help handicaped people. Finally science is testing new experiences to attempt to repair the body or at least to recreate scientifically human abilities.

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Delias Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:04 am

The integration of disabilities into society is not easy for all even if it develops gradually. The world of disability remains a cause of exclusion in terms of education, access to infrastructure, integration into professional life, but we can see that it is developing more and more because there is much more media coverage or people talking about the Paralympic games. More and more people are interested in this challenging and impressive world. I think it's interesting to see that people are talking more and more about disabled champions like Théo Curin, Philippe Croizon or Sami El Gueddari. Finally, I think and I hope this "handicapped world" will integrate into society in the years to come.

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Bonnefont Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:08 pm

People with disabilities are now becoming more and more integrated into our society.
In the world of sport the disabled are represented separately from other people.
Thus, following the Olympic Games, the Paralympic Games are held every 4 years.
But an exception was made in August 2012 at the London Olympic Games.
Oscar Pistorius became the first double amputee athlete to compete in an event at the Olympic Games.
It was in the 400 m, and he was eliminated in the semi-finals.

Pierre Bonnefont

Back to top Go down

Post by margotgregoire Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:23 pm

I think the word disabled is just a title. A disabled person is first of all a human like everyone else with a difference that makes it original.
So yes they need more structure and someone or more people to take care of them. There are centers for this.Maybe not enough or much too expensive for certain. There are also companies that recruit people with disabilities. I find it great because it feels like everyone else. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of structures missing. So let's wait for the L2 APAS in Angouleme to create some.

margotgregoire

Back to top Go down

Post by VINIANE Méline Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:39 am

Despite the legislative provisions, disability remains a cause of exclusion, in terms of education, access to infrastructure, professional integration, but also social acceptance. The situation of people with disabilities has improved considerably in recent years, but it is unfortunately still complicated. Society in general sees disability above all in terms of disability: the person with reduced mobility, the blind, the mentally retarded ... If it makes sense to identify a person in relation to obvious and important characteristics, this not only reduces the person with disabilities to a narrow label, but it does not open the door to recognition for so many other abilities.
society will have to react on the way of seeing things. There are still too many people who idealize a typical character with "criteria of perfection". Today everything is based on appearance and when a person does not enter the "mold" of this perfection, he becomes different and generally judged afterwards. Unfortunately, despite all efforts to combat this, I think it will take a long time to change the vision of the world.

VINIANE Méline

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Denis Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:03 pm

There are different types of disabilities : motor, mental .. Today the society has evolved significantly with the integration of disabled people. For exemple in Paris there are restaurants that employ blind people to serve the customers, or there are many restaurants that employ people with mental illnesses ( trisomie 21, autism for exemple) to try to integrate them in the society. But there are a lot of things to do because there is still a lot of infrastructure missing for people in wheelchairs for exemple. It is a long fight that is not over yet, but we have to keep hoping that things change.

Charlotte Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:45 pm

So for me the intregration of handicaped in a society is very difficult because nowadays in working world we search the performance, fast, technique and many abilities very importante to contente the client. But handicapped don't have those abilities as a person sins handicap so it's 1000x more difficile to integrate those persons in enterprise and in working world. And in genegarl those persons have a job with little responsabilities .

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:00 pm

I think handicap, physical or mental can be very hard to live with, and the difficulty of living with it can be increased depending on the gravity of it, but we can see that nowadays people with handicaps are easily integrated to the society than 30 years ago. For example, I think sports can be a good way to integrate this people. But I also think it stills a long way to go to get full integration of people with handicaps. This step we need to make to integrate them properly is mainly in people’s head because we can see that « normal » people look at handicap people in a different way, sometimes they are not comfortable when they are talking to someone with an handicap but I think we need to respect them and to do so, we need to treat them as normal people. I know there are some mental handicaps that don’t allows us to treat them normally, but we need to treat them with respect anyway

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

s2 w2 Integrate...handicapped ....society Empty SOP

Post by Lemarquis Mathis Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:14 pm

The last week was olympic and paralympic Week.
Olympic and Paralympic Week (SOP) is a week organized each year with the aim of promoting sports practice among young people, by mobilizing the educational community around the civic and sporting values that are found in Olympism and Paralympism.

The SOP concerns teachers, pupils and students from kindergarten to university, parents of pupils, athletes, in collaboration with associations, sports federations and local authorities.
All over France and around the world
The SOP is organized throughout France, in mainland France and overseas, as well as in French schools abroad.
This week is therefore dedicated to integration through sport, which for me is one of the most important values.

Lemarquis Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Lepine Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Hello john, about this subject i think the handicapped person can make things in the society because they are adaptation for differents handicaps like the ramp in the bus or in front of the shop but it's minimal and the integration is not complete. I hope for them that others adaptations will be created for simplify their life and so that they can live a life like everyone and without their handicap for obstacle.

Vince Lepine

Back to top Go down

Post by Léoauguin Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:51 pm

hi john today I will talk to you about the place of the handicapped in our society, but since it is a vast subject I will talk to you about the handicapped who practice the same sport as me, that is to say the motorcycle on circuit (speed). It is important to know that there are many people with physical or mental disabilities who participate in physical activity, for example in athletics with prosthetics, or in wheelchair with basketball... However last year I had the chance to attend a handicap motorcycle race at the Le Mans circuit. I hallucinated! men and women who have for some of the legs or one less arm, or a partial vision manage to drive machines over 180 kilos at crazy speeds... respect

Léoauguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:14 pm

Hey guys ! I think that today, we are more and more open-minded about the handicapped. However, a large part of the population is still thinking that their difference is a weakness, and they're not integrated. For example, the people in wheelchair, every places aren't adapted to host them. In 2020 that's not imaginable.......
There are more and more events whose aim is to promote disability, and to make things that were once inaccessible to them.

Last edited by Marcuccini Luigi on Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:03 am

Hello John ! This topic is really interesting because the subject of handicap in the society is taboo. I Think that a person who don't know a personn handicapped or who is not interested at this subject, have a bad image of this. The word of handicap is associate to wheelchair but Wheelchairs is just 10% oh handicap. There are mental, and motor handicap. It's a vast subject. All people see the handicap differently.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:08 am

Hello John,
Today we are going to talk about the integration of the disabled in our society. People with disabilities face difficulties in accessing infrastructure that is not always suitable for them and the world of work. Although the integration of disabled people into society is progressing in the right direction thanks to companies that give them an opportunity to work in their companies, and also in sport thanks to technological advances that allow them to practice the sport as a normal person.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Post by djibril17 Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:22 am

I think technologies help people who are handicapped i mean that today there are protesis so people can walk again run again. I think that people who have handicapped should be more integrate to the society. Actually it's the case but not at 100% there are still people who are put them away....
Otherwise there are competitions for handicapped people the paralympics games for instance. Last week I saw a report about a surfer who get eat the arm and the leg when he was surfing. Today he have records in swimming and he have a really strong mind.
The differents experiences who causes the handicapped reinforce people. They are stronger than before.
Handicapped people are like us so we have to included them in the society more than anyone else.

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 am

The integration of people with disabilities into society touches three dimensions.
A social dimension. A person with a disability may have difficulty finding work. But associations and insurance are planned for this reorientation.
A physical dimension. A person with a disability is sometimes chanting physically. The question "what can I do" must be passed. Sport is a good solution for this help.
A moral dimension. Acceptance of disability by the disabled person is long. You have to accept your new situation and look at the eyes of others.

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:24 pm

This week it's an interesting subject which appears everywhere all around the world and touches all culture and mentalities. First of all, i would say that there are a lot of kinds of disabilities, more or less grave. First of all, in my mind the society is making everything to facilitate the days of thoose kind of persons. As an exemple, they have special places on parks, elevators in buildings... But because of this, they are well away from none disabbled persons. Moreover, the regard of people on thoose handiccaped is different from the one that they have on average people, that makes a difference. We could deduce that its simply the other persons of the society that are making the integration of handiccaped difficult.

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Fusiller Simon Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:28 pm

The integration of the handicap into the society is possible in a lot of context. I think that is possible in the sport. I will take the exemple of Théo Curin. It's a French disabled sports swimmer in the S5 category. He had to be amputated from the four limbs at birth to stop an illness. Through swimming he was able to build a secure future and meet people who were able to help him integrate into society. He participated in the Paralympic Games in 2016 and impressed many people with his ability to talk about his illness and his disability. Today he holds a column in "C'est à vous", a program on France 5, a French TV channel which shows his integration into society.

Fusiller Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:32 pm

previously people with disabilities were set aside by society. Society does not give them much chance to integrate into the professional world.

But a new disability law aims to integrate people with disabilities into our society. It is entitled to compensation, to provide each person with a disability with his or her specific needs: a service, an accompaniment, a personalised help.
Promote genuine school integration, as well as promote professional integration. Sport is also much developed for this type of audience, and is taking up more and more space in society.

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi John,
I think new technologies allow people with disabilities to be more integrated into the society. For example, my cousin is disabled, he is deaf, and having hearing aids allows him to understand and dialogue correctly with others.
I think that sport is also a means of integration for people with disabilities, there is a lot of sport adapted to motor or physical disabilities.
Everyone must respect people with disabilities by integrating them into society.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next