UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 Subject - Travel

+20
Gaëtan GARCIA
valentin.faydel
Nina Brissonnet
Elisa VINCENT
ewan
Anthonin Garnier
Vigié Alexis
amélie Reutenauer
corantin E
léa.tallon
Mathilde Donguy
Marc Monot
Morgane piaugeard
Pierre JEUDI
Grégoire Gaucher
Maéva De Sousa
Dorian MIMAUD
Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI
clara ernesto
Admin
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty Week 3 Subject - Travel

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Nina is my new favourite student in the group. She has suggested travel for this week's subject. So where have you been? Where do you want to go? Where is the worst place in the world? Should we be travelling when it is a major cause of global warming? or anything else you want to tell me about travel.

Last edited by Admin on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Nina Brissonnet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty Re: Week 3 Subject - Travel

Post by clara ernesto Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:33 pm

I love traveling, I like to discover new cultures, new people, new landscapes and change of lifestyle. I went to China in 2016 with my grandmother, I visited Beijing and Shanghai while being in a Chinese family, my grandmother's friend. I had a cultural shock, the world and the lifestyle is very different from that of France. The language and the archicture is very different.
Chinese looked at us strangely because they are not used to seeing European people (a tall brunette girl with blue eyes and a small woman with white hair)
The last year I went to the Canary Islands with my parents and my brother, the landscapes are very beautiful, it is a very volcanic landscape.
For me the worst place in the world is the countries where the women aren't liberty.

clara ernesto

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm

clara ernesto wrote:I love traveling, I like to discover new cultures, new people, new landscapes and change of lifestyle. I went to China in 2016 with my grandmother, I visited Beijing and Shanghai while being in a Chinese family, my grandmother's friend. I had a cultural shock, the world and the lifestyle is very different from that of France. The language and the archicture is very different.
Chinese looked at us strangely because they are not used to seeing European people (a tall brunette girl with blue eyes and a small woman with white hair)
The last year I went to the Canary Islands with my parents and my brother, the landscapes are very beautiful, it is a very volcanic landscape.
For me the worst place in the world is the countries where the women aren't liberty.

I would love to visit China, you are very lucky.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

clara ernesto likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty Sarah's travels

Post by Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:31 pm

I love travelling. Small, my dad took me a lot with him on vacation: we went to Senegal, Spain, Italia, and many in the south of France. I always asked him to take me to Algeria, but he never did it... while he went there very often, especially young. I would really like to go there to see my country of origin.
With college, we traveled to England, I was with my 2 best friends in a host family in Teignmouth, it was incredible ! And the best it was the day in London. But I was disappointed by the famous "Fish & Chips"...
For my mother's 30th birthday we went to Tunisia with my aunts and my little sister. There were the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen !! I'm still dreaming of it, the water is transparent and warm, the sand is so soft and fine... The beaches of Hendaye also marked me a lot, I played incredible football matches with my father, my little brother, my friend and others tourists.
Today my boy and me want to go first to Greece, and then in lesss affordable places like Japan, paradisiacal islands... I look forward Smile

Sarah LAVIGNON NASRI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian MIMAUD Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:10 am

I made two travels. The first travel was when I was 2 month we were going to Martinique and we back in France when I was 2 years old. Yes I can't remember this travel but it's true and my little sister wasn't born so she has never traveled to any country other than France. My second travel was when I was 11-12 years old. This travel was with my college class. We were going to Salzbourg in Austria. This travel during 1 week. It was good for me because we can progress in German and this is the goal of this travel to Austria.
I have no idea to travel because we can visit lot of monument in France and after yes why not we can go to Scotland USA New Zealand and why not Ireland.
Maybe the worsts places in the world are in cold countries and eastern countries.

Dorian MIMAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maéva De Sousa Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:40 am

Since I was born, I have made 10 travels which are Spain (twice the Balearic islands, Malaga and Canary island), Portugal (Lisboa and porto), Greece (Corfu island), Tunisia, United States (New York) and England (London, Doncaster and Brighton). My favorite travel is New York because the culture is very different with France. I love travelling, my dream is to go to Bali, I don't why this trip but it's something that always made me dream. I don't think there is a bad place in the world because each countries are a different culture, religion and way of life. All countries are for me to visit even is almost impossible to do ii it one life. Travel is a cause of global warming with the airplanes but if we don't travel, is impossible to know the new culture, new religion, new way of life..
All this is only my opinion Smile

Maéva De Sousa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grégoire Gaucher Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Traveling is depressing.
(I say it first just to grab the attention) When we travel it's to discover new countries, new cultures, or simply go away. There are two options : you go to countries poorer than your, and you ask yourself why this situtation for so many people ? Or you go in an economically similar country with better landscapes, better living conditions, better weather, and when you come back home you ask yourself why you're here ?
In either situations we will be desesperate for a little while.
Fortunately that’s not the only face in traveling. The other is that you have encountered new things, and it makes you more cultured, more able to understand world issues and turn on the desire to change things.
I think this last point should encourage us to travel and that with a critical eye on what surround us.

Grégoire Gaucher

Admin and 608148 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty VOYAGE DE PIERRE

Post by Pierre JEUDI Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:14 pm

When I was little, I first visited the west coast in a vintage campervan with my father and sister and I loved it, especially the wild side. Then we went to England, Spain and Portugal to visit family living in England and Portugal. For me travelling is really very rewarding, for language and culture. I haven't traveled in a long time, but with my girlfriend we have already planned our future trips which will start with Greece for its landscapes and eventually Japan for its very intriguing culture. I apologize in advance for global warming. Wink

Pierre JEUDI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgane piaugeard Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:14 am

Traveling is an incredible experience, it allows us to discover new people new cultures, new landscapes.
Traveling also allows you to recharge your batteries and rest.
I have personally traveled to Spain, Italy, Sardinia, England, Germany and Iceland.
My favorite trip it was Iceland, because it's a different atmosphere than in Europe.
In iceland the temperature is low even in summer, it is a country located in the north , not far from greenland.
Summer at night does not exist , it is always daylight.
The landscapes are amazing similar to another world.
Thereafter , I would like to travel to America for example Los Angeles or Japan because there are very different culture from ours in Europe.

Morgane piaugeard

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Monot Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:55 am

I very like travelling! I think it's the best way to discover the world and understand the other country. There are so many conflict in the world : war, Famine, bombs attack, disease so we must stay open minded and the best way to open our mind is travelling. When I was in high school, I do a 3 month travel in Germany, The "Brigitt Sauzay Programm", it was very interesting, I made me new friends, I discovered new langage and new life style. It was very enriching!! Where I want to go? It a difficult question, I think I want to discover the world so all places in the world, I think there are no worst place just police climat make the think bad. And about travelling and global warning; I think we can travel with intelligence so with bike or with public transit so reduce our ecological footprint!! Travelling is good but intelligent travel is better!

Marc Monot

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Donguy Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:39 pm

I love to travel, it allows to discover new people, diverse places and new cultures and customs.
When I was in the fifth grade, I went to London with my class for two weeks and slept with the locals. I was able to discover a large part of the London tourist places (London Eye, Big-Ben...). Moreover, when I was a year ten pupil, I left (still with my class) in Spain to Madrid. I also slept with the locals. Compared to my first school trip, I was bigger so it allowed me to have more contact with my host family and therefore speak Spanish. I was gone two weeks. I made other trips with my parents.
I would really like to discover North America (New York, Las Vegas).
In my opinion, there are several dangerous places in the world. Countries with internal conflicts, extremely poor countries, countries with a high crime rate such as Venezuela, Sentinel Island, Afghanistan or Iraq.
Finally, I think we need to continue to travel, but perhaps by favouring carpooling for short trips for example, because on the one hand, tourists make it possible to support several countries and cities dependent on tourism. And on the other hand, travelling may be a global warming, but it’s not the only one responsible. If travellers have to make an effort, then all those responsible for global warming must do the same. Between travellers and those responsible for deforestation who contribute the most to global warming ?
And in the idea of travelling, we find all personal trips but also all humanitarian trips of public order for countries in war, countries suffering from famine so traveling remains important.

Mathilde Donguy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by léa.tallon Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Personally I would like to travel a lot, on foot, by bike, on horseback even and to go from country to country like that. I also have as a future project to do humanitarian work, traveling and helping is just perfect. For the moment the problem is the money because right now I'm just ruined. Besides, I love giving presents so my money goes everywhere but in my piggy bank. So in the meantime I'm waiting and I'm traveling with my parents (good luck) and I'm waiting to be able to pay for my trips alone. I've also planned a small weekend for next year in October with my boyfriend :) ( annnww so cuteeeee ) and after that I also have much more expensive projects but I'll have to row.

léa.tallon

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by corantin E Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:35 pm

Since a long time, i dream to travel on the hispanic country as Spanish or Argentina, because i like a language, the culture and food. I would like to go in Spanish for see play FC Barcelona.
I would like to go in United States for supported my favourite NBA team, San Antonio Spurs. It's amazing country except now with the mess that to cause Donald Trump. But a barrier is on my path, i don't speak English.
It's true to travel is amazing moment but it pollutes a lot enter planes, train and the trafic jams on the highway; so let's carpool with our friends or used public transport and electric car.

corantin E

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amélie Reutenauer Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:23 pm

Travelling is the best way to open your mind, to discover new cultures and new populations. Obviously like many people I love to travel. Most of my travels were in France but they allowed me to learn a lot of things because in our country the customs are not the same everywhere and the landscapes all have a certain charm.
Otherwise my favorite trip abroad was to Spain in Barcelona, the Spanish were very welcoming, the streets were colorful and the food was very good of course.

amélie Reutenauer

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty WEEK 3 - TRAVEL

Post by Vigié Alexis Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:37 pm

For me, travelling is a way to free your mind, to see new horizons, to learn a new culture. For my part I have traveled only twice, both times to Spain, once to the northeast to San Sebastian and the other time to the center of Spain, in the capital to Madrid. These two trips were two good trips and despite the fact that it was in the same country, I found two different cultures. The city of San Sebastian has a "Basque" side, a kind of small province while madrid has a "royal" side especially since it is located in the central part of the Kingdom of Spain.

Vigié Alexis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthonin Garnier Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Every year I go to Germany for the holiday season. After twelve hours in the car we arrive in the village of butzbart pret de Franckfort. We visit the different Christmas markets, we take advantage of the good smells of food such as curried sausages and the smell of mulled wine... Then comes Christmas evening there are a lot of people around the table, the decorated tree, the gifts, the food, it really is something magical. We visit the region the following days, it is very beautiful and even more so when there is snow. There is after New Years Eve or, there is another fantastic meal. Then the return day arrives and it's off again for twelve hours of driving.

Anthonin Garnier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ewan Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:22 pm

travelling is one of the most exciting things that i know, the chance to learn how other cultures work and understand them is just incredible, it is one of the things i would love to do. i have been traveling a bit, to Corsica, to England, or even Spane, but i would love to go even further, to be able to grasp the understand of all the people, to be able to live what they live, do what they do, and tell the stories to my children.

ewan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elisa VINCENT Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:39 pm

I like travel a lot, I travelled with my family, friends and school. I have already been in Croatia (four times on all the odds with my family), Italia(one time in Naples, Capri…with my family), Spain(five time in Barcelona, Bilbao… with my family, friends and school), England(one time in London with my familly), Mallorca (Island of Spain in palma and near the sea with my family), Wales(one time in Cardiff with school) and Poland(one time in Cracovie, Varsovie with school). It was rich in experiences and very interesting culturally. I have long dreamed of going to the United States, precisely in New York like many teenagers, but in recent years I really want to go around the world to discover as many countries and culture, languages etc... I also want to teach sports in Hawaï for some years, for the waves and the landscape.

Elisa VINCENT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty Travel

Post by Nina Brissonnet Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:43 am

I am very lucky because my parents love to travel so I was able to visit many places in the world like Greece, Rhode, Egypt, Turkey, Dominican Republic, Thailand, Zanzibar, Vietnam, the island Mauritius, Spain, Andalusia and Germany with my class, I had to go to Spain with my class but because of the covid the trip had to be canceled.
My favorite trips are Thailand and Vietnam, the people are really nice and the landscapes are beautiful. All the travels taught me things like the many cultures in the countries, the different ways of life and the many landscapes.
My next dream trip is Bali.

Nina Brissonnet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by valentin.faydel Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:29 am

I not realy wan't tobtravel in a particular country. For exemple I wan't to go to Tahiti to see my cousin than I can't see for 8 years. I wan't to go in japan for discover this country than I have discover with manga. But for me the principal is to travel with my friends or my family. Because even a bad travel can be good with your family and friends.

valentin.faydel

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty travel

Post by Gaëtan GARCIA Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:34 am

Luckily, I've made many travels in my life. We had the chance to travel to foreign countries. Indeed I have been to Vietnam when I was about 5 years old and I still have some memories of this journey. I remember the walk we did in the rice field, it was awesome. In 2012 my father had the opportunity to bring us in Kenya to visit the country. This was an amazing week. We did an incredible safari in the national parc Mara. It was like the documentaries on Tv with the lanscapeS, the animals, the lions, the crocodiles... We have also spent a night into a Masaï village. We could have discovered the new generation of Masaî who stands between the traditional way of life and the globalization. I'm glad to have made such travels and I look forward to discover new countries.
I hope to hike in tibet this might be an incredible experience.

Gaëtan GARCIA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivier Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:28 am

Hi everybody ! I love to travel, even though I haven’t traveled a lot in my life. I’m going to tell you about a trip that really struck me. I was at the college and it was a trip organized by this one. We went to lozère, in central France. It was a very rewarding trip and I loved it.We practiced caving, via ferrata, climbing in the gym, climbing, or even canoeing in the gorges of the tarne.To summarize this trip, I would say that I had fun throughout the week while learning some aspects of nature and community life. I loved this trip like I said.

Olivier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty Vadim subject 3

Post by Vadim Cano Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:29 am

When I was 10 years old I went to China, I don’t have much to tell about interesting because at that time I didn’t have the vision I have today and I didn’t realize how lucky I was. Funfact: my dad made me eat dog and said it was chicken I loved … and then spit out right away

Vadim Cano

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 Subject - Travel Empty Week 3 - Travel

Post by Romain HUMBERT Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:45 am

When I was young (5-6 years old) I've been in Indonesia and Andalusia but I'm very sad because I was too young so I don't remember most of the trips. I've also been in the West Indies for the wedding anniversary of my parents and it was very cool but also very very hot.
Now, I love travelling so I would like to go everywhere but especially I would like to go in Boston to see the Celtics play, I would kile to go in Japan because I love their culture and their language. Usually, if there was not the Covid this year I sould have gone to Sri Lanka or South Africa but it has been cancelled so I'll do it next year and I'm eager !

Romain HUMBERT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maxine navarro Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:31 pm

i have not traveled much in my life but I would like to say thanks you to my high school which is 10 minutes from my home thank you very much.
no seriously thanks to my high school, two years ago I was able to go to an extraordinary country that is Sweden more precisely the south of Sweden in karlskrona during one week with a Sweden correspondant.

maxine navarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next