UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects

+17
Bedon hugo
Anthony Lopez
Mathieu Lafaurie
clémence.varin
sicatal
Léna Le Bondé
Romain Robert
Pardoux Emma
Théo Ben Saada
Emeline CROUZEAUD
Paul Teillet
Nathan Fivet
camille crochet
Chris Boutenet Lardy
Ropied
Thomas_Charp
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects Empty Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:49 am

Thanks to Mathieu for this interesting topic. What do you think of Elon Musk? He has many projects and ideas, which do you like, not like etc...

Last edited by Admin on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects Empty Re: Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:13 am

Well it's 8:12 and I can only see 3 active students online. I'll have to check that the rest of you have already done your work for this week. Next week you'll have to be up because you're giving your presentation on WEBEX. Not present online then 0 for the mark affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects Empty Re: Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:44 am

8:42 and no-one giving me a suggestion. I'm feeling lonely. Just checked an most of you have been on UPdago over the last day to work. That's good. but you still need to put your APP subjects up on this site by creating your own thread. Those that haven't been on in the last 7+ days I'll email to see if you have a problem later today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas_Charp Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:14 am

Admin wrote:Well it's 8:12 and I can only see 3 active students online. I'll have to check that the rest of you have already done your work for this week. Next week you'll have to be up because you're giving your presentation on WEBEX. Not present online then 0 for the mark affraid

Hello sir, about that we can have your link for Webex please because I don't have it

Thomas_Charp

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:06 am

Thomas_Charp wrote:
Admin wrote:Well it's 8:12 and I can only see 3 active students online. I'll have to check that the rest of you have already done your work for this week. Next week you'll have to be up because you're giving your presentation on WEBEX. Not present online then 0 for the mark affraid

Hello sir, about that we can have your link for Webex please because I don't have it

I gave it to you with the work for this week:

https://updago.univ-poitiers.fr/course/view.php?id=7512#section-1

https://univ-poitiers.webex.com/meet/john.cox
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects Empty Elon Musk by Roro :)

Post by Ropied Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:17 am

Elon Musk is a South African entrepreneur, business leader and engineer. This summer, he again unveiled crazy projects such as autonomous vehicles, space tourism, hyperloop or even the water car. It even aims to sell its tickets to go to Mars for less than 100,000 dollars, which is relatively "cheap" considering the usual cost. Another Elon Musk project is to connect our brains to artificial intelligence in order to facilitate the use of smartphones by people with reduced mobility because they will have directly what they want to watch in their news feed. So there is a lot to say about this character but the least we can say is that he has not finished impressing us!

Ropied

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas_Charp Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:18 pm

For the subject :

Elon Musk is a multi-billionaires who found multiple the society like SpaceX, Tesla, Zip2, Neuralink.
In my opinion Elon Musk is a very intelligent person who got hard goal just like go to Mars. He create some great project like a rocket that could return to a certain postion while before this type of rocket just fall in the water. It's not the only project that I think it's very cool, I talk about the Tesla and also the cybertruck.
But I think neuralink, one project of Elon Musk, it's dangerous because it's concern the brain and the brain is one of the most precious part of our body so yes it's a positive way but the brain is a overpowering machine which is very difficult to understand or modify.

Thomas_Charp

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects Empty Elon Musk Chris

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Elon Musk is an American multi-billionaire, for his fortune is 91.1 billion dollars. He is notably known for being the CEO of Space X and Tesla.
His craziest projects are to send people to Mars to inhabit this new planet, then by his brand of car, he wants to provide as many people as possible with his electric cars. Finally for a few years he has set up trips in space to feel the effects of weightlessness but these trips are very expensive.
He is a very ambitious person and I like that kind of personality however these projects are mainly geared towards rich people.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:26 pm

Elon Musk is a South African entrepreneur, business manager and engineer. He is President and Chief Executive Officer of SpaceX and Chief Executive Officer of Tesla. He is also the founder of The Boring Company, a tunnel construction company, and Neuralink, a neurotechnology company.
Indeed, Elon Musk has some crazy new plans, like colonizing Mars... and he’s even sure he’ll be able to send thousands of Earthlings to Mars by 2040. I don’t think it’s a good idea seeing what we’ve done with the Earth. He also intends to invent the Hyperloop, a train that would be able to exceed the speed of sound. But is that really possible?
And the last project I wanted to share is to give Internet access to ALL human beings (we're talking about 7 billion people!). To achieve this, he wants to send thousands of microsatellites into low earth orbit for broadband access across the entire planet Earth.

camille crochet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fivet Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Elon Musk is an entrepreneur and engineer. He is CEO of Space X and Tesla. He is a very intelligent and remarkable person, especially when you see these many projects which are very interesting.
First of all, I find his Tesla projectgood, indeed for me the electric car is a symbol of the future. In addition, I personally find the design quite cool.
Elon Musk has another project which is to colonized Mars. Personally, I do not find it good, I think that we have destroyed enough our planet and that we should not destroy another by going to colonize them. It can start from a good principle, but humans are capable of anything.
Another interesting project is to land his rockets. Indeed it is a interesting project especially when we see that when a rocket takes off, half of it ends up in space and it pollutes the space enormously.
Finally, Elon Musk remains a very intelligent person with beautiful projects, but who goes a little too much with ever more incredible projects.

Nathan Fivet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:03 pm

Elon Musk is the creator of Tesla (the electric cars, batteries and solar energy products), he is the founder of SpaceX which is an company for astronautics and space flights. He is also the founder of The Boring Company and Neuralink.
My impression is that this man has a real impact on the future, In 2013 he invented the concept of The Hyperloop which is like a train who can roll to 1500km/h.
Then, he wants to conquer Mars and to bring 1 million of humans there by 2050 in case of there is an apocalypse on Earth so the life can continue somewhere else.
I like this type of person because it allow to make great advances in the world, and I like all his projects, in particular the electric cars because these cars produces less pollution than normal cars so it is a lot better for the environment. And I also like the idea of conquering Mars but I think it's also dangerous to bring that much people on Mars in so little time, we should be careful and sure that the missions will be successful.

Paul Teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Elon Musk is originally from South Africa and obtained Canadian and American nationality. He is a businessman in many different areas. He is the CEO of "Tesla", which under his chairmanship became an electric car manufacturing company. In 2013, Elon Musk started a project of new transport even faster than the plane and much less polluting: the "hyperloop". This car-shaped system in a tunnel makes it possible to go at nearly speed of sound and with a poor energy stroke. But, the installation is complicated, to follow in the next few years...

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects Empty Elon Musk

Post by Théo Ben Saada Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:13 am

Elon Musk is a South African entrepreneur, business leader and engineer He is the Chairman and CEO (CEO) of SpaceX Corporation and CEO of Tesla Corporation. He is also the founder of The Boring Company, a tunnel building company, and Neuralink, a neurotechnology company. In the 2000s, he made Tesla a mainstream manufacturer of electric cars.
In short, Elon Musk is Tony stark but without his charisma and his style. For me Elon Musk is someone who thinks a lot about the future problems that humanity will encounter such as killer robots and the overpopulation of the Earth but that doesn't make him a revolutionary. I like the idea of ​​anticipating what will happen later in order to better face it, but sometimes you have to know how to live with your time and take care of the present problems.

Théo Ben Saada

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject Elon Musk and his projects Empty Elon Musk

Post by Pardoux Emma Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:52 pm

It's a very intersting subject because before that I don't know who are Elon Musk. I know the brand Tesla but I don't it's him the co founder and CEO of this company.
Elon is responsible for the product design, engineering and global production of the company's electric vehicles, batteries and solar-powered products in Tesla. He is also chief designer of SpaceX, he oversees the development of rockets and spacecraft for flight missions in Earth orbit and beyond, to other planets. Also the CEO of Neuralink, a company that designs high-speed brain-machine interfaces to connect humans and computers.And launched The Boring Company, which combines fast and affordable tunneling technology with a fully electric public transport system to reduce overwhelming urban congestion and enable high-speed travel over long distances.
Elon Musk is a very genius man, he have got many skills in different fields. He still has projects to achieve, each crazier than the next like the Hyperloop, it's a train who can go to 1 200km/h, is not composed of wagons but of capsules, propelled in hermetic tubes on air cushions. In the first the capsules go from 640 kù/h so you can do paris to London in 22 min that incrdible.

Pardoux Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:43 pm

I didn't know what to say about Elon Musk, so I went to Google Images and wrote Elon Musk in the search bar. I then saw lots of pictures of him and it inspired me a lot so let's talk about him. But only on his physique. First there is a photo where he appears to be 30 and another where he appears to be 48. However, his charming little smile and his mischievous look do not leave me indifferent, something is happening between us. in short all that to say that despite his age Elon Musk and very beautiful.

It was romain robert

Romain Robert

Luca Maroleau and sicatal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:26 am

Elon Musk is a famous entrepreneur and engineer. He is an American multi-billionaire, for his fortune is 91.1 billion dollars. He is the Chairman and CEO of SpaceX Company and CEO of Tesla Company. SpaceX becomes in 2020 the first private organization in the world to send astronauts into space. He is also the founder of The Boring Company, a tunnel building company, and Neuralink, a neurotechnology company.
Elon Reeve Musk was born on June 28, 1971 in Pretoria, South Africa. He is the son of an Anglo-South African engineer Errol Musk, and Maye Haldeman, Canadian nutritionist and model. He is widely recognized worldwide for the many companies he manages and owns. He made a big name for himself in the world of business and engineering.

Léna Le Bondé

Back to top Go down

Post by sicatal Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:32 pm

i finally have my connection back so let's talk about Elon Musk. A lot of people have already talked about his achievement sand his story and there's no interest in saying things that have been said before. That's why i wan't to talk about his Son. Musk and Grimes (his wife) named their baby X Æ A-12 Musk. What a weird name for a baby ! Some are saying that this "name-code" has a signification but it's really strange. Let's imagine in class like wow when the teacher calls you . . .
But honnestly i think that when you have a father that known and rich your name doesn't really matter you already know that you'll have a good life even if you don't even work.

sicatal

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clémence.varin Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:20 pm

Nowadays, we are more and more curious about area such as technologic, scientific or event spatial one.
So, some people are investing in those area.
Elon Musk, a South-African engineer/ businessman, is using all the means in his power to learn new spatial and astronautic knowledge. Thus, he created SpaceX, a company that want to reduce space transportation costs to enable the colonization of Mars.
Furthermore, Elon Musk is also CEO of Tesla, an American electric vehicle and clean energy company.

clémence.varin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Lafaurie Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:55 pm

We know Elon Musk as the the founder of SpaceX and CEO Tesla.
But he recently created a new project named Neuralink. Like this others, this project is turned to the future. It's a small electronic chip implanted in the crane and connected to the brain thanks to littles wires which are imlanted directly in the brain.
The first goal is to treat neurological diseases, but in a second time, if the chips are reliables, it may give back the motor skills for the lower-limb paralysis and tetraplegics.
There still are many ethicals questions on this project, will we become machines ? Is it only for rich people or it will be available for everyone who need it ?
The answer in few years or maybe months.

Mathieu Lafaurie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:09 pm

I'll be honest when I hear about elon Musk the first thing that comes to my mind are these Tesla electric cars which to me are the best electric cars on the market today. These are vehicles that allow a fairly large range in terms of distance, they are very pretty for me, and their price is not excessive compared to other equivalent cars from other brands.
It was only after Tesla that I became interested in the ambitious project that elon Musk was supporting to develop sustainable energy and artificial intelligence. He is a person who has this ambition to always want to get things done and create new things, he is part of those people who do not wait for things to change but who act to make them change.

Anthony Lopez

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:46 pm

For me Elon Musk is the most ambitious person I know. it has greatly improved the electric car industry. With his Tesla elon musk has put a huge competition on electric cars. His Tesla are undisputed models of technology and probably the future of the car. There are also negative points but this entrepreneur is surely a person who must never sleep. Indeed we see so many projects which are related to him but which seem impossible like sending one of his tesla into space or when we see that he has his own aerospace engineering company (SPace X) we can only admire this person. It’s impossible to sum up all of this man's prowess in a few lines but for me he is a visionary who will long be written in history books

Bedon hugo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jonas Jamai Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:49 am

Elon musk is a great men for some people, after I don't really care. I like the tesla car, it's the most important thing. I like teslas because it's fast, really fast cars. According to Wikipedia he have a South African nationality. It's not interesting, but it's good to know it.
Jonas

jonas Jamai

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:59 pm

Currently and without doubt Elon Musk is today one of the most powerful businessmen in the world. Even if he met some difficulties his path was all mapped out. Indeed, born of an engineer father and a model mother, the young South African was educated through reading and culture. After having his first computer at 12 years old the young boy codes his first videogames and sells it for 500$. This was start point of his incredible businessman story. In 1995, he creates with his brother Zip2 (a directory to find local businessmen) which was buy by Compaq for 300 000 000$.
After work in bank sector he realises the importance of internet and he decides to creates X.com ( online bank), in 2001 he fuses with Paypal and after few years Paypal was buy by Ebay for 1 500 000 000$.
After receiving so much money, you and I would have decided to stop working and live our best life. But Elon Musk don’t see money as an end but as a way to accomplish his projects. This is the moment when his passion of sci-fi comes into play. In effect, he created two companies. In one hand SpaceX in order to reduce the price of spaces travels and send humans on Mars. And in the other hand he becames the director of Tesla so as to create electric car. These two projects are crown of success ( just for the moment he doesn’t bring human on Mars but according to him we gonna go and Mars in 2050). Although he searchs to send humans on other planet, he is very invest to give our world best to the image of these two companies Solar City and Neuralink.

Luca Maroleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aperri25 Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:49 am

Elon Musk is a South African multi-billionaire entrepreneur and entrepreneur, naturalized Canadian engineer, he is the founder of SpaceX and Zip 2.
He is a brilliant and very intelligent man who proposes ambitious and very interesting projects like his projects on artificial intelligence which aims to help all of humanity. It also combats global warming through the production and consumption of sustainable energy.
His company SpaceX becomes in 2020 the first private organization in the world to send astronauts into space.

aperri25

Back to top Go down

Post by lmaricot Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:40 pm

i think, today in developed nations, 90% of the population has heard at least 1 time someone talk about elon musk and what he did. This genius and fundator of space x is one of the guyswho influence the world, make him evolved and did some things really fantabulous if we can say that. For exemple, space X is the creator of tesla, the firssst 100% electric and automatic car on the market. A car without conductor it'sjust crazy

lmaricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down