UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 subject

+17
BABEAU Clémence
Théo Ben Saada
Ropied
jonas Jamai
clémence.varin
Anthony Lopez
Bedon hugo
Nathan Fivet
Chris Boutenet Lardy
Luca Maroleau
Landry NAULEAU
Léna Le Bondé
Paul Teillet
Thomas_Charp
camille crochet
Emeline CROUZEAUD
Admin
21 posters

Go down

Week 1 subject Empty Week 1 subject

Post by Admin Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:31 am

Clothes in class! What should you wear, what shouldn't you wear, does it matter? What do the clothes you wear tell people about you? Are clothes a good indicator for first impressions? What is the most important piece of clothing? Or anything else you have to say....

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject Empty Re: Week 1 subject

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:44 pm

Clothes in classes are often debated. Each person has his one style and it has become an argument for judging others. Clothing makes the first impression of the person you want to see yourself because it is a visual element that can remain in memory. In classes, this an obligation to have a correct clothes. But everyone has his interpretation, the subject is being talked now... It is the freedom of the individual to dress as he wants but it is also to limited differences and potential dangerous people that in class there are certain dress rules.

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:31 pm

At the moment, « clothes in class » it’s a famous subject.
Since the beginning of the school year, some girls have been revolting on social networks following remarks about their « inappropriate » dress.
In fact, to go to school it takes a proper outfit, like to go to work or to an appointment, but some remarks made by high school principals or supervisors have been displaced.
So on Twitter, a movement was created on « #14septembre » for girls to come in clothes deemed « inappropriate » by the school.

camille crochet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas_Charp Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:32 am

This month, a subject has pop up and creates a polemic. This subject is about the clothes in class, to be more precise, some girls/ women comes at the school with "indecent" clothes. To conter this, on monday 14 september, girls went at the school with "indecent" clothes on purpose so that this subject would no longer be a polemic subject. With this subject, we can think about what are indecent clothes ?
The clothes are the first thing that we see when we meet peoples and with the clothes that we wear it's give us an idea of what kind of person we are and we've got in front of us. According to this, we've got an different expression and a different way to express your opinion with that person because we don't want to argue and it's also because of that that some people wear decent clothes, speak nicely and smile when we talk to them.
In my opinion, we don't have to talk about this because it's just like when we talk about stereotypes and I think we can wear some "indecent" clothes without being very indecent just like wearing underwear and that's all in public, it's indecent but just wearing a jumper where you can see a bit of your belly is not indecent in my opinion.

Thomas_Charp

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:33 pm

The past week, the 14th september we assisted to a movement where women were clothed less than usually because they were sick of being discriminated because of there clothes.
The movement denounces sexism in class.
My opinion is that it will not change the mentality with this, it’s too small to change the ideas of clothes and to change the rules in school.
Personally, I think girls are free to get dressed as they want, their shouldn’t be rules for that because it’s a way to express your own style and it’s a part of our identity.

Paul Teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:06 pm

I think that the clothes we wear to school should reveal our motivation and our personality. I think we can't afford to wear things that are too short or too vulgar, we have to ask ourselves if our clothes would be "well seen" during a job interview, or in front of our boss. You have to know how to make a difference between school, apprenticeship, and outdoor life. This does not prevent you from dressing well and feeling good about yourself with clothes that are out of the ordinary. In my opinion, the way we dress is a social factor for our success.

Léna Le Bondé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Landry NAULEAU Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:14 pm

In general, the dress code very varied according to the people, their cultures, their origines and their desires.
About the dress code "in class", it's normal for me that people dress like they want.
In my opinion, nobody should be discriminated because their dress code is too vulgar or becaus their dress code is too decontract. For me, everyone dresses as they like, no offense to some. Finally, If the authorities don't like it, they have only imposed a uniform, however this is not the case and obviously they don't have the right to ban the way we dress. We are in the country of "human rights".

Landry NAULEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:17 pm

Landry NAULEAU wrote:In general, the dress code very varied according to the people, their cultures, their origines and their desires.
About the dress code "in class", it's normal for me that people dress like they want.
In my opinion, nobody should be discriminated because their dress code is too vulgar or becaus their dress code is too decontract. For me, everyone dresses as they like, no offense to some. Finally, If the authorities don't like it, they have only imposed a uniform, however this is not the case and obviously they don't have the right to ban the way we dress. We are in the country of "human rights".

Do you think it is okay for someone to wear sexually provocative clothing in a class situation?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:37 pm

The subject of the clothes in the classroom is topical and controversial at the moment, this is why i chose this subject for this week. Contrary to what we think we are not free to wear what we desire and unfortunately women are more prône to receive remarks about the way they dress. Then, yes i am agree, anyone has to wear appropriate outfit but how can a skirt above the knees, a dress or even a tank top can be considerate as a inappropriate outfit ?
According to me, what should be abolished are the remarks made by pupils and supervisors who are responsible for perpetuating the cult of rape and democratising the wearing of these outfits.
For this i think we should give at classes good manners courses in wich we should make the youngest people aware of the need to learn to respect themselves.

Luca Maroleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject Empty Clothes in class

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:47 pm

For me it doesn't matter what outfit a person wears, everyone is free to wear what they want, but you shouldn't be too provocative.
Clothes can tell what we are going to do as an activity, for example, they also provide information on our social environment.
Finally for me the most important element in an outfit are the shoes because it is this element that makes the difference in an outfit, if you have beautiful shoes, your outfit will be all the more beautiful.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Luca Maroleau wrote:The subject of the clothes in the classroom is topical and controversial at the moment, this is why i chose this subject for this week. Contrary to what we think we are not free to wear what we desire and unfortunately women are more prône to receive remarks about the way they dress.  Then, yes i am agree, anyone has to wear appropriate outfit but how can a skirt above the knees, a dress or even a tank top can be considerate as a inappropriate outfit ?
According to me, what should be abolished are the remarks made by pupils and supervisors who are responsible for perpetuating the cult of rape and democratising the wearing of these outfits.
For this i think we should give at classes good manners courses in wich we should make the youngest people aware of the need to learn to respect themselves.

I think education should be about much more than knowledge and "manners" "empathy" and "acceptance of others" would all be good lessons. Parents must also take far more responsibility and teach their children manners and respect.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Luca Maroleau likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:07 pm

Chris Boutenet Lardy wrote:For me it doesn't matter what outfit a person wears, everyone is free to wear what they want, but you shouldn't be too provocative.
Clothes can tell what we are going to do as an activity, for example, they also provide information on our social environment.
Finally for me the most important element in an outfit are the shoes because it is this element that makes the difference in an outfit, if you have beautiful shoes, your outfit will be all the more beautiful.

shoes can tell you a lot about a person. I always used to take great notice of the shoes a person wore. Although I like the general opinion that we should be able to wear whatever we want it isn't really practical and in some cases desirable. We can't do some sports wearing Doc Martens or a onesie for example.

I also find it hypocritical that Muslims aren't allowed to wear traditional dress but others can wear provocative clothing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fivet Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Clothes in class is a real debate. Personally, a person's clothes can give a good or a bad impression. I don't really like people who judge another because he is badly or less well dressed than him. That's why I find the idea of having a uniform in the classroom interesting.
However I think everyone has the right to dress as they like without having to worry about derogatory remarks from other people.

Nathan Fivet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:13 am

this subject can be sensitive with some people who defend it. I saw people on social media talking about this on September 14th and these people were outraged that in 2020 girls cannot dress the way they want. However, we must not forget that boys too are not allowed to wear anything at school. And in my opinion, it’s normal that we have to have an outfit adapted to the place where we are. I absolutely do not see one day coming to a court and seeing a lawyer and a judge in a tank top. I agree it’s normal to defend the right to dress as you want, however there are places where certain codes should not be exceeded

Bedon hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:19 am

For my part I think that everyone can dress as they wish, if tomorrow you want to come and dress in a skirt why not and I am sure that it would please Hugo who himself appreciates dressing in a skirt. It is the ideas that people have of a dress which is problematic, if a girl dresses with a skirt and a neckline it is inevitably a slut, as for a muscular guy who dresses with t-shirts tight it is a hot bunny. After each person must have a some limit. After the way we dress in class it doesn't matter because we have to focus on the class and not watch how everyone is dressed. After that, you have to respect everyone's way of dressing.

Anthony Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:34 am

Nathan Fivet wrote:Clothes in class is a real debate. Personally, a person's clothes can give a good or a bad impression. I don't really like people who judge another because he is badly or less well dressed than him. That's why I find the idea of having a uniform in the classroom interesting.
However I think everyone has the right to dress as they like without having to worry about derogatory remarks from other people.

I used to have to wear a uniform at secondary school. I found it quite a good idea.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clémence.varin Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:05 am

Nowadays there are many styles of clothing according to the personality of each. We are beginning to realize that beyond the criteria of fashion, we dress for ourselves and not for others. On September 14, 2020, there was a movement by girls in high schools to normalize and protest against the discrimination that we may suffer. Indeed, many outfits are considered "provocative" in many places and this is not acceptable (under penalty of being excluded). But if it’s 35° obviously we’re not going to dress with a sweater and pants our body also wants to breathe. It should not be the outfit the problem but rather the look that one takes. Each style should be accepted in schools because by "normalizing" a little outfit at school, once out it might lend less to harassment or mockery.

clémence.varin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jonas Jamai Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:40 am

Each person has his closing style, so each person has the right to dress as they want when they want. The way you dress represents you, it's the first impression you give on you is the way you dress up. It's the first thing you see about someone, and you already have an idea of this person even if you don't know him. The way you present you to the world does matter. So if in school we ask children to go to class dress correctly it's for them and it's normal. In some countries, there is a uniform and in France, we have the right to dress as we want but we must respect the rules of the place we go, if it's school the rules of the school if it's at work it's the rules of the offices.

jonas Jamai

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject Empty Clothes in class by Ropied :)

Post by Ropied Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:07 am

From my point of view and regarding the dress code in class, it is normal for people to dress as they wish.
There should be no prohibition and obligation on how to dress and if so, it should be preferable and compulsory to wear the uniform for everyone, which will limit the debates on this subject.
So, I would like everyone to dress as they want, for example, just because a girl puts on a skirt or a neckline that she offends people and that she is looking for something.
But I find it horrible to forbid the way we dress.

Ropied

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject Empty Clothes week 1

Post by Théo Ben Saada Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:31 pm

The questions you are asking us are very difficult to answer, but I will give you my point of view. First of all, the fact of wearing a uniform common to all the students is a very controversial issue because on the one hand it seeks discrimination between students on their clothing and thus avoid judgment between them but this method also limits the expression of oneself through clothing which can even go so far for some people to slow them down in their individual development, especially when we know how much today young pupils and / or students look for themselves personally. Two things, what clothes can indicate about the person, I think it depends on the context because people judge themselves on the streets and from their personal experiences think they can guess what kind of person is in front of them or it is wrong a person can very well be invited somewhere for a date and therefore dress well accordingly, people will tell each other at first that this girl or this boy is spending his time flirting when they do not understand. only once and that person usually dresses in jogging. I find it very pretentious and reductive to think that you can know a person or define them just by looking at their clothes, for me you shouldn't judge someone by their clothes when you don't know what is really going on in their life.

Théo Ben Saada

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject Empty Clothes in class

Post by BABEAU Clémence Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:55 am

The classroom is a public place where everyone must respect the others. Respect for everyone in class also depends on the clothes we wear. It's not about dressing covered from head to toe, it's just about not being pushy.
The clothes you wear can convey a message or can say a lot about who you are. However this is not always true because as we say "do not trust appearances". But I still think clothes are a good indicator of people's first impressions. For me the most important clothes are sweatshirts and shoes.

BABEAU Clémence

Back to top Go down

Post by sicatal Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:20 pm

I've made an amazing text but my connection is so bad that i've lost it all but if i have to sum up what i was saying, i would say that beiing nice dressed is really important to seduce ladies and i really want to seduce a lot of girls so i have to be well dressed everyday, in class AND in nightclubs also. Have a nice day.
(message to my classmates) Btw alcohool isn't good for your health so drink less give it all to me.

sicatal

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Robert Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Already, I am very happy to write for the first time this year.
Regarding clothes: I think that in our society they have too much space. Clothes should just be practical, in our society they are a mark of wealth and taste. This is why I proclaim nudism: to erase any mark of wealth and therefore of inequality.
it was romain robert

Romain Robert

sicatal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 1 subject Empty week 1 subject

Post by aperri25 Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:32 am

For me, clothes are a representation of our personality, so that's why each person must have the right to wear what they want. There is a lot of debate around dress code. We hear that the outfit is too short or even provocative and that often for girls ... Why would a person not have the right to wear that thing that he likes even if it does not fit in the "codes" each person must be free to do what he wants.

aperri25

Back to top Go down

Post by lmaricot Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Clothes at school is actually in the center of the attention in of a lot of conflicts about school and students. We have a lot of arguments in the both sides, effectively we are in 2020 and i think everbody is in the capacity to choose what he want to wear and to show what he whant toshow, so you can wear what you want, but in the other side you have school, school is a "job" so you have a statues to maintain, you will not go to kebab and see the chief almost naked, and in school you have some people who could be schocked by some clothes.
So in my opinion you need to wear what you want but you have to respect the other's point of view too

lmaricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down