UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homework: Film review Thread

+13
Troubady Antony
VILNOT Corentin
Fanny T.
Laetitia Duminy
Luc Rideau
Marion Bonnet
luc16
Franck SAINTVOIRIN
De Sousa Gaëtan
Bruneau
Clément CC
Rougeau Jérémy
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Homework: Film review Thread Empty Homework: Film review Thread

Post by Admin Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:47 am

L2, This is where you post your film reviews. 100 - 150 words about your favourite film and why I should watch it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Homework: Film review Thread Empty Re: Homework: Film review Thread

Post by Rougeau Jérémy Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:36 am

Into the Wild:
Into the wild was written and directed by Sean Penn in 2007. It’s an adaptation of the book with the same name written by Jon Krakauer in 1996. The main character, Christopher McCandless, is played by Emile Hirsch. It’s a biographical film which tell us the real story of a man who decides to leave everything at the end of his studies. He starts a travel across the USA with Alaska for final destination. The story takes place in the 1990’s. We can see a lot of different landscapes but it’s above all an atypical human story with great characters. I really enjoyed this movie. It stills my favorite one today. Another good point is the music. Eddie Vedder composed all the tracks in the movie and I even bought the album.
To sum up, I recommend this movie to people who like adventure and wild story far away from classic society.Homework: Film review Thread 0mrlQ3iCiBNbxFjWK0iKMC7DEIdLYWjnm2TVWngdiazKTL6fvfk2PFPJ-M5fruyMf54nGw=w300

Rougeau Jérémy

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément CC Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:08 pm

I Am Legend is an American apocalyptic film directed by Francis Lawrence, released on December 14, 2007. The film is adapted from the novel by American author Richard Matheson published in 1954 and is a 1971 remake of The Boy Who Lived. This is a story based on the disease of cancer in 2009, a scientist found what appears to be the vaccine. However, the joy was short-lived because the vaccine kills the least resistant mutated humans and others. The evacuation of survivors on boats is a failure, no finding cure for new virus that decimates humanity. The last hope is named Dr. Robert Neville played by Will Smith. In addition to his extensive knowledge in medicine, it is immunized against the virus and has a highly equipped laboratory in his home. It is the latest New York and he spends his days with his various experiments. Also many mutated humans are present in New York, but can not come out of hiding during the day. Many adventures are present in this film full of twists and sometimes not comodes meetings in a city like New York.
This film is one of the best this year 2007/2008 as the main subject in the world was this famous end of the world in 2012, a different alternative to permit a great success.
Furthermore Will Smith plays wonderfully and help his dog we discover large completely deserted avenues while they are usually crowded.
I recommend this film to all the people who love adventure and action with all its dramatic side and end of the world.

Clément CC

Back to top Go down

Homework: Film review Thread Empty I want to talk about ..

Post by Bruneau Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:31 pm

John,  

There are really lots of films that exist. And I havn't a favorite film. So, I'll talk about Trainspotting.
This film is really hard to see. He speaks about a group of friends who are addicted to the crack cocaine. The problem is that they live in substandard apartment and they also use drugs in this apartment Crying or Very sad All have hallucinations, they see children walking ceilings, a young way delve into the dirty toilets of a bar to go get his drugs he wanted to get rid.
I recommend this film to you John because it shows the reality of things when we become addicted to drugs and especially the hard drug. I would never be so, it is too difficult to see but the people around must be even worse than the one who lives this.

Bye John

PS: I know someone that you know Wink

Bruneau

Back to top Go down

Homework: Film review Thread Empty Homework : Wanted

Post by De Sousa Gaëtan Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Hello everybody! I am going to present you a movie which you do not maybe know!
This movie is called "Wanted", and categorizes in action movies.  Smile

The hero Wesley Gibson has all the reasons of the world to be unfortunate. Tyrannized by his boss, manhandled by his office colleagues, deceived and humbled by his girlfriend, this young loser victim of recurring fears, survives only with tranquillizers and with macrobiotic tray meals. Hard in twenty five years...  Crying or Very sad

This is when a girl of dream penetrates her sad life. Fox is a killer of elite, affiliated to an ultrasecret sect: the Brotherhood, the members of which set up themselves as instruments of the Fate. Their secular currency: " a man of person killed, one thousand people of saved "...

The time has come for Wes to succeed of his father and to discover in himself resources, thirst of violence, reflexes and capacities unsuspected. Under the supervision of mysterious and charismatic Sloan and of Fox, Wes begins a rigorous training which is going to make of him the best murderer of the Brotherhood.  Twisted Evil
Become the favorite of the sect, Wes also has the late satisfaction take revenge for his former torturers. But the drunkenness of the power doesn't last forever; soon, he will have to learn what nobody can teach him: draw his own way and control its fate...

I strongly recommend you this movie because for me it did me many reflect.

Picture :                                                                                   And the link for the trailer : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4s0d4_bande-annonce-wanted-choisis-ton-de_shortfilms

Homework: Film review Thread 18939013

De Sousa Gaëtan

Birthday : 1994-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Bruneau wrote:John,  

There are really lots of films that exist. And I havn't a favorite film. So, I'll talk about Trainspotting.
This film is really hard to see. He speaks about a group of friends who are addicted to the crack cocaine. The problem is that they live in substandard apartment and they also use drugs in this apartment Crying or Very sad All have hallucinations, they see children walking ceilings, a young way delve into the dirty toilets of a bar to go get his drugs he wanted to get rid.
I recommend this film to you John because it shows the reality of things when we become addicted to drugs and especially the hard drug. I would never be so, it is too difficult to see but the people around must be even worse than the one who lives this.

Bye John

PS: I know someone that you know Wink

Who Question
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Franck SAINTVOIRIN Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi,

I decided to talk about an american movie, dealing with a former mafia named Paul Maguire (Nicolas Cage) who have to find out his daughter because one night, she disappeared. Indheed, he was informed by the police that there was a burglary in his house, and his daughter was kidnapped, while he was mealin' in a restaurant. When he came back at home, he saw the disorder committed by thugs, and his daughter's friends bleedin'. He decided to track all responsables of this actions, delving into his past. But the true is not what one believes ...
The name of this movie is : Rage (or Tokarev).

Just a hint: Tokarev is a Russian Gun, so you can guess ...

Homework: Film review Thread Imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffr.web.img1.acsta.net%2Fpictures%2F14%2F12%2F10%2F12%2F18%2F173889.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.allocine.fr%2Ffilm%2Ffichefilm_gen_cfilm%3D218663

Franck SAINTVOIRIN

Back to top Go down

Post by luc16 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm

I will talk about a very sad film because i love that ! This film is called "sept vies" (in french of course !) with the famous actor Will Smith who's one of my favourite actor. In fact, i like a lot of his movies like "i am a legend", "hitch, expert en séduction", "hancock", "after earth",'i robot", etc. This is the story of a desesparate and unhappy men who's searching redemption. Yes, it's a very dramatic story, a night, while he was comming home wive his wife, he was vitctim of an accident caused by a very stupid thing... he was playing with his phone when he was driving ! what a stupid man !!! In this accident, 7 persons died whom his wife... Since thisd night, his thing he's responsible of this accident (that is truth on my opinion !) and during all of the movie, he search 7 "disables" persons to make they a gift... his organs to save their lifes ! This movie is very touching and Will Smith realized a great performance !

luc16

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion Bonnet Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:36 am

For me, one of the best action film I see is Eagle Eye.
Jerry and Rachel don't know each other...
Jerry has a twin brother, who dies in an accident. Strange things happen to Jerry at a dizzying pace: a fortune shows up in his bank account, weapons are delivered to his flat, and a voice on his cell phone tells him the police is on his way. He doesn't understand what happened to him. So, he has difficulty in following the voice's instructions. He finds itself chased by the FBI. The voice brings Rachel and Jerry to meet them and to help each other.
She is Rachel Holloman, a single mum and if she doesn't follow instruction, her son will be killed. Together, they are racing through the city, on to a plane, and eventually to the Pentagon. The voice seems to know everything.
Who is behind it, what is being planned, and why Jerry and Rachel?

/Users/bonnetmarion/Desktop/91ZLZ6v3uIL._SL1500_.jpg

Marion Bonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luc Rideau Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:34 pm

I didn’t know which film to talk about until I see Lea’s topic. Indeed, I had two choices, one was Interstellar (best movie I’ve ever seen) but Lea has already chosen it. So I’m going to talk about my second choice. Before, just one word on Interstellar : if you want to see it, watch it in a movie theater because the sensations are completely unbelievable, stronger and increased ! And when you go out after the projection, you’re not the same man anymore !
Well, my second choice. It’s a documentary about Lindsey Vonn. It’s called “Lindsey Vonn : The Climb”. Lindsey is a ski racer, but not any ski racer ! Indeed, she’s the most awarded woman of all time in ski ! She has won 63 times. But two years ago, she had back to back knee injuries (with two surgeries in twelve years). And the documentary is about her rehab and it’s very impressive ! It’s very interesting because you can see (and learn) her behavior to face the injury. I mean you share her questions, her doubts, her adapted training, etc … Mentally, she is very strong. And you discover the ski world and all the ways of trainings (balance exercices overall). When you watch this little movie, you can see how much it’s difficult to perform in sport after an injury. You have to be strong an motivated. Lindsey is the definition herself of real courage and determination. She has never thought to give up, not even a minute. I think that every athlete in the world should follow her example. Now she’s back to competition and the has won again … Well, I would like to be as strong and courageous as her. One day perhaps.

To see the documentary, it exists only in english (without subtitles) on redbull.tv

Luc Rideau

Back to top Go down

Post by Laetitia Duminy Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:09 pm

Hello everybody ! Smile

As you did I will talk about my favourite movie. In fact it is wrong, I don’t really have one because I love watching actions films like all of studio Marvel movies (Avengers, Thor, Iron man,…) and Pirates of the Caribbean. But because we have to choose one I will write about Sherlock Holmes. It is a 2009 British–American action mystery film based on the character of the same name created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. In the film, Holmes and his companion Watson, with aid from former adversary Irene Adler, investigate a series of murders connected to occult rituals. Mark Strong plays the villain Lord Blackwood, who has somehow returned from the dead after his execution with a plot to take over the British Empire using an arsenal of dark arts and new technologies.
I really like this film because I love the story and the personality of Sherlock Holmes. I think Robert Downey, Junior is a very good actor as Johny Depp. They both managed to play very well eccentric characters and it is why I love watching films where they are playing.
So if you like action, mystery and fun I recommend you to watch Sherlock holmes (2009) or a sequel, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows which was released on 2011.

Have a nice day !

Laetitia Duminy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanny T. Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello,
Today I am going to speak to you about one of my best movies.

If I tell you this movie evokes the tolerance and the equality between the people in a country divided on the racial and economic plan? That a man, after 27 years of detention, becomes the first black president of this country? What do you think? INVICTUS, of course.
In 1994, Nelson Mandela becomes the first black president of South Africa. A country which knew years and years of apartheid, racial segregation, and violence.  Nelson Mandela played by Morgan Freeman, wants to gather this country and to make only a single nation. For this, he will stake everything on sport: rugby. His ambition? Winning the World Cup which takes place in South Africa. He asks then for the help of the captain of the Springboks team, François Pienaar (Matt Damon). But the sport can it influence the state of mind of the people? The Springbok team, does manage to create a feeling of national union?
Answer at the end of the movie ..

« I’m the master of my fate, I’m the Captain of my soul »

(Oh, I saw this movie only once, and in English!)

Fanny T.

Back to top Go down

Post by VILNOT Corentin Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:17 am

TED
Ted is an american movie released in 2012.
The principal actors who play in ted are :
- Mark Wahlberg
- Mila Kunis
The storie takes place in Boston, the little guy John Bennett gave off by the other boys. One night he made a wish that his teddy bear will speak, when in the sky he saw a shooting star. In the morning the teddy bear woke up John.. Yes a teddy bear speaks ! During this year the bear became a celebrety but little to little he fell in forget. John became an adult and he fall in love with Lori, ted become an adult to but he prefers prostitute. John have a work, Ted is jobless and like alcohool and drugs.. But his celebrety comes back and he is kidnapped by a fanatic. John and Lori try to find him because the entire world likes ted.

We have to watch TED, it’s a comedy movie and i’m sure that you will love it. This film is just unbelievable, there are jokes in every scenes. Every body will find in TED a piece of themselves, except that he does jokes that we will dare not do. We can only laugh.
Moreover Ted is a bear and if you like teddy bears you will like TED ..

VILNOT Corentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Troubady Antony Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:33 am

Hello John, Very Happy

Today I’ll talk about one of my favorite movies, I will say even see one of the greatest masterpiece : THE GODFATHER

Synopsis : New York, 1945. The Corleone family of Sicilian immigrants, are at the head of a powerful mafia empire led by Don Vito said Godfather. When Sollozzo Tattaglia, another great figure in the middle, Vito offers an association in drug trafficking, he refuses, despite the favorable opinion of his eldest son, Sonny. In order to deal with Sonny tries to kill Sollozzo Vito, but he escapes. His son Michael, a hero of World War II who had always kept away for Family Affairs, volunteered to avenge the ...

Why you recommend this film? Because it is a cult film with great actor like Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, James Caan ... What more to say except that this is one of the greatest film of cinema ! Wink

Troubady Antony

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucille Garelli Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi Everybody Smile

If you want to be scared before going to bed, if you want to spend hours thinking about this film after you watch it, you should watch this :
--> Cloverfield <--
It's an American film from Matt Reeves, it came out in 2008. It's not a horror film, it's a disaster movie, and during all the film, you feel the tension rise a lil more up at every second. In fact, it's one of the first films to be filmed in the style of "REC" (board camera). At the begining of the film, we can see some words appearing on the screen and we understand that we are going to see archives of maybe the American army or the FBI, well, something ultrasecret. Then, when we see the following images, we understand that the film is in fact filmed with a camera like we have at home : we see a couple in holiday during some minutes and it stops all of a sudden; we hear a voice like "how does it work .. I hate technology, I don't understand how to turn on this movie camera.." and another voice like "You're sure the tape is new ?" etc.

We understand at the begining that one of the main characters, Rob, is going to move to Japan. The guy who hold the camera is in charge of recording all the friends of Rob, wishing him good luck for his departure. It stops again, we see now the party, he films people to know if they are having a good time when suddenly, the building where they are spending the evening is shaked by a huge quake. They finally decide to go out and they learn that it's all Manhattan that was touched by this strange shaking... Perhaps something that the secret services or the army couldn't control (anymore maybe...) Like an experience that have gone wrong... But it's all my interpretation, in fact, that's what I like in this film, we don't have any answer, we finaly don't know what it exactly is, why it's here and we don't even know if all the characters survived !

I really enjoy this film because we can have our own interpretation so we can imagin many possibilities. I'm very fond of this kinf of movies because when you see it, you think about it during hours, days, sometimes weeks ! You're like obsessed with it, you're really IN the film. You can have a realist point of view or not, we can found every kind of explication. Another point is the way of filming : it strengthens the fact that it's more realistic than a movie filmed like every others so that we feel the suspense. Sometimes it feels like it's us, the spectator behind the camera, it's like we're living the film...

I hope what I said is going to get you started ! And if one day you see it, tell me what would be your interpretation Wink
Lucille Garelli
Lucille Garelli

Birthday : 1995-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DELESQUE Léo Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Hello everybody! Today I am going to speak to you about my favorite movie which is chassing maverick !
It's a story which talk about a surfer named Jay Moriarity. When he is 15 year old Jay discovers that the mythic Mavericks surf break only at that time, everybody thought that this wave was a legend ! This wave is one of the biggest waves on Eart. So in spite of his young person age, he asked the help of local legend Frosty Hesson to train him to survive it. As Jay and Frosty embark on their quest to accomplish the impossible, they form a unique friendship that transforms both their lives. One of shaved for which I recommend you this movie it is that kept silent at first it is a magnificent story. Of more this movie was shot in the real conditions of surfing what gives magnificent images. To finish the last reason is that it is a true story. And that Jay really has surfer this wave and made the cover of Surfer Magazine in 16 years. But the irony of fate is that Jay died a day before his 23rd birthday on June 15th, 2001, in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Lohifushi, island of the Maldive Islands, drowning itself in an accident of dive..

DELESQUE Léo

Back to top Go down

Post by Faro Baptiste Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Hello everyone !

Difficult to talk about my favorite movie so much there i like. So, like everyone else, i'm gonna to talk about my favorite film.
I have chosen to tell you about Seven.

It was directed by David Fincher based on a screenplay by Andrew Kevin Walker. Some star as a role in this film like Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman.
Seven is an American psychological thriller film that blends elements of the crime and horror genres.

The summary of this story :

The newly transferred David Mills and the soon-to-retire William Somerset are homicide detectives who become deeply involved in the case of a sadistic serial killer whose meticulously planned murders correspond to the seven deadly sins: gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, pride, lust, and envy.

I hope you would look this great movie Very Happy

See you

Faro Baptiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Jérémi RICHER Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:54 am

Hi everybody !

If I want a story with animals, if you want a story with sentiments and if you want a true story, I'll recommend you Hatchi.

It was realised by Lasse Hallström in 2008. The real name is Hatshiko: a dog's story. Indeed it's a true story.

At the beginning of the movie, a man, Parker, played by Richard Gere, came back a night from his work. Then he found a baby dog Akita and decided to keep him while his wife wouldn't to. He called him Hatchi because of the nametag who was written: 8 in Japan. They continue to grew up together and Hathi was following Parker day after day to the gare before to go to work. And Hatchi was waiting for him. All the day until the night come and his master go back to house. But one day, Parker didn't come back from the work. But Hatchi was still there, waiting for his master push the station's door. And he was waiting until the end of his life, with a dream who's never realised.

You have to know this kind of dog, Akita, are very faithful. The legend want they follow only one master.

Homework: Film review Thread 19282162

Jérémi RICHER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down