UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APP Work Antoine Renoux

2 posters

Go down

APP Work Antoine Renoux  Empty APP Work Antoine Renoux

Post by Antoine Renoux Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi John, to begin my APP work I'll speak about the NBA finals because I'm in the mood. In fact I love the Lakers and most especially about Lebron JAMES the real GOAT, not D Wade, sorry John... In fact I love Lebron because I find this player really impressing. He 's an incredible playmaker, a good defender and dunker, finisher and not a too bad shooting scorer. With Anthony Davis and his teammates they slave the Heat, yeah once again sorry John, and they are impressive. When I'm writing this article there is 2-0 for the lakers and I think they can swipe the Miami heat because a lot of player on the side of the heat are injured and the laker are very focus on the title for the tribute of Kobe. I think this is the most beautiful tribute possible for Lebron after he looses the MVP title against Giannis Antetokoumpo ( I don't know if did mistake when I was writing his name ). For a lot of people it's a steel because the real MVP is Lebron and I agree. Even if Giannis ( yes I'll not write his family name again because it's too long and difficult ) won the NBA defensive player of the year he didn't merit the MVP title. The proof is he looses once against in the playoff and during the regular season he was not incredible compare Lebron. He just took the rebound and ran straight forward to the hoop to dunk. Lebron create the game and it's a show man as MJ. I did a good transition because to finish I would speak about the GOAT. As we know Micheal Jordan is for the basketball Community the GOAT of basketball even more with the Netflix report about him "the last dance". However I think it can change. I think if Lebron win this final and he will win with 3 different teams, the bets are rase again.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

APP Work Antoine Renoux  Empty Re: APP Work Antoine Renoux

Post by Antoine Renoux Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi John, sorry about the last week but I didn't find the time to write an APP work so I'll make up with two works this week. I would talk about the end of the NBA Season and the end of the season and the victory of my favorite team, and not yours, the Los Angeles Lakers !!! I'm very happy because the promise that Lebron James did after the death of Kobe comes true and the lakers for ten years didn't won a championship and the last time it was with Kobe. I was a little scared because the heats began to recover his late but Davis and Lebron was too strong for a weakened Heat team. I'm also happy because Lebron was elected MVP of the final and prove to the people woh voted to Giannis that Lebron was better. He became the first player to won three championship with three different teams ( I'm not really sure about this information but I heard that so maybe it's the first maybe not ). I think Lebron can play also a long time and not go retired due to his age because he is a beast and I think next year he can win again the championship if the Warriors can't ride up or if the Celtics are not stronger that this year. Now I'm impatient to see the draft and Know who gonna join each team. For exemple where gonna go Lamelo Ball ? I'm a little scared about the next season because the corona it not over and if the final was in the bubble how they can do the regular season with all the team and without public ? Anyway, I'm just happy about what happening Monday for the lakers and Lebron and I'll can pulling your leg. So see you in 5-10 min for the next subject because I have to ride up my late and I will speak about football American to change of subject but to say in sport and in cool sport.

Antoine Renoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi John, I'll speak about Football today because I discovered this sport 2 years ago and I found in love about it. In fact I already knew this sport but I never used to be interested about it. I discovered this sport on Youtube because I watched a YouTuber who shown his life In football in Switzerland and I found that too interesting. So I watched other videos about this sport and I tried to find an issue to watched the Super Bowl because It was during this period. So my first Super Bowl was the worst as possible because it was the Rams against the Patriots and the match was very boring with only one touchdown for the Patriots and not a really interesting match because there was not a lot of passes and not a lot of big plays, but I found that really cool as sport. During a moment I wanted to play football but I thought I was too old to begin this sport and it's complicated in France to find a club. So I began to watched the resumes of the season last year and I followed a little bit the actuality in NFL About the rookies, the dramas like Myles Garettes who hit with his helmet the QB of the Steelers. I watched also the phenomenon Patrick Mahomes and the record od the most yards at the run for the QB by Lamar Jackson who beat Vick. I was happy when the Chiefs won the super bowl because I don't really like the 49ers. However I don't have a favorite team for the moment because I enjoy many teams but no one stand out. I think if I played football I wanted to be QB, because I don't run really fast so it will be complicated to be a WR or a DB and because I have a big arm so I can throw great passes over the field. I can also be a LB because I played 2nd row in rugby and tackle I know how to do that. I have to project to leave in Canada or USA to finish my studies and if I have the opportunity to try this sport I will do it.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:06 pm

Hello John, today I will speak about "how can you do during the lockdown ?" because your subject on UP English and the last video on UPedago give me inspiration. In did, I think I can help you during the lockdown with different tips or advices to make your lockdown less boring.
To begin during the lockdown the most important thing is to be in shape because we work at home everyday and most of the time we don't move a lot. So to answer at the need I will propose you some physical activities that you can make even if you don't practice sport. To start, try to do some stretching the morning to be confortable for the rest of the day. Between two classes, you can do squats or walk around your room to move a little bit. Try to eat correctly and take the time to cook. With fewer trips you normally avec more time to cook and try to eat better. Then in the afternoon if you can reproduced the squats or the walking between two classes. Now, at the end of the day, you can take an attestation and stroll your dog. It's a good day to breath and to release your mind after a day of work and a day confined. When you have finish with the dog you can do some quick exercices to be in shape or have a good fitness. I'll propose you a little program that you can reproduced when you want and that you can upgrade if it's too easy for you :
1. To start, let's place to the warm up with some jumping jack : start with your legs apart and arms straight above the head and hands together. Then as you jump, bring your legs together and bring your arms to your sides. Jump again and return to the starting position. repeat for 30 seconds.
2. Continue and begin the workout with the wall-site: stand with your back to a wall, feet hip-width apart and slightly in front of you. Lean back into the wall, and slide down like you're sitting down into a chair. Your knees should finish above your ankles, bent at 90 degrees. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
3. Next you have to do 10 pushups at the beginning and with the time you can improve yourself with more and pushups's repetitions. If you are in difficulty at the beginning you can practice your pushups on your knees. It's a good way to start with pushups.
4. To continue, you have to do squats : be in a stand position with your feet at your shoulders level. Flex your knees at 90° and keep your back right to avoid injuries. Make 20 repetitions at the beginning and with the time you can practice around 30 squats.
5. Finish with abs : do 20 abs with your back on the floor and your feet plat on the floor and your knees up and put your arms as an arrow and put there between your legs. Do a small elevation of your back and help you with your "arrow".
Then repeat this routine twice and even if you want many time as you wish !
At this moment I think you can be totally dead by my physical routine day, and it's normal !
Take the time to do some stretchings because after a day like that it can be strange if you don't have stiffness tomorrow. After a day like that you can read a book (as you like if I remember well tour words last year when you spoke about what you like) or watch a game about Leicester or about the Dolphin. I hope it will not be too difficult for you this new lockdown ! Have a nice week John and see you the 11/16 for the oral test.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:52 am

Hi John, today I will speak about my personal course in swimming because I practice this sport for the age of 6 years old. At the beginning I discovered the swimming because my mother practiced this sport and because my parent want that I learn to swim because it's very important. So at the beginning I learned like everyone with ten lessons if my memory is good. Then when I was 7 years old, I was registered in my club, the ROC Natation ! At the beginning I didn't love a lot swimming because it demand to train his self for a long time and alone in the water and most of the time with a coach who scream. But with maybes friend Tom we continue and two years later We had a new coach, aka Michou, ( it's a terrible mistake to call him like that ). Michel was a swimmer in Amiens, a really good swimmer. He starts like us young and he finished in the European Championship with the French team. After that he trained young people for the Olympics games for young people but nobody was qualified so he was very disappointed and decided to quit Amiens to come in Royan to take his retired BUT he decided to build a program with us, young people of 8 years old. During all my primary school I swam a little bit near 2-3 times by weeks but in the "College" We benefited of time table finished to swim a lot, everyday except the week end. At the beginning I found that a little bit boring and unpleasant because we needed to swim all the time and we didn't have a mot of free time. But with the time I accepted that and with my group of swimmer we decided to be welded and we swam a lot during two years. At the age of 14, I had a declick in my head and I understand how I have to train my self to go to the best level to be one of the best swimmer in the country. So at 14 years old I train my self very hard to enter in the ranking and go to the national French championship. We did stages in Spain, in Amiens, in Mulhouse, in different swimming pool to change our mind when you swim and to discover icons like Jeremy Stravius, World champion swimmer. This year I did the time to enter to the national championship but I did more because Was the 5th swimmer in the 400m 4n and the 7th on the 100m butterfly. I was scouts by some clubs to go with there but I was too young to leave my parents and go far away. I ws also follow by the director of ARENA France and I had a lot of equipments free and It's die to that that many clubs was interested about my self. So I was qualified to the France and it's during the summer around the 23 of July is I remember so my summer was just swam a lot in different city in France in stage. I was very disappointed about my summer and it's an important thing because after this french championship I was a little bit disgusted about swimming. In the France I was very tired due to all the training during the summer and I was a little bit disappointed about my races but it was a good experience. However after that I wasn't the only touched by this summer of training and some people decided to do a reconversion. My friend Tom leave the club and go in the lifesaving ( a new sport ) and other leave to pentathlon or other clubs. AT the end on 10 swimmer we was 3 to stay in Royan. The last year was difficult because I was alone during the training and alone also in the competition because the others didn't have the same level that me. I won however some races in meeting. One of them was in Bordeaux and Philip Lucas the famous trainer of Laure Manaudou was here with his swimmer and I beat One of them on a race and I finished at the fist place on a national meeting and I had to do a test about enhancing performance drugs. My first lol. It was really funny because a person followed me during all the time before I went to the restroom to pee. And during the control the man was really strange and tried to laugh with me but it was weird. I did also the National French championship with the Poitou-Charente team and it was very fun because I was with swimmer of all the region and it change. After this year when I went to high school I swam one year but I was disgusted by the swimming and at the end of the year I decided to take my "retired" ans I decided to go with my friend Tom in the lifesaving because he did a lot a great things and he tell my that it's easier than swimming because he was 6time French champion. So in a next episodeI will tell you how I was in the new sport I decided to do : the lifesaving.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:42 am

Alright, I'll tell you the rest of my story. So after the swimming I will do a sport with my friends because was hard to do something witch demand a lot of investissement without friends. I decided to practice lifesaving with my best friend and also because it's a way to continue to swim but without a lot of training. In lifesaving you have two seasons : the summer and the winter. During the winter it's like the swimming because it's in a swimming pool and the proof are likely the same but based on the lifesaving. In lifesaving the 7 tests are :

- 100m Obstacle Swim; The competitor swims 100 m in freestyle during which he/she swims under four immersed obstacles.

- 200m Obstacle Swim; The competitor swims 200 m in freestyle during which he swims under eight immersed obstacles.

- 50m Manikin Carry; The competitor swims 25 m freestyle and then dives to recover a submerged manikin to the surface within 5 m of the pick-up line. The competitor then carries the manikin to the finish edge of the pool.

- 100m Rescue Medley; The competitor swims 50 m freestyle to turn, dive, and swim underwater to a submerged manikin located at 20m distance for men and 15m distance for women.
The competitor surfaces the manikin within the 5 m pick-up line, and then carries it the remaining distance to the finish edge of the pool.

- 100m Manikin Carry with Fins; The competitor swims 50 m freestyle wearing fins and then dives to recover a submerged manikin to the surface within 10 m of the turning edge.
The competitor carries the manikin to the finish edge of the pool.

- 100m Manikin Tow with Fins; The competitor swims 50 m freestyle with fins and rescue tube.
After touching the turning edge, the competitor fixes the rescue tube around a manikin floating at the surface at the edge and tows it to the finish.

- 200m Super Lifesaver; The competitor swims 75 m freestyle and then dives to recover a submerged manikin. The competitor surfaces the manikin within 5 m of the pick-up line and carries it to the turning edge. After touching the wall the competitor releases the manikin.
In the water, the competitor dons fins and rescue tube within 5 m of the turning edge and swims 50 m freestyle. After touching the wall the competitor fixes the rescue tube around a floating manikin within 5 m of the turning edge and tows it to touch the finish edge of the pool.

And there is also tests for the summer season on the beach and that one are the most realistic than the job. It's also the most impressive and famous part of the lifesaving. So the tests are :

- Surf Race; With a running start into the surf from the start line on the beach, competitors swim around the 400 m (approximate because between the series the tide change and this is why the time in this summer test doesn't compte and why it is the place to do a final then ) course designated by buoys, returning to shore to finish between the finish flags on the beach.

- Beach Flags ( the most famous race because it's a show ); From a prone starting position on the beach, competitors rise, turn and race to obtain a baton (beach flag) buried upright in the sand approximately 20 m away. Since there are always fewer batons than competitors, those who fail to obtain a baton are eliminated.

- Beach Sprint; Competitors take their positions in their allotted lanes. At the starting signal, competitors race the 90 m course to the finish line. The finish is judged on the competitor’s chest crossing the finish line. Competitors must finish the event on their feet in an upright position.

- Surf Ski Race; Competitors steady their skis in line in knee-deep water about 1,5 m apart.
Competitors must obey directions from the starter or check starter concerning ski alignment at the start. On the starting signal, competitors paddle their skis around the course marked by buoys and return to finish when any part of the ski crosses the in-water finish line – ridden, gripped, or carried by the competitor.

- Board Race; Competitors stand on or behind the start line on the beach with their boards 1,5 m apart. At the start signal, competitors enter the water, launch their boards, and paddle the course marked by buoys, return to the beach, and run to cross the finish line.

- Oceanman/Oceanwoman ( it's also a famous because not a lot of competition can do this); Competitors cover a 1,200 m course that includes a swim leg, a board leg, a surf ski leg, and a beach sprint finish. Conditions of racing of each leg are as generally required for the individual conditions of that discipline including the rules governing the component disciplines: surf ski races, board races, surf races, beach sprints.

So this sport is really interesting and demands a lot of qualities and physical aptitude so I fell in love of this sport. However, competitor sometimes get a big head because they was here first when the sport was not famous and without a lot of participant so they can reach title as Vice-world champion, or French champion but they are not very strong.
After presenting you all series in lifesaving I will tell you my story in this sport with my best friend but I think you have to wait a little bit to have the next part. Wink

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:50 pm

Antoine Renoux wrote:Hi John, to begin my APP work I'll speak about the NBA finals because I'm in the mood. In fact I love the Lakers and most especially about Lebron JAMES the real GOAT, not D Wade, sorry John... In fact I love Lebron because I find this player really impressing. He 's an incredible playmaker, a good defender and dunker, finisher and not a too bad shooting scorer. With Anthony Davis and his teammates they slave the Heat, yeah once again sorry John, and they are impressive. When I'm writing this article there is 2-0 for the lakers and I think they can swipe the Miami heat because a lot of player on the side of the heat are injured and the laker are very focus on the title for the tribute of Kobe. I think this is the most beautiful tribute possible for Lebron after he looses the MVP title against Giannis Antetokoumpo ( I don't know if did mistake when I was writing his name ). For a lot of people it's a steel because the real MVP is Lebron and I agree. Even if Giannis ( yes I'll not write his family name again because it's too long and difficult ) won the NBA defensive player of the year he didn't merit the MVP title. The proof is he looses once against in the playoff and during the regular season he was not incredible compare Lebron. He just took the rebound and ran straight forward to the hoop to dunk. Lebron create the game and it's a show man as MJ. I did a good transition because to finish I would speak about the GOAT. As we know Micheal Jordan is for the basketball Community the GOAT of basketball even more with the Netflix report about him "the last dance". However I think it can change. I think if Lebron win this final and he will win with 3 different teams, the bets are rase again.

I really dislike Lebron. Lakers are a great franchise though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Antoine Renoux likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Antoine Renoux wrote:Hi John, sorry about the last week but I didn't find the time to write an APP work so I'll make up with two works this week. I would talk about the end of the NBA Season and the end of the season and the victory of my favorite team, and not yours, the Los Angeles Lakers !!! I'm very happy because the promise that Lebron James did after the death of Kobe comes true and the lakers for ten years didn't won a championship and the last time it was with Kobe. I was a little scared because  the heats began to recover his late but Davis and Lebron was too strong for a weakened Heat team. I'm also happy because Lebron was elected MVP of the final and prove to the people woh voted to Giannis that Lebron was better. He became the first player to won three championship with three different teams ( I'm not really sure about this information but I heard that so maybe it's the first maybe not ). I think Lebron can play also a long time and not go retired due to his age because he is a beast and I think next year he can win again the championship if the Warriors can't ride up or if the Celtics are not stronger that this year. Now I'm impatient to see the draft and Know who gonna join each team. For exemple where gonna go Lamelo Ball ? I'm a little scared about the next season because the corona it not over and if the final was in the bubble how they can do the regular season with all the team and without public ? Anyway, I'm just happy about what happening Monday for the lakers and Lebron and I'll can pulling your leg. So see you in 5-10 min for the next subject because I have to ride up my late and I will speak about football American to change of subject but to say in sport and in cool sport.

The lakers were lucky that both Bam and Dragic were injured.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Antoine Renoux wrote:Hi John, I'll speak about Football today because I discovered this sport 2 years ago and I found in love about it. In fact I already knew this sport but I never used to be interested about it. I discovered this sport on Youtube because I watched a YouTuber who shown his life In football in Switzerland and I found that too interesting. So I watched other videos about this sport and I tried to find an issue to watched the Super Bowl because It was during this period. So my first Super Bowl was the worst as possible because it was the Rams against the Patriots and the match was very boring with only one touchdown for the Patriots and not a really interesting match because there was not a lot of passes and not a lot of big plays, but I found that really cool as sport. During a moment I wanted to play football but I thought I was too old to begin this sport and it's complicated in France to find a club. So I began to watched the resumes of the season last year and I followed a little bit the actuality in NFL About the rookies, the dramas like Myles Garettes who hit with his helmet the QB of the Steelers. I watched also the phenomenon Patrick Mahomes and the record od the most yards at the run for the QB by Lamar Jackson who beat Vick. I was happy when the Chiefs won the super bowl because I don't really like the 49ers. However I don't have a favorite team for the moment because I enjoy many teams but no one stand out. I think if I played football I wanted to be QB, because I don't run really fast so it will be complicated to be a WR or a DB and because I have a big arm so I can throw great passes over the field. I can also be a LB because I played 2nd row in rugby and tackle I know how to do that. I have to project to leave in Canada or USA to finish my studies and if I have the opportunity to try this sport I will do it.

I fell in love with American football over 40 years ago and I've seen a lot of great players and teams live. In recent years I've not followed it so much though, probably because the Dolphins have been so bad. I did see Dan Marino - the greatest ever QB - play in person 5 times and watched every game of his career in full.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Antoine Renoux wrote:Hello John, today I will speak about "how can you do during the lockdown ?" because your subject on UP English and the last video on UPedago give me inspiration. In did, I think I can help you during the lockdown with different tips or advices to make your lockdown less boring.
To begin during the lockdown the most important thing is to be in shape because we work at home everyday and most of the time we don't move a lot. So to answer at the need I will propose you some physical activities that you can make even if you don't practice sport. To start, try to do some stretching the morning to be confortable for the rest of the day. Between two classes, you can do squats or walk around your room to move a little bit. Try to eat correctly and take the time to cook. With fewer trips you normally avec more time to cook and try to eat better. Then in the afternoon if you can reproduced the squats or the walking between two classes. Now, at the end of the day, you can take an attestation and stroll your dog. It's a good day to breath and to release your mind after a day of work and a day confined. When you have finish with the dog you can do some quick exercices to be in shape or have a good fitness. I'll propose you a little program that you can reproduced when you want and that you can upgrade if it's too easy for you :
1. To start, let's place to the warm up with some jumping jack : start with your legs apart and arms straight above the head and hands together. Then as you jump, bring your legs together and bring your arms to your sides. Jump again and return to the starting position. repeat for 30 seconds.
2. Continue and begin the workout with the wall-site: stand with your back to a wall, feet hip-width apart and slightly in front of you. Lean back into the wall, and slide down like you're sitting down into a chair. Your knees should finish above your ankles, bent at 90 degrees. Hold this position for 30 seconds.
3. Next you have to do 10 pushups at the beginning and with the time you can improve yourself with more and pushups's repetitions. If you are in difficulty at the beginning you can practice your pushups on your knees. It's a good way to start with pushups.
4. To continue, you have to do squats : be in a stand position with your feet at your shoulders level. Flex your knees at 90° and keep your back right to avoid injuries. Make 20 repetitions at the beginning and with the time you can practice around 30 squats.
5. Finish with abs : do 20 abs with your back on the floor and your feet plat on the floor and your knees up and put your arms as an arrow and put there between your legs. Do a small elevation of your back and help you with your "arrow".
Then repeat this routine twice and even if you want many time as you wish !
At this moment I think you can be totally dead by my physical routine day, and it's normal !
Take the time to do some stretchings because after a day like that it can be strange if you don't have stiffness tomorrow. After a day like that you can read a book (as you like if I remember well tour words last year when you spoke about what you like) or watch a game about Leicester or about the Dolphin. I hope it will not be too difficult for you this new lockdown ! Have a nice week John and see you the 11/16 for the oral test.

With the confinement and the change of work to online, I've been so busy. I'm either creating new work and getting it available online, teaching classes, answering emails, reading work or correcting tests. I'm looking forward to some quiet time soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Antoine Renoux wrote:Hi John, today I will speak about my personal course in swimming because I practice this sport for the age of 6 years old. At the beginning I discovered the swimming because my mother practiced this sport and because my parent want that I learn to swim because it's very important. So at the beginning I learned like everyone with ten lessons if my memory is good. Then when I was 7 years old, I was registered in my club, the ROC Natation ! At the beginning I didn't love a lot swimming because it demand to train his self for a long time and alone in the water and most of the time with a coach who scream. But with maybes friend Tom we continue and two years later We had a new coach, aka Michou, ( it's a terrible mistake to call him like that ). Michel was a swimmer in Amiens, a really good swimmer. He starts like us young and he finished in the European Championship with the French team. After that he trained young people for the Olympics games for young people but nobody was qualified so he was very disappointed and decided to quit Amiens to come in Royan to take his retired BUT he decided to build a program with us, young people of 8 years old. During all my primary school I swam a little bit near 2-3 times by weeks but in the "College" We benefited of time table finished to swim a lot, everyday except the week end. At the beginning I found that a little bit boring and unpleasant because we needed to swim all the time and we didn't have a mot of free time. But with the time I accepted that and with my group of swimmer we decided to be welded and we swam a lot during two years. At the age of 14, I had a declick in my head and I understand how I have to train my self to go to the best level to be one of the best swimmer in the country. So at 14 years old I train my self very hard to enter in the ranking and go to the national French championship. We did stages in Spain, in Amiens, in Mulhouse, in different swimming pool to change our mind when you swim and to discover icons like Jeremy Stravius, World champion swimmer. This year I did the time to enter to the national championship but I did more because Was the 5th swimmer in the 400m 4n and the 7th on the 100m butterfly. I was scouts by some clubs to go with there but I was too young to leave my parents and go far away. I ws also follow by the director of ARENA France and I had a lot of equipments free and It's die to that that many clubs was interested about my self. So I was qualified to the France and it's during the summer around the 23 of July is I remember so my summer was just swam a lot in different city in France in stage. I was very disappointed about my summer and it's an important thing because after this french championship I was a little bit disgusted about swimming. In the France I was very tired due to all the training during the summer and I was a little bit disappointed about my races but it was a good experience. However after that I wasn't the only touched by this summer of training and some people decided to do a reconversion. My friend Tom leave the club and go in the lifesaving ( a new sport ) and other leave to pentathlon or other clubs. AT the end on 10 swimmer we was 3 to stay in Royan. The last year was difficult because I was alone during the training and alone also in the competition because the others didn't have the same level that me. I won however some races in meeting. One of them was in Bordeaux and Philip Lucas the famous trainer of Laure Manaudou was here with his swimmer and I beat One of them on a race and I finished at the fist place on a national meeting and I had to do a test about enhancing performance drugs. My first lol. It was really funny because a person followed me during all the time before I went to the restroom to pee. And during the control the man was really strange and tried to laugh with me but it was weird. I did also the National French championship with the Poitou-Charente team and it was very fun because I was with swimmer of all the region and it change. After this year when I went to high school I swam one year but I was disgusted by the swimming and at the end of the year I decided to take my "retired" ans I decided to go with my friend Tom in the lifesaving because he did a lot a great things and he tell my that it's easier than swimming because he was 6time French champion. So in a next episodeI will tell you how I was in the new sport I decided to do : the lifesaving.

Really interesting and quite sad.

It seems that we (adults, organisations, coaches) push young people too much at too early an age. The reasons given are not sufficient and the coaching and training needs to be looked at. Being a great athlete is about so much more than physical training, mental training and mental state are overlooked all the time. I'm sorry that your "career" ended how it did.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 pm

To finish this APP work for this semester, I will speak about my story in lifesaving after my "retired" in swimming. How I said in the last post, I was disgusted bt swimming but the lifesaving is different and it's very funny to do this sport. At the beginning I was really good because with my past with the swimming I was conformable in the water in the winter season and because the level was not very high.in did, I was one of the best swimmer and I did a lot of finals at the French championship and at the end some honorable places. I never won medals because my best friend Tom had too experience in this sport and there are 2-3 swimmer who was like him so technically I haven't a big level. In swimming pool with Tom we was confortable, we was French champion as team in UNSS and we finished 4th in the French championship furor first time at the Cerc ( it's a test where you are in quarantine so you don't know why it's going on and outside there is a scenario with different test of lifesaving as save people out of the water, take care of witness, call rescues and make the most of points by save people and take care about their in 2'. If you are interesting by this test, take look on YouTube because it's very amazing). I loved this sport because it was never boring like the swimming and I was happy to refind a sport like that. Even if we was very strong in swimming pool, it was different on the beach for the summer season because there was very amazing athlete in the frenchchampionshp who was worldchampion so it was difficult to do something. It was also very difficult because all the competition was in Les Landes and people over there are very strong and can train their self in huge conditions with big waves and all the year even in winter because they are crazy. When we came at this competition with Tom we was tourist and on the test we just try to take waves and to not take a big defeat because we was very bad in the sea. However Smith this sport I could travel in places I never visited as Biarritz, Hossegor, Capbreton, Henday... So now you know a little bit more my life in sport and I hope my stories didn't boring you. Take care and see you soon John !

Antoine Renoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down