UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second topic - Ecology

+13
célie verdois
Marion.P
auxane
Titouan
Emmannuelle
Auriane
Paul Pasquier
LisaMig
Marion R
CaroleMikhail
Tess
Elsa
Admin
17 posters

Go down

second topic - Ecology Empty second topic - Ecology

Post by Admin Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:40 pm

Now show me that you are more interesting than the other group. Smile

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

second topic - Ecology Empty Re: second topic - Ecology

Post by Elsa Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:47 pm

Since several years, I'm very interested by the ecological movement. I sort my waste, I buy biological food and hygienic products, I use an ecological search engine to help an association to remove waste from the ocean.
Think ecology it's not always easy because if we think a little, we can see that all things around us could be recycled.
I think it's very important to recycle because we need and we must save our planet, our flauna and flora. We can see an emergency to save planet.
Today, we can see that ice is melting, wild wastes are multiplying and even creating new islands off the coast of our oceans. Our animals are seeing their fellow creatures disappear and are described as "in the process of disappearing".

If our companies, our habits change, and more specifically our mentalities, we will help a little more our planet. But nothing will change if the biggest of the world not show the right way to go.

Elsa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Elsa wrote:Since several years, I'm very interested by the ecological movement. I sort my waste, I buy biological food and hygienic products, I use an ecological search engine to help an association to remove waste from the ocean.
Think ecology it's not always easy because if we think a little, we can see that all things around us could be recycled.
I think it's very important to recycle because we need and we must save our planet, our flauna and flora. We can see an emergency to save planet.
Today, we can see that ice is melting, wild wastes are multiplying and even creating new islands off the coast of our oceans. Our animals are seeing their fellow creatures disappear and are described as "in the process of disappearing".

If our companies, our habits change, and more specifically our mentalities, we will help a little more our planet. But nothing will change if the biggest of the world not show the right way to go.

but that MUSTN'T stop us. We have to set the example and hope that the others follow. Otherwise we have to hope for a technological miracle.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Elsa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:13 am

Today, ecology is an important subject, where everyone must take care of the planet to save tomorrow’s world.
At my level, I try to contribute to the protection to avoid on consumption. In my family house we cultivate our own vegetables to limit pesticides to safeguard the fauna. I try to consume locally with littlz productors to reduce my impact on the earth.

Moreover, i follow differents associations on social media, associations that fight against polution as GreenPeace, Sea Shephard, I follow these association to be warned of what’s happening in the world and help on my scale differentd movements.

Today, i think is important to be aware of what’s going on in the world. For exemple a few days ago the bay of Kamchata in Russia was covered with dead marine animals of all kinds, I find it horrible and so worrying for the future of our planet. A disaster that has an impact on the marine environment as well as on the populations by causing diseases. This is a frightening world and those responsible are never punished.

Tess

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaroleMikhail Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Ecology is the study regarding the interactions among organisms and their biophysical environment, it provides new knowledge of the interdependence between people and nature.

Choosing to be eco-friendly or environmentally friendly means you’re choosing to prevent as much harm to the environment as possible and it goes beyond simple habits like switching off the lights and separating garbage from recycling to changing your life style; for example, you’ll need to consider buying clothes from recycled fabric or using recycled toilet tissue and reusable sandwich wraps. And overall, you’ll need to look for eco-friendly products before you buy anything and take a moment to think about the harm your choices and actions cause to your environment because every step in the right direction matters.

CaroleMikhail

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion R Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:10 pm

Ecology become an increasingly important movement. The goal is to take care of our planet as it takes care of us.

Today, I am more attention like for example, using a stainless steel bottle instead of using plastic bottles; solid products like soap or toothpaste; reusable cottons.
For years, my parents installed compost to avoid throwing away the peels or eggshells, moreover we have water reserves that we use to wash cars or water plants.

Since confinement, we have been going to small producers to buy fruit and vegetables as well as meat and fish. These are regional products, seasonal and of course without pesticides.

Marion R

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

second topic - Ecology Empty Ecology

Post by LisaMig Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Ecology is a very important subject nowadays.

I think previous generations were not sufficiently informed about it. Today with the media and social networks the new generation is much more aware and informed than before. It's up to us now to make things happen.

The problem is that if awareness raising is not collective, things will not move. Individually, we can all make small gestures for the planet, but if big industries and states don't change, then it won't save our beautiful planet.

LisaMig

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Pasquier Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:55 pm

Ecology, we can talk about it for hours.

In my opinion, we have to change the way we're consuming but for some generations it's to difficult, they prefer to satisfy their owns needs with products which don't respect environment. Our generation will have to work and change the world by taking decisions to save it.

For now, one part of the world is conscient that we can't wait and we've to react quickly. But the other part, really don't care of ecology. One of the most powerful man in the world, Donald Trump, doesn't believe in global warming, that's crazy!
Paul Pasquier
Paul Pasquier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriane Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Ecology, a subject that has become "fashionable" since a few decades ago. Why hasn't this subject been primordial since the dawn of time? How have we been able to pollute so much without asking ourselves more questions about what this would mean in the future?

Ecological disasters could probably have been avoided if it hadn't been for the oil tankers that ran aground or the waste from rich countries sent to underdeveloped countries, what is the limit to human stupidity? At what point will the future of the planet matter more than the financial side?

What's the point of making agreements with promises of improvements if you can get away with not keeping them and giving a financial stake. I really hope that the world will soon awaken its ecological conscience.
Auriane
Auriane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmannuelle Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 pm

The trendiest but most important subject of the last few years: ecology. It includes other notions such as global warming, renewable energies, an awareness that our resources are not unlimited and that mentalities must change. In fact, it is the responsibility of all of us, whether we are a state or a citizen, to work, on a more or less large scale, for ecology. This involves sorting, finding alternatives for fossil fuels, avoiding fast fashion and in short finding alternatives for our way of consuming and living in general.

Emmannuelle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Titouan Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:57 pm

I'm definilty not the best ecological man in this country, and 'im not a "BOBO" too (definition of bobo : "bourgeois-bohemian", the term "bobo" rather pejoratively designates a socioprofessional category (CSP) of well-to-do people living in large urban centers and politically situated rather on the left and sensitive to ecology" Sensitive to ecology of course I'm am but I'm doing anything really special or efficient.

Like Bilie Eilish said, I'm a bad guy, but I still kind with Mother Nature, I swear.  

I'm not a model ,but sorry guys, I prefer to throw my bottle (like a basket man) in the bad (guy, lol) trash than buying 3 pants, 2 phone cover; 1 eggs hat and watermelon shocks on AMAZON or WISH o( an other Chinese factory) What a Face What a Face What a Face

Thank you and sorry mum

Titouan

Admin and Marion.P like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auxane Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:59 pm

Ecology is a broad subject. I think it is a very subjective thing.Everyone can interpret it as they want and put what they want behind that definition.
From this, we can see that the gestures we make for ecology is also very subjective.
For a person for example just sorting his waste is not enough. For another, sorting waste will take a lot of effort and that person will think they are doing a good thing for the planet.
In my opinion everyone should try to do something chosen at their level and all the efforts will lead to an improvement.

auxane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.P Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm

This subject struggles me. On one hand I believe we can all make efforts at our scale to preserve the environment for the little that remains. Like participating to cleaning walk, using reusable water bottle over disposable plastic bottles (an also cheaper change for students) or boycotting business which don’t do anything about the environment and encouraging the good ones. For instance, I recently discovered that hairstylists were joining forces to recycle clients' hair into bundles that can be used to clean up the oceans. It's this kind of action and discovery that keeps me hopeful for our planet’s improvement.
On the other hand, I tend to think that if we want to make a real difference we must change our entire economic system and many persons’ state of mind, which is way more difficult to do. Not to mention that “environment” is a very vague and manipulable concept, which leaves companies to do whatever they want with it. A fact that led to the appearance of greenwashing and the discouragement of some environmental enthusiasts.
Therefore, I tell myself that between positive and negative actions; we’ll see if we can manage to stabilize the current state of the environment or even better improve it.
Marion.P
Marion.P

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by célie verdois Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:24 pm

The topic ecology is broad, but it is current. I think it is important to speak about waste. In the world resources are limited and declined, each resource is precious, and many can be recycled. For that is possible waste storing is essential, everybody can participate in his daily life. We see more and more tv publicity and poster campaign for recycling. Many important companies communicate about his ecological act and waste. There are more and more labels for recycled material and sustainable sources. Consumers are more attentive to the product quality and origin, labels make differences in consumer spirit.

célie verdois

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

second topic - Ecology Empty Ecology

Post by Bastien Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:30 pm

For me ecology is very important, it's very important that we pay attention to our consumption habits and the damage that could be done to our planet.

For my part, I think it's essential to sort waste because it allows us to transform it into new objects and to save natural resources that are beginning to diminish. I may buy some organic products because they are better for health, better for the environment and it supports an agriculture that cares for nature. It is also better to go through short circuits rather than long circuits because it reduces pollution.

I think it's time to stop certain practices such as food waste, waste in nature and especially in water that created the seventh continent, or to reduce travel that doesn't require a car and prefer public transportation, biking or even walking.

We can change all these bad attitudes to reduce pollution and global warming, but we must wake up now because part of the population only thinks about themselves.

Bastien

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by coline Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Ecology should be in all mouths because this is the most important subject in the world today. Indeed, the earth is warming because we are in a society which consumes too much. But population can change this situation thanks to different actions as:
- separating its waste
- banning overconsumption (especially in fast fashion, in food (because a lot of people throw out food), in heating during winter or air conditioning during summer)
- buy organic or local food
- never throwing out its waste outside (on the road for example)
- …
We are small actors but we are actors anyway even if, actually, the biggest polluters are companies.
Personally, I prefer consuming organic food but I am limited with a student budget. I separate my waste and I avoid overconsuming. Also, I pick up waste in the street when I can.

coline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by phanlinh Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:57 pm

Ecology is the relationship of living things to one another and their environment, their relationships. So when it comes to this topic, we often discuss about the solutions to protect our ecology. However, not everybody is aware of the environmental problems and our responsibility in protecting our ecosystem. Definitely, we wants to make our living environnement cleanser fresher, right?
Various actions could help our planet greener such as the use public transports, consumption of organic food and recycling waste. Millions slogans hit on us but it hasn't been really working while there are just 10 or 30% the population in fact have embarked on action. Then we need more the calls for action in schools, on social networks, on the markets, even the packaging of produits to wake up the consumers. Let's go green Smile

phanlinh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:47 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenola Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:32 pm

4 or 3 years ago I used to think that only states and big company could change the environment because they are the ones who pollute the more. But now I am convinced that everybody can help our planet in its own way. For example, I no longer buy cotton, I sort the waste, I try to buy less in fast fashion stores and I prefer second-hand stores. I know that I can still improve things in my behavior such as my diet for example, but I will get there step by step in the future.

Gwenola

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down