UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7th subject - covid and sport

+19
Mathis
LORENZI Emma
Charloote NIORT
Tifenn G.
Romain BERTRAND
Julien Asselin
Melvin Fleuret
dmarti
Hugo Wannepain
Matteo
Vincent CHOLLET
Labaste Jules
Laura
lguilb04
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
maeva bigeau
Clément Blanchet
GUEHO Timothe
Admin
23 posters

Go down

7th subject - covid and sport Empty 7th subject - covid and sport

Post by Admin Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:58 am

Read this article and give your opinion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54767836

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

7th subject - covid and sport Empty Re: 7th subject - covid and sport

Post by GUEHO Timothe Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:22 am

It is true that the health crisis that is affecting the world of sport is affecting the world of sport. In fact, as written in the article the covid obliges the prohibition of the practice of sport in clubs, associations and the closure of almost all sports facilities such as gyms, swimming pools etc.. The only authorized sport is sport alone at home or in the vicinity of one's home. This crisis will greatly affect small clubs and associations which will no longer have sufficient funds and will therefore have to close down. But we must not forget that this crisis affects everyone and in order to protect as many people as possible, we must go through these restrictions, which are certainly difficult but essential for our health.

GUEHO Timothe

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Blanchet Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:31 pm

Alison McGovern, shadow sports minister affirmed “sports face collapse” to describe the situation in England during the new lockdown. However, how do things stand in France? Which is more interesting for the narrow – minded, focusing only on ourselves French person we are.

Indeed, for this new lockdown in France measures have been taken to avoid spectacle sport’s collapse (and nothing for grassroots sport). That’s why it’s legitim to ask ourselves will Youri lose chest? You know that’s a priority to ask yourself pertinent questions about really important issues, as sports politics in France. In any case, the elite sport will continue during the lockdown in both countries.

On the other hand, “it is not exactly clear how grassroots and amateur sport will be affected”, that’s a common point for the two countries. We may wait for financial burden and fear job losses due to the closure of sports facilities whereas they just introduced hygiene protocols to re-open. Nonetheless in England as in France data shows a low risk of transmission in gyms or pools.

Finally, I’m afraid to say we’re not so different from English people, same four-week new lockdown, same concern about sport… I don’t really see an evident difference. That’s why it’s hard to read that “Michael Gove admits lockdown could extend” in England, and thus in France too.

Clément Blanchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by maeva bigeau Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:18 pm

Indeed, covid strongly affects the world, but also sport, because being confined we no longer have the right to practice. Because unfortunately all the sports halls had to close, the infrastructures welcoming the sports public had to be closed as well. All that's left is sport at home (weight training, cardio, fitness…) or even going for a run or cycling, but no more than 1km from home, which is still very restrictive.

But I am lucky to have my horses at home so I can still practice my sport by going for walks outside or even going to my structure.

But it is true that because of this health crisis, many small businesses will have to go out of business.

maeva bigeau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:22 pm

AH... That's a hard subject. Allow people to do sports, yes but how? That's the question. I agree with Grey-Thompson who talk about its "essential role" but I don't think open these structures for lambdas people are SO necessary. We are in a sanitary crisis, we have to manage our way to practice a sport. We can adapt ourselves even if it is not easy... And since the lockdown we have never seen so many people leave their homes to go for a run, this is the proof that people need to do sports but not necessarily in specialized structures.
They ask to re-open these, first of all, to avoid an other fail.
About the top athletes, they need to have an access to these structures because it is their job!
For children, there is still the sport at school... So I don't know what to say except : we are all in the same boat this is why we have to support each other. Go do some sports around your house, you have the right ! and if you are a swimmer, find ideas to solve the problem because you don't have the choice, it's not about you but about everyone.

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Am I allowed to kayak in the river or swim in the sea?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

7th subject - covid and sport Empty COVID AND SPORT

Post by lguilb04 Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:08 pm

The impact of Covid on sport is very significant: indeed, the First League and other elite sports can continue to practice closed-ended but as for amateur sport it is on hold. We don’t know how amateur sport is going to be affected, but I think it’s more important to worry about people’s health, right ?
We know that some people will go bankrupt when they have put in place a substantial health protocol after the first lockdown, so it is very sad, but we must first think about the health of citizens.
Elite sport is not affected because it is their job, this decision can be difficult to hear but is in a logical sense.
However, Michael Gove announced that the confinement of the English could last beyond December 2, which is also worrisome for France.
I wonder when all this will end. We forget what life was like before 2020 and I want to find it again as soon as possible !!! I love you

lguilb04

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:52 pm

I think certain sports hava to capacity to practice beause it’s practice outside. (But why certain sport may more than other ? Juste because it’s practice outside ?). But this bring of plentiful gatherings of groups of people, what not go with the politics for limit the contact. However, I think is important that the professional arrived to continue her pratice. The game do close eight with a screening all around the members present in the occasion.
Unfortunately, the sport is a beautiful choose but the sport is a big risk for the propagation of the virus, which as we can see advance with a madwoman vitess.
The problem of this pandemic is also economic for the clubs because they can’t welcome the public and they can’t have refreshment bar. While these are the things that keep clubs alive.

Laura

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Labaste Jules Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm

In this article, we learn more about the impact of COVID on sport, particularly in relation to lockdowns. In sport, all amateur teams have seen their club practice stop. On the other hand, for football, basketball, tennis and almost all sports practised at high level, the sport continues to live but closed, that is to say without spectator. However this poses a problem, especially in football, since the FA Cup is still taking place, outside amateur teams can face professional teams, which pose a big problem.
In this article, we can also see that several people denounce the fact that sports such as tennis, where the opponents are quite far from each other, that this outdoor practice is not allowed.
In conclusion, COVID has a significant impact on sport, however, professional sport must continue, otherwise it will create a major economic crisis in sport.

Labaste Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:35 pm

The impact of COVID on sport causes a lot of damage from a media and economic point of view.

Some sports can continue but under certain restrictions or they can be practiced behind closed doors. At the start of the championship in early September in some countries, some supporters could enter the stadium to watch the match, but now all matches are played behind closed doors and this is the only way to watch the match and watch it on video or on TV.
The fact that clubs cannot host supporters is wasting money and cannot provide everyone with a salary. For example Arsenal wanted to fire the club mascot because they could not afford to pay this person, but the German player Ozil decided to pay for Arsenal. This is why some clubs or players have decided to cut their salary by 2.
Every week players are required to take the COVID test to find out if they are positive or negative to find out if they can play the game.

Some sports, gymnasiums, swimming pools ... must close as well as other indoor and outdoor leisure centers because of this health crisis.

Vincent CHOLLET

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:36 am

After reading this article about the impact of COVID-19 on sport, we can see several people denounce the fact that sports such as tennis or golf, where the opponents are quite far from each other, that this practice outdoors is not allowed.
Indeed, I agree with that because so that the economy does not fall to the lowest it is necessary to be able to have an income thanks to the professional sport with the sponsors.
Afterwards, I also agree that with this virus it is important to be very careful, especially in team sports, which is why rules are in place but this must not impact the economy. Here we have a double problem that many countries cannot manage: to continue to practice in the professional world in order to keep the country's economy in good shape or to favor the health of the population at the expense of everything.
Personally I think Macron's decision on sport is correct since professional sport can continue to live on.
On the other hand I also understand the complaints and decisions seen on this article.

For the conclusion, COVID-19 has a real impact on sport but I think that we must continue to practice professional sport so as not to have an even greater economic crisis because we see that the impact is not only on sport but on the whole world.

Matteo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:14 pm

This article shows inequalities in sport during covid. In fact, the professional player and team can play but all the amateur world is stopped again. So how can they play in FA cup against the professional team of Premier league ? There are more inequalities in sport, about all the sports because Elite sport can continue during lockdown, so the development of future professional is stopped and that can destroy a career.

Hugo Wannepain

Back to top Go down

Post by dmarti Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:05 pm

I think it must be very complicated for the government to make decisions related to sport and covid. Today, sport has taken a very important place in our lives, there are a lot of clubs, associations and therefore people who earn money only through sports activities. That is why the subject is not taken lightly. However, I think it is difficult to do on a case-by-case basis, the government must make general decisions to take into account the entire population and not part of it. Of course, there are clubs and associations that are going to collapse, but this is inevitable, in my opinion, because the goal is to ensure the health of the population.

dmarti

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melvin Fleuret Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:08 pm

I think it is really difficult to take decisions about sport during Covid time.
Effectively there are few risks for guys who make kayak or tennis, and lots of more for people playing collective sports like handball or football. For me, there souldn't be differences in treatment because we are all in the same situation and we should respect the same rules.

That's not possible to say " ok, this one can practice but this one can't " because of level of something else. We all do sport, and if one of us isn't allowed so we are all not allowed.

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:15 am

Melvin Fleuret wrote:I think it is really difficult to take decisions about sport during Covid time.
Effectively there are few risks for guys who make kayak or tennis, and lots of more for people playing collective sports like handball or football. For me, there souldn't be differences in treatment because we are all in the same situation and we should respect the same rules.

That's not possible to say " ok, this one can practice but this one can't " because of level of something else. We all do sport, and if one of us isn't allowed so we are all not allowed.

Why? If as you say kayakers are not at risk but Handballers are surely Kayakers should be able to continue but handballers not. We don't treat people without cancer the same as those who have it or healthy people the same as those with debilitating diseases.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:58 am

We can see that this health crisis affects the entire world of sport and affects a large number of athletes. As you can see in this article in the BBC article, COVID-19 forces us to ban sports at clubs and associations, which leads to the closure of almost all sports facilities, such as gyms and swimming pools. We are only allowed to play sports at home or close to home. This crisis is affecting a large number of small clubs and associations that will be short of funds to maintain their activities and will therefore have to close. Personally I know that my club will be hit by this crisis and will suffer some difficulties from here to find a stable economic state.
And even if I personally dislike not being able to play handball, we must not forget that we have to go through this and respect the health rules, if we want to get out of it.

Julien Asselin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:47 pm

Sport is very important in the lives of many people. But when you are in a period where people die while the week before they were doing very well, you have to put your sports impulses aside and respect the laws. You can run around your house, do sit-ups in your living room, use the home trainer ... So you have to stop crying. And when we see in the article the sports that require exemption from the law (tennis and golf), we know for which part of the population it is intended.
So let's all respect the confinement and we will meet even faster to go to English class.

Romain BERTRAND

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifenn G. Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:06 pm

The sportsmen are very frustrated these last days because the confinement is back. So, it means that lot of sportsmen must stop their sports during a month at least. I think that the securities measure are more too strict because, for me, a cyclist or a runner who do cycle or run alone don't spreads the covid so I think is not very necessary to fix a limit of 1km, especially since in these kind of sport 1km is a ridculous distance so it is less attractive and less effective to turn around during 1 hour. Personally before covid and since many years I do a lot of skating in different places in seashore, in city or in the parks and I never have social interactions during this time and I don't understand why now with covid it's dangerous because I don't have more interactions compare to before but it is forbidden. I find that rules for covid are very not logicals. More over, I find that confinment have opposite effect (at Royan) because people feels him not free so they go outside as much as they can while without confinement they don't go outside in winter.

Tifenn G.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Charloote NIORT Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:33 pm

AH our favourite topic of the moment: Covid and its many impacts on society.
In this article, it is about the lockdown of amateur and professional sports. Although there has been a lot of effort to develop sports slots so that a minimum number of people meet, in terms of hygienic disinfection equipment, resulting in a significant loss of money.... almost all sports facilities are closed in England (this is also the case in France). Many sports facilities fear their closure because they are already in debt… with the associations, they block against the government so that they can open, will that suffice?

Charloote NIORT

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZI Emma Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:09 am

Covid, and especially the lockdown, are affecting our society in so many ways. In this article, we saw how it is affecting sports in general. Facilities such as gym, swimming pool and even stadium need to be closed. People are allowed to go to work and then, go back home and stay. I think that it can affect mental health : if your only activity is go working and then be alone at home it can be very frustrating and even cause depression for some people. Moreover, I understand why high-level sportsman are allowed to practiced : they need to train to be ready when the competitions will be allowed, but if they are allowed to practiced, why the others should stay at home ? They are so many sportsman who are not high-level but who need or want to praised sport, so this is a little unfair (even if I understand the point that high-level sportsman needs to keep practice).
Furthermore, the fact that a lot of associations and facilities are closed will provoke the fact that some of them will be unemployed.
Conclusion : covid is not fun

LORENZI Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:32 am

I think that, it's true, the health crisis is affecting the entire world. Like in England, we are only allowed to play sports at home or 1km around home to run or walk. I understand people who are not happy with these rules but I think we need respect them because, otherwise, we will have to be confined for much longer. Moreover, I think we must learn lessons from this new confinement and not do anything again when we are no longer it because otherwise, it will never stop ..

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by youri b Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:35 pm

the covid and sport for me it's a big mistake prohibided sports in amateur sport , asociation of sport and in the fitness club . In fact, as written in the article the covid obliges the prohibition of the practice of sport in club ; restrictions made you like a human can not use his cycle for practice 2hours , running in 1Km perimeter iis quickly boring and redundant. for the healthy scientist said it is important to keep an physical activity for reduce chance of getting sick but you think let people in their house is the solution ??
you become more fragile , your immunity can not respond in a case of a sick moment , more people take weight and we know parameters that accentuates luck the for the virus will be more easily attacked

youri b

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:59 pm

As it is said in the article all the amateur sports some is the practice have been stopped. The Premier League and other elite sports can continue, but only behind closed doors those which will remain very complicated for them. In addition, because of this pandemic, many facilities including gymnasiums and swimming pools have to close as well as other indoor and outdoor recreation centers. People only have the right to play sports alone outside. In addition it is said that with the next news that could fall this could prove to be the last nail in the coffin for a number of clubs. Personally I think that for a certain number of amateur clubs whatever the practice there is it will be very difficult for them to bounce back from a financial point of view. As we can see at the professional level, some clubs have lost thousands of euros because of this pandemic, so if this happens at a professional level while the clubs are playing, we can imagine that at the amateur level it will be very difficult.

Sabri El Madi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Paultes Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:12 pm

The crisis of the covid has a big impact on the sports field. It is true that all amateur sports are prohibited from practising until further notice. Nevertheless, it is possible to do some sports activities at home. These conditions affect the management of amateur clubs from a financial and logistical point of view. In view of this crisis, can we ask ourselves whether amateur sports performance will be influenced on fitness and athletic fitness?

Benjamin Paultes

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

7th subject - covid and sport Empty Covid and sports

Post by Grondin Tom Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:23 am

Hello John ,
I’m sorry about checking the topics I forgot about this one.
so covid and sport don’t go together unfortunately , a lot of sport contains contact and health rules prohibit it.
There are fortunately full of sports that are possible at home to keep an acceptable physical condition but the problem is at the level of collective sports which they are simply impraticable.

Grondin Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down