UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

subject 7 - Your favourite sporting memory

+14
emiljouannetaud
Pierre-Louis
Brémand Xavier
Ugo B
Jordan Rak
logan
Aurélie
loreena martin
Gaëtan Morin
idris hamidi
LuceGaetan
Tom Seguin
Coline Thouvenin
Admin
18 posters

Go down

subject 7 - Your favourite sporting memory Empty subject 7 - Your favourite sporting memory

Post by Admin Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Read the following very short article

https://www.france24.com/en/sport/20201031-england-win-rugby-s-six-nations-as-france-defeat-ireland-in-paris

Laughing Laughing Laughing

And then write about a match or event that you consider to be the greatest sporting moment you've seen. You CANNOT write about France's world cup football victories or Handball victories though because you've already told me about those many times.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

subject 7 - Your favourite sporting memory Empty Re: subject 7 - Your favourite sporting memory

Post by Coline Thouvenin Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:57 pm

For this week, I'm going to tell you about a sporting event that takes place every year in Paris on a weekend. Indeed, the Open Make Up For Ever is a synchronized swimming event because it is an event in France that brings together all the best swimmers or team of the moment. I was lucky enough to attend in February 2015 and I really remember it. I was even able to have a french flag signed by the greatest French swimmer: Virginie Dedieu.

Coline Thouvenin

Back to top Go down

subject 7 - Your favourite sporting memory Empty Re: subject 7 - Your favourite sporting memory

Post by Tom Seguin Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:14 pm

For this week, i'm going to tell you of the event that makes me start the most amazing sport ever created, rugby. It is in 2011 that the rugby world cup takes place in New-zeland, France made a good parkour and go to final against New Zealand. This matche was extremely tight and patient from start to finish. My father told me his stories about rugby. Unfortunately France lost but this makes me very keen to start rugby

Tom Seguin

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:01 pm

The most memorable sporting moment I have seen is, in my opinion, Usain Bolt's victory in the 100m final on August 16, 2009. I was 9 years old at the time and I was following the World Athletics Championships, to see Bolt fly over the track was incredible especially since the record fell in the Final and I was fascinated by this character who gave the impression that he never forced his races, always running quietly without forcing. I will always remember this moment despite the fact that he was very fast... 9.58s.

LuceGaetan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:28 pm

For this week, i'm going to tell you of the event that makes me start amazing sport , street workout. I have been practicing this sport for 2 years now, it is a sport that anyone can do because it is mainly body weights.What attracted me to street workout were the impressive tricks to perform like the Human flag,elbow lever,Hand stand one arm, hollow back,...we play sports while doing incredible figures that require great strength, what more could you ask for

idris hamidi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:52 pm

The biggest event in sport in general is for me the 2 world records that Usain Bolt broke during the athletics world championships in 2009 in Berlin. he therefore has the world record for the 100m with 9.58 sec and the 200m with 19.19 sec. The one that impressed me the most and his record in the 200m. I still remember what the crazy commentator said. For me Usain Bolt is the greatest sportsman of modern times. And even when I get videos of this race I am still shocked. The gap between him and the others was huge. I will remember it all my life.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:18 pm

You are now going to get used to it John... I will STILL talk about Martin Fourcade, the best sportsman in the world! Indeed, all his races were my best moments in sport, but his last race, the one just after he announced his retirement from sport, remains the most beautiful and the most memorable: my most beautiful moment in sport. It was touching, and above all historical, he is a biathlon legend. He ended his career and his last race by winning once again ... a champion until the last second. His interwiew and the last moments shared with his team after the race were fantastic, it reminded us of all the races and all the Olympic and world champion titles he won, his friendliness, his intelligence, his fair play, his craze and passion for this sport, which he developed in France and around the world: biathlon. Thank you for all these beautiful moments of sport M.fourcade.

loreena martin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:25 pm

On this subject, I am quite disappointed not to be able to talk about the French victories in Handball, because let's face it, these were and still are the best victories, the best moments in French sport. So I don't know what to tell you. I'm still going to tell you about the moment when Renaud Lavillenie broke the world pole vault record in 2014, he wanted to beat the old record, he promised and he succeeded! He kept his record for 6 years and I find that wonderful.

Aurélie

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:55 am

For me the best sporting moments come from the Olympics where there is so much twisting or magical moment. Several times my marked for example the 100m and 200m of Usain Bolt, Renaud Lavillenie has the pole but the one that my most marked is the relay women's 4-400 in 2014 or the French is not final, the relay passes to the last relay the French is 4th with enough delay that the commentators think she can no longer go back to be on the podium but with an incredible 400m she managed to catch up with the 3 athletes who were in front of her, and so she finished first and won the gold medal. This uphill climb has caused chills and it shows that you should never give up.

logan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 pm

The biggest sporting moment I remember now is when Julian Alaphilippe became world champion this year. I find this particular victory beautiful because it is an excellent, very humble one, who shone during the 2019 Tour de France, which thrilled French cycling fans but who unfortunately lost his yellow jersey during the last stages. In June he lost his father, his biggest supporter, and was then world champion in September which is wonderful to pay tribute to him, even if he could not see that in his lifetime.

Jordan Rak

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:56 pm

For me, my greatest sport memory is when Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, also called "Thor", did the Deadlift World Record. The former Deadlift World Record was 500kg, and did by Eddie Hall, and Thor breaked it with a 501kg deadlift. When he did it, it was kinda easy, he could do more, but I don't know why, he didn't try more. But atleast, he beat Eddie Hall !! After this record, he retired from strongman, as the best Deadlifter of all times, and I don't think his record will be beaten soon, or maybe by himself if he comes back, what I hope.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Brémand Xavier Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:42 am

My greatest sporting memory was the last Soccer World Cup, because it was the second time ever that France National Team won the tournament, the first time was in 1998, so I wasn't born yet. I watched the whole competition since it happened during school holidays. Some crazy moments happened there like the goal made by Benjamin Pavard which was choose as the most beautiful goal of the World Cup. Plus my country National Team finished best team of the world after winning the finals against Croatia.

Brémand Xavier

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:28 pm

For this topic, i will not talk about the result of the last Six Nations as you suggest. It would remind me frustrating memories. Nevertheless, I'll talk about the first match of this Six Nations competition, if you know what I mean Twisted Evil .French national team humiliated England national team so hard that it made my week. It’s been so long since France was at such a high level, I’ve been waiting a long time for this. It looks like French flair is comming back ! I found back the pleasure of watching the French team play since the last World Cup and especially since this match. Unfortunately, we made counter performance in Scotland that made us lose the Grand Chelem and the Six Nations, but it makes no doubts that the best team in this competition were Les Bleus !

Pierre-Louis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by emiljouannetaud Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:19 pm

I'm gonna do last week subject and this week subject because of my internet connection problems

Subject 1 if I remember correctly was Netflix and Music. Watching Netflix for me is extremely rare because I can't watch series properly. About 3 or 4 episodes in, if I stop, i never know where episode I am. And I don't really have the time. I'm not really often at my house. Also, if I have the choice, I would prefer play video-games than watching a series. For music, I listen about everything. i Listen to music everyday for relaxing, before training, for concentration, for setting a good mood, etc... I can't think I can do a week without listening to music.

For this week subject, The greatest sport moment I've seen was probably in 2019. I went to the All star Perche meeting in Clermont-Ferrand, the saturday evening, I competed in the nationals contest , it was awesome but the most amazing part was the international constest the sunday afternoon. We saw a fantastic pole vault competition with Renaud Lavillenie, Mondo Duplantis, Sam kendricks, Sandy Morris, every pole vault's big names were here. And watching these guys jump in front of me was one of the best experience i've seen. Duplantis jumped 6m01 and failed his world record attempts at 6m19. Another moment I consider equal to this was in 2018 when I won with the G2A team the french Championship at Angoulême. It was probably the greatest feeling of my life.

emiljouannetaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:41 pm

My favourite sporting memory is I think when the french soccer team won the world cup in 2018. I was in Angoulême, in the fan zone, with many friends, we had a beautiful view on the screen.
I also would say an e-sport moment. Because, I don't know why, but e-sport make me feel some weird feelings, I sometimes am more excited about a victory of a team or a player I support on video games than in sports.
In 2019, for the Heathstone championships in Seoul, 3 french players were in semi-finals, and one of them, Felkeine won the title.
There is a french e-sport team that have many teams on different games, named Vitality. On the game Rocket League, two french players, Kaydop and Fairypeak are 3 times world champions.

Evan Rebierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:32 am

Today I am going to tell you about the best sporting memory I have experienced. that was when I went to see the gymnastics internationals in 2017 at Paris-Bercy. It was the first time that I had seen an international competition, and it was really beautiful, the level is incredible, and I saw the gymnasts of teams from all over the world. It was wonderful.

Julie TORRIANI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Everybody talks about famous people, but I am just gonna talk about me.
My favorite sporting memory was last year. We went to Poitiers to play volleyball for the FFSU with the school. It was with my boyfriend and two other friends of ours who were also in relationship (not anymore but that's life). We had a great time together and we made it to the semi-finals. After that, we probably went to mc Donalds or something like this. and then came back home.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm

For this last forum I'll be borderline with the subject because I'll speak about the greatest e-sport event because I have no idea for the usual sports.
So I have an idea about this subject linked to ZeratoR, it was in 2018 on Toulouse during the trackmania cup, the warm environnement was amazing, and I also meet Lutti, a streamer in the toilet during a break, it's a bit awkward to speak to someone in the toilet, so I of course don't ask him for a photo.

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down