UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 childhood memory

+8
salomevanhulle
Admin
Laura Mondamert
robin.stk
MaSerre
zooégr
kinz
Clement G
12 posters

Go down

Week 6 childhood memory Empty Week 6 childhood memory

Post by Clement G Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:17 pm

childhood memory

Clement G

Omaïma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 childhood memory Empty Childhood "nightmaremory"

Post by Clement G Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:20 pm

Hello everyone,
This time I'm going to tell you about a childhood memory
It was a nightmare, the worst I ever had, to tell you the truth I still remember it well today.
I must have been 5 or 6 years old, I'm terrible at putting a date on an event, sorry.
So I'm going to tell you my nightmare.
In my nightmare, I was experiencing the scene through my eyes, I was in bed and I had just woken up in the night. It was quiet and I could see through the window that it was dark outside, I kept my duvet on, and just my eyes were sticking out.
That's when I saw someone coming in through the window (I was on the top floor of my building), with my duvet over me, I watched the scene trying to be discreet and not get spotted. It was a horrible witch who entered my childhood bedroom, she walked slowly and I only remember her horrible big hooked nose. She put her hand on my alarm clock and took it with her, she also left early through the window. I had been terribly frightened but at least she was gone. That's when I woke up from the nightmare ... it was daylight, and when I got out of bed, I couldn't see my alarm clock and there were neon green footprints where the witch of my nightmare had walked all over my room !!!! I thought it had really happened and it made my blood run cold! And that's when I REALLY woke up from the nightmare that had terrified me at the time.

Thanks for reading and have a good week group 2
Clément

Clement G

Admin and Omaïma like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 childhood memory Empty good memory

Post by kinz Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:49 pm

When I played with my dad. I was between 6 and 9 and we used to go to the park just next to my house, in Angoulême to go rollerblading and to play football. We also used to playe with a remote-control Ferrari during hours and hours. In this park there were also playgrounds with sand, slides, swings,... It makes me nostalgic to think about that because I can remember a lot of detals, and it's one of my best childhood memory.

kinz

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 childhood memory Empty Re: Week 6 childhood memory

Post by zooégr Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:01 pm

For this new theme, I have a childhood memory, but unfortunately it is not otherwise it would not be funny
I don't know exactly how old I was when I had this little accident, but I was quite young, less than 10 years old.
we were at a friend's house with my parents, and I remember one detail, the color of my tights, I had very thick and slippery dark grey tights.
The friends in question had stairs, but not big stairs, just two small steps that led to the rooms, you feel the trick coming?
So, we were playing, running around and what was supposed to happen, happened
I fell down the stairs, the stairs of two steps but I didn't fall on my butt or anything, no I fell on my chin! HORRIBLE
So, I skip the details, but a lot of blood, I was put on the work surface where my blood ran everywhere and I ended up in the emergency room, I was operated on, and today I have a scar that is not straight at all and very badly made on my chin

zooégr

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 childhood memory Empty memory

Post by MaSerre Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:08 pm

Sorry for my posts in the forum... I'm not very inspired.

A memory from my childhood...
I have a cousin who is exactly the same age as me and we were like twins. Very blonde, same haircut and we often had the same clothes.
One day we went to her neighbors' house who had a hammock. We were having fun climbing in the hammock and we had the wonderful idea that I would lie down in it. I had to close the hammock over my head so that my cousin could make me do spins on myself in it.
Of course, I would spin on myself until I let go of the hammock and was facing the ground. I fell very hard, we went home and told my aunt that my shoulder was very sore (without really explaining why). My aunt didn't take me seriously, and she gave me arnica pellets even though I had a broken collarbone!
So I spent the night SUFFERING before my mom picked me up.

MaSerre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by robin.stk Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:15 pm

One of my childhood memory is when my dad left for severals month for his job.
I felt charge with a mission, to protect my mom and my bro during this month. I thought i was the guy who should secure the house. I know that i couldn't do anything but in my mind i was the little king, the strong man who had to protect the house. Till today, for me the mission is not over and i do my possible to protect and make proud my family although my father is now here Very Happy ! Haha

robin.stk

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mondamert Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:59 pm

Hi everyone !

When I was young 11-12 years old, I am doing artistic gymnastics twice a week (Monday and Thursday) in competitions. I wasn’t too bad and my sport teachers’ and they wanted to switch me to tree time a week and that I stay more longer to the other seance for « private lessons ». But a week before my new planning, I fell from one gym apparatus and I broke my left elbow. My bone was broken and moved. I wore a plaster cast on my elbow for 3 months. After, I wore a splint for 3 months and after that I was sports stop for 3 months again. So, I quit sport for 1 year and when I start again it was really difficult and I was scared. So it was the end of my career Week 6 childhood memory 1f602 .

See you tomorrow

Laura Mondamert

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:38 pm

zooégr wrote:For this new theme, I have a childhood memory, but unfortunately it is not otherwise it would not be funny
I don't know exactly how old I was when I had this little accident, but I was quite young, less than 10 years old.
we were at a friend's house with my parents, and I remember one detail, the color of my tights, I had very thick and slippery dark grey tights.
The friends in question had stairs, but not big stairs, just two small steps that led to the rooms, you feel the trick coming?
So, we were playing, running around and what was supposed to happen, happened
I fell down the stairs, the stairs of two steps but I didn't fall on my butt or anything, no I fell on my chin! HORRIBLE
So, I skip the details, but a lot of blood, I was put on the work surface where my blood ran everywhere and I ended up in the emergency room, I was operated on, and today I have a scar that is not straight at all and very badly made on my chin

The earliest memory I have of myself is falling over the front handlebars of my trike and my teeth going through my lip. I still have the scar under my lip and chin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by salomevanhulle Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:56 pm

Like most children, when I was little I believed in Santa Claus.

I used to dream about this time of year, especially when there was snow. At school, we made our own Christmas items for the school market, sang songs, and took pictures with Santa. Finally, there was a drawing competition in which I always participated but without success.

The most memorable and magical memories were on Christmas Eve. My sisters would take me for a walk outside, and when I came back, Santa had already dropped off the presents, I had missed him again. When the weather was bad, they would call me to put make-up on them, and then I would hear a bell ringing to indicate that Santa had passed. Once again I had unfortunately missed him.
My parents would leave the front door open or leave a few ashes on the floor to make me think he had come into the house.

It was one of my favourite times of the year and I have very fond memories of it.

salomevanhulle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 6 childhood memory Empty Donkeys and brambles (:

Post by Omaïma Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:14 pm

A childhood memory ?
There are so many ! It is not an easy subject, which one to choose ? What about a good memory ? A bad memory ?

Personally, I will talk about a good memory, that unfortunately turned into a bad one :
I was with my family, on vacation in the south of France. With my older brother, we were riding donkeys (="à dos d'ânes"?) (our parents next to us for more security hihi ). But, it was not enough, because the donkey (mine) was hungry, so he went to graze on the sides of the path, and I, very small, I did not know how to react, so brambles (="ronces" -> plants with big big prickles) attacked me ! They caught me at the level of the neck, and the donkey continued to advance, to advance, to advance, the brambles planted themselves more and more in my neck (and me, during this time, I did not react : neither crying, neither tears, nothing affraid ), so then my parents did not see it at once !
The little story ended that I went to the hospital, with lots of stitches (="points de sutures"), parents in panic of which my mom had to remove the brambles with her nails etc... It was not pretty ! I think I was 5 years old and I have a beautiful scar that I still have...because of a donkey greedy lol! ! .
Week 6 childhood memory Ronces12

Omaïma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heitiare YIP Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:28 pm

One of the memories that stayed in my head and traumatized me was the time I was almost swept away by the sea current.

One day, my best friend invited me on a "motu" (a very small island, there are several in French Polynesia). During this day, we had a barbecue, we walked on the island, we played badminton but of course we also went to swim in the sea and paddle. And so by making of the paddle, we let ourselves carried by the current except that at a time, this one was too strong. We fell from the paddle and we started to move away more and more from the shore. I started to panic because I could not advance to reach the beach since I also had to bring back the paddle and the oar. Fortunately I managed to keep calm and escape the current.

Basically, even if I come from an island, I don't like to go to the sea because there are dangerous fish (stonefish) and other horrible animals but since this time, I am less reassured about not touching the ground in the water.

Heitiare YIP

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Margot.H Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:38 pm

One of my childhood memories? There are so many...

When I was little, I lived in a house that was in front of a wood, so I spent all my days playing in the woods with my two older brothers. When I think back, they were wonderful moments, full of innocence and simplicity.

We built huts, had mud fights, rode bikes, played in the stream, built arches: we discovered life in our own way and at our own pace.

I loved all those moments with my big brothers, they protected me. Once, I remember, we were in the middle of an earth ball battle with our neighbor (you have to know that the earth had a rather compact text, therefore rather hard, like clay not dry). That day, my mission was to make up the balls and give them to my brothers. And, while going to give them to my brother Leo, a ball from the neighbor hit me !!!!!! Leo got angry and ran after the neighbor with a piece of wood in his hands, insulting him: "You are crazy to throw that at my little sister!

I will always remember this day, and besides we love to tell this anecdote at our family meals.

Margot.H

Back to top Go down

Post by Leaaa Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:14 pm

It seems like the childhood memory we thnk about the most are those who hurts or scared us

When I was a child, I had a very painful experiment involving my teeth. I don’t really know why, kids are dumbs when they are four year old, but I put my jacket in my mouth. And then, a friend of mine pull it of my mouth, breaking two of my teeth in the motion. I cried a lot, the teacher called my mother and she took me to the dentist. He told me that he will have to pull out the remaining parts of my teeth, but that I won’t feel anything because he will put some gas in my mouth to desensitize it. It was a lie, it hurts really bad and a cried a lot (again).

Leaaa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:01 am

Heitiare YIP wrote:One of the memories that stayed in my head and traumatized me was the time I was almost swept away by the sea current.

One day, my best friend invited me on a "motu" (a very small island, there are several in French Polynesia). During this day, we had a barbecue, we walked on the island, we played badminton but of course we also went to swim in the sea and paddle. And so by making of the paddle, we let ourselves carried by the current except that at a time, this one was too strong. We fell from the paddle and we started to move away more and more from the shore. I started to panic because I could not advance to reach the beach since I also had to bring back the paddle and the oar. Fortunately I managed to keep calm and escape the current.

Basically, even if I come from an island, I don't like to go to the sea because there are dangerous fish (stonefish) and other horrible animals but since this time, I am less reassured about not touching the ground in the water.

Nature is amazing. I've had this problem a few times in my life. I love the sea but it can kill you easily.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Omaïma likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:02 am

Leaaa wrote:It seems like the childhood memory we thnk about the most are those who hurts or scared us

When I was a child, I had a very painful experiment involving my teeth. I don’t really know why, kids are dumbs when they are four year old, but I put my jacket in my mouth. And then, a friend of mine pull it of my mouth, breaking two of my teeth in the motion. I cried a lot, the teacher called my mother and she took me to the dentist. He told me that he will have to pull out the remaining parts of my teeth, but that I won’t feel anything because he will put some gas in my mouth to desensitize it. It was a lie, it hurts really bad and a cried a lot (again).

Never believe a dentist.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down