UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subject 5 Police - article and general policing.

+2
Marion R
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Subject 5 Police - article and general policing. Empty Subject 5 Police - article and general policing.

Post by Admin Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:34 pm

Well done in the discussions today. This is a thread for you to write those things that you wanted to say but didn't get a chance to say.

Champigny
No go areas
Drugs problem
Different police Bodies
Community policing
Sarkozy, Macron and governmental promises
Policing by consent
Police suicides
Police training
Other country's systems
ideas for solutions
etc...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Subject 5 Police - article and general policing. Empty Re: Subject 5 Police - article and general policing.

Post by Marion R Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Sorry for the connection issue this morning...

I will try to speak better here.
Besides, after reflection, I found an answer to the question you asked me at the end. As a reminder, the question was "why did the relationship with the police go better in the past than today?".
My answer is : I think the relationship is the same, it all depends on the events where we are more or less close to them. We think the relationship has gone downhill as we see and talk about them more today, in bad.
Today, with the social networks as soon as something is wrong, we say it, on twitter for example, illustrated with a video. In addition, the media only tell us about the "mistakes" of the police, but not all the good things they do next.
Of course, there are police officers who act badly, are racist, and use their powers to demean others. But unfortunately they are everywhere, whatever the profession.

Finally, a little information: today is the national day against school bullying. If you see something or are victims, call 30 20.

Marion R

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Subject 5 Police - article and general policing. Empty Re: Subject 5 Police - article and general policing.

Post by Bastien Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:49 pm

I think that the various conflicts between police officers and suburban residents have been growing in recent years. I don't think it's the fault of one or the other, but rather the fault of certain individuals. There are bad policemen and bad suburbanites. People don't deserve this violence, it shouldn't exist. We have often heard it over the last few months with the "Black Lives Matter", especially with the death of Georges Floyd who was strangled by a policeman. Certainly this policeman killed him, but not all policemen are the same. The number of suicides by police officers is constantly increasing because they wonder if their work is right. It is possible that police officers are not trained enough to be police officers. In the article it is said that it takes 8 months of training to practice strangulation, compared to 2-3 years in Northern European countries. We can see a difference that is huge enough to properly train French police officers. Of course, training does not change everything, but it could perhaps better prepare some police officers to control their coolness and to avoid error on the population.

Bastien

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by célie verdois Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:16 pm

To start this article has taught me a lot. I have not a god knowledge about the situation in the suburbs. I have always thought that officer have a good and specific training to work in these difficult neighbourhoods. So I am very surprised to learn that training its only 8 month! The article says that Anglo-Saxon countries have 2 to 3-year training, that should the same in France.
I think that police work is getting harder and harder. People in suburbs have not respect for police and have more weapons and no fear. Officers have no experience, no knowledge of people and violence increase. This problem is not only in France, but we also see many problems in USA, like George Floyd.
I think that it is necessary to act quickly to have not the same result. When we are in police work in suburbs is not a dream whereas this job is necessary. May be if the system changes, the police will want to do their job. If they have more and better training about this people, and better knowledge the danger would decrease. The government should act now to have a positive impact, suburbs represent numerous people and officer.

célie verdois

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by coline Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:47 pm

I looked several documents about this subject and I think this fracture has appeared at World War 2, during Vichy government because this government armed the police for repression.
Now, policemen have many weapons like baton, aerosol, tear gas grenade, electroshock weapon, noise bomb etc to avoid use lethal weapons but these weapons have been used during war and the first objective of the police is security of citizens with collaboration of social workers who have disappeared in suburbs.

coline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaroleMikhail Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:16 pm

I started paying attention to police brutality with the “George Floyd” incident that took place in the United States and seemingly, it’s not much different in the suburbs, and I believe that there’s a reason why we see these kinds of conflict in some places but not the others.

I said in the discussion that I think this was orchestrated by the people in charge, maybe it’s not, maybe this is only the effect of racism and lack of qualification from the police side, along with violence and frustration from the other end of the equation, but what if it is orchestrated by the people responsible for police officers recruiting? Maybe they are willingly putting unqualified strangers (and maybe racists) in charge of security in those areas to keep people busy fighting the police instead of having the luxury to pay attention to who’s actually neglecting them and creating these conflicts in the first place. But who knows, maybe I’m wrong.

CaroleMikhail

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:05 pm

CaroleMikhail wrote:I started paying attention to police brutality with the “George Floyd” incident that took place in the United States and seemingly, it’s not much different in the suburbs, and I believe that there’s a reason why we see these kinds of conflict in some places but not the others.

I said in the discussion that I think this was orchestrated by the people in charge, maybe it’s not, maybe this is only the effect of racism and lack of qualification from the police side, along with violence and frustration from the other end of the equation, but what if it is orchestrated by the people responsible for police officers recruiting? Maybe they are willingly putting unqualified strangers (and maybe racists) in charge of security in those areas to keep people busy fighting the police instead of having the luxury to pay attention to who’s actually neglecting them and creating these conflicts in the first place.  But who knows, maybe I’m wrong.

Frightening thought.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down