UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free menstrual protection

+8
Tess
coline
Bastien
Emmannuelle
Gwenola
Marion R
célie verdois
Elsa
12 posters

Go down

Free menstrual protection Empty Free menstrual protection

Post by Elsa Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:19 pm

Hello John,

Today we have decided to talk about a daring but little discussed subject : free menstrual protection. I think this is complicated to judge about this topic but in my opinion, that should be refund in part by our insurance company because we, as women, are forced to buy these products on a monthly basis and that, if you do the sum on a yearly basis, is very expensive for us. And as you may know, on female hygiene products there is a pink tax which means that every female product costs more than male products. For example, female razors cost more than male razors. So if we already have to pay for our hygienic products, but they add a tax, it is not at all financially advantageous for us. The price of a packet of sanitary towels is not high, but if we calculate with an average price of 2.5 multiplied by 12 months, we reach 30€. To this we add tampons, cups, dolipranes and spafons for those with painful periods and the price per year increases rapidly. So, I think that a small part reimbursed annually by the mutual insurance companies would be a benevolent and useful aid, we don't choose to have our period so we should be helped. Very Happy

Elsa

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Free menstrual protection Empty Re: Free menstrual protection

Post by célie verdois Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:25 pm

My group has chosen to speak about free menstrual protection. Currently this topic makes a polemic because people think that isn’t normal to pay for menstrual protection. There are movement and event in different country. This question concerns every woman in the world and social network shows this question. In the last two weeks a picture circulates in social network and many people chare this picture. It represents a young woman with a crown make in menstrual protection. Concerning repayment, I think women want equality with men because they haven’t this expense. I’m not sure that is a cost problem for woman but it’s sociologic. However, the cost can be important for a woman who has several daughters, she by lot of menstrual protection. France is a country who repays lot of product, we can imagine the repayment of menstrual protection quickly.

célie verdois

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion R Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:40 pm

Hello John,

Happy new year !

Elsa introduced the subject very good. Menstrual protection doesn't cost much but try to calculate our total expenses. It's horrible. And we have obliged to buy them during about 60 years.
So, yes I agree with menstrual protection free. To start, we can get 50% refund. That would be a big evolution !

However, it exists reusable menstrual panties. With it, we can save money. I don't have the chance to try them but one friend told me that it changed life.

I want to believe in these changes.

Marion R

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenola Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Hello John, Happy New Year !

Free menstrual protection is an important issue because it affects all women in the world, but it is also a topical one. Indeed, Scottish Members of Parliament's voted in November for free menstrual protection for all in public places. Important point to note: the law was passed unanimously. And in the rest of the world, where are they at? I have done some research and found some information that I didn't know about.

In the United States, in Wisconsin, legislators have introduced a bill that would make free hygiene supplies available in the washrooms of all public facilities in the state.
In South Korea, in 2017, the state will introduce a payment card awarded on social criteria (e.g., students receiving free schooling). The card allows the user to order the hygiene product of his or her choice in a shop or on the internet.
In the United Kingdom, in 2017, the first vending machine for basic necessities including hygiene protection for the homeless was installed in Nottingham.
Finally, in Germany, some cafés and museums are putting tampons on self-service in the toilets.

I hope that this subject will remain topical as long as the laws have not changed !

Gwenola

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmannuelle Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Happy New Year John!
To start this year we have decided to talk about free hygiene protection.
It is a subject that seems to me essential being myself a woman and therefore needing it daily.
Recently I read an article informing me that Scotland will become the first country in the world to implement this principle. This article made me want to learn more about the subject and that's when I discovered (I probably should have known, but sometimes seeing it written makes it more real) that many women in precarious situations did not have the means to provide for this vital need. Obviously I became indignant and wondered what I could do on my own.
I found out that there were many associations that give hygienic protection to women in need. Having a contraceptive method that allows me to stop menstruating, I decided to give away my hygienic protections that were of no use to me.
It's not much, I realize that, and I hope that the decision of the Scottish Parliament will help to stimulate debate in other countries and allow decisions to be made in the same direction.

Emmannuelle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Free menstrual protection Empty Free menstrual protection

Post by Bastien Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:55 pm

Hi John! Happy New Year! I hope your holidays went well!

The subject of free menstrual protection doesn't really speak to me. Maybe because I'm a boy... I'll try to do my best...
To begin with I find that paying for menstrual protection is a bit abused because it's not their fault if women menstruate. I think it should become free because I suppose it's expensive at the end of the year. The patches to stop smoking are reimbursed by social security, why are menstrual protections not? The people who decide to smoke cigarettes have chosen them, menstruation they did not choose them.

Bastien

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by coline Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Hello John,
First, HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
Secondly, we decided to speak about free menstrual protections for women. I have not read the other texts so… if I repeat something that has already been said, I am sorry.
Menstrual protections should be free because it is a natural thing for women so I think they should not have to pay for it and today these protections are not free in France, so every not menopausal woman has to pay every month. These protections can cost until around five euros per month (?) (I don’t remember because I don’t have menstrual periods anymore thanks to my contraceptive (however, it’s not good but anyway, it’s an other topic)). At some point, I heard a polemic about this subject and about the fact that, in some countries, menstrual protections are refund by social insurance.

coline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tess Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:32 pm

Hello John !!! Happy new year 🎆
Subject : Free menstrual protection

This subject is important today, we have recently seen many initiatives and associations fighting for free protection. I find that there is hope, a lot of things and aids have been put in place to help the women who need it most. I think it is a good thing that some of these protections are available free of charge. I think that things could be changed on a larger scale, gestures of solidarity are a good start but it will not be enough to achieve a feasible solution in the long term. Aid, reimbursements for this kind of products could be envisaged.
Concerning protection, personally, I believe in it. Women are ready to fight and I am sure that with this determination we will succeed.

Tess

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by auxane Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:43 pm

Hello John, i would like to talk about free menstrual protections. I think that the hygienic protections should be free or be reimbursed because they are essential products for women.
Moreover, the fact that it is paying and costly widens inequalities between women because there are womens who live on the streets and who do not have the means to buy hygienic protection.
I think too that this products shouldn't be that expensive.
Making health protection free would make it possible to provide access to all and therefore reduce inequalities.

auxane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Titouan Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Hi John,

First of all, happy new year, I hope you'll have a good year,

The topic, like Bastien said, it's maybe hard for a boy because some of us don't know the price of a packet of tampon, this is really stupid when I'm thinking cause. This mean, when you're not concerned by a topic, a product or whatever, you don't care ? it's really sad to think like this, but int's not just our fault. In fact, for my opinion, the school can have a role about this subject, firstly by democratizing the menstrual, explaining easily and learning precautions. just with this element, we have the informations about the topic and after we can have an opinion. Because the key of the learning is to exchange and to be open mind and not only with our troubles, differences...
I d'ont want to give my opinion about if it should be free or not, because I am not sufficiently informed,  in spite of I agree more than I disagree. But I want to focus on the fact that we are all poorly informed about certain causes, a phenomenon that deserves more intention and importance.

Titouan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Auriane Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:19 am

Happy New Year Mr. COX !

We start the year with an important topic, free menstrual protection.
This "obligation to buy" for women from puberty to menopause.
We did not choose to be born a woman and yet from the moment we were born it meant that we would pay more than a man, especially with the "pink tax". Access to menstrual protection should not be a privilege.
Some countries have passed the milestone of free menstrual protection, those that are truly committed to the well-being of the population.
France is not one of them, it seems to me that there is only one mutual insurance company that offers a rembursement package. Namely that the most financially affordable protection is the most harmful to health, so isn't it a question of public health? For a very short time now, new protections have been put forward, but quite honestly this represents an investment.
No woman should have to work in order to buy enough money to support her menstrual period every month.
Auriane
Auriane

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Elsa wrote:Hello John,

Today we have decided to talk about a daring but little discussed subject : free menstrual protection. I think this is complicated to judge about this topic but in my opinion, that should be refund in part by our insurance company because we, as women, are forced to buy these products on a monthly basis and that, if you do the sum on a yearly basis, is very expensive for us. And as you may know, on female hygiene products there is a pink tax which means that every female product costs more than male products. For example, female razors cost more than male razors. So if we already have to pay for our hygienic products, but they add a tax, it is not at all financially advantageous for us. The price of a packet of sanitary towels is not high, but if we calculate with an average price of 2.5 multiplied by 12 months, we reach 30€. To this we add tampons, cups, dolipranes and spafons for those with painful periods and the price per year increases rapidly. So, I think that a small part reimbursed annually by the mutual insurance companies would be a benevolent and useful aid, we don't choose to have our period so we should be helped. Very Happy

1.We are forced to buy food too. Should the price of that be refunded?
2. The pink tax is criminal and should be looked at (there are other similar minority based taxes too).
3. I think it's a good suggestion but why not have it included in the medical/health coverage like other medicines we all buy?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:55 pm

Gwenola wrote:Hello John, Happy New Year !

Free menstrual protection is an important issue because it affects all women in the world, but it is also a topical one. Indeed, Scottish Members of Parliament's voted in November for free menstrual protection for all in public places. Important point to note: the law was passed unanimously. And in the rest of the world, where are they at? I have done some research and found some information that I didn't know about.

In the United States, in Wisconsin, legislators have introduced a bill that would make free hygiene supplies available in the washrooms of all public facilities in the state.
In South Korea, in 2017, the state will introduce a payment card awarded on social criteria (e.g., students receiving free schooling). The card allows the user to order the hygiene product of his or her choice in a shop or on the internet.
In the United Kingdom, in 2017, the first vending machine for basic necessities including hygiene protection for the homeless was installed in Nottingham.
Finally, in Germany, some cafés and museums are putting tampons on self-service in the toilets.

I hope that this subject will remain topical as long as the laws have not changed !

I'm pretty sure that menstrual products are now available in schools for young ladies in the UK.

Scotland has also become the first country in the world to provide free period products for everybody https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/24/scotland-becomes-first-nation-to-provide-free-period-products-for-all
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down