UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Session 5

+15
Labaste Jules
GUEHO Timothe
idris hamidi
LuceGaetan
Vincent CHOLLET
Grondin Tom
Julien Asselin
Sabri El Madi
LORENZI Emma
Romain BERTRAND
Matteo
Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE
Mathis
Clément Blanchet
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Semester 2 Session 5

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:04 pm

The two subjects are: "The effect of High School Musical on sexism" and "Childhood Cartoons" Suspect
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Re: Semester 2 Session 5

Post by Clément Blanchet Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:39 pm

As I haven't watched High School Musical, and I'm convinced that I'll never view it, I'll talk to you about sexism in Childhood Cartoons.

Indeed you must have noticed that Disney sings the praises of stereotypes and sexist representation. For instance, mean Siameses cats with slitty-eyes from Lady and the Tramp represents the paroxysm of stereotypes about Asiatic culture.

Moreover, some movies with a princess and Prince Charming hyper-sexualize men and women, transmitting this cliché to our youth. What a pity! Therefore, girls watching this kind of cartoon will think all their life that they should live like princesses, with desperate knights that will do anything for them without having to produce efforts. Nonetheless, most of Disney's childhood cartoons stand up for more moral values, as Ariel, with her hidden message: I'm an intelligent woman that is fed up with swimming and that is ready to fight for feminist causes.

What is your opinion? Do you think that Mulan praises stereotypes?

Clément Blanchet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi John, today I'm gonna choose the subject "Childhood cartoons". When I was little I didn't watch TV much because my parents didn't like it. However, when I could, I loved watching one channel in particular: "Gulli". It is a children's channel where cartoons are often broadcast. I loved watching this channel because the cartoons on offer were often very cool. I also often watched France 3 where cartoons were sometimes shown. I loved watching "Corneil et Bernie", "Oggy et les Cafards", "Les Zinzins de l'Espace", "Foot de Rue", "Les Simpsons"... All these cartoons rocked my childhood and I believe that I will always remember them. Very Happy

Mathis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:42 pm

I never watch High School Musical and when I was little, I didn't watch TV like Mathis for the same reason and because I went everytime after the school to the beach. We can almost say that I discovered cartoons on TV when I came there. When I was very little I watched Dora during rainy days but that's it.
I discovered Gulli at 8yo maybe but I didn't really like watching TV, maybe because I was not used to it. I don't think that was a bad thing, I enjoyed a lot of other things, in the real life I mean, and I think that I was one of the luckiest child.

Lola ESPOSITO-FARESE

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:37 pm

Clément Blanchet wrote:

As I haven't watched High School Musical, and I'm convinced that I'll never view it, I'll talk to you about sexism in Childhood Cartoons.

Indeed you must have noticed that Disney sings the praises of stereotypes and sexist representation. For instance, mean Siameses cats with slitty-eyes from Lady and the Tramp represents the paroxysm of stereotypes about Asiatic culture.

Moreover, some movies with a princess and Prince Charming hyper-sexualize men and women, transmitting this cliché to our youth. What a pity! Therefore, girls watching this kind of cartoon will think all their life that they should live like princesses, with desperate knights that will do anything for them without having to produce efforts. Nonetheless, most of Disney's childhood cartoons stand up for more moral values, as Ariel, with her hidden message: I'm an intelligent woman that is fed up with swimming and that is ready to fight for feminist causes.

What is your opinion? Do you think that Mulan praises stereotypes?

Disney are the dark side of the force.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:33 pm

Hello John,
I think that I am the only boy who watched High School Musical. Indeed, when I was a child, I loved these movies.
Personally, I think that this movie changed the mindset of teenagers on sexism because when. we watch the movie we can see Troy, who is a basketball player who play in the university team, choose the sing rather than the basketball (which is a sport very masculine). He choose the sing also because he have a little crush on Gabriella.
Troy devotes himself to singing and contradicts all the prejudices and stereotypes that exist about men (who play basketball) and women (who sing or dance).
It's not just High School Musical that contradicts sexisms prejudices.

Matteo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain BERTRAND Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:55 am

When I was young I didn't have the beach next to my house like Lola so I spent a big part of my childhood in front of TV. And we had very good things ! The best are « Foot de rue », « Galactic Football », « Code lyoko », « Les zinzins de l’espace », « Pokemon », « Les mini justiciers » and the best one « Beyblade » !
Some of those cartoons still exist but they have been remastered and it's a disaster for the eyes. The graphics are really really bad. It is a stab in our childhood to see that. In any case, I thank Tf1, the zouzou of France 5, France 4 and Gulli for all these good moments.
(And I personally liked High School Musical Wink )

Romain BERTRAND

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZI Emma Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:06 am

I watch High School Musical maybe 1.000 times (it was my favorite one when I was a child). And I will prove you that this Disney teenmovie show an evolution and a bit of feminism.

Fisrt of all, Gabriela is the main character (with Troy) and think to go to study far away of him to study Chemistry. In this movie, women are the smartest ones and have the greatest ambitions : engineers, presidents of the US... In the most old movies I saw, women where here to « support » their husband in their carrier, in this movie it isn’t the case.

Troy Bolton is proud that he likes theater, but in the first part of the movie, he was ashamed to tell to his friend that he enjoyed singing (he was scared that his friend laugh at him).
The movie is now more than 11 years old, it is not showing diversity in gender and sexuality, but I think that at this time it was not a habit. Nevertheless, Ryan (Sharpey’s brother) is a real stylish dude and is not afraid of dresses, pink clothes and glitters. Pink pants are the move, no matter the gender or sexuality. He is straight because he ask Kelsey to prom.
Sharpey is maybe the worst « cliché" of the mean girl but without her the movie can’t exist.

LORENZI Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabri El Madi Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:04 pm

Cartoons cradled my childhood, whether it was while eating snacks or on Sunday mornings I loved to watch cartoons. Disney like Spirit or Tarzan, the Pixar like Monsters and cie, Toys story or those who passed by in the morning before going to school or on Wednesday lunchtime: the Minijustice, scooby doo were part of my childhood...
However my favorite cartoons were Franklin and the Teletubbies.
I even had stuffed like his cartoons. My sister and I knew all the movie quote and songs by heart. Even today with the fact that
I have a little sister we still watch the new generation of cartoons. But I really think that the cartoons of our childhood were much better than those of the new generation.

Sabri El Madi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:55 am

I decided to talk about the subject " childhood cartoon ", because I'm not a fan of High School Musical. when I was little i watched cartoons all the time, I was a big fan of "Code Lyoko", "Galactic football" and "Scooby-doo" (but those of our time, because those of today they are not very good) . In general, I find that today's series are less good than those of our time.

Julien Asselin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 5 Empty Childhood Cartoons

Post by Grondin Tom Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Hi i'm going to talk about childhood cartoons ! cheers
I really love cartoons since I'm really young I love chanel like Canal J or Gulli or disney channel which was probably the best one because we could see Selena gomez on the witcher of waverly place , every young boy know what I mean. cherry
What ever I think cartoons are important for child to help them dream and build themself. Moreover ofr your parents that keep us busy ! So cartoons are worth ! lol!

Grondin Tom

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:28 pm

Today I'm going to tell you about the cartoons from my childhood. When I was little I watched TV a lot, but most of the time I preferred to play football outside with my brothers. But when I had the opportunity to watch TV, I watched "Gulli" a lot, which is the most watched channel by young people, because it only broadcasts children's films or cartoons. I watched a lot of football cartoons like “foot de rue ”, “galactic football”, “inazuma eleven”, “olive et tom”. But there have also been other cartoons like “les Zouzous” on France 5, “Yakari” on France 3, “Marcelino” on TF1…

Vincent CHOLLET

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:38 pm

This week's topic is children's cartoons. When we were naked as kids, we had incredible cartoons ! "My Pirate Family", "Corneil & Bernie", "Pokemon", "Sponge Bob", "Galactic Football", "Foot 2 Rue", "Inazuma Eleven", "The Rats", "Oggie & the Cockroaches", "Space Zinzins", "Scooby Doo"... and so on. These cartoons were incredible and I would put in my top 3: 3rd: "Foot 2 street", in 2nd: "Galactic Football" and in 1st: "Les Ratz". When I see today's cartoons I think they really suck compared to our childhood cartoons. Afterwards I also watched cartoons of all generations like: "The Mysterious Cities of Gold", "Olive and Tom"...

LuceGaetan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:01 pm

I am going to talk to you today about "Cartoons from my childhood" When I was little, I watched TV a lot so I am clearly a collable on this subject. All the channels were shown there whether its Tfou in the morning on the 1 or even france 3 with scooby-doo, street football, loones Tunes, titi and Grosminet, tom and jerry or even on w9 with the simpsons bonus every saturday evening, or even gulli where there were h24 cartoons in short a nice palette of chains to have a good chill time. Later I did not let go of the good old habit I continue watching animes, they are certainly cartoons but with intrigue worthy of the best masterpieces. High school muscical I have not watched it is not going my head I'm a good man .... it's wrong it's on TV one day or I'm bored and in real life it goes.

idris hamidi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GUEHO Timothe Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:40 pm

I think cartoons are one of the few things that all young children have in common. At the same time, how could you not want to fall into the vicious trap of cartoons that are so good when you're young, innocent? I say vicious because a young child alone in front of a cartoon channel like Gulli would stay all day on TV instead of moving around, doing sports. Hence the importance of parents in controlling the screen time of young children. Know that I still find myself following cartoons with passion when I'm with my little cousins? However, as Clément explained, cartoons also carry more or less hidden messages.

GUEHO Timothe

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Labaste Jules Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:36 am

Hello John.
Like many of us, I haven't watched High Scool Musical, so I decided to speak about Childhood Cartoons.
When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time in front of cartoons.
The most popular TV channels were Jetix, Disney XD, Canal J, Gulli, or France 2/3/4...
My favorite cartoons were Galacktik Football, Foot de Rue, Scooby-Doo, Power Rangers, and much more... Very Happy
Unfortunately, many of these cartoons no longer exist today and there are even now other versions derived from some cartoons Mad

Labaste Jules

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:10 pm

For this week, I decided to speak about chilhood cartoons because I love them and I don't understand the other subject. When I was young I watched a lot of cartoons that I don't remember, but I remember few cartoons like Corneille et bernie, Pokemon, Galactic football, foot 2 rue... I think it's more cartoon for primary school child, not in chilhood but I don' remember. Then I think the parents have to be careful with the time their child watch tv because it's not good to have too much technology at a young age.

Hugo Wannepain

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:21 pm

I have never watch high school musical so my choice is already done... childhood cartoons !

When I was young, I watched "les minijusticiers" a lot. The story is in a school and people are embodied by animals who talks. It is about harassment and at every time, the bullied receives super power and justice was done. The funniest part is that the tough guys are bad dangerous animals like wolves or crocodile and they always get kick by the little ones.

Now, during weekends breakfasts, I watch Yakari. It allows me to relax after the week.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:21 pm

Oh, I really like this topic !
I, as 99% of children I think, love cartoons. I watched a lot of them, but I didn't have the chance to have CanalSat, I wasn't in th rich team, so I couldn't see a lot of insane cartoons that my friend could see (#RichPeople'sProblem).
I guess that my favourite cartoon was Pokemon, I by the way listened to every single Pokemon opening today.
I also loved Galactik football, a french cartoon, firstly because it was just insane, secondly because I was looking at it when I was playing soccer. I still can say the intro, when a character explain the world and the speech, it starts with (but in English) "The peoples of the galaxy master fantastic powers called "fluids". Their power is such that they have been forbidden to use them, except in one field, a sport that has become the most spectacular of all, the Galactik football."
A little fun fact to conclude. I often do blind tests with my friends, and we always search blind tests that include cartoons openings.

Evan Rebierre

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Seguin Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:29 pm

I love children’s cartoons. I watched a lot of them when I was a kid and I always watch them with my little cousins when he’s on TV. Scooby-Doo is my favorite cartoon. But I had a great time in front of Pokémon (I even had DVDs), L'ile des défis extrêmes, Phinéas and Ferb don the series follows the adventures of two half-brothers named Phinéas Flynn and Ferb Fletcher, who live in the fictitious town of Danville and want to occupy their summer holidays and who are very good engineers. I mean, right now, even though they’re not children’s cartoons, I’m a huge fan of Japanese cartoons like One Piece or Food Wars.

Tom Seguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down