UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester Session 8

+14
Chris Boutenet Lardy
clémence.varin
Landry NAULEAU
BABEAU Clémence
Nathan Fivet
camille crochet
Bedon hugo
Pardoux Emma
Paul Teillet
Luca Maroleau
Léna Le Bondé
Emeline CROUZEAUD
Thomas_Charp
Admin
18 posters

Go down

Semester  Session 8 Empty Semester Session 8

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:32 am

Women's rights is the subject for this week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester  Session 8 Empty Re: Semester Session 8

Post by Thomas_Charp Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:08 pm

Yesterday was International Women's day and during this day, we have seen a lot of publications on social networks like Instagram because this day is important for them. In my opinion, they are absolutely right to claim this day for them because, in our society, the "place" of women is low than men without any specific reason. Some studies said that women are good at school more than men, women work more than men in a job but have a bad salary, even during the last year, an argument has shown up about what women have to wear during school to not be provocative.
I think that today, and to be clear that's not only today but even before, women have to be equal to men, they have to earn the same salary, can do the same things as men, and just have the same right as men. You can find some videos that show that women are not equal to men and to give you an example, there you go :

Moreover, even if we talk about this, we can also talk about what women undergo by men on the street or social networks (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc....) but that's not the subject so if you want to discuss it we can talk it during class.

Thomas_Charp

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:55 am

Women's Rights Day took place on Monday March 8. This day is made to celebrate the rights of women and to value this. In many countries women do not have the same rights as men. In France, equality has improved a lot. I think we are lucky because this is not the same everywhere in the world. Many women are seen as inferior to men, they can't work and be independent. I find it good to have one day in the year that reminds us of the ethical progress of this subject and to sensitize people who do not know it, or to be able to help countries where equality is not registered in order to be able to develop it.

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:25 pm

Emeline CROUZEAUD wrote:Women's Rights Day took place on Monday March 8. This day is made to celebrate the rights of women and to value this. In many countries women do not have the same rights as men. In France, equality has improved a lot. I think we are lucky because this is not the same everywhere in the world. Many women are seen as inferior to men, they can't work and be independent. I find it good to have one day in the year that reminds us of the ethical progress of this subject and to sensitize people who do not know it, or to be able to help countries where equality is not registered in order to be able to develop it.

It's sad that we are lucky because women are more equal than in other countries (yet still not equal). Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Léna Le Bondé Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Women's rights is a subject that interests me because it is a cause that concerns me and around which there is much debate.
I am one of those people who are for the battle for women's rights. Because I think it is important that for a good community life men and women should have the same rights.
I don't think it's normal today that a woman and a man who have the same position and the same responsibilities in a company don't have the same salary, on the pretext that women are not as deserving.
But, it is true that compared to some countries, women have many rights in France, but that is not why we should close our eyes to it. This subject should not exist, and it won't exist anymore the day when women and men will have the same rights.

Léna Le Bondé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Maroleau Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:44 am

While Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen was signed in 1789, we see today that we are not yet in an egalitarian society in which each humans have the same rights.
Indeed, the fight for women's rights is still relevant and honestly, i don't understand why.
Why it has to exist yet ?
Why each human has not the same rights ?
Why has the world of politics and justice not yet acted sufficiently when we are supposedly in the land of human rights ?
So yes ! Many women like the warrior Simone Veil try to make life easier for women but it should already be obvious, fights like this should not be happening.
And yet it exists so we have to help them and support this cause because I think our generation is the one that will give back to half of the world's population the gratitude and respect that they deserve as everyone else.
I want that one day each women in the world could have the same access at education than men, i want a world where women are paid equally to men for the same work and i especially want a world where women can do what they want for their bodies without judgment.
Finally , I want to say that I trust one day that could be possible but we have to act in our stage to help them.
PS: I would like to thank my ex-girlfriend who was very committed to this issue and who passed on this commitment to me, making me want to fight for women's rights even more.

Luca Maroleau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Luca Maroleau wrote:While Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen was signed in 1789, we see today that we are not yet in an egalitarian society in which each humans have the same rights.
Indeed, the fight for women's rights is still relevant and honestly, i don't understand why.
Why it has to exist yet ?
Why each human has not the same rights ?
Why has the world of politics and justice not yet acted sufficiently when we are supposedly in the land of human rights ?
So yes ! Many women like the warrior Simone Veil try to make life easier for women but it should already be obvious, fights like this should not be happening.
And yet it exists so we have to help them and support this cause because I think our generation is the one that will give back to half of the world's population the gratitude and respect that they deserve as everyone else.
I want that one day each women in the world could have the same access at education than men, i want a world where women are paid equally to men for the same work and i especially want a world where women can do what they want for their bodies without judgment.
Finally , I want to say that I trust one day that could be possible but we have to act in our stage to help them.
PS: I would like to thank my ex-girlfriend who was very committed to this issue and who passed on this commitment to me, making me want to fight for women's rights even more.

Says it all really.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:02 pm

As everybody knows, last Monday was the international women’s day.
In my opinion, I think it is really sad that in 2021 we continue to talk about women’s rights, for me there should not be this kind of problems anymore and I don’t understand why it hasn’t been solved yet.
I know that in the past women didn’t work because it was just her husband, so they were seen as they can only cook and wash laundry. But now this era is gone since a long time and women are able to do the same jobs as men.
However there is still problems like salary, to give you numbers : for the same time of work, women’s salary corresponds to 81% of the men’s. And to give a concrete example this gap of money corresponds of seven weeks of volunteering work. It means that during these seven weeks men are paid but women not.
So I totally understand the anger of women and I hope this differences will quickly disappear.
To conclude I know that in the army, a lot of effort were done , there is no difference between men’s and women’s salary, everyone is consider at the same level, so this is a really good point and other jobs should take the example.

Paul Teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:32 pm

Paul Teillet wrote:As everybody knows, last Monday was the international women’s day.
In my opinion, I think it is really sad that in 2021 we continue to talk about women’s rights, for me there should not be this kind of problems anymore and I don’t understand why it hasn’t been solved yet.
I know that in the past women didn’t work because it was just her husband, so they were seen as they can only cook and wash laundry. But now this era is gone since a long time and women are able to do the same jobs as men.
However there is still problems like salary, to give you numbers : for the same time of work, women’s salary corresponds to 81% of the men’s. And to give a concrete example this gap of money corresponds of seven weeks of volunteering work. It means that during these seven weeks men are paid but women not.
So I totally understand the anger of women and I hope this differences will quickly disappear.
To conclude I know that in the army, a lot of effort were done , there is no difference between men’s and women’s salary, everyone is consider at the same level, so this is a really good point and other jobs should take the example.

Does the French army have women fighting on fronts the same as men?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Semester  Session 8 Empty Women' s right

Post by Pardoux Emma Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:30 am

On Monday 8 march it was the Women's international right day. In our ciuntry in France, there is still some inequality but this is not the issue because we still have a lot of rights. The rights to vote, to walk freely in the street, to have an abortion, to divorce, to work. Many rights that make sense for us but not for every women in the world. In rich country we have this rights because of the women you fight for that fews years ago. But for example in Africa, women have not got this chance, in certain country they can walk only, they always need to go outside with their brother or their father. The have no word to say, and only cook, clean the house and take of their children. In some country there is always force wedding, and sometimes the young girl of a family is promised to an old man just for the money. Certainely there are inquality in France and in other develop country but over the years, this has become more and more minimal whereas in other country we make a 20 years leap back and when men have an important place in the family. He really has a lag between some country. More and more association fight for women right in worldwide, for their well being, but this can make again a few years to change, because some people are really attach to their tradition.

Pardoux Emma

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:03 am

Wow it's a broad subject, i'm a womens so the subject concern me Semester  Session 8 1f636 . The problem is that the womens are not equal to men. In few areas it's normal like sport we can't demand the same level between men and womens it's a genetic problem so womens are physically disadvantaged but in everyday life it's sad to see that they can suffer physical or moral violence that's unacceptable. In work too, women if they occupy the same position as a men they should not have a lower salary. With the time i think that we should soon no longer see this. But in some country they live in the past, i think that in france we are in the good way. There is still a lot of mentality to change but I think that we, the new generations have understood this so i think it should work. I hope that

Bedon hugo

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by camille crochet Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:45 pm

This topic is of particular concern to me and it's a topic that still causes debate these days (when it shouldn't). Don't forget that Women's Rights Day is March 8!
Today, when we talk about women's rights, we can say that they are more respected than in the past. Great women have had to fight for our rights like Simone Veil for the right to abortion for example. The right to vote for women was also a long struggle. It was obtained in 1944, a century after the men's!! Today, equality between men and women is based on the salary, which has a huge gap between women's and men's salaries for the same position. But the fight is not only economic, there are still too many differences in many areas.

camille crochet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Fivet Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:26 pm

This week's topic is both interesting and important. Women's rights always make me think of someone who is Simone Veil. For me and for many others, she is an emblematic figure. Simone Veil was born on 13 July 1927 in Nice and died on 30 June 2017 in Paris. In 1974, she was appointed Minister of Health by President Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, who charged her with passing the law decriminalising a woman's recourse to voluntary interruption of pregnancy (abortion), a law that would later be commonly referred to as the "Veil Law". She was the first person to become President of the European Parliament, a position she held from 1979 to 1982. In 2008, Simone Veil was elected to the Académie française. She is buried in the Pantheon.
For me, women's rights are very important. In our society there is a lot of discrimination and inequality against women. However, the more time passes, the more rights women have and the less discrimination there is. The fact that this day exists, March 8, proves that our aim is to integrate women as much as possible, while reducing inequalities.

Nathan Fivet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BABEAU Clémence Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:14 pm

The subject of this week is the women's rights. The women's rights day was March 8 but there shouldn't be a special day to celebrate this day, it should be women's day every day. The fact that there is a special day to celebrate women's day, proves that women are apart and there is no better solution for women to become equal to men. If we want women's freedom to evolve, we have to make efforts every day.

BABEAU Clémence

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Landry NAULEAU Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:26 pm

Nowadays we live in society who fight for the equality of sexs ans I found it's a good thing for the right's of womens and for the access at so many things who are maybe tabou for women's. So, because I think there will certainly be sevral identicals arguments I prefere to talk you about this society which advantage maybe more women than men.
My arguments will be maybe won't please everyone but I don't care it's my opinion and maybe a truth who hurt someone. I think the fight of women is very important for her and I'm agree with her just not in all points. I think the equality between men and women will never exist. I can explain. If it exist in a world where everything is 50-50, will there be as many male and female soldiers? will there be as many male and female garbage-men? The answer is no because it's a thruth because even women don't want that ! they want equality on what interests and suits them.
Let's move on to another subject that is perhaps even more sensitive. We often hear that you shouldn't hit your wife, it's not right etc and I totally agree with that. But when a woman hits her man, we don't give a damn about him ? is that normal? it may be a generalization but it is again a truth. Is it normal that we want to support women who get hit but when it's a man we ridicule him? How many men don't say anything because they themselves don't have the courage to speak out or even respond because they will be called a bad man? A man can be slapped in the face several times, but if he throws a slap in the face, he is the one who will be put down by society. These are just small examples but I think they give you an idea of my opinion of today's society

Landry NAULEAU

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by clémence.varin Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Women’s rights are the fundamental human rights that were enshrined by the United Nations for every human being on the planet nearly 70 years ago. These rights include the right to live free from violence, slavery, and discrimination; to be educated; to own property; to vote; and to earn a fair and equal wage.
Yet almost everywhere around the world, women and girls are still denied them, often simply because of their gender.

clémence.varin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:38 am

This week the topic is women's rights. This subject is very interesting because unfortunately today, women do not have the same rights as men in some countries. In addition, in France, for an equal job, women generally have a lower salary than men. Then some positions are "exclusively" reserved for men. Women politicians, for example, are still few in number. However, during this health crisis, we could see that the nations ruled by women were doing better with the coronavirus epidemic.
The world and society must still evolve by granting more rights to women in all countries.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aperri25 Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:48 am

March 8 was Women's Day we have been celebrating since 1911 but since that date women's rights have changed a lot. With for example the right to vote in 1946 and with important women in the world in fields like science, politics or culture which was not really the case before or she was not recognized as a man. Unfortunately still today there are differences between men and women at work or women are still often paying less than men even this is progressing, in the political field, never a woman has yet been elected president. So I think that women's rights are evolving but there is still a lot of things to do for there to be a true equality between men and women.

aperri25

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:38 pm

Sorry for the late but I hadn't seen that we had a subject even less than than women's rights. We will say that I waited for everyone to stop talking about it so that I restart the debates.  Laughing
Each time we talk about the same thing about equality between men and women and the differences that exist.
The biggest difference today that most people talk about is in wages and and access to employment. We are going to talk about sport because we are in STAPS  Very Happy but when we see in football that women are far from having the same salaries and they don't have access to the same infrastructure as men.
In sports, this is explained by the media coverage which is less important and that at an economic level it is much less important whether It's in terms of the sale of shirts or the number of people attending the match.
After that is also explained by the level of women's football which is less important when we see that the best current women's team in the world which is Lyon  who have won the Champions League five times in a row have lost a match against young people in  fifteen years old training center when they are not professionals. We can see that this sport at the women's level is just expanding and that the level of men's football.
After all, women's right are only evolving and progressing in the right direction we do not see any regression or law downgrading everything they have obtained until today.

Anthony Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Teillet Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:00 pm

Admin wrote:
Paul Teillet wrote:As everybody knows, last Monday was the international women’s day.

Does the French army have women fighting on fronts the same as men?

In the French army all positions are open to women, so there are women fighting on the front lines like men but they are less numerous than them.

Paul Teillet

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ropied Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:11 pm

I think that women still have huge inequalities with men and this is still very distressing nowadays. Indeed, women are still at war to have the same rights as their counterpart. But why is there so much inequality and why are women not considered the same as men?
Women have huge disadvantages such as unequal pay, lack of freedom over their own bodies (they can't do what they want without society judging them) and unequal education. All these arguments make me sorry because for me (as I hope for everyone), a woman does not have to blush when seeing a man, she is not inferior to him.
So I want us all to fight to restore equality between women and men.

Ropied

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by romain mercher-gaëtan Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:09 am

I think that nowadays it is very important that all people are equal on earth. I don't understand the people who say that for example the place of the woman is in the kitchen.
For me this mentality is outdated, certainly there was a time when everyone had this mentality even women.
I hope that future generations will not have this mentality and that there will be a real evolution.

romain mercher-gaëtan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down