UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Session 8

+15
Thibaud Denis
Adrien Sabourin
Estelle Arrivé
Louis Alter
Swann Giraud
tiphaine pimond
Antoine Renoux
chloé robin
Admin
KylianMalavergne
Poitou Baptiste
felix merle
Laurine Avinio
Jules Gendreau
léatramblé
19 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Session 8  Empty Semester 2 Session 8

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:33 am

This week you have to think of a new invention linked to your sport. What would you like to see created?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

léatramblé likes this post

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Session 8  Empty Re: Semester 2 Session 8

Post by léatramblé Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi John!
If I could create a new technological invention in the world of horsemanship and concerning the equine sector I could for example try to invent a "machine" to be able to clean my horse's boxing without any help from me. The moment to clean the boxing of his horse is eagerly awaited by riders especially in winter when he is inside most of the day and all night. Some owners employ people to do this work for them, but I find that quite unfair. Sad A machine that would do this beautiful job for everyone else would be something innovative and efficient Smile
Good week John Razz

léatramblé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:44 pm

léatramblé wrote:Hi John!
If I could create a new technological invention in the world of horsemanship and concerning the equine sector I could for example try to invent a "machine" to be able to clean my horse's boxing without any help from me. The moment to clean the boxing of his horse is eagerly awaited by riders especially in winter when he is inside most of the day and all night. Some owners employ people to do this work for them, but I find that quite unfair. Sad A machine that would do this beautiful job for everyone else would be something innovative and efficient Smile
Good week John Razz

Laughing

I think that machine is called a servant (or mother).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Poitou Baptiste and léatramblé like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Gendreau Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:25 pm

Hey john,
I play basketball all days and one thing is missing from my game THE SHOT. And I think if a exosquelette for the arm and the hand to correction my gestural during the training exist, I buy him immediatly. Like that, in a match I will be the best clutch player of the game to win for my team. I see him like iron who guide my arm toward the perfect shot. But I know, people will use this system to cheat in a game and the fairplay will not exist. That's why I'm gonna keep training hard to progress.

Jules Gendreau

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurine Avinio Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:10 pm

hello john !

Frankly I do not know what to suggest because nowadays the technology has improved a lot.
In athletics as in swimming sports technology is very advanced. But can be automatic controls to raise the height bars in pole vault or in height. Cameras placed directly on the jerseys so that each person can follow their favorite runner.
In cycling, an application to follow your favorite rider in the race. For me it will be great to avoid looking all the time Arnaud Démarre even if it is easy to see with his jersey of champion of France Cool . I have no other idea, because in my sports fields the technologist has made good progress. Very Happy
thanks !

Laurine Avinio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by felix merle Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Hello John, today we have to create a new technology in sport...
I could say the same thing as jules but i dont have to train my shoot,it is absoluty useless cause mine is well...
But if i could upgrade my defense that will be cool.I thinking all night long and im arrived at a robotic prototype of an offensive player.
Something that could shoot randomly and drive under the basket.
Thats complicated to creat but i think if someone has created car and computer, someone can create the cyborg.
See u !

felix merle

Admin, Poitou Baptiste and Jules Gendreau like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Poitou Baptiste Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:50 am

hi johnny!

as you know I am practicing judo, and when I was at the top of my career, I had competition and tournament each 2 weeks, so I was in an eternal diet and that was very hard cause at the end I was 10 kg under my form weight.
know if I must invent a new tech for my sport it is probably something like a helmet with a drone attached on the top, this object is made for track up your body when you go on the weighing machine, and it permitted to be at the right weight without make a diet.

Poitou Baptiste

Birthday : 2000-06-30

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by KylianMalavergne Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:57 pm

Hello John,

Today I'm not going to talk about an invention but an improvement. So I'm going to talk about football. As you know, I am not a big fan of VAR in football. But I am mostly puzzled by its use. In fact I would like to see it used differently. Today, we draw lines to define offside by a few millimetres, we tell the referees on the touchline to leave the action if they are not sure it is offside and so on. In fact, I would like us to stop using lines to define an offside and let the touch referees do their job as before. On the VAR screen, I propose that the lines disappear and that the referee can change his decision only if the referees in the VAR truck see a clear error in the offside or onside decision. For example, if the referee whistles offside when there is no offside at all, then the decision is changed. But if the referee calls offside and it is not offside by a few millimetres, then the game is allowed to continue with the original decision. This would keep the game natural.

KylianMalavergne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:13 pm

KylianMalavergne wrote:Hello John,

Today I'm not going to talk about an invention but an improvement. So I'm going to talk about football. As you know, I am not a big fan of VAR in football. But I am mostly puzzled by its use. In fact I would like to see it used differently. Today, we draw lines to define offside by a few millimetres, we tell the referees on the touchline to leave the action if they are not sure it is offside and so on. In fact, I would like us to stop using lines to define an offside and let the touch referees do their job as before. On the VAR screen, I propose that the lines disappear and that the referee can change his decision only if the referees in the VAR truck see a clear error in the offside or onside decision. For example, if the referee whistles offside when there is no offside at all, then the decision is changed. But if the referee calls offside and it is not offside by a few millimetres, then the game is allowed to continue with the original decision. This would keep the game natural.

Natural but wrong.

offside needs updating for the modern game but that includes VAR. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chloé robin Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:19 am

A new invention linked to our sport.
I practice athletic so it’s difficult to imagine a new invention. Today engineers are working a lot on this subject so it will be complicated. I thought about something already studied and very controlled, sneakers with a very bouncy sole for jumping high and far in athletics. But of course, it’s impossible because there is too much high level control and that would be cheating.

chloé robin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:50 am

Hi John, I have a big idea for a new technologie in my sport but I think it's already in the mind of many engineers. Everybody know that the dolphin is one of the best swimmer in the ocean because he is very tonic and because his skin is very efficient to deviate water and in swimming we are looking for that. I had friends who work on a car with skin of shark because it's nearly the same that dolphin but with little scales and it's very efficient for the aerodynamic. So why we are not trying to create a swimming suit with scales or something like that based on the skin of animals in water who slide for long meters with only one mouvement. In suit today we have some parte of files of carbon in the suit to slide and to have an "aquaphobe" suit. I think create a suit with this skins can be a big advanced for the swimming but we can return to the 2008 years when the integrals suit for forbidden because the sport was denatured.

Antoine Renoux

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tiphaine pimond Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:35 pm

Hi John,
Today I'm going to talk about a new invention but which does not concern the sport I practice, she concerns athletics, more precisely the hurdle race.
I thought of another training system: instead of a real hurdle, there would be hurdle under the form of a hologram.
This system could be set up for apprehension order to avoid injury or falling, of course there would be several sensors which would determine the placement of the front foot because in reality if the hurdle falls, it is not counting.
Holograms would have the advantage of being able to be transported everywhere and to appear everywhere too, compare to a hurdle.
The hologram system can be considered with any other sport that requires an obstacle or a challenge like for example the limites and lines of a football field.
Anything that is not transportable or too large.

tiphaine pimond

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Swann Giraud Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 pm

This week, we are talking about a new technology linked to our sport.
Like a lot of person in the class, I think in football and in sport in general there is already a lot of technologies to improve the game.
So, I want to talk especially about a technology who exist but not in football, and in my opinion it's a mistake. This technology is the on-board camera. Indeed, in rugby for example, the referee has a camera on his t-shirt, and that allows to hear and see all behaviour on the field. I think it could be interesting to incorporate this technology in football to understand different situation, and may be to sanction players who challenge without stopping or insult the referee.

Swann Giraud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Alter Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:50 am

Hi John, how are you?
I play handball and as you know John, we use resin to make the ball stick to our hand. The problem with this resin is that it leaves a lot of marks on the floor so the local councils don't want us to use their gym anymore. So that's a big problem when you have to train four times a week.
My goal would be to create a resin that does not dirty the gym and that is of good quality so that it can be used only once at the beginning of a match or training session.

Louis Alter

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Estelle Arrivé Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:22 am

My sport is climbing. I don't really know what I'd like to see again because it's already a sport with many technological improvements. But I think I would like to create a carpet that goes up the track with us. That way you can climb without a rope all the time (or with a rope that doesn't require a belayer) and if you fall you have the mat underneath to reassure you (professionals wouldn't really need it because they are used to falling and aren't afraid). Apart from that I don't really see what else could be invented or improved in climbing.

Estelle Arrivé

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:04 am

Estelle Arrivé wrote:My sport is climbing. I don't really know what I'd like to see again because it's already a sport with many technological improvements. But I think I would like to create a carpet that goes up the track with us. That way you can climb without a rope all the time (or with a rope that doesn't require a belayer) and if you fall you have the mat underneath to reassure you (professionals wouldn't really need it because they are used to falling and aren't afraid). Apart from that I don't really see what else could be invented or improved in climbing.

Sounds like you'd prefer to take an elevator. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:05 am

Louis Alter wrote:Hi John, how are you?
I play handball and as you know John, we use resin to make the ball stick to our hand. The problem with this resin is that it leaves a lot of marks on the floor so the local councils don't want us to use their gym anymore. So that's a big problem when you have to train four times a week.
My goal would be to create a resin that does not dirty the gym and that is of good quality so that it can be used only once at the beginning of a match or training session.

This is a great idea and I think it is realistic. You should try and market this idea. There is money in it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:06 am

tiphaine pimond wrote:Hi John,
Today I'm going to talk about a new invention but which does not concern the sport I practice, she concerns athletics, more precisely the hurdle race.
I thought of another training system: instead of a real hurdle, there would be hurdle under the form of a hologram.
This system could be set up for apprehension order to avoid injury or falling, of course there would be several sensors which would determine the placement of the front foot because in reality if the hurdle falls, it is not counting.
Holograms would have the advantage of being able to be transported everywhere and to appear everywhere too, compare to a hurdle.
The hologram system can be considered with any other sport that requires an obstacle or a challenge like for example the limites and lines of a football field.
Anything that is not transportable or too large.

I was a hurdler at secondary school (well really a sprinter and long jumper but I did hurdles too) I'd have preferred a hurdle that didn't hurt my shins Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

tiphaine pimond likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi John, personally there is nothing I would like to add but many things I would like to change in my sport: football. First of all, the Var. . . I still don't understand how we can still see so many mistakes when football refereeing is guided by video refereeing. I understand that there are different views and interpretations. But for example, all hands in the box are whistled, except that the rule doesn't apply everywhere and even we have trouble knowing what the official rules.

In the meantime, and with the incompetents who run professional football (see: re-election of Domenech to the coaches' union clown and Noël le Graët as head of the FFF, but also the power-hungry and money-hungry characters at the head of FIFA), football is taking a hit, the pandemic, the empty stadiums that still leave me stoic in front of a match, the overcrowded schedule leading to injuries and reduced performance, the broadcasters out of business at mid-season. . . Football is taking a big slap in the face (all sports). However, it is nothing at all compared to what amateur football is currently going through and is dying day by day.
Sorry for the little not so well structured rant, it's a guilty pleasure.

Adrien Sabourin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:20 pm

hello john my sport is football but i have an idea for an other sport The cycling.
I think the cycling is a good sport and I like see us like tour de france but.
My idea is not a new invention but I would created a new outfit in nano carbone but with nano technologie . I think the nano technologie can absorb the wind and redirect him in the back of the cyclist. This will allow to go faster and why not to break new record of the world.

Thibaud Denis

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Tributsch Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Hello John,
In my sport, Judo my idea for new invention is an ligue like in football. I explain me, In judo, compétition is all the time under the form of tournoi with first tours, second tour etc.. and even by team 5 versus 5. So my innovation of ligue is weekly meetings against each team like football or rugby. obviously there would be several levels. I think my idea could help to revive judo which is in search of sponsors and members. Moreover you have 2-3 judo team like PSG Judo, it's a good start. anyway a day i hope my idea will be applied.

Vincent Tributsch

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by melissagherras Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Good morning, John,
As you know I play Handball, nowadays technology is only improving but if I should think of a new invention related to my sport I would tell you that I would not like it to change, actually John I do not see how he could evolve, it is already the best sport.

Goodbye !

melissagherras

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marine.soumagne Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi john !
Today I am going to talk about a new technology that I would like to invent.
In my sport, basketball, the most important thing is to score, but to score a lot of points you need to have a good shot! So I would like to invent a machine that allows us to arm our arm correctly at the moment of shooting to have 100% shooting statistics like Stephen Curry!

marine.soumagne

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo-Binchet Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:56 pm

Hello John,
I'm going to talk to you about developments in football.

I personally find that the latest rules added to our sport are quite complicated and indecisive like the hand rule or the offside rule which are really complicated and totally change the game.

The video assistance is a very good idea but unfortunately it is very badly used which is a pity.

I hope that the rules will change in the next few years because football is losing its splendour.

Theo-Binchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down