UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food

+13
Imane ZEKHNINI
Julien LUCAS
Mélanie Pecchio
Lucas Lesade
Amélia TLILI
psol
Lacombe Pauline
Emma Galan
Jason MASSIMINO
SARAH ROI
marie fourgnaud
Léonie
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Empty Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food

Post by Admin Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:50 am

Your favourite? The food you hate? your area speciality? A meal you'd cook for me? Food and health ...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Empty Re: Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food

Post by Léonie Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:56 am

My favorite kind of food is Japanese food. On the contrary of many people that love Japanese food, the best meal for me is not sushi. I like sushi with salmon for example, but I am not quite fan of the ones with the seaweed around it. I prefer hot food. For example, the most famous Japanese hot meal is called ramen. This dish is composed with many variations of noodle broth with fish, meat, vegetables, egg, and miso or soy sauce seasonings. It can be a bit particular for French people to eat this, but it is worthy to try. Indeed, what I really like in Japanese hot meal is this variety of dishes with noodle and meats, and also with rice. A Japanese hot meal based on rice that is must to try is the Japanese curry. It’s spicy and really delicious to eat. Fortunately, there are some Japanese restaurants in Angoulême, so I want to try to eat there with my CEPE’s friends.
Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Ramen_10

Léonie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Empty Re: Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food

Post by marie fourgnaud Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:04 pm

I don't have a favourite food but if I have to choose I would say that I have a preference for french and italian food. I love winter dishes that warm up like boeuf bourguignon or blanquette. In Limousin, the speciality is beef but there is also a cake called la flognarde. It's a cake between the clafouti and the flan often with the apple of Limousin.
If I have to cook a recipe for the class, I would make madeleines or a marbling cake. In a small apartment it is easier to make cakes to taste than dishes that cook for a long time.

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Empty I like my food as I like Jason.... Italian

Post by SARAH ROI Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:19 am

My favorite type of food is Italian. I love everything : pizzas, lasagna (although they must be vegetarian as I don't eat meat), pasta (...).
I hate Eglish food. When I was in middle school I went to London for a week and didn't eat at all for the whole trip. I don't understand English breakfast, why would you eat beans with sausages and eggs ???
My specialty is cooking desserts, I can cook a mean cheesecake.
As for food and my health, I try to eat as much vegetables as I can but I would never say no to a fastfood meal.
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:47 am

Let's start with bad news : English food is the worst. Eating beans and sausages in the morning should be illegal and punished. So On the gastronomic scale, English food would at the bottom. But at the top I would either put French food for pastry or Japanese food. From all the countries I've visited, I've never tasted better pastry than in France (shoutout to the Trianon). My favorite dish of Japanese food is gyoza. I also love Sushis and everything raw fish based.
Regarding my cooking skills, I have a really limited ability to cook anything. My speciality is pasta (viva Italia lol). I prefer baking but I'm still not an expert.
If I had to cook you something, I'd probably bake a cake, probably a Brookie, which is a mix of a cookie and a brownie.

Jason MASSIMINO

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Galan Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:40 pm

Let's start with my favourite meal : PASTA. I don't have one favourite recipe, I love them all : Bolognese, carbonara, pesto, pasta all'arrabiata, etc ... When I was a college girl, I had an italian correspondent who brought me once to a restaurant near Firenze. I ordered there the best pesto pasta I have ever eaten. It is probably one of the best memory I have from my italian trip.
My favorite cake is the cannelé. I could eat it all day ! I wish I could bake it correctly, but it is too hard. Each time I try, I ended up with some weird cakes with a rhum taste.
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:41 pm

I can't cook, I hate it. My mother was a chief and tried to pass on her talent and passion to me, it was useless.
When I was young I managed to make only one cake: yogurt cake. So I made it my specialty, and I used to prepare one every Sunday, to the dismay of my parents who couldn't take it any more. Today, I still don't cook, I order, I buy ready meal, at best I cook pasta. I love to eat, but I don't eat well. I don't eat vegetables or fruit, so when I was young it was a real pleasure of course for my parents to feed me. And unfortunately for them, that hasn't changed. Even when I go to Macdo I remove every leaf of lettuce of my burger.

Lacombe Pauline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Empty 3P

Post by psol Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:43 pm

For me the best dish is 3P, pasta, pesto, parmesan, it is a timeless classic, indeed this dish requires little time and money for a fabulous result. Of course not all pasta is accepted to make a 3P, only penne, rigatoni and spaguetti, about pesto, there are two types, pesto verde and rosso, from my point of view rosso is G.O.A.T. In truth if I were a good cook I would say lasagna is my favorite dish but today I have to give the crown to the 3P.

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Pates-au-pesto-et-pignons-de-pin baw

psol

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélia TLILI Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:51 pm

To start, I don't know to cook!!! I cook very simple meals like pasta or salads, but I try to eat healthy. I love salads with eggs, rice, tomatoes, avocado and mozzarella. My favorite food is Lebanese food. The first time I ate Lebanese food was during a trip to Dubai. I am vegetarian and in Lebanese food there are a lot of vegetables so I love it.
I love brunches too, I prefer to eat brunch in a restaurant but sometimes I make it at home, I cook pancakes, toast, eggs etc.
I come from Belfort, in Franche-Comté, we make comté cheese. We love meals with cheese. Especially raclette and fondue.

Amélia TLILI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:25 pm

I'm a bit difficult in term of what I like to eat, my mother was always mad at me because I wasn't eating at all. I like simple things ! Pasta, eggs, meat, with not much of preparation. I love a lot Chinese and Japanese restaurants, especially the Miso soup and chicken skewer. I hate mostly fish and lot's of vegetable sadly for my health, but recently I try really hard to have a better alimentation. I like to do chocolate cake.
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:36 pm

I like a lot of things and I also hate a lot of things. I like Italian cuisine like pasta carbonara, bolognese, pesto, ... lasagna, ravioli and pizza.
But also I like French food, especially dishes from my region such as raclette, fondue, tartiflette ...
Anything that is very low in calories ...
I can't do without cheese, for me it's really a staple food.
On the other hand, I can't stand the taste of peas, raw tomato, cooked raspberries, for me it's just to throw up.
I can cook and have ideas, but sometimes I don't have the motivation to put them into practice. So in general I like to cook things that don't take a lot of time.
So for example, I make my own pizzas, it's quick to make and I can easily change tastes.
But sometimes when I have the motivation, I like to make one of my favorite food, lasagna. It takes a long time to do and you have to clean a lot of things afterwards, but the solution is to cook large quantities, and freeze it, the taste is even better.
I eat healthy and I have no problem eating vegetables.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:39 pm

I don’t really hate any kind of food, I can eat almost everything.
I really like “Tartiflette” or every plates with hot cheese.
When I have to cook, I’m very lazy so I eat lot of pasta, sausage and “ham and cheese escalope” or just conserve food.
Every Saturday and Sunday I try to become a cordon bleu and make my own food, I don’t have lot of idea to be honest, so I search on google some dishes with vegetables (I can’t eat pasta all the time). After cooking, I see dirty plate and I ask myself : “Is it really a good idea to do this ?”.

Julien LUCAS

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Empty Food

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:38 pm

I might be a picky eater, but I enjoy eating food. I like to discover new dishes, especially if they are from different countries. I love Moroccan food as much as I love Korean, Italian and Turkish food. I have a preference for food that is spicy and well seasoned, if it is not spicy I might not enjoy it fully. I even add spicy oil on my pizza. I'm not a big fan of sweets but I wouldn't say no to a lemon pie if it was handed to me. My favourite dishes so far are : tagine, couscous, sushi, knafeh, quattro formaggi pizza and McDonald's big mac. I do not like the fact that I'm a huge fan of McDonald's.

Also, as much as I enjoy eating and discovering new dishes, I enjoy cooking. Especially baking. It is my love language, I always cook for the people I love and wait for them to say that I'm the best cook! But I only do that during holidays, because I never have the time nor the energy to do it when I have classes.

I think that it is fascinating that there are so many great dishes in the world that I probably have never heard of. I hope I will get the chance to visit new countries and eat a lot of new food.
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:48 pm

I like every kind of food i don't really have a favourite one. Right now i'm thinking about ravitoto (pronounced "ravtoute"), a malagasy dish made of chopped cassava leaves, broth and zebu meat. It tastes so good but sadly I don't have the opportunity to eat it often since the ingredients are barely foundable in french groceries stores.

Anyway, I have been eating really badly lately, such as junk food, chips, pizzas etc... I have enough of feeling full of bad food after every meal, at this point I just want to eat some vegetables but I don't feel like cooking. To be honest nothing could make me happier than a ratatouille right now. I'm excited to go back to my parent's house next weekend to eat correctly .
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:25 pm

I was reading the different replies from my classmates, and I realized that literally I don’t have a favorite food, neither a favorite cuisine. I am a real foodie and I like to discover new dishes. I really like when I’m eating and tasting the combination of different spices in my mouth. And we can find this specificity in a lot of cuisine in the world, so I guess that’s why it’s too hard for me to choose my favorite meal so far.

But it’s easier for me to talk about what specialty I don’t like. Actually I CAN’T eat insects in food, I mean there is no way for me to try it !! It’s so disgusting and a scary experience (in my opinion of course). Is it a kind of phobia ? I don't know Crying or Very sad

And if I have to cook something for you, I will definitely choose a Moroccan dish named “Bastilla”, it’s a Moroccan pie, made from a paper-thin pastry, pigeon meat or chicken, almonds, eggs, and of course a combination of a very specific spices. And the whole is decorated by cinnamon and sugar. It’s a very special dish, we usually make it for guests and for wedding ceremonies. So If I make this for my classmates that means I really like them 😊
Week 2 Discussion topic Group 2 - Food Bestil10

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine Thenault Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:20 pm

My favorite type of food is definitely junk food. Every kind. From hamburger to pizza and tacos. If i have to choose a particular junk food, i'll go for in-n-out. You can only find it in Cali. The menu is around 6 bucks and consists of a large portion of fries and the best burger i've ever ate.
Then, the food that i avoid the most are sweets cakes of any kind, even the ones from the bakery.
Lastly, i'd say that i don't have any cooking skills, so i think that i would place an order on uber for the whole class.
Amandine Thenault
Amandine Thenault

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lecat Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:18 pm

I'm not very difficult about food, i eat a little bit og everything. My favorite food is italian food, for example pasta and pizza, because it's very simple and good. Also it's easy to do at home. Sometime, i eat junk food, like hamburger, tacos ... It's good and fast, however, i don't abuse it. I hate green vegetable as the spinach because it's not pleasant in the mouth.
Lastly, i like cooking, i've not skills, but i cook weel.

Nicolas Lecat

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down