UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

million dollar baby

Go down

million dollar baby Empty million dollar baby

Post by MAZOUE Melissa Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:28 pm

My favorite movie is "million dollar baby."
First of all I like this movie because the main actors are Clint Eastwood, Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman and I find these actors simply great.
The story of the film:
Formerly coach of famous boxing, Frankie (Clint Eastwood) leads a small room of regional boxing with his best friend, a former boxer named Scrap (Morgan Freeman). Their daily life is upset by the arrival of a young Boxer named Maggie Fitzgerald (Hilary Swank), determined but clumsy. Frankie is reluctant to become the coach of Maggie, but eventually agree to support. It is a famous fighter, chaining the KB in one round, but refuses to push it too far, until the day where he organized a fight in Las Vegas against Billie "The blue bear" for the title of world champion. During the game, she is suddenly illegal victim of his opponent after the end of a round and accidentally fall on the stool that his coach trying to remove before it falls. Injured spinal cord, she became quadriplegic: she is doomed to end his days on a hospital bed. She therefore begged Frankie to put an end to his days because it can do most anything of his life. After long hesitation, he finally agrees to euthanize, believing that she has managed her life and has nothing to regret. It thus puts at risk to respect the choice of Maggie.
This movie received 4 Academy Awards: one for best film, Best Director for Clint Eastwood, best actress for Hilary Swank and best actor in a supporting role for Morgan Freeman.
If I did not cry before Titanic like most girls, this film got enormously touching and made me cry.

MAZOUE Melissa

Back to top Go down