UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 4 Group 2 Travel/Trips

+13
Jason MASSIMINO
SARAH ROI
Emma Galan
Imane ZEKHNINI
psol
Hanae Khallouk Temsamani
Mélanie Pecchio
Lacombe Pauline
Kelly Rajaona
Amélia TLILI
Nicolas Lecat
marie fourgnaud
Admin
17 posters

Go down

week 4 Group 2 Travel/Trips Empty week 4 Group 2 Travel/Trips

Post by Admin Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:45 pm

Where? Why? Best? Worst? Dream? Nightmare? or whatever you want.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

week 4 Group 2 Travel/Trips Empty Re: week 4 Group 2 Travel/Trips

Post by marie fourgnaud Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am

I had the chance to travel to different countries: Italy, Spain, Ireland and England. The trip to Italy was a school trip and the other countries were holidays with my family.
My favorite trip is London, I don’t know why, but I’m in love with this city, it’s beautiful and wonderful. I like energy, architecture, people. The trip that touched me the most was the trip to Ireland in 2018 with my parents and sisters because Ireland was my parents' honeymoon destination and we went back there for their 20 years of marriage. So there was an important sentimental aspect.
I love the Anglosaxon countries for the culture, the landscapes, the mentality of the inhabitants. My dream is to live in an Anglosaxon country. But my dream trip is to visit all the European capitals.

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lecat Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:48 pm

First, with my sport, I had the chance to make many trip : In England, Spain, Italy and in Budapest. I love trip because, i love discover new countries and i like get out of my environment. My favorite travel, it's in budapest, because it was my first European Chammpionship of karaté and it's a great memory. For me, to travel, it's the liberty, it's it's a moment disconnected from the world. My worst expérience, it's in England, during a school trip, because I wad sick in the bus during all time of the trip.
To conclude, for me to travel it's good because it creates memories.

Nicolas Lecat

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélia TLILI Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:22 pm

I love to travel. I like to discover new cultures. When I was child, I went to summer camp every year. My passion for discovery comes from there. I had the chance to visit the whole of France.
When I did my Erasmus in Madrid, I visited Spain (Barcelona, Sevilla, Toledo, Cordoba, Valencia, Saragosse, Cadix...). I went to the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands on vacation. I went to London for a weekend in December, I loved London, it's a very beautiful city. My last trip is to Dubai. I stayed there for 2 months, it was amazing. My dream is to travel around the world. I would like to go to Asia, especially Japan. I would like to go to Latin America because one of my dreams is to see machu picchu and the Temple of Kukulcan.
My next trip is to Budapest, I will go for a weekend with friends. I think it will be cool.

I can't wait to be rich to travel all over the world. sunny Very Happy

Amélia TLILI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:52 pm

Sadly I haven't had the opportunity to travel a lot until now as many others, though i really want to. I've travelled many times to Madagascar my countryhome. I fall in love again with this place everytime I go back, the food, the landscape, the fauna, the Indian sea... I can't get enough of waking up in such a beautiful place as my grandma's house is. When i go to Madagascar I always feel like i'm living another life, a dream, there's no limit, one day i'm on quad on the beach making races with my cousin, and the morning after i'm in the forest walking my uncle's turtle (true story). I could go anywhere else (which will happen) but Madagascar will forever stay my favourite destination. And when it's time to fly back to France i can't help myself crying, back to reality.
Moreover, my next trip is already booked ! I'm going to Amsterdam for Christmas, i want to visit museums, and every cool spots of the city. Amsterdam is known as a city of bikes, I will rent one and cross the city up and down for 4 days (unless it snows) cheers sunny
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:57 am

I went to Ireland, Spain and Portugal. I loved trips in Spain and Portugal because they are countries with so many sun. My trip in Ireland was nice, but the weather was terrible : rain, cold and lot of wind, all I hate. Then, I was seasick during the trip.

My first trip in Spain was with my friends, and it was so cool. I visited Madrid and Toledo all over. I had the pleasure to see the famous Garnica, to taste the touron nougat, and to do shopping in the beautiful capital. The second time I went to Spain was with my family. We were to Tarragone, and I made them to do every cultural visits who exist in the city. We went to Barcelone and I fell in love with this town and her dynamism.
Spain is a country where is easy to live, when I think about it I think about good music, good food, sun, beach… and then I want to go back immediately!

For my future trip I would like to go in Italy, appart from lot of cultural visits to do, I want to taste authentic pasta.

Lacombe Pauline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:33 am

I went to Italy three times with the school, the first time was to Roma, after Firenze and the last time was to Milano.
I only went once by myself with a friend, and we went to Turin and the Aosta Valley.
I am so in love with the country, it's warm (I've never come across rain), the people are amazing and welcoming, they always seem to be in a good mood and are willing to help us at every opportunity.
You have a lot to visit there, as they are extremely rich culturally with churches, museums, .... and the landscapes are just so beautiful.
And of course the food is terrific.

For all the trips I've done, there's always different things to see, it's never the same, and I really like that.
I hope one day I'll live there.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:23 pm

If someone asked me about my dream, I will directly respond by travelling all over the world, and I mentioned this the first day this year on our English class, when you asked us to talk about our plans for the future. I always wanted to do traveling for a living, and have a job that will allow me to earn money while exploring the world. Wonderful, right ? But the reality hit me really hard ☹ So for the moment, I postponed this project for later hihi (I have to earn money first, and then travel the world, not the opposite).

But seriously, I really like travelling, and from all the cities I have visited, I enjoyed the most my trip to Spain,  I went there twice. I went to Madrid and Barcelona, it was wonderful ! The weather was very nice (I experienced it first time in Christmas, and second time in summer), people were so talkative and friendly (I found them very similar to how we are “Moroccans”), and the food was so delicious. And I really was shocked about the prices of clothes there, it was so cheap compared to Morocco and France, so I went back home with an extra-large suitcase, I’m ashamed of myself now !

And the second destination that I really liked is Turkey. I went to Istanbul, it was magical ! I was so immersed by the beauty of this city : the beautiful architecture, the diversity,  the crowded streets, the landscape, the food, everything was beautiful there and with a very rich history ! And I really appreciate the fact that it was so safe, and there is always crowd and people in the streets even if it’s bedtime. The only problem : the majority of people don't really speak English, so it's preferable to learn some basics words in Turkish before going there like (Merhaba = Hello, nasılsın ? = How are you, Ne kadar ? = how much is it, Teşekkürler or teşekkür ederim = Thank you). Fortunately I watched a lot of Turkish series in my life before going there, that was very helpful for shopping, eating at cafés and restaurants, and dealing with some situations.

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:47 pm

The trip that marked me the most is the one I made when I was 12 years old I was lucky enough to be able to go to Guadeloupe with my parents it was the first time I took the plane and also the first time I left France this trip was extraordinary indeed I was able to discover new cultures, new landscapes as well as new dishes and local gastronomy, The temperature was always pleasant the tropical and humid climate was the first chosen which marked me when I arrived in the territory, mentalities were also very different indeed people were much nicer it also took longer to live.
During various hikes I was able to discover the extraordinary landscapes of Guadeloupe I was able to climb volcanoes I was also able to swim and see fish and corals.

psol

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:53 pm

I love road trips so much. I would never get tired of them. I don't know but something about sitting in a car or a train, listening to music and looking through the window while daydreaming sounds like heaven to me. I like traveling and visiting different cities, but I am the kind of person who gets annoyed and bored easily. I'd be having fun and enjoying the trip and then the next hour you'll find me wanting to go back home. And this happens with a lot of things sadly.
I wish I could go to Bali, when I see people posting pictures and videos of their trips to Bali, I get so excited and upset that I'm not there. It looks so beautiful and fun. I want to go to Korea and Japan too, just to eat the food because it looks really tasty.
I'm scared of visiting the USA, with all the messy things that happen there, especially Florida, I'd be scared for my life if I lived there! So I don't think I will ever plan to go there.
I'm not really interested in visiting European Countries for now, I think France is enough week 4 Group 2 Travel/Trips 1f602 but I won't mind going to Madrid to be honest. But if I go there, I'll make sure to bring with me an empty suitcase because I've been told that clothes are very cheap there. week 4 Group 2 Travel/Trips 1f60c
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Galan Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:45 pm

I miss travelling so much. Since the outbreak of Coronavirus I haven’t left France and I reaaaaaally want to travel again. I used to go to England with my family during the Halloween season. Seeing the leaves turn red reminds me of our walks in the streets of London. I have the feeling that over there, the atmosphere is way more cheerful during Halloween than in France. I must admit that I really love England. I lived in Brighton for two months and it was an amazing experience.  First of all, the city.  It was a seaside city so when school was over, I went for a walk on the beach with some of my friends. We used to chill at the Brighton pier (probably the most touristic place) and make fun of passers-by who had their food stolen by seagulls. The city center was really cute too and our teachers gave us some good advice for restaurants. The people of this city were so open minded. I met amazing friends during this trip. That was fun because we all came from different places across the world. During the weekends, we went to London, Cambridge or to the seven sisters (lots of wind but the sunsets were incredible).
Now I can’t wait to go back there !
I would like to go to  the Hague in order to see a friend from Brighton. Plus I have never seen the Netherlands so it could be a great experience.
Emma Galan
Emma Galan

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by SARAH ROI Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:46 pm

I've been lucky enough to have travelled a bit in Europe. I've been to Spain, Italy, Greece, Belgium, England, Ireland, Czech Republic, Sweden and Poland.
The last mentionned was my favourite. I was there for 10 months and I have to say that even though I chose Poland, I was a bit scared at first of how it will be. However, this is such a beautiful country, filled with a lot of traditions and beautiful landscapes. The food is pretty good, and surprisingly enough, they had a lot of vegetarian typical dishes. This was by far the experience in travelling that made me learn the most (about myself and another country) and I hope to be able go back someday to Krakow, for old times sake.
However, the most peaceful I've ever felt EVER was in Stockholm. Evrything is so silent, calm, beautiful and cold there. It's by far my favorite city I've ever visited.
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:33 am

When I was a child, I wasn't travelling a lot. The only countries that I visited at this time were Italy and Spain.
The first time I took a plane was when I was 18. I went to Los Angeles with my sister. That was a really cool experience, it was the time I was this far from home. It was the begin of my travelling experiences.
Later, when I was 20, one of my friend went to study abroad in Montréal, Canada. I decided to visit her. So I took a flight to Montreal in late February, then the weather is freezing there, and spent 6 days in Montréal. It was such a unique experience. Then, we decided to take a night bus toward New York City. In NY, we met 2 other friends from high school there and we spent 6 other days in the city. Everything was perfect, this trip has been one of the best I've been on.
In February 2021, I went to Guadeloupe with my sister again. This trip was so much fun because it was supposed to be holidays in paradise, but instead it kept raining almost everyday. The trip wasn't ruined, it just added a funny dimension.
My last trip was my Erasmus semester in Budapest. That was one of the most exciting experiences of my life. I lived there for 5 months, but I felt like living there for 3 years. Everything was new to me, I wasn't expecting much and I was happily surprised. Also, during my Erasmus, I went on a weekend to Vienna, in Austria. I also really enjoyed this trip. I was surrounded by people that I love, people that I met on Erasmus and also one friend from France That was also on Erasmus in Austria at this moment.
My next trip is already planned, I'm going back to Budapest for Christmas, but this time with my family.

Jason MASSIMINO

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:29 pm

I have been to different countries in my life, such as: England, Tunisia, Brazil and Portugal. The best trip was the one in Brazil. I have been there in 2014, when I was 15 years old. My uncle used to live in Sao Paulo with his wife, so we decided to go visit them and enjoy a trip in Brazil. I was with my mother and my brother. We first went to Rio de Janeiro, one of the most famous cities in Brazil. We visited Christ the Redeemer at the top of the Corcovado Mountain, Sugar loaf mountain and of course, Copacabana Beach. My aunt also showed us a favela, the least dangerous, but my mother, my brother and I were still a little bit scared. Seeing this place remind me that there is not only luxury in Brazil, but also a lot of hidden poverty. Next, we spend 3 days on Búzios, a city on the coast of Brazil, with my aunt’s family. It was a beautiful place. To finish, we went to Sao Paulo, at the house of my uncle and my aunt. Brazil was an amazing destination which I will remember all my life.
My dream destination would however be Japan. I am so fascinated about this country. There are so many places I want to visit, so many things I want to do in Japan. I am truly hoping to go there someday.

Léonie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine Thenault Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:23 pm

My goal for the past few years has been to travel at least once a year to another country. I have traveled a few times in Germany, the first time was a trip organized by the school. Then, i went back several times with my family and once, alone. I think id rather travel alone than with my family, being independent is a real challenge for me and i love it. Other than Germany, England is a country that i particularly like. I usually go there every year, in February mainly in London. Back in 2019, i followed Shakespeare footsteps, where i was able to discover many places like Stratford Upon Avon where he was born. I love rewarding trips, the ones where i can learn about the history of a person or places. For more festive and sunny destinations, i went to Spain with my family and to Mexico, Tijuana. I don't recommend going to Tijuana alone, it's one of the most dangerous cities in the world. But there are some good nightclubs though. Finally, one of the trips that has a particular place in my heart, was the United States. I was fortunate enough to live in California for a year, where the culture and state of mind are the opposite of those i experienced in France. And it was a blast. In the US, it's very easy to travel, so i was able to visit a few cities like Seattle, Chicago, New York and New Orleans, the home of Mardi-Gras and its delicious beignets, that is definitely one of my favorite places.
One of my dreams would be to be able to visit Asia, mainly Japan and Korea, south and north. My next trip is in a month and a half, i'll spend the New Year eve in Montreal with a friend of mine. Again, i'm traveling alone and i honestly can't wait.
In addition, next year i may have the opportunity to visit Hungary, thanks to the Erasmus programm, at the University of Pecs. It's going to be a real experience, since i've never traveled to an eastern country before.
Amandine Thenault
Amandine Thenault

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:37 pm

i don't have much to say to be honest, i have not traveled much in my life, it happened once to go to a small town in england whose name i forgot and several times to the border of spain. Later I would like to travel, for the landscapes but especially for the people, it is extremely interesting to learn about other cultures, other ways of thinking, I much prefer the Nordic countries, where it is very cold.
And I know that someday I will leave the company to spend some time in a little wooden chalet deep in Norway and spend my time writing and chopping wood.
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:15 pm

In 2018 I went in Croatia with my friends for 2 weeks trip. It was a very long travel because we went by car (2 days on the road). It was cool because first, there was lot of sun in the middle of summer, and I was with my unorganised friends. It was almost one mistake by day (like losing the car in town and look for it almost 3 hour), it was not fun on the moment, but now is it.

But my favorite trip was this year, it was not really a trip, it was a 3-month internship in Malta. I had 6 room mates from my school, and we were 13 from my school in the company. We worked at 5pm so we could move before to visit, and it was like vacation.

I really think I prefer be with my friends instead of the trip itself so I don’t mind where I go. But if I have to travel alone one day, I think northern country are better for me, I don’t really know why, maybe that’s because I don’t have lot of information about their culture, their food… but I’m sure I can’t have sunburns and that’s a big point.

Julien LUCAS

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down