UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 Group 1 Jobs

+13
Chloé Fuselier
Martial.Avérous
Florian Kasprzak
Sahar Chehabeddine
Marie.David
cdelage11
amandine.A
Emma Brancourt
Marina Boisedu
MaéA
julie
Amandine. G
cloe.delmarle
17 posters

Go down

Week 5 Group 1 Jobs Empty Week 5 Group 1 Jobs

Post by Admin Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:33 am

What you wanted to do, what you want to do, what you'd never want to do, the way jobs are changing, the future jobs ....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Group 1 Jobs Empty Re: Week 5 Group 1 Jobs

Post by cloe.delmarle Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:32 pm

As a child I really wanted to work for the governement or to help people. I wanted to be a policeman or to work in the navy force. My dad was working on a ship with the navy and I was really impressed by this.
I think that I really wanted to become a policeman because on my point of view, these people were life savers, were helping people in need all the time and were always working with people.
After some time, I realised that policemen are helping people but also working from their offices, filling papers etc.
Today, I don't want to become a policeman anymore, but I still have a lot of admiration for them, it's a really tough job.

cloe.delmarle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:10 pm

When I was younger, I wanted to do a lot of jobs. I wanted to be a school teacher, a nutritionist, a saleswoman in a bakery, a beautician or a clothes designer. But since my baccalaureate, I know that I want to work in the field of communication and advertising. Unfortunately, this field is very large and includes a lot of jobs for creative, strategic or commercial minds. So, it’s difficult to do a choice. Today, I would like to become a product manager in the field of food or cosmetics in order to work on the esthetics of packagings.

I also know what I don't want to do. I hope not to work in a factory.  Indeed, I had an experience in a cosmetics packaging factory during a summer job and I have very bad memories of it. The rhythm was infernal and the atmosphere in the company was very bad. Also, I can't see myself working in the building sector haha  Smile  .

The jobs are changing as a result of digital developments. Many jobs that didn't exist before are present today. Personally, I don't want to work in the digital field because I have never been familiar with it (HTML code is my phobia  Shocked ) and I have always had some reserves about social networks in particular. For example, they are a source of cyber-harassment, addiction and problems with the bodies of young teenage girls. Although digital technology has many positive aspects, I always told me that I would never become a community manager. But never say "never"...

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:31 pm

When I was a child I was attracted by several different jobs . First , I wanted to be a vet because I always loved animals and I wanted to take care of them but many years later I realised that maybe It will be too hard for me to handle the animal suffering and sometimes the euthanasia. Then , I wanted to be an interior designer because I love decoration and I have always watched decoration shows on TV. I also wanted to be a horse riding champion because I did horse riding during many years and it was and still is I think my passion . There was a time also where I wanted to be an investigator.

Now , I want to work in the marketing sector, ideally in a cosmetic company or in the food-processing industry. I would never want to work in the accounting , I had lessons of this discipline and it was a nightmare , there are too many numbers .

Jobs are changing a lot and as fast as our society does. Some jobs will disappear to be replaced by machines and new jobs will be created with new technologies . I think that there will be a lot of futur jobs in the robots, machines assistance and in the social network sector link to the digital revolution.

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:44 pm

When I was a child I wanted to be a lot of things. I have been dreaming so much to make a lot of things, to have a lot of different jobs. In fact, when I was a child once I discovered or saw a new job, I wanted to make this. For example, when I was a very little child, after going to school I wanted to become a teacher. Therefore, I wanted to become an actress, a singer, an archaeologist, an attorney, a stylist, a designer, etc. Same, one day, I wanted to become president of the republic.
Following, I wanted to become a psychologist. Then, I did psychologist studies and after, I wanted to make research in psychology. But I haven't had a place in master degree.
Therefore I thought a long time, before to be interested in marketing. Today, I want to make a lot of things, but mainly to be happy in my life. Maybe I will be a brand manager or other things. I will see again. But I will never be a president of the republic, it's sure and certain.

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:17 pm

When I was a child, I initially dreamed of becoming an alien. Human beings are so weird, I had a hard time understanding them, they made no sense, so I decided I was an alien.
Then I discovered how much fun drawing was, so I wanted to be an Illustrator and work as a freelance. However, despite trying at each step of my academic endeavor to enter an art program, I never could or had the opportunity to due to various external factors and some personal reasons (especially because I am from Reunion Island and I'd had to book a hotel and plane tickets to come to France and pass the entry exams. School’s fees are expensive too) so I just kept drawing in my free times and maybe, later I would be able to switch and focus on my art, not only drawing but my whole creative universe with writing and playing / making music too.
Right now, I'm not sure what I'd like to do, there's a wide range of options available by working in the marketing industry. I think, I'll study "brand and products for children" and I may orient myself toward the editing or gaming industry, but not the toys one. In those two sectors I think they are opportunities for me to do what I like most in Marketing, which obviously is making up strategies related to the art sector. And hopefully I would no longer only work behind the scenes but as well as at the front as an artist and an author. Of course, I'd still like to be an alien, because aliens are cool.

Marina Boisedu

Admin and Emma Brancourt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:11 pm

When I was a child, my dream was to become an archaeologist. I always loved travelling, going on adventures, discovering new horizons and new things that nobody had discovered before. I was (and still am) very passionate about history and mythology. I loved reading books about ancient civilizations and also about Greek and Egyptian mythologies.
I wanted to be an archaeologist since I was 6 years old until high school. My dream was shattered when I had to choose the high school I wanted to study at. A guidance counsellor at school told me that it was a difficult profession and that I didn't look suitable. So I studied literature and then international business. When I graduated, I hesitated to do a degree in history and then a master's in archaeology. But in the end I decided to continue along the same path and do a master's in marketing, and I don't regret it.

Emma Brancourt

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:47 pm

When I was a child I wanted to be a veterinarian or an archeologist. I wanted to be a veterinarian because I grow up surrounding by animals, goats, chickens, dogs, cow, pigs and I really love animals. I really wanted to be veterinarian to save them, sometimes in my garden there were chicks which fell from their nest and I tried to save but I did not have materials to keep them alive Sad I was so sad. I also wanted to be archeologist thanks to the Disney movie "Dinosaur" and National Geographic Chanel's documentaries. I am so fascinated by dinosaurs and prehistoric era I really wanted to travel and try to find bones and understand what happened millions years ago, sometimes I took my dad's tools and ran into the garden to dig in the dirt to try maybe to find a brachiosaurus bone or Tyrannosaurus bone. My favorite dinosaurs are Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops. When I was a child, I always was in front of the tv to watch animals, dinosaurs and prehistoric documentaries I am still watching them because it's so interesting to learn and understand about these topics.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:48 pm

From a very young age until my first year of high school, I always wanted to be a pharmacist. I don't know where this innate vocation was born from, but it’s true that for many years, I had this profession anchored in my mind. Following my internship at the end of secondary school, which I had the chance to do in a pharmacy, I realized that this wasn’t the profession I wanted to do in the future. Indeed, although interesting and essential, working in the health sector didn’t correspond to my personality.

Passionate about the world of fashion and luxury, I realized that I had a strong desire to work in these fields. Of a curious and dynamic nature, I didn't want a profession that was only limited to cartesian office work, but rather an activity that combined office and team work, requiring at the same time to travel/move outside and meet other companies. So, I thought that working as a marketing manager in both sectors that I am passionate about would be a good compromise.

Nowadays, professional careers are constantly evolving and changing. Thus, for several years, individuals can perfectly occupy a position and exercise a type of profession, and the following year, change it (from business, up to rank ...). Personally, this is why I know that I will have the opportunity to work in different sectors and companies while having the possibility to rise in rank for one day, I hope, have the chance to become a marketing director.

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:30 pm

Since I was a little girl, I have changed my mind a lot about what I wanted to do later on. When I was little, I wanted to be a childcare worker or an interior designer. Then the older I got the more I wanted to be a nursery nurse, until I realised that looking after children all day and coming home in the evening and having to look after your own children would be too much. In high school I was passionate about life and earth sciences, I wanted to become a biology engineer, but my final year teacher put me off and made sure it wasn't possible....
Today I don't know, probably communication manager.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:48 pm

As a child, I always wanted to be teacher because my mom was a teacher. After that, I wanted to be a musician in a rock band, specifically playing electric guitar or cello.
Arts and design passionate me, but also marketing and entrepreneurship interest me. That's why I chose to combine my field of arts along with marketing. I would like to be able to be a creative executive or an art director in an agency of marketing & communication. After that, I'm planning to start my own business (which I somehow began with but still haven't launched). I'm not someone who can stay as an employee behind the desk in an office. I'm broadening my horizons.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:51 pm

As a child, my passion was the dinosaurs, I owned dino books, dino figurines, and even dino movies. I was drawing them all the time, and I knew all the names, all the sizes and all the appearance of this creatures. So one day, my parents told me « You could be a paleontologist son », I didn’t know this word because I was 6, but if a job about dinosaur exists, it’s probably gonna be for me I thought. But this childhood interest didn’t last very long probably because it was look like a weird passion compared to the other kids. So during a long time, I didn’t know what to do, and my only real interest was the drawing. So I always looking to studying into art school to find a creative job where my drawing skills could be useful. So I studying design after my bachelor degree and I discovered a pretty interesting discipline to me, then the packaging which can lead to a creative job. And there is what I’m looking for, a job which requires a liberty of creation and imagination while being realistic. Because my real passion since high school is to make comics, create drawing while telling a story, but I know that is a hard dream and maybe I’ll be able to realize this ambition in parallel of my « real job career ». Today I’m in marketing studies and I hope it will be useful in my future career.

Florian Kasprzak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:42 pm

As far as I can remember, I always want to become a professional musician. But thanks to my music teacher and some professional experience I discovered In my teenage years that it was not for me. I just want to develop my own music with my band as a creative and professional project. Just like starting a business, I’m doing this in my free time until I no longer need a daily job. But before it happens, I want to work in an environment that is not directly music related, but that can help me to develop my creative vision. A good daily job for me would be in video game and animation production, or VFX studio.

Martial.Avérous

Admin and Emma Brancourt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:14 pm

When I was younger, I wanted to do many different jobs, because I’m interested in a lot of things. I wanted to be a cartoonist, actress, director, and even a tattoo artist. In college, I wanted to become a baker (yes I really wanted to do all the possible trades Laughing ). So, I decided to do my third-year internship in this field. I came out of this internship convinced that I no longer wanted to do this job because I didn’t like the internship at all. In high school, I started to be interested in business and I gradually discovered the packaging. So, I became interested in marketing, and I understood that it was in this area that I wanted to focus on. Having a strong interest in graphics, I liked the idea of creating a product. During my graduate studies, I was able to carry out internships in communication and events, which I also liked. Now, I am still a little mixed on the job I would like to do, on the one hand I would like to become a packaging designer, but on the other hand I like the event very much. I hope I’ll be able to confirm my choice during my Master's internship.

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:42 pm

When I was a child, there were two jobs I wanted to do : either an archaeologist or a scientist (those who did experiments in the laboratory) because I wanted to discover things that no one knew about. However, in high school, I chose to do a baccalaureate in economics and management, far from the more scientific jobs I wanted to do as a child, even though economics is of course a science, but not a "hard" science like physics for example.

At the moment, the job I would like to do is probably product manager for two reasons: firstly, because it is a logical job in the context of my scholar education and secondly, because product manager is an interesting job because the tasks to be carried out in this job are diverse and you can work in the sector you want as long as you have the skills to do so.

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LéaC Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:50 am

I'm a undecided person. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a designer. I used to draw a lot but later, I lost my passion. I went through many questions: when I studied art, I wanted to work in animation/cartoon industry, when I studied law, I asked myself if I would like to be a lawyer in labor law. After an intership and seven months in the Court of Appeal (in Montpellier), I knew that this work wasn't for me. I know precisely what kind of job I never want to practice like summer jobs (McDonald's (horrible), Leclerc (cashier and fish seller), Pathé Gaumont (so great experience but not for all my life)). Most of these jobs are ingrateful: not very well paid, the schedules are not given enough in advance so you can't plan things. I don't know exactly what I want to be but I know I'm in the right way. Marketing/Communication is a vast field and I'm sure I will found something that suits me: communication officer in Manga publishing, working on events...

LéaC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:53 am

I’m in a period of time where I’m a bit lost. I don’t really know what i want to do. When i entered the CEPE I thought I’d become a brand or product manager. I wanted to lead the commercialization of a product, precisely a video game, because I want to work in a game company, from the beginning of the idea to its release on the market. Now I don’t know, after some classes, I think I’m going to move out and go in a communication Master’s because that’s the topic which I’m more interested in.
Before that and since I was a child, I’ve always wanted to be a psychologist, that’s why I entered a psychology Bachelor and passed it. I was crazy about the idea of helping people in need, about opening my own office as a self-employed psychologist. But Covid-19 blew up pretty much all my dreams. The second year of my Bachelor was completely empty, on the fourth semester, we had only had 2 weeks of classes, then strikes then Covid pandemic until the end of my training. I was more mentally present at my job than in university. Therefore, I thought that i was not worth a psychology Master’s and moreover, the entry is very very intricate.
What I absolutely do not want to do is working in a call center as a customer service manager, because I’ve tried that for more than a year as a student and it was the most awful experience of my life, I even had to ask the doctor for a period of sick leave because it was affecting my mental and physical health at the end. It’s a lot of pressure all the time, and it’s a very demanding job for a wage that is not worth destroying your health.
And as for future jobs, I guess we’re increasingly going towards a digital era, the fields of robotics, IT, digital marketing and communication, engineering and so on are in a development that goes completely insane! There are pros and cons to that evolution, I reckon that some of the jobs of today will die but on the other hand, many jobs will be created. So, what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:04 am

Martial.Avérous wrote:As far as I can remember, I always want to become a professional musician. But thanks to my music teacher and some professional experience I discovered In my teenage years that it was not for me. I just want to develop my own music with my band as a creative and  professional project. Just like starting a business, I’m doing this in my free time until I no longer need a daily job. But before it happens, I want to work in an environment that is not directly music related, but that can help me to develop my creative vision. A good daily job for me  would be in video game and animation production, or VFX studio.

You need to post us a clip of your music Martial.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down