UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 1 discussion If I were rich

+13
LéaC
Marina Boisedu
amandine.A
Martial.Avérous
Lucas
Marie.David
Chloé Fuselier
cdelage11
Sahar Chehabeddine
MaéA
julie
cloe.delmarle
Admin
17 posters

Go down

Group 1 discussion If I were rich Empty Group 1 discussion If I were rich

Post by Admin Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:59 am

Sounds easy but don't repeat what you have said in any earlier topics.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group 1 discussion If I were rich Empty Re: Group 1 discussion If I were rich

Post by cloe.delmarle Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:34 pm

If I were rich, the first thint that I would do is buying a house next to te sea, probably in the south part of Brittany (France). I grew up there and quite obviously it's for me the most beautifull place on earth ahah. Then I think I would buy some gifts for my family and friends (so cute I know).
I don't really need that much things, so I guess I would travel : go to Ireland, Berlin, Amsterdam, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Florence. One thing I would gift myself would be a really nice bike : I don't have any and I really which I could have a cool one with a basket. And OF COURSE I would stop working, or only part time in order to sleep, go to the beach and do whatever I want.

cloe.delmarle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:28 pm

If I were rich , I would visit a lot of countries because I really love travelling, discover new landscapes , cultures and languages , I also love taking pictures of new landscapes. I would go to Australia , Canada , Greece , Venice , Norway and more. I would buy a car because it is like a dream to have my own car since I love driving .
I would buy a house for my parents and I would cover all the costs of a good retirement home for my grandmother. I would try to make happy my family and friends.
I would have a dog and maybe horses. I would give money to associations that have meanings for me like for example : associations of searches against cancer , for animals well-being or for homeless persons.
I would mainly enjoy life and try to be happy but I would be carefull to no spend all my money and save a little bit for later. I would invest for example in real estate to keep like a security .
I think that I would continue working but maybe be my own boss.

julie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:21 pm

If I were rich, maybe... I don't know... I would travel in the world. I think that I would make more gifts at my family and my friends. I would give a part of my money for associations against harassment, and for associations for children... etc...
Following, I would take private lesson in english language for to progress much faster in english language, because I'm tired of to be the no-good in the class. And, a private lesson it's expensive, and to watch Friends in english don't enought, for no longer be the no-good.

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:38 pm

MaéA wrote:If I were rich, maybe... I don't know... I would travel in the world. I think that I would make more gifts at my family and my friends. I would give a part of my money for associations against harassment, and for associations for children... etc...
Following, I would take private lesson in english language for to progress much faster in english language, because I'm tired of to be the no-good in the class. And, a private lesson it's expensive, and to watch Friends in english don't enought, for no longer be the no-good.  

It is if I'm the teacher. Twisted Evil
Admin
Admin
Admin

MaéA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:37 pm

Yes ! And I am improving day by day! Group 1 discussion If I were rich 1f607

MaéA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 pm

If I were rich, I would travel the world discovering new cultures. Each country has a unique history, traditions, clothes and FOOD.

Then I would buy a nice house beside the beach, with a beautiful sunset view. And maybe have a small kiosk and just sell coconut drinks and juices. And of course a beautiful house for my parents and it'll probably be outside Lebanon. They deserve to live in peace.

I would also buy a lot of toys and teddy bears for my niece. She's one year-old and she's too cute.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:35 pm

If I were rich there are so many things I would want to accomplish at the same time. First of all, I think I would give some of my money to the people who are really dear to me : my parents and my sisters (I know, I'm an adooorable daughter and sister). Of course I would also like to travel regularly to various destinations I dream of, such as the United States, Russia or simply our beautiful capital, Paris (and many others). I would also buy a sumptuous house I would decorate by mixing classic and modern (in the spirit of Haussmannian flats), taking care to have a large dressing room (knowing me, it goes without saying !). If I'm really rich, it would also be important to me give a financial support to real causes such as world hunger or animal abuse. Finally, I would invest all this wealth intelligently, because reason kept, why not use all this money in a thoughtful way to have even more after all !

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:57 am

If I were rich, I would buy a house in every country in the world, and I would rent them (all managed by a real estate agency, it’s too much work lol) to become even richer. Then I think I’d buy a little house by the sea with a cocktail in my hand and watch my bank account fill up with nothing to do. Laughing Laughing Of course, I would buy everything from my family to make them comfortable and not have to worry about the money. Yeah, and I think I’d start golfing because golf is for rich people. Very Happy

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:17 am

If I were rich, I would take advantage of my money to travel, to discover new landscapes, new cultures. I think I would start my trip with Mexico, then Iceland... I would be more interested in French associations and I would choose some of them to help them both by volunteering and by making donations. I think I would invest in rental property and buy a nice house with a sea view in Brittany. Maybe I would try to start my own florist business but with employees so that I don't have to work weekends, vacations and public holidays.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:30 am

If I were rich, I have many things I could do in mind. First of all, I would buy a dog, don’t ask me why, but that’s an animal I’ve always wanted and that I crave for.
Then, I’d buy my dream house, it would be at least two hundred squared meters (AT LEAST!), with a huge living room, a big table to welcome many guests, a huge corner sofa. There would be a grand piano in the middle of this room. Everything in the house would be interconnected and could be controlled with my phone or vocal command from the floor to the ceiling, from one wall to another, from the shutters, to the heating, to the vacuum cleaner or even the lights. There would be enormous window panes or patio doors with black frames, the house interior would be covered with light. Light wooden planks would cover the floor of the living room. A great modern kitchen would be adjoining the sofa room, the kitchen would be made of black marble and wood little darker than the floor. The lights would be of an industrial type, a warm yellow, almost orange. In the middle of the kitchen, there would be a central island unit, with a second sink, hotplates, and a lot of space to cook. There would be a lot of  storage units and drawers too. The house would have at least four grand bedrooms and at least two bathrooms. I would have a garden twenty times the size of my house with fruit trees, plants and flowers and of course a great heated swimming pool. Anyway, I could spend hours describing to you my dream house, that’s not really the point here.
Afterwards, I would reward my closest friends and family with money, they could buy anything they want with it and live the life they want.
I think I would travel a lot and maybe have a real estate fortune in several countries, and maybe live abroad.

Last edited by Lucas on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:58 pm

If I had the chance to be rich, I would probably continue to invest in the stock market and companies that I like to maintain a good income. Then I will probably start buying some cool stuff for my family, friends and myself like vacation around the world. I will use a huge part of my money for my art project, and spend my time learning things that I found interesting instead of doing a boring daily job. Although I don't need to, I would like to keep a part-time job, in a company or with people that I really like, to work on meaningful projects, just to not end up as a bored and embittered man.

Martial.Avérous

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:40 pm

If I were rich I think first I would buy gift for my parents because they help me a lot and I really want to make them happy. I would probably buy cars for my sisters too and a lot of gift for my nephew. After helping my family I would travel and visit all the countries that I want. My dreams is to live in other country, I would build houses overseas so I could go on vacation everywhere I want and I will not have to rent accomodations. Next I would donate to help animals for example SPA, I really want to help animals they deserve so much love ! Oh, I think I would open or invest in wildlife park before university I really want to work with white lions. Maybe I would create my own company or buy shares make to make more money.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:45 pm

If I were rich I would build myself my own mansion within which I would have my art studio, a complete one (drawing, painting, photography, even filming) and my recording studio where I would practice any instruments I'd feel like learning but also where I would be able to record my compositions. I would have a large garden all around the mansion with a pond and a mini bridge because it's cute and wholesome. I must have a game room that can be turned into a movie theater as well. Having a whole library is a must too, not an option. I also would need a mini dog house because I love dogs, they are awesome.

So basically I would create my own little bubble where I would live and work but I won't truly be working as I'd only be doing what I love and am passionate about as a living. Going out to work, meet people or to travel would be lovely but in order to sorely focus on my art I dream of having my own studio. I'd still love to travel everywhere and to discover / learn as much as I could about the world.

Marina Boisedu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LéaC Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:52 pm

If I were rich, the first thing I will do for sure is booking a flight for Korea and Japan. It's been a while now I want to visit these countries but currently I hadn't the time and the money for (maybe next year, I hope so). I think I probably won't work after my studies (I will finish them to have a diploma of course) but I would like to enjoy my life by travelling (maybe make some videos on Youtube lol), spending time with people I love and find a activity I like without thinking about how much money I'll earn at the end of the month. I would certainly buy a lot of things to my family and friends, share my money with them. Also, I will support some associations and projects and help them financially.

LéaC

Admin and Hanae Khallouk Temsamani like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:11 pm

If I were rich, I would probably buy a house first of all. I’ll choose a peaceful place, not necessary in Costa Rica but just close to beautiful landscapes in France and close to a attractive city. I’ll try to spend my money in needful things to me like a new car who doesn’t break down every year. I’ll doing trip with my friend every single year, I’ll probably doing more concert, more visits. But I really like stay at home, so I probably spend the most of my fortune into installation in my house. I’ll install a workshop where I could draw all along my days, a big TV, a big computer to finally play to computer games, and a great decoration. In fact, if I were rich, I’ll be just a simple man, who doesn’t spend so much, who gonna keep few economy for the long term to not having to work. The rest of my fortune will go to my family to make them happy. And that’s all. You’ll noticed that this is the most serious of my « english topics ». Maybe because being rich doesn’t excite me that much, and probably because I preferred the other topics.

Florian Kasprzak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:39 pm

If I become rich, I don't really know what I would do because... I have never experienced the feeling of being "rich". However, I think that I have some ideas. If I become rich, I think I would do the things of my dreams and I would do the things that I love more and more. So, I would travel all over the world, I would to make myself happy more by buying make-up or clothes but also a better camera than the one I have to take beautiful pictures. Then, I would do a travel in the air by a hot air balloon. I would go to museums all the time and I wouldn’t look the prices when I do my shopping at the supermarket. I would also give a lot of gifts to my family and my friends that make them happy. Finally, I would make donations to associations such as the SPA, Action Against Hunger, the Good Fairies or scientific and medical research.

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:09 pm

If I were rich, first I would invest my money in stocks and real estate to maintain and increase my wealth. Then I would build the house of my dreams. First the exterior, the house will be located on the edge of a private lake, there will be an aeroplane runway so I can travel anywhere in the world at any time, and the house will be located near a forest, also private. Then the house, there will be of course the classic rooms of a house like a kitchen, a bathroom, rooms, etc... but with the most powerful equipment of the time. As for the other rooms, there will be a gaming room with all the possible hardwares to play as well as all the games, there will also be a private cinema, an indoor swimming pool, a library containing at least all the copies of what I read, that would interest me and that I have already read. And finally, there will be a laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art equipment so that I can try out all sorts of experiments.

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:30 am

If I were rich I will buy me an island and I will buy a villa where I could put all my family because I love them so much so we could live together (and Amandine Ample, Cloe Delmarle, Lea Courrent, and Marie David because I love them too).

Emma Brancourt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 am

Emma Brancourt wrote:If I were rich I will buy me an island and I will buy a villa where I could put all my family because I love them so much so we could live together (and Amandine Ample, Cloe Delmarle, Lea Courrent, and Marie David because I love them too).

8:30am ?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down