UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1

+10
Imane ZEKHNINI
Jason MASSIMINO
Sahar Chehabeddine
Marina Boisedu
Kelly Rajaona
psol
SARAH ROI
Léonie
cloe.delmarle
Admin
14 posters

Go down

Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1 Empty Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1

Post by Admin Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:55 pm

You chose boring Resolutions too didn't you? You'd better entertain me then!

Is it important to set resolutions or are you just setting yourself up to fail?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1 Empty Re: Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1

Post by cloe.delmarle Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:02 pm

I dont really know if there is a difference between wishes and resolutions.. but the word resolution sounds a bit too formal (scary then) for me Laughing . I think i only have wishes for 2022 :
My first wish for 2022 is to continue to avoid catching covid-19 as i have been doing these two past years. It has been a sucess until today but i fear and feel that its going to happen soon, regarding the situation at the moment.
Then I would like to go on with some commitments that i am following for sometimes now : I would try to keep going with reducing my footprint, I think I can do a bit more (for example by not buying new clothes anymore).
Then i hope im going to have nice moments with my friends and family. I hope this summer is going to be sunny then i can enjoy holidays as much as possible.

cloe.delmarle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Léonie Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:32 am

Maybe my resolutions will sound a bit boring but that is truly what I want to do for this new year. First, I will try to eat better and so I am currently trying to start cooking. What I mean is that, before, all I was capable to cook was some pastas with meat. But now I really want to try to do some recipes, cutting vegetables, … Last week I tried to do a homemade burger sauce (less fatty than sauces such as ketchup or mayonnaise), but it was a real failure  Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1 1f602 . I will try one more time! To go with this resolution, my second one is to do much more sport. I talked about it with my boyfriend and I hope he would be my coach to go the gym because it’s kinda difficult for me to motivate myself to do sport.
I could have said that my top resolution would be to talk more in your English class John… I will do my best and make some efforts then, I promise!  Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1 1f4aa

Léonie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:53 am

Léonie wrote:
Maybe my resolutions will sound a bit boring but that is truly what I want to do for this new year. First, I will try to eat better and so I am currently trying to start cooking. What I mean is that, before, all I was capable to cook was some pastas with meat. But now I really want to try to do some recipes, cutting vegetables, … Last week I tried to do a homemade burger sauce (less fatty than sauces such as ketchup or mayonnaise), but it was a real failure  Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1 1f602 . I will try one more time! To go with this resolution, my second one is to do much more sport. I talked about it with my boyfriend and I hope he would be my coach to go the gym because it’s kinda difficult for me to motivate myself to do sport.
I could have said that my top resolution would be to talk more in your English class John… I will do my best and make some efforts then, I promise!  Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1 1f4aa

Doomed to failure by Tomorrow afternoon Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SARAH ROI Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:37 am

I already put a post on my resolutions in December so there's no point in repeating myself there.
I just hope 2022 will be a year to remember (in a good way) and that I'll get to learn and practice along a good company because I'm getting tired and bored of class.
SARAH ROI
SARAH ROI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by psol Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:12 pm

I don't think you have to wait until the new year to make resolutions for me this stuff comes when you need it, the new year is just a pretext for people with no motivation, If you really want to change something in your life do it when you need it and when you are really ready and not under the pretext of the new year because it will never work.
i have no resolution i just keep going as long as i know where i'm going and i do everything to be myself. I know, it's not funny, but I always found it suck to have to wait for an event to say that something is wrong or needs to be improved

psol

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:30 pm

Well, i don't want to use the word "resolution" as some of my comrades already said, i find it kinda stressful imposing myself things that i'll have to commit to everyday, idk if you know what i mean but there's a form of pressure in that.
I prefer to use the term "goal", i will keep going with what i already do, such as staying organized, taking care of my place (my safe space must be soothing), taking time for self care weekly, limiting my screen time, managing my budget, sticking to buy second hand...
In addition, i aim new things such as travelling a bit in small French destinations that I have never visited when i got the time, surrounding myself with positive people, and finding a good internship that will help me orient my professional project blah blah (i got bored)

Plus, since everybody told about English, i hope i'll keep progressing in 2022, bc i really want to become fluent, it's a language i really love.

Actually, January for me symbolizes a "start" that helps me get out of the complicated times that I live in the winter, but i don't want to say too much about that here. Anyway, i hope 2022 will be good for everyone and i wish that miss Rona will go back to her planet.
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Boisedu Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:36 pm

I don't really call these new year's resolutions, but I have a few goals I'd like to commit myself to reach this year. Firstly, I would like to have all the chapter cards of the first two books in my fantastic series to be planned so that next year I get to maybe start on writing the first book at least. I have a quarter of them done by now but well it's a long and big project (6 books) so I'm not rushing anything as long as it's what's best for the story in the end. I would also like to finish the plot and character preps for a standalone book I'm working on... as soon as possible, so I can start writing the damn thing. It's funny, it's wayyyy shorter and simpler, it should have been done already but for some weird reasons, it's not. Working on a long term project sometimes makes you feel "trapped in it" so that's why I'd like to finish some of my shorter ones alongside it, allow myself to feel the joy of a completed work for once rather than the "on-goingness" and the occasionnal joy coming from a step reached after years of hard work.
Aside from writing goals, I have some personal goals as well but that's personal x). But to sum it up nicely it would be along the lines of "teach yourself to appreciate life more".

Marina Boisedu

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:18 pm

I don't really like the idea of new year's resolution. I never had a list of resolutions that I want to achieve every year. I just go with the flow, and follow what I'm doing until I get there. For example, I'm currently working on improving my 3D rendering skills which I hope I'd get better at, and also still working on developing my own brand identity. My end goal is to be successful in my career, not only for this year, but on the longer term.
I'm aiming to do more sports this year though, it's been a while since I last visited the gym.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason MASSIMINO Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:21 pm

I've never had the feeling that taking New Years resolutions was necessary. Honestly, waiting for the New Year to stop living like a trash bag sounds dumb to me lol. If you wanna start living differently, try something new or stop bad habits, please do it now and don't bother your surrounding Smile. Personally, I'm just gonna go with the flow and try to improve when I feel like it's necessary.

Jason MASSIMINO

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Imane ZEKHNINI Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:48 pm

Honestly, I never think about this kind of things. I know that I won't follow them and will end up feeling bad about it. So I'd rather just live my life and do things that I want to do when I can. Plus, even if I make resolutions for the new year, I wouldn't share them with anyone... so maybe I made some Group 2 Semester 2 Week 1 1f636 who knows ?
Imane ZEKHNINI
Imane ZEKHNINI

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:58 pm

This year I need to pursue the same goal as the past few years
-Be a better musician and composer in general, it means always working on my technique, listening and discovering new artists that I find interesting and improving my relative pitch.
-Gain more knowledge and succeed in my studies, to have the best skills possible and work in a field that I like.
-Find a great internship to discover what kind of position I want to apply for after my master’s degree.
I will be happy if I make progress towards these goals in 2022

Martial.Avérous

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:07 pm

For the year 2022, I chose not to take any resolutions because it puts too much pressure. I still decided to do some things to improve myself, but I don’t set myself any obligation. So this year, I would like to read more. Yes, I’ve always hated to read, but I know it’s very interesting. So I want to find a way to start loving reading! Also, I want to continue to progress in sport, to cultivate myself in film and above all I hope to be able to travel this year (which may be complicated with our friend the COVID).

Chloé Fuselier

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanae Khallouk Temsamani Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:10 pm

I thought i’m the only one who doesn’t like to make a new year resolutions, but no, the majority agreed on that, wow I’m pleased lol ! I mean, what is the point to make a list of what you want to change about yourself, or what you want to do. Just take it easy and go with the flow, and if one day I take the decision to change a bad habit, I will start immediately, I’m not going to wait the new year to change it (at least it’s my point of view).

But since I have to write a bit more than just 2 lines, I will say that I want to travel to South Korea, I don’t know when I’m going to do it, but i will try my best this year to save money and to go for some weeks. I really want to discover this other part of the world. Hmm what else ? I hope I can find a good internship this year, since I was studying Psychology before and I don’t have a lot of professional experiences in Marketing, I’m a bit worried.. But let’s keep the right mind (everything will be okay “I hope” sunny )

Hanae Khallouk Temsamani

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:49 pm

Kelly Rajaona wrote:Well, i don't want to use the word "resolution" as some of my comrades already said, i find it kinda stressful imposing myself things that i'll have to commit to everyday, idk if you know what i mean but there's a form of pressure in that.
I prefer to use the term "goal", i will keep going with what i already do, such as staying organized, taking care of my place (my safe space must be soothing), taking time for self care weekly, limiting my screen time, managing my budget, sticking to buy second hand...
In addition, i aim new things such as travelling a bit in small French destinations that I have never visited when i got the time, surrounding myself with positive people, and finding a good internship that will help me orient my professional project blah blah (i got bored)

Plus, since everybody told about English, i hope i'll keep progressing in 2022, bc i really want to become fluent, it's a language i really love.

Actually, January for me symbolizes a "start" that helps me get out of the complicated times that I live in the winter, but i don't want to say too much about that here. Anyway, i hope 2022 will be good for everyone and i wish that miss Rona will go back to her planet.

Pressure? Don't you thrive from the challenge of pressure or are you a "snowflake"? Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Kelly Rajaona likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:51 pm

Marina Boisedu wrote:I don't really call these new year's resolutions, but I have a few goals I'd like to commit myself to reach this year. Firstly, I would like to have all the chapter cards of the first two books in my fantastic series to be planned so that next year I get to maybe start on writing the first book at least. I have a quarter of them done by now but well it's a long and big project (6 books) so I'm not rushing anything as long as it's what's best for the story in the end. I would also like to finish the plot and character preps for a standalone book I'm working on... as soon as possible, so I can start writing the damn thing. It's funny, it's wayyyy shorter and simpler, it should have been done already but for some weird reasons, it's not. Working on a long term project sometimes makes you feel "trapped in it" so that's why I'd like to finish some of my shorter ones alongside it, allow myself to feel the joy of a completed work for once rather than the "on-goingness" and the occasionnal joy coming from a step reached after years of hard work.
Aside from writing goals, I have some personal goals as well but that's personal x). But to sum it up nicely it would be along the lines of "teach yourself to appreciate life more".

I strongly suggest you go for the standalone book or at least a shorter version project that you can complete. It will put you in a much better position for the 6 book project.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:53 pm

Sahar Chehabeddine wrote:I don't really like the idea of new year's resolution. I never had a list of resolutions that I want to achieve every year. I just go with the flow, and follow what I'm doing until I get there. For example, I'm currently working on improving my 3D rendering skills which I hope I'd get better at, and also still working on developing my own brand identity. My end goal is to be successful in my career, not only for this year, but on the longer term.
I'm aiming to do more sports this year though, it's been a while since I last visited the gym.

I would love to be able to set resolutions but I can't and therefore I go through long periods achieving nothing. Rolling Eyes Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:54 pm

Jason MASSIMINO wrote:I've never had the feeling that taking New Years resolutions was necessary. Honestly, waiting for the New Year  to stop living like a trash bag sounds dumb to me lol. If you wanna start living differently, try something new or stop bad habits, please do it now and don't bother your surrounding Smile. Personally, I'm just gonna go with the flow and try to improve when I feel like it's necessary.  

In theory I agree but in practice don't you think that's a recipe for not doing anything?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly Rajaona Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 pm

Admin wrote:
Kelly Rajaona wrote:Well, i don't want to use the word "resolution" as some of my comrades already said, i find it kinda stressful imposing myself things that i'll have to commit to everyday, idk if you know what i mean but there's a form of pressure in that.

Pressure? Don't you thrive from the challenge of pressure or are you a "snowflake"? Razz

perhaps both :s
Kelly Rajaona
Kelly Rajaona

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:16 pm

This year, I haven't truly made new resolutions but I'm counting on moving on a little a bit and some change won't hurt anybody. Therefore, I'm going to try losing some weight, well not "try", I am going to lose weight, that's for sure. I want to feel the same way I felt in 2019, a healthy mind in a healthy body. I need to focus more on my classes this semester and work harder than ever (I know that's a dumb idea which I don't really know whether I'm going to hold on to or not). I also need to spare time for my proper self, in the first semester I had almost no time at all for myself with my job, the courses and all the assignments that had to be done. I want to spend more time on my hobbies and to take care of myself.

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down