UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories

+14
Nicolas Lecat
Lucas Lesade
Mélanie Pecchio
Emma Brancourt
julie
amandine.A
Lacombe Pauline
MaéA
Amandine. G
Admin
marie fourgnaud
Florian Kasprzak
Marie.David
LéaC
18 posters

Go down

S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories  Empty S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories

Post by LéaC Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:46 am

Tell us about childhood memories

LéaC

Admin and MaéA like this post

Back to top Go down

S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories  Empty Re: S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories

Post by LéaC Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:47 am

I remember a memory when I was little (9 years old). We were at the archachon basin with my mother and my sister.
It was on the afternoon, the sun was shinning. My mother and sister told me they were going on a walk near the sea (it wasn't far away from the rented house (like 2 minutes)). Ten minutes later, I decided to join them. I walked on the beach for 30 minutes but I didn't find them. I saw a small island in the distance (in my head it was an island but in fact it was a a small lump of sand) and I decided to go and see if they were there. The water was up to my waist and there was current (I thought that since I could swim, it was okay) so I turned around and saw my mother, standing on the beach, who was looking for something (for me!). When I found her, she scolded me saying that she had been looking for me for an hour.
End of the story.

LéaC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie.David Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:12 pm

I have a lot of memories from my childhood, happy, sad, funny, with my family, with my friends. For today, I have chosen to tell you about the day I was sadistic with my big brother. I had decided to play horse riding in my garden and I had spread bricks all over the garden to imitate jumping. When I got bored of my game I decided to go home but without tidying up. My father called my brother to put away what he assumed was his game. My brother explained that I had made the mess in the garden. He was scolded by my father who was convinced that I was not strong enough to carry such heavy bricks. While my brother was forced to put away my mess as punishment I looked at him waving through the window.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:55 pm

When I think about my childhood memories, I have only bad ones who comes to my mind, so let me tell you a really bad one Smile.
At elementary school from my 5 years old to my 11 I guess, I don't know, I was in love of a girl in my class. So in CM2 (class pupil in year 6) I invited her to danse the polka at the school party of the end of the year. She accepted this by kindness because everybody know that she wasn't like me, I was kinda the nerd of the class. But we danced the polka in front of all parents. After that, the same day, I write her a poem to her, and gave it in an envelop to express my secret feelings. I don't know how but I heard her reading it in front of his friends, yelling of laugh and I was so embarrassed that I hide myself in the only hideout I found : the garbage place. It was obviously a terrible poem and I was the uncoolest kid of the village so it was very predictable. Morality : love is trash. Never try anything.

Florian Kasprzak

Admin, MaéA, amandine.A, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Mélanie Pecchio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by marie fourgnaud Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:35 am

I have a lot of childhood memories, some are good, some are bad or sad. I want to talk about my memories with my paternal grandparents: papi pierrot and mamie denise! When I was young with my parents and sisters, we lived in Montauban and for the holidays my paternal grandparents took us at least a week on vacation at their home in Limoges with my sisters. I think these weeks with them are my best vacation, we were the queens of the house with my sisters. Mamie would do whatever we wanted to eat, serve us breakfast in front of the TV, we didn’t have to lift a toe. Papi gave in to our little desires. My father is an only child, so they only have us as grandchildren. I remember that in the evening before going to bed, we played "merchant", with my sisters we emptied the food supply on the table and my grandparents were either the buyers or the sellers. It was wonderful, I think I have the best grandparents in the world. Today, all I have is my grandmother Denise, and I think every day about how lucky I have been to live all this with them and how much we have to show people that we love them.

marie fourgnaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:09 pm

This is the earliest memory I have - I don't know my exact age but it was before I started school so over 50 years ago at the end of the 60's. I was riding my trike (3 wheel bike) in the drive next to the back door of our house (a house my mum still owns and lives in). The drive was cobbled stone, my front wheel jammed and I went head first over the handlebars. My teeth went through below my lip and I damaged under my chin. My father took me to the hospital (at least that is what I remember) where they put some stitches under my chin and under my lip. I still have the scars today but they are hidden by my beard.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

julie, amandine.A and Mélanie Pecchio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm

Among many memories, some of them come to my mind. When I was a child, my parents, my sister and me used to go to La Rochelle during the summer vacations. One year, we had the idea to take a cruise to go to Fort Boyard. We were very happy to go here but the trip didn't pass as planned... The travel start and everything is OK, but during the back way, there were a weather change. So, the sea was very agitated. I think that I have never press a bench and my mother too... I was terrified and I was only waiting one thing😢 ... the end of cruise. Furthermore, many of passengers were seasick and they were vomiting next to us, on the top of the boat. Of course, my parents had taken pictures to keep this memory! But to finish this fabulous story, my mother pressed a wrong button on the photo camera and deleted everything. Being traumatized, I said to my parents "Finally, I don't want children later because I'm sure that, like Julie (my sister) and me, they will ask me to go to Ford Boyard, and I never want to do this again".

Amandine. G

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:53 pm

I have several childhood memories. But my prefer childhood memory is my little sister birth, when I see her for the first time. I was seven years. I was at a friend's birthday party and my dad came me up. We went in hospital to see the new little baby. And for the first time I saw my little sister. She was in a cradle and she was really little. I saw her and I loved her immediately. I didn't can to do a kiss her because I was little sickness. But I was looking at her for a long time, very long time, during she was sleeping. She was very cute (today is a teen S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories  1f605 and teen isn't cute). I have many childhood memories with her but this memory is the first, when I met her. So, it's the more important. And also because when I saw her, I knew I will love her for all my life.
She's been my little sister, my best friend and my "mini crotte" ("mini crotte" means little poop and it's her nickname), ever since.

MaéA

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacombe Pauline Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:16 pm

This isn't really a childhood memory but more from my teenage years. I was about 16 years old when I went skiing with my father, my mother and my sister. My parents decided it on a whim (as they often do), so we stayed in a beautiful 20 m2 apartment at FOUR people. Besides the fact that I slept very badly because I had to share my bed with my clingy sister, and that the pillow crushed on my head struggled to muffle the noise of my father's snoring, we had a pleasant stay. I remember annoying everyone every time we went back to the apartment by revising my French Baccalaureate oral out loud (I think my mother can still recite my commentary on Dangerous Liaisons with her eyes closed). My father, an avid skier, wanted to ski absolutely every day, and all day long. However, the last day the weather was horrible. It was a blizzard; you couldn't see a meter in front of you. My father decided that it wouldn't stop us from skiing. So, we paid for the ski passes and we went on the first ski run (which was obviously empty due to the weather). We took the ski-lift, once at the top of the slope we noticed that my sister was crying her eyes out because it was too cold, the wind was whipping her face too much and on top of that she had lost a glove while we climbed the slope (??? I laughed a long time and loudly about this rather extraordinary situation). Anyway, we got off, and my mother made us go back by yelling at my father. Today, when I’m thinking about my sister's face at the top of the slope, I still laugh (yes I'm a horrible sister)

Lacombe Pauline

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:23 pm

I have a looooooooot of stories about my childhood ! because I can assure you living on an island you can create so much memories. Cool

In reunion island I live in a familly alley, I grew up with all my cousins and we created so much funny memories together. Behind my house there are sugar cane fields where we always went to play, during summer holidays sometimes the owners cut the sugar canes and sometimes he did not cut them and when we try to play there the leaves always cut our skin. We loved to play hide and seek, we also like to fish lizard with sugar cane leaves ! (don't ask why we did that)

One day my little sister(7 yo), my cousin (6yo)  and I (10yo) went to play there and we crossed all the sugar cane field to reach the road because we just wanted to take a walk. So we went down the road, we laughed and pushed each other just for fun ! At a moment my cousin stopped in front of a watermelon field, my sister and I joined him and he said "hey look there is a biiiiiig watermelon" and I saw a smirk on his face in my head i was like "oh no". He started to enter the field and we followed him too, we started to check the watermelon and he told us "on the count of three I will take the watermelon and we have to run to your house ok ?" My little sister said yes but I was afraid but at the same time I rerally wanted to steal that watermelon. I did not have the time to think that my stupid cousin did no counted and take the fruit and started to run and my sister and I start to run too. I was running, laughing at the same time there was so much adrenaline that half way to my home I peed on myself while i was running Embarassed ..................... I was so embarrassed and they laughed at me too. My mom really wanted to slap me that day I think but we had a watermelon for free so it was fun haha
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin, julie, Emma Brancourt, Hanae Khallouk Temsamani and Florian Kasprzak like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:15 pm

I am going to tell you about a funny memory with my brother because I think that my funniest childhood memories were always with my brother. It was during summer holidays, my parents rented a house in the countryside in a quiet street with only big houses. We had a lot of neighbors really near to our house.
One day, my brother and I didn't know what to do, we were really bored so we decided to get out of the house and walk on the street. We were looking at all the houses and talking when my brother had an idea. He saw a fence next to a house with a hole in it, at this moment he looked at me and told me that it will be really funny if we passed through the fence to go on the other side . I thought that it was funny too but I told him that it wasn't a good idea to enter in someone's property. After few minutes , he finally convinced me to do it with him , so we passed through the fence and we arrived in a garden. We saw a swing, we were so happy that we played in that garden for about 20 minutes. But suddenly, we heard some noises, it was the owners of the house that came back. At this moment, we were really scared so we ran to the fence, my brother got out first but I was stuck in the fence because the hole was really small. I paniced but I managed to got out and we ran in the street. We arrived at our house without getting caught by the owners, it was a real relief . Even if it is not a good thing to do, when we talk about it now, we laught a lot , it was a good memory.
And this is for memories like this, that I wish I can be a kid again sometimes, to relive these innocent moments.

Last edited by julie on Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

julie

Admin, amandine.A, Emma Brancourt and Mélanie Pecchio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:19 pm

I'll tell you the story of how I locked my sister in the boot of a car.
When I was 9 or 10 years old, I was playing with my sister in the garage at my grandparents' house and we realised that the car was not locked. So I suggested to my sister to get into the boot "just for fun". She got in the boot but asked me not to close it all the way. Without doing anything on purpose, I closed the boot, it locked automatically and I realized that it was not possible to open it from the outside without the key. So my sister screamed in the car because she couldn't get out. So I went to get my grandfather and explained to him that my sister was locked in the boot of the car. He then went to get his keys to free her.
When we talk about it today we laugh about it but because of this story, now she is claustrophobic.

Emma Brancourt

Admin, julie and amandine.A like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mélanie Pecchio Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:39 pm

When I was young I was a little bit a daredevil, in general I wasn't afraid of hurting myself.
So I remember when I was around 6 or 7 years old, I was at the top of the ski slopes with others kids of my skiclub who where older than me. I remember we decided to race to the bottom of the ski resort.
So I was on good position, and I managed to win against the others, just because I failed to stop in time and in the right place.
Indeed, I should have stopped at the top of a hill, but this one acted as a springboard which allow me to reach the tables and chairs of the restaurant which was located below. I managed to bowl a strike.
My parents had been afraid that I had hurt myself, but all I had to say was that I had managed to go faster than the others.

Mélanie Pecchio

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Lesade Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:12 pm

Meh, i don't have much memories, but i remember some with my brother, which is 11 years older than me, we used to throw pasta on celling to know if it was cooked or not, funny thing is that after leaving that house, we got there 10 years later for some reason, and the mark of the pasta on the celling was still here... we used to eat some wasabi without anything else and see who's gonna cry the first, it was fun
Lucas Lesade
Lucas Lesade

Nicolas Lecat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Lecat Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:17 pm

I have a lot of memories of my childhood ! With my little sister Léa, when i was young, we made a lot of jokes to my parents. For exemple, one time, we tricked our mother into thinking there was a bug in the jacket closet. When she leaned over to look, we closed the door and she stayed locked up for a long time. Then we opened the door and she screamed a lot and we were punished. Otherwise, my childhood was very happy!

Nicolas Lecat

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 pm

Generally, I would say that I had a happy childhood. I mainly have good memories with my family (Wednesday afternoons at the park with my grandmother), my friends (birthdays at Récréa'land), on holiday (with my family in Spain) and so on ! However, I particularly remember two anecdotes, which in retrospect are funny, that marked my childhood. The first one took place when I was still in kindergarten. It was at the end of the day, when my mother came for me, while waiting for her to talk with the other parents (my mother is VERY talkative), I was having fun making a pig hang on an iron bar. What an idea.. because when I got up I hit my forehead hard on it and opened myself up. Blood was pouring out of me and my mother had to rush me to the hospital. Fortunately, I came out of it with a few stitches, more fear than harm (since that day my mother has suddenly become much less talkative)!! The second happened when I was older, I must have been about 10 years old and my grandparents had taken me for the first time on a tree climbing trip. I had listened carefully to the instructor's instructions but despite this, when I got to a zip line I forgot to attach all my carabiners. Instead of slipping to the end, I fell down hard and fast, hung by my harness and thus blocked. My grandmother panicked and called the instructor who carried me (with the weight, the rope was hurting me) while his colleagues went up to untie me, quite a show !!

cdelage11

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien LUCAS Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:13 pm

I have a lot of childhood memories but the earliest and the "cutest" is that when I was 4 or 5 years old, we went to a park with my parents every Sunday. Not far from the park there is an old people's home and so the old people used to go to this park too. My mother told me not long ago that I always went to see the grannies when I came to the park (which I don't remember) but I remember very well that I called this park "the grannies' park" and I always wanted to go there to see them.
Except this memory I remember that I fell very often as a child but it still good memories (it wasn't at the moment).

Julien LUCAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Amélia TLILI Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:13 am

I have a looooot of memories. First, when i was a kid, i would go to summer camps, every years. Sometimes, 3 times a year. During April holidays, during summer and during winter holidays. So I visited almost all France, i learnt to do ski and differents summer sport like water skiing. I keep only good memories because i met many people so it’s very enriching.
I remember a funny memory, my first kiss  S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories  1f602 . I was 14 years old and i was so panicked! I met a boy and i knew that we were about to kiss, it happened. It was so bad  S2 - Group1 - Childhood memories  1f44e . After that, i was scared to kiss another boy again hahahaha

Amélia TLILI

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:30 am

I have a lot of memories of my childhood. For example, when I was 9 years old, I went shopping with my little brother and my mother and I didn't have my glasses on for some reason I can't remember. And being short-sighted, I can see very well up close, but what is far away is blurred. And after finishing the shopping and going to the exit, thinking that the automatic doors had been removed at the entrance of the shop, I started to run towards the entrance and I caught the automatic doors with full force, which made a lot of noise. Most of the people at the checkout turned around to see what had happened, including a cashier who was the mother of one of my classmates who then told the school. Since then, I have been careful with all the transparent doors.

GrégoryB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down