UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First discussion topic - The Olympics.

+19
Clément.B
Dubreuil Baptiste
Clément Sorton
Amaury Babin
Juliette Bournas
Valentin Taillefer
Samuel Pinto
louis charpentier
Tom Desachy
Audrey Bois
shana.bouquet
Corentin Donnou
Titouan Bélair
Favergeat Laura
Johan.Raud
hugo randy
Benoit Cebria
jerem.bellicaud
Admin
23 posters

Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty First discussion topic - The Olympics.

Post by Admin Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:09 pm

This is where you should reply with your thoughts and comments on the Olympics. You can talk about the French or the British performance, you can talk about the olympics as an ideal, or perhaps the balance or imbalance of sports in the olympics. Is there a sport you would add or remove? What about professional and amateur athletes? You can also talk about the paralympics and the effect that these events have on sports in France/UK.

Think and write, don't panic. Your English doesn't have to be perfect.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty Re: First discussion topic - The Olympics.

Post by jerem.bellicaud Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:39 pm

Dear professor ,

I'm going to talk to you about one of the most powerful athletes of olympics games.
Sir Bradley wiggins has made history during last olympics .
Bradley wiggins is a british professionnal road and track racing cycling.He is the only rider to have combined winning both World and Olympic championships on both the track and the road.
For information he won the tour de france and an olympics medal in 2012.
He wore the jersey of world champion of the time trial in 2015
On 7 June 2015 Wiggins broke the hour record, riding 54.526 km (33.881 mi)
but it is only a glimpse of victories of his career.
Bradley wiggins won no less than 18 Olympic medals during his career it made him a legend in the world and the fastest man in the world.
for me it is the most versatile cyclist of this generation.
it is also an example of a class on the bike and in life.
With his tattoos and his neatly trimmed beard it is the same British caricature, and people like it.

jerem.bellicaud

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty Re: First discussion topic - The Olympics.

Post by Benoit Cebria Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:47 am

Hi John,

I'm not a great fan of the Olympics, I think it's just a buissness. The economic aspect is most important than the sport aspect for the organizer country.

Benoit Cebria

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo randy Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:36 pm

hi everybody,

regardless of the économic aspect...
I don't agree with u!!
personally, i don't like watching the Olympic Games because the sport on tv bored me (apart rugby).
However, i congratulate the physical performance of the athlète. cheers
hugo randy
hugo randy

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan.Raud Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Good evening everybody,

I'm going to talk about the moment that every athlete wants to achieve in his career : the Olympic Games.

In fact, I think the Olympic Games are the reward of hard work done over the years by a high-level sports. I guess all sports find magical the Olympic Games. On top of that there must be a lot of emotions running through sports such as joy, pride, but also fear and surprise.

Johan.Raud

Back to top Go down

Post by Favergeat Laura Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Hi everybody,

I think the Olympics Games are symbols. They represent the peace in the world, and the economic aspect. There is also a parity that is a man-woman or valid and handicaped. Today Olympics Games are only show for many people but the games served for a lot of cause as fight against the racism or others. Today, they are there to show that we can all be equal economically and that we are every equals physically.

Favergeat Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by Titouan Bélair Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:25 pm

hi people,

sporting events such as the Olympics is only minor property that it allows many athletes to shine, its main purpose is for me to allow countries participating to show their power and to obtain economic fallen . This is also the reason other than that renowned fact that there are many pretender continually wanting them organized . To conclude the Olympics are mainly economic even.
Titouan Bélair
Titouan Bélair

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty Olympics games

Post by Corentin Donnou Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Hello John ,

I'm going to talk about the Olympics games on the tv , I think it's un great idea to spend the olympics game on the tv because this make discover many sports whitch are not well know , for example the water-polo or the synchronized swimming.

Thanks
Corentin Donnou
Corentin Donnou

Back to top Go down

Post by shana.bouquet Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi,

The olympics games is a success in the world because it's an event that brings people, a country with the sport but also economic aspect and media.
The media talk the olympics games and talk also the performance of athlete wich sometimes puch pressure on athletes.
This aspect is always present in Olympics games and is typic of Olympics games.

shana.bouquet

Back to top Go down

Post by Audrey Bois Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:31 am

Hi,

The olympic games have an impact important in the world. This event sporting have an economic stakes strong because it gather a lot of country during some weeks in several domain sports. This event have an effect positive on people because that enable to gether some all match. The media have a role major because they go to have an impact strong in the tournament. During this games, the sportsman suffer a big pressure because they play for their country.

Audrey Bois

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Desachy Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:30 pm

Dear M.Cox,

I'm going to speak about the Olympics Games. Olympycs Games are a competition that takes place every 4 years. During this competition there are a lot of nation that clash in different event like swimming, athletics and many others.

Tom Desachy

Back to top Go down

Post by louis charpentier Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:54 pm

hi everybody ,

I'm going to speak about the Olympycs Games. I think the Olympycs Games are very good idea because this make discover a lot of sport around the world and this is big competition where the biggest champions fight to be the best in his sport

louis charpentier

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Pinto Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Hello everybody,

I am going to speak about the olympics games. The JO is a competition which takes place all the 4 years or the best athletes of every countrys are in confrontation in their respective discipline. Those who won a medal get an important réputation all over the world as for example Usain Bolt.

Samuel Pinto

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Taillefer Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi John!

I think that the Olympic games are an opportunity to unify all the countries of the world through the spirit of sport without thinking of others more dramatic aspects like war or economic aspect of the countries. These Olympic Games also help to countries in difficulty developing value relative to the performance of their athlete like marathon with Ethiopia etc ...

Valentin Taillefer

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty First discussion topic - The Olympics.

Post by Juliette Bournas Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Hello everybody,

I’m going to talk about the paralympics games, because for me it’s more important to find athletes who have more difficulty because they have a really different visions and humanistic sport ! It’s really amazing to see some athletes in their sport with their handicap.

Juliette Bournas

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaury Babin Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi everybody,

The Olympic Games are a phenomenal international event which take place only once every four years.
This competition gathers the best athletes, and to count 204 participating delegations through 48 disciplines for a total of 306 tests during the Games of Rio de Janeiro this year.
We can underline that these Games were wons by the USA delegation, just in front of that of Great Britain and China, and that two legends known sport bowed out and participated in their last Games : the American swimmer Michael Phelps and the Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt.

Amaury Babin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément Sorton Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm going to speak about the Olympic Games and especially on the decathlon event that impressed me. In fact, athletes must do several events in a few days. That's why athletes must have a great stamina. Furthermore a french, Kévin Mayer, finished second in this event and frightened several times the number one, Ashton Eaton.

Clément Sorton

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty Fiji national rugby sevens

Post by Dubreuil Baptiste Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm going to talk the olympics games during this summer in Rio. I'm going to speak about Fiji national rugby sevens team. They win this competition and get gold in final against the British (43-7).
It is a big day for the Fijian people because it's the first Olympic medal in their history.

Dubreuil Baptiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Clément.B Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi everbody,

Today in the world, i think we talk enough olympics games compared to the paralympics games. Indeed, paralympics games is more sensational for me, what i find admirable and amazing it is their courage to realized their passions.
The paralympics athletes deserve that we speak more of them.

Clément.B

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty Olympics games

Post by Marine.Renaud Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Hello everybody olympics are the biggest competition in the cariere of a sportsman.
It is the purpose of every high-level sportsman to participate in Olympics games.
Thanks to paralympics even the people handicapped person can also realise their dreams.
In the preparation of olympics many sportsmen injure themselves because the preparation is very intense.
But the success and a gold medals are an enormous satisfaction in the life of a sportsman.

Marine.Renaud

Back to top Go down

First discussion topic  - The Olympics. Empty OG and surf

Post by Bohn Camille Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:32 am

Hi buddies,

in this post i'm going to tell you, why surf really deserve to be in Tokyo's 2020 Olympic (in my opinion).
Indeed, surf was admitted by the last international Olympic committee.
In surf's world it's a huge victory, however a lot of people think it's a bad idea and keep saying that we should remove this sport from the olympics program.
To me it's really important that surfing is represented in the olympics. Indeed, there is only one sea gliding sport in the program : wind surfing while there is a lot of mountain gliding sports in the winter olympics games. So now there is two sea sports.
Furthermore, surfing deserves its place because it's a sport with many constraints, just like the others. Surfers needs to train hard and a lot to reach their best level and they have (most of them) a really healthy lifestyle. Like the others athletes.
And finally, to answer to those who say that we can't practice surf in country without direct access to the sea, i'll say that thanks to today's technologies , there is some
big waves pools all around the world which reproduce the same conditions that the ocean (almost) and they have to know that a pool like that is less expansive than a kayak pool.

Bohn Camille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Alison Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Hello,

the Olympic Games are a major international event, gathering the summer and winter sports, in which thousands of athletes participate. I like watching the Olympics. The Olympics are held every four years, even years, alternating Summer Olympics and the Winter Olympics.

Robin Alison

Back to top Go down

Post by solal de coupigny Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:57 am

ther is one week ago, i was looking the 1500m test of the parralympics, and i saw 4 runner who beat the record the world of valids ans invalids. after that a was very impressed when i sam a men swim without arm and became champion.
solal de coupigny
solal de coupigny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum