UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikings TV series

3 posters

Go down

Vikings TV series Empty Vikings TV series

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:39 pm

The first episode of the 4th series starts with a display of mountain ranges. That reminds of when I last went to the Polish mountains this summer, it's just such a beautiful scenery. Also, the first creature appearing on the screen is Ragnar's (the leader) second wife. I somehow can't stand her, I much prefer the first wife who's got her destiny in her own hands and fights accordingly. She's also much more fun than the second wife.
Later, everybody is back from a plundering trip to Paris. Including the Ragnar's son who finds out that his beloved woman fled the camp. However, she left behind their daughter. Their eyes meet, yet the father is angry or dissapointed, and initially rejects the child. If in these times people had heard of psychotherapy, then the daughter would have had to spend thousands...
Floki, the "get the London look" amateur, with smudged eyeliner under his eyes, gets arrested for the murder of a Christian priest gone ancient gods believer gone Christian again. Floki did it for the sake of the community, as other beliefs would be against their tribe's religion.
Ragnar's brother gets married to the Parisian princess who couldn't be less happy about it, but her father, the king, doesn't give a rat's arse.
This episode shows a great deal of political correctness, as it includes multiculturality (an Asian slave serving meals) and sex equality (when females are told that yes they can too and become surprisingly frequently blood covered rulers).
The plot twist in the end is Ragnar's brother taking lives of his team mates.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Vikings TV series Empty Re: Vikings TV series

Post by Admin Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:35 pm

I love Floki.

And Ragnar's brother was born in Leicester.

If I remember correctly this episode was a little bitty - with The vikings, the English and the French stories fighting for time. I can only say that the series gets better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas De Conti Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Vikings is a very good serie which is "under side". The actors are formidable, especially Travis Fimmel who play a incredible warrior Ragnar Lothbrok, Katheryn Winnick who play the formidable Woman's warrior Lagertha (and who is beautiful Razz ) and the Floki the huge boat builder. I advice this series for everybody because she's remarkable.
There is action, love and treason Very Happy
Lucas De Conti
Lucas De Conti

Birthday : 1996-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Today I watched the second episode. It seems that Floki acted against the gods' will by killing the former Christian priest. He escapes thanks to his wife but he is quickly spotted by Ragnar's young son, already full of leadership and chasing skills in his puberty. Floki refuses to admit he was wrong, so the torture he gets is some kind of a Chinese sorcery, meaning water dripping on your head until you drown in complete madness.
The innovative part of these never truly existent times begins when the king of Wessex wishes to "set free" his daughter-in-law by allowing her to paint illuminations, which was unacceptable in the eyes of this society. Women are devilish, after all, one mustn't let them do anything too far-fetched.
I think the most splendid moment in the episode happens when the son of the king of Wessex is conducting a rescue action for his queen. The fight goes on and on, the queen manages to kill guardians, he almost drops dead. The funny thing is her comment: "what took you so long?"
Ragnar and his wife are not going on very well, pleased to see that turn up.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:20 am

Aleksandra Blaszczak wrote:Today I watched the second episode. It seems that Floki acted against the gods' will by killing the former Christian priest. He escapes thanks to his wife but he is quickly spotted by Ragnar's young son, already full of leadership and chasing skills in his puberty. Floki refuses to admit he was wrong, so the torture he gets is some kind of a Chinese sorcery, meaning water dripping on your head until you drown in complete madness.
The innovative part of these never truly existent times begins when the king of Wessex wishes to "set free" his daughter-in-law by allowing her to paint illuminations, which was unacceptable in the eyes of this society. Women are devilish, after all, one mustn't let them do anything too far-fetched.
I think the most splendid moment in the episode happens when the son of the king of Wessex is conducting a rescue action for his queen. The fight goes on and on, the queen manages to kill guardians, he almost drops dead. The funny thing is her comment: "what took you so long?"
Ragnar and his wife are not going on very well, pleased to see that turn up.

Something we can all agree on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm amazed by the 3rd episode!! There was so much mysticism and suspense! I especially liked the moment when Rollo looks at the books and sees learning the "civilised" language as a way to elevate himself. The Loki's situation ended well, I'm glad. He was like the Christ dying on the cross, but Ragnar showed him mercy after his vision or hallucination about the priest friend. However, I was sure for the moment that Ragnar took the hatchet only to kill his second wife. I think something interesting will happen regarding the Asian girl.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Byorn survived the cold and the attacker, that's surprising. Ragnar can enjoy benefits of "the Chinese medicine" which is actually a drug - after taking it, he swallows a live snake among others. He gets very friendly with the Chinese slave, who he sets free, interesting. It turns out that one of Ragnar's children is different in some way, it isn't clearly explained though. I'm sure it has to something related to gender issues. So trendy.
Amazing how learning a language can change your position in the society. Rollo can speak now and his wife is very much in love with him.
A lovely episode.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Aleksandra Blaszczak wrote:I'm amazed by the 3rd episode!! There was so much mysticism and suspense! I especially liked the moment when Rollo looks at the books and sees learning the "civilised" language as a way to elevate himself. The Loki's situation ended well, I'm glad. He was like the Christ dying on the cross, but Ragnar showed him mercy after his vision or hallucination about the priest friend. However, I was sure for the moment that Ragnar took the hatchet only to kill his second wife. I think something interesting will happen regarding the Asian girl.

Language as a way to better yourself - who'd have thought it?

Ragnar loves Floki - he just needed an excuse to free him whilst not being seen as nepotic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:20 pm

Aleksandra Blaszczak wrote:Byorn survived the cold and the attacker, that's surprising. Ragnar can enjoy benefits of "the Chinese medicine" which is actually a drug - after taking it, he swallows a live snake among others. He gets very friendly with the Chinese slave, who he sets free, interesting. It turns out that one of Ragnar's children is different in some way, it isn't clearly explained though. I'm sure it has to something related to gender issues. So trendy.
Amazing how learning a language can change your position in the society. Rollo can speak now and his wife is very much in love with him.
A lovely episode.

Bjorn fighting the bear and the attacker were two great scenes. Ragnar is clearly on opium so the snake may just have been figurative. Is this son, Ivar the boneless you are talking about? He was supposed to have been born that way because Ragnar didn't heed Aslaug's warnings. Myth has it that he becomes a great warrior.

Didn't you find that speaking English had the same effect for you? Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:36 pm

I like this season because there's this Chinese girl, the emperor's daughter. Ragnar has always had a particular taste in women. They seem to get along perfectly. Or maybe it's just the drug she's been giving him. Is it opium? Lagertha shows class, as usually, when she kills her beloved husband-to-be on the wedding day because he had plotted to kill Bjorn. The weird son of Ragnar gets another child killed in the middle of a play, but they never show what happens with the dead child's family and so on.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:07 pm

Lagertha is amazing.

yes it's opium.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:42 pm

In the 6th episode, Ragnar with his sons and another Vikings’ king set off to ride on Frankia – Paris in particular. At the same time, Lagertha decides to do the same. They meet half way. What’s interesting, after captivating some Frenchmen, this other king’s tribe behaves much more savagely than Ragnar’s tribe. They are a lot more wild, as they burn French people at the stake for fun. Gods must be happy, especially that Floki participates. The Chinese girl comes along because she speaks French and also, she insists on administering the “medicine” to Ragnar. In this episode, he shortly speaks with his ex-wife Lagertha but she dismisses his worried questions, as they’re not a family anymore. When taken over by opium, Ragnar dreams about the family he used to have with Lagertha, and his dead friend Athelstan who used to take part in their family’s life.
When they reach Paris, they’re shocked to find out that Rollo is their new enemy – the protector of the Frankish kingdom, as he swore to the king and his wife.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:54 am

Episode 7
The attack on Paris didn’t go through, as Rollo knew better and managed to defend his land. There were some casualties, I thought Helga would be dead but Floki gives her some roots. She should be okay, she’s invincible. Rollo’s wife has no personality sometimes, she says something but I’m so not convinced about her being any special. Ragnar is going crazy because of opium. Interesting that he saved the drowning Floki. In the absence of Viking men in the village, a some kind of preacher comes and speaks to the women. He utters prophecies about how they will have numerous children. No wonder, because afterwards he sneaks in to have sex with them Very Happy magic!

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:15 am

He's supposed to be a GOD. But he's probably just a clever man. Would you expect anything else than Ragnar saving Floki? Rollo beats Ragnar!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:20 am

I wasn't sure about Ragnar saving Floki. But first: Floki is too precious for this story to die, second: these two love each other too much Smile

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Episode 8: Floki and Ragnar are friends again after Ragnar comes up with the amazing architectural idea of lifting boats over the hills to the river. He’s a junky now, though. He killed the Chinese girl, I hate it!! Judith rescued her lover’s, king of Wessex, life by killing the queen of Mercia. Bjorn’s girlfriend sees the future or senses what could happen, as she sees Bjorn being shot, but actually it doesn’t happen, interesting. I'm sorry this comment's short but I lack inspiration. Smile

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:55 pm

I knew you'd hate the killing of the Chinese girl as you'd become quite attached to her. But really it's understandable Laughing

Bjorn is a superhero how could he be killed by that little wimp?

There are more unexpected twists to come.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Episode 9: Bjorn and his girlfriend’s love story is fascinating. She is threatened with the death of her son if she doesn’t kill Bjorn, but then she kills the blackmailer. Cute. Lagertha loses the baby but then quickly she comes back to work with others to get the ships back on the river and invade Paris. Rollo is not the Parisian king’s favourite, as opposed to the quirky siblings, who gain power as well as the kings’ bed. Aslaug goes crazy, becomes a drunkard while one of her children drowns not attended to.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandra Blaszczak Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Well, I'm not sure we are supposed to continue the threads. But here I go.

Episode 10 (last one for now in the series)
The attack on Paris fails, Rollo and Ragnar try to kill each other, but they don’t manage to, and Ragnar’s warriors retreat. Everybody’s down and wounded. After a couple of years (Bjorn’s braid is a lot longer) a stranger comes telling about Magnus, another son of Ragnar conceived with the queen of Mercia. Ragnar had disappeared and his sons are grown up now. They promise to kill him if he returns but when he does, no one is quick to do the job. We can also see progress in the village, as there are Indian merchants and people of many colours.

Aleksandra Blaszczak

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:53 pm

And the second half of the season starts in a couple of days.

Should be great.

Ragnar will be back!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down