UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies

+19
po-vinel
Peyrat Tom
TR
Diabel
Gabriel Pilon
Emilie Virfollet
Alexiane Sénéchaud
ronanroquet
Adrian Vinatier
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
SY DEMBA
Olivier Pruleau
Antoine Palard
TAO SIHAN
zhaozixuan
Sébastien Rouleau
Jules Rolland
Simon Trichet
Admin
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies Empty Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies

Post by Admin Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:03 am

I can't remember which group chose which subject this week and I left my notes in Angouleme. So someone remind me!

Thanks Simon and I don't think you were even in the lesson! Suspect

So let's hear what you have to tell me about movies. What you like, what you hate, what you've seen recently, movies that altered your state of being ....

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies Empty Re: Week 6 - discussion topic - Movies

Post by Simon Trichet Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi John,

I think the topic is our favorite movie.

Simon Trichet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Rolland Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Movies allows to dream. I watch lot of movies and i can't choice the best. If i need to choice just one of them, i think it's Lord Of The Ring. My childhood was rocked by Gandalf and Gimli. An adventure where heroes are different, with their own inperfections, Sam and weighy, Boromir and his attraction to the ring. No spoiler, don't worry Wink ! Heroes with same goal ! Save middle earth ! But there are heroes on both sides, Saroumane, Lurtz or the 9. If you have never watched, you can start, it's good movies for everyone. Great adventure ! But forecast 12 hours for the trilogies Wink

Jules Rolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sébastien Rouleau Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:37 pm

Hi everyone,

About movies, ever since I was a kid, I've always liked looking movies. I still remember video cassettes of Disney like Peter Pan, the lion king, Toy Story or Robin Hood. So that was the nostalgic part. Sad
My favorite film genres are :
-the science-fiction movies, like the lord of rings, Robocop and Matrix because it's a visionary and imaginative genre supplemented most often by large numbers of special effects;
-the action and spy movies, like James Bond and Jason Bourne because there are battles, fights and destructive crises in a panting rythm;
-the historical and philosophic movies, like Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest because these films allow me to develop and expand my general knowledge.
On the contrary, I don't like horror movies and I hate with all my soul musical and dance movies like High School Musical because everything is lame : the script, the actors...

Sébastien Rouleau

Back to top Go down

Post by zhaozixuan Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:47 pm

The film records life, the time in the film is stagnant, and many feelings of life can not express in the movie, it can be the vent, play it in the film. In the film we get a more realistic side of life. At the same time it also promotes economic development.
Movie is essential to our life. action movie is very stimulating and attractive, comedy could make people happy and relaxed, documentary could make us know about the truth about the past to fill our knowledge and science-fiction movie is full of abundant imagination, and it would help us look forward to the future.
In my opinion, every kind of the films had its own advantages and disadvantages. But I like comedy most, because it often make me be physically and mentally healthy . I also like the high-level crime movies and psychological movies, but I just like the feeling of horror, I call it white horror, even is the psychological fear, but always think the world is bright ,and is real, So I don’t feel afraid. And I can’t accept the horror film, I call it black terror, it’s feel like that all around are wrapped in black gauze, airtight, extremely dark, make me crazy.
In addition, some people may say that today's movies become more and more commercial, in fact, I think the dream is infinite, each era can achieve some dreams, and then have a dream beyond the time. The movie is the dream that people want to achieve, to get there. Then it will have to rely on high-tech, so the commercialization is inevitable, because there must be higher returns in order to arouse people to improve the film technology.
I believe that in the future its vitality will become increasingly strong Cool

zhaozixuan

Back to top Go down

Post by TAO SIHAN Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 pm

Actually, I haven't the favorite type of movies but I can say that I hate watching the horror movie, it's really makes me afraid,especially the horror movie of Thailand. When I was young, my dad and my brother force me to watch the horror movie, I've watched the horror movie of China, of Japan, of American ...... but I think the most horrible of this type of movie is Thailand. I always scared to death after I watched this type of movie. When I go to bed, I will fetch up the scene in the movie so I feel somebody just stand by my bed and he gonna kill me confused  confused  it looks like a little stupid but I still refuse to watch the horror movie now.

Compare to the horror movie, I prefer to watch the thillier movie which is also frightening, I think. Because I'm more scared of the ghost than the people. Recently, I watched a French movie call Un Homme Idéal. It narrates a man plagiarized and he killed someone for avoiding discovering. The plots are very good and make me feel nervous.

TAO SIHAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Trichet Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:40 pm

I love movies ! What they transmit, the emotion, the morality... The last movie I went to look at is Comancheria it's the story of two cowboys brothers banks robbers in Texas for reasons entirely legitimate ... The staging is very realistic, what I like.
More generally, I really appreciate thriller, crime, drama, western, mafia movies, suspense ... The perfect example, American Gangster, which airs tonight on France 2 it's one of my favorite movies with a magic cast.
I prefer the reality of the movies that science fiction, I find it more seizing to the viewer. I hate horror movies, not because I'm scared but I find that kind of totally empty and cheesy movie.

Simon Trichet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Palard Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:35 pm

It is not easy to be original, because  as many, I love looking at movies, which they are recent or not. Among my preferred, you can find Star wars, OSS 117, Da Vinci Code, Jaws, Untouchable or Lords of rings. My tastes on the subject are very eclectic. I appreciate a movie, when it makes me cross a good moment and when I do not see the past. I hate not having understood everything at the end ( Interstellar Question Shocked  ) If I have to define my favorite style, it would be a thriller as Seven or Contre-enquête. My favourite actors are mainly Anglo-Saxon: Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Anthony Hopkins ; but not only, because there are Jean Dujardin, Omar Sy, Jean-Paul Belmondo or Louis de Funès.

Antoine Palard

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivier Pruleau Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:59 pm

For my part my favourite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind. Jim Carrey doesn't play a comic role. His performance in this movie is the best exemple that an actor can be excellent even if he does not play one of his favourite role. I could not explain suitably the universe of this movie it must be seen!!
If i have to define my favourite style of movie, it would be this kind of movie which make you think and make you become aware of the world which surrounds you like Seven, Mr Nobody, Interstellar or Dallas Buyer Club. I'm not a fan of french movies or french actors. My favourite actors are Christian Bale, simply amazing in the dark knight trilogy, in the Prestige or in the machinist, Jared Leto, unrecognizable in Dallas Buyers Club or Mr Nobody, and Will Smith or Brad Pitt.

Olivier Pruleau

Back to top Go down

Post by SY DEMBA Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:57 pm

I'm not really a movie guy...much more in series but i also have a fair amount of movies up in my sleeve. As far as i can tell i have always been in comedy and thriller movies. I can switch from a raw comedy movie like OSS 117 to a movie like Gone Girl. Like everyone said before, movies are a must in life and i would gladly contribute to their development by going to cinemas but i'm broke lol! .
SY DEMBA
SY DEMBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Movies are basically a major entertainment to everyone so I assume it's likely impossible to not have seen or even love any movie at all. That said, I really enjoy going to theater but I only watch movie there when the movie is worth it.
My favorite movie so far is The Hangover (I like the two others as well), this movie is sick, I kinda love funny movies, with raw humor Twisted Evil So it's easy to list movies I like: The Hangover (first, part 2 and part 3), Borat, Bruno, The Dictator, Grimsby (yeah, i like Cohen a lot), Popstar Never Stop Stopping (you know, the music band i talked about in the music topic did it to mock popstars).
But I like realistic movies as well, the more it is the better, so im a great fan of Avatar, Star Wars (assuming the sound can be heard in the void tongue )

Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Shame on me! I forgot one of my top 5, Zombieland!! If you have already saw it, it's typically my kind of movie, really whacky
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Vinatier Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm not a cinema lovers but i watch few films of course.
I like different kind of movies like comic, biopic or blockbuster (marvel). In comc movies, i like stupid movies specially executed by S. Baron Cohen because his a veritable genius !
I am in awe of Alain Chabat too since "Astérix & Obélix : mission Cléopatre" !

Adrian Vinatier

Back to top Go down

Post by ronanroquet Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:55 pm

To my mind, i love to see superheories movies, like Thor, Captain America, Iron man ... every marvel movies. It's real, we don't have to reflect, but we contemplate specials effects : magic hammer of Thor, armors of Iron man ...
Moreover, the particularity of marvel movies is the humor of characters : the insolence of Iron man, jokes of deadpool.
I love marvel movies because, every movies were connected, for exemple, sometimes, Iron man appear in movie.

ronanroquet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexiane Sénéchaud Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Generally, I'm more series than movies. But, when I watch movies I reach review, but I have difficulties to really appreciate a movie. But sometimes it' dont be able to trust in review. For exemple "Bienvenue chez les ch'ti" receive a good criticism, but i don't understand why. Is not funny in myself.
Nethertheless, i like watch comics movies: The truman show, Bridget jones, Josephine, The Other Woman...
I appreciate fantastic movies to. The best of the best is Harry Potter of couse.

Next if i have to advise few movies you have to watch The prestige, Black Book, Millennium, Good Morning England, Five, Changeline, The big short, The majordom, the Lobster.
Black Book is a Dutch movie not very well-Known, but will be vertue to be.

The Lobster is the last movie I've view. It's very very very original and nutty. It's a absurd movie. It's receive few reward, and it's was represented in Festival de Cannes if I remember. The scenariasts have got a submerging imagination to created this. Either we love or we dislike.
I don't grip to science fiction, only x-men.
Generally I'm more interested by dramatic or comics movies.

Then the next movie i plan to do view it's sausage party , a animation movie.

Alexiane Sénéchaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilie Virfollet Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:29 pm

As Alexiane, I'm more series than movie!
In fact, often I want to watch a movie but I never have an idea ... I like all kinds of movies except scary movies !!
Personally, if I have to choose movies, those that come to mind are Forest Gun, The Truman Shown and Legends of the Fall.
I love the poetic films that pass a message. At comedies, OSS 117 is probably the films that make me laugh the most (I'm easy;))
The next movie I'd like to see? Odyssey!
What can I say...? Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get .. what will be the subject of tomorrow? after the music, movies, books?

Emilie Virfollet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Pilon Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:48 pm

As Rindra i realy enjoyed The Dictator. I love movies with totaly crazy joke, dumb character and fun story. This is not the kind of movies you pay to see in a cinema but they are realy fun and you can just sit, enjoy and laugh. My favorites are Ali G, How High, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, Pineapple express, Scary movie, 21 jump street, hot fuzz, Spy, etc ....

There is a lot of those movies and i enjoy to see them because it made me laugh the first time and then i forgot the jokes. So i can watch them again and have fun a 2nd time. This is the miracle circle of life. Forgetting can be great sometime Very Happy
Gabriel Pilon
Gabriel Pilon

Back to top Go down

Post by Diabel Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:00 am

I'm a fan of the genre comedy, adventure and action films. Watching those movies I sense of palpitations in my body it's like I get carried away by the events unfolding. However the films of science fictions don't talk to me a lot because sometimes I feel overtaken by the décor of the plateau.
Recently I went to the movies to accompany a friend who wanted to watch a fantastic movie at any cost to just make it fun. About out in cinema, I can say that I have an approach that is the opposite of my friend Demba. I love watching movies but when I'm at home but not outside.

Diabel

Back to top Go down

Post by TR Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:28 am

Speaking personally, I hate Star Wars and X-Men.
My favorite movie is August Rush, I saw it so many times! It's a life lesson taught via music ♥️, which incites us to believe in love links.
I really enjoy Woody Allen's movies and Sacha Cohen's too (except Brüno! nah, disgusting).
Recently I watched Skiptrace, by Jackie Chan: a bombshell I love you
Today (or yesterday -_-) we studied parts of a movie called Lost in Translation, by Sofia Coppola. It's one of those "old" (old in inverted commas because it's from 2003 and i'm only 17 lol!, Fountain of Youth!where are youuuuuuuu? ) movies that were worth it.

Movies let us enjoy some moments of escape and watching a movie is a way to bring the family together Sleep
TR
TR

Back to top Go down

Post by Peyrat Tom Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:45 am

I think we can found 2 goals in movies: First one is to be entertaining, so we can found here all the movies, depending on what you like.
The second aim is to disturb, here are the movies that can stretch your soul like an elastic band,creating kindly or horrific feeling. This kind of movie is generally the one you'll never forgot. I'll put here "house of 1000 corpses" by Rob Zombie, or "Dead poets society"

Peyrat Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by po-vinel Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:10 am

Contrary to Tessie, I like Star wars and X-men. It's fantastic. This movies use many specials effects. It asks a search to create decor by computer and imagination. When you see this movies you leave temporarily our world. You don't think daily troubles, you dream during the movie. That's why it's good movies. Recently, I have seen miss Peregrine. I have really like this movie because you know that it's totally crazy but you would like to believe. When a movie is really good, you would like change the story to it was better.

po-vinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Simonnet Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:37 am

Hello everybody! I'm a big fan of Albert Dupontel, especially in "Monique" a guy lost is wife because he don't take care of her, so he replace is wife by a puppets. It's really funny! You should watch this movie!

Valentin Simonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Saboureau Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:43 am

Hi,
I look regularly at movies. I look at all the types of movies, the at comics, the at fantasies, movies of adventures, actions... I could not say what was my favorite movie. I am thus going to return on one of the last movies that I looked at. This movie is " The Outsider ", Christophe Barratier's movie. This movie tells Jérôme Kerviel's story to the Société Générale. As I am very interested in the finance, this movie interested a lot me. You should not forget that the movie was made by means of Jérôme Kerviel thus we have especially his point of view, certain things thus differ from the reality. But the movie shows, as it is indicated on the poster of the movie that in the financial world " we can cheat to gain, not to lose ". Indeed, before making lose 6 billions to the Société Générale in 2008 by taking positions risked on the market, Jérôme Kerviel had made gained 1,5 billion euros previous year and he udes the same risky methods. His hierarchy knew and as long as he gained, nobody told him anything. However, when he began to lose, the financial authorities blamed him his risky techniques and his hierarchy pretended not to know about its actions.
This movie is very interesting in the sense where he allows to see the phases "hidden" from the financial world.

Brian Saboureau

Back to top Go down

Post by kilian pousset Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:49 am

When i speak about movies, i feel like in an other world. Even if i didn't see lot of films because as Emilie said, i prefer watch series too, ( because the episodes are shorts generally, so i don't need to spend a big time in my day for watch an episode). As i said, when i speak about movies, i have the impression to open a breach in a parallel world such a lot movies can be various, differents about any topics. Concerning my kind of movies, it depends of my mood and my state mind .. But i'm open to all kinds of movies, when there are interesting, attractive etc.
I think, there is no worst thing in the life of all days, to go to the cinema and watch an annoying film ......

kilian pousset

Back to top Go down

Post by tendron lou Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:53 am

I have no movie that I prefer myself but I like very much Volte Face. It is a movie with Nicolas Cage and John Travolta. He speaks about an exchange of faces between a terrorist and one agent of the FBI. In this movie we see that in the first 15 minutes they blew up the budget for the movie by breaking everything. I love as well another John Who's movie: the 3 Kingdoms (which is more intellectual). I like very much going to see movies in the cinema. I like quite the kinds of movies of the comedy type or horror movies. When I was younger I looked at many horror movies but now I look at more historic movies or western …

tendron lou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next