UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Discussion group 1. Movies

+12
Lucas
cdelage11
Emma Brancourt
Martial.Avérous
Chloé Fuselier
julie
MaéA
amandine.A
Amandine. G
Admin
cloe.delmarle
Marie.David
16 posters

Go down

Week 2 Discussion group 1. Movies Empty Week 2 Discussion group 1. Movies

Post by Admin Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:49 am

What is your favourite Movie and Why?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion group 1. Movies Empty Re: Week 2 Discussion group 1. Movies

Post by Marie.David Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:02 pm

I didn't manage to choose a favourite movie. I chose a favourite show. My favourite show is Grey's Anatomy. This show is about the lives of different doctors in a hospital, I've been watching it since I was little and I don't miss an episode. I like this show because I find that you can easily get attached to the characters and you see them evolve throughout the seasons.

Marie.David

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cloe.delmarle Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:33 pm

My favorite moovie is Leon, the professional. It is a moovie made by Luc Besson, who is my favorite moovie maker. I really like all of the moovies he made, such as Nikita, The big blue or Subway. Leon is my favorite because I like the storie and the behaviour of the two main caracters. Leon is played by Jean Reno and I really like to see him in other moovies. What I also really enjoy in Leon and Luc Besson's moovies is the music : it is mostly made by Eric Sierra and its so nice and accurate. I think it's also my favorite moovie because I would be able to watch it every week.

cloe.delmarle

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:43 pm

Week 2 Discussion group 1. Movies Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2018%2F07%2Fmcddakn_ec005-2000
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Amandine. G Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:17 pm

I have several favourite movies but “L'embarras du choix” is one that particularly called me out. Alexandra Lamy and Arnaud Ducret are star in this French romantic comedy released by Éric Lavaine, in 2017. This romantic comedy tells the story of Juliette, a 40 years old woman who is unable to make decisions in her life. While she is still single she pass close to bigamy situation.

I like this film because I guess there is a nice moral at the end of the story. Indeed, Juliette ends up choosing the man who lets her choose and be herself instead of choosing the other man, who imposed his own choices on her. So, she decides to stop staying in situations that make her life easier. Finally, my impression is that movie can help viewers who are in similar situations and can raise awareness.

Amandine. G

Back to top Go down

Post by amandine.A Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:41 pm

I would say that one of my favorite movie is "The Lion King" the animated film which was released in 1994. It's one of my favorite movie because my whole childhood was rocked by Disney movies. The movie is really colorful. I love all of the musics in the movie like " I just can't wait to be king" or "Circle of life", the characters are funny Timon and Pumba even the Hyenas especially Ed is the funniest and Zazu is so loyal ! I really like the movie also beacause I always cry when Scar kill Mufasa, in real life i would fight Scar ! It's the best movie for me.
amandine.A
amandine.A

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MaéA Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:25 pm

My favorite movie is Romeo + Juliette of Baz Luhrmann, with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. I love that movie because I fell in love with Leonardo DiCaprio. (Yes, I know, it's very ridiculous but he is THE best ! "He is THE KING OF THE WORLD!" #Titanic.) I'm kidding. I love that movie because I like that story of Shakespeare and the adaptation. I will tell you to see that movie because is fun, dark and there is Leonardo DiCaprio ! Wink

MaéA

Admin and Emma Brancourt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by julie Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:17 pm

I don't really have a favorite movie but I really like the film called "L'arnacœur". This film was made by Pascal Chaumeli in 2010. First of all , I love the actors , especially the two main characters , there are Romain Duris and Vanessa Paradis . I think that they play their roles perfectly. It is a really funny movie but also a little bit romantic at the same time.
I love the scenario , this is the story of a men named Alex who's job is to break couples with the help of two other people but only if the women is unhappy in her relationship. He is a professional charmer but he is going to fall in love with Vanessa Paradis.
I recommend this movie because this is funny , original and with french games of seduction .

julie

Admin and MaéA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Fuselier Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:06 pm

My favorite movie is Fight Club. Normally, I’m not supposed to talk about it because the first rule of the Fight Club is not to talk about the Fight Club. But I can make an exception this time. This film was directed by David Fincher, who is my favorite director. Indeed, the choice is difficult when it comes to designating its best film but, in my opinion, Fight club is. This film holds us in suspense throughout, the story of the hero (rather anti-hero) is intriguing, we want to know more about him all along the movie, and the final twist perfectly concludes the mystery around it. From an external point of view, a fight movie may seem boring, but this one turns out to be a psychological thriller that surprises us every minute. Also, the work around computer graphics and special effects are remarkable. Overall, this movie is the best movie of all time (if that's not your opinion, you're wrong Laughing )

Last edited by Chloé Fuselier on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chloé Fuselier

Back to top Go down

Post by Martial.Avérous Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:52 am

One of my favourite movies is “This is spinal tap” directed by Rob Reiner. Released in 1984, this movie is a parodic documentary about a fictional heavy metal band. To obtain a realism that makes it seem like a real documentary, the actors improvised most of the scenes. This is Rob Reiner's first film, and the main actors being little known, many viewers thought they were watching a real documentary. I like this movie a lot because it is still relevant in many details about the music industry. Not only did it create iconic jokes among rock musicians, but it also portrayed the origin of metal culture, which I’m passionate about.

Martial.Avérous

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Brancourt Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:47 pm

One of my favorite movies is “Pride and Prejudice” released in 2005 and directed by Joe Wright. It’s a romantic drama movie set in England at the end of the 18th century which follows the love story of Elizabeth Bennet, an intelligent young woman who likes to make fun of society, and Mr Darcy, a rich and proud young man.
It’s one of my favorite movies because it’s the film adaptation of my favorite novel (Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen in 1813) which is the book that makes me love literature. I also worship Keira Knightley, I think she’s a fabulous actress, especially in this movie because she looks almost like the Elizabeth I imagined when I read the book.

Emma Brancourt

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cdelage11 Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:59 pm

About my favourite film, I wouldn't say I have only one. I have chosen to talk about "Titanic", a cult movie which has had a strong impact on me and that I have loved for a long time. Based on a sad true story, the sinking of an ocean liner in the icy waters of the North Atlantic, it’s precisely this adaptation of the historical reality that I liked and captivated me. Indeed, it’s this dramatic fact that that goes crescendo throughout the film, accompanied by the love story between the two protagonists, Jack and Rose, that really keeps the viewer in suspense all along despite the 3h14 of viewing. Moreover, Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet, the talented and complicit interpreters of the lovers with a tragic destiny, offer us a stunning acting performance that touches the sensitivity of the spectator and exacerbates the impact of the film on his emotions. Finally, we know that the story of the famous liner takes place in 1912 during the "Belle Époque". Myself passionate about history and in particular of this period at the beginning of the twentieth century, I greatly appreciate films set in this period. Here, "Titanic" by James Cameron, in addition to a very qualitative frame and interpretation, offers us a decor, costumes and grandiose effects that contribute to immerse the audience in an authentic and attractive way in this historical universe.

cdelage11

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:08 pm

My favorite movie is by far Avengers Infinity War. I've been a fan of Marvel movies for as long as I can remember but this one particularly held my attention whether it is for its scenario, its special effects or also for its actors. It's the first movie in the history of cinema to have had that many heroes in it for a total of approximately 30 heroes. Avengers Infinity War is the culmination of 18 movies before it and 10 years of work from the Marvel Studios and for the first time as far as I know, they let the vilain win wiping out half the population of the Universe, decimating trillions. Throughout the 18 movies before Infinity War is drawn the narrative arc of the first main phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe commonly known as the MCU. Throughout these movies, we can glimpse the Infinity Stones, they are six of them, five we saw here and there in the 18 first movies and the last one we saw in Avengers Infinity War. These stones appeared at the dawn of the Universe, just after the Big Bang, and each  represent an elementary aspect of the Universe : Space, Mind, Reality, Power, Time and Soul. Having one of them makes you one of the most powerful being in the Universe, having all them turns you into a God, certainly even more powerful than gods. Thanos, the main vilain, has seen his planet devastated by the overpopulation that caused hunger and death. Therefore, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, and with only the snap of his fingers, turn half the population into ash. He wants a perfectly balanced Universe which will never face the overpopulation problematic (that we will be facing certainly very soon). His method might be harsh and sudden, but it's randomized, equally balanced between rich and poor, men and women, young and old with no pain at all. Against all odds and in spite of all our heroes' efforts, Thanos finally manages to collect the stones and snaps his fingers. The movie ends with half the heroes turning into ash and the next Avengers movie "Avengers End Game" is supposed to fix this.

Lucas

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahar Chehabeddine Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:04 pm

I wouldn't say I have a favorite movie, but I definitely have a favorite series. "Friends" is one of those classic series that actually never dies. No matter how many times I've watched it, and despite the fact that I actually memorized half of the script "I KNOW!", but it would never get boring.
The first episode was aired in 1994, and the last episode was aired in 2004. The series became legendary and lasted for 10 years. Even now, Netflix added the series to its platform and it's always in "the most watched" section.
Friends isn't just entertaining and funny, but it also shows how much friendship bonds are strong and important. Whenever I'm bored, feeling down or not in the mood, I pick one of the episodes and watch it. 20 minutes from Friends are enough to change my mood. My favorite episodes are "The one with Phoebe's ex-partner" season 3 episode 14, "The one with Unagi" season 6, episode 17, and finally "The one where Ross is fine" season 10 episode 2.

Sahar Chehabeddine

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion group 1. Movies Empty Favorite movie

Post by LéaC Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:29 pm

I'm a little bit annoyed to answer this question because I don't have a favorite movie or serie in my mind right now. But I can talk you about the last one which marked me two years ago : "Las Chicas del Cable" on Netflix. I really enjoy to watch this serie that I finished in a week and a half (there were 42 episodes...Oops). I appreciate the beautiful sets, costums and of course the story. The actors were so beautiful and charismatic too. All was perfect but I was disappointed by the end (attention spoil: I would prefer that the girls don't died in the last episode, it was so dramatic and not necessary - but this is only my opinion).

LéaC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GrégoryB Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:01 am

I don't have a favourite film so to answer this question I'm going to talk about one of the films that made an impression on me : Interstellar.
Interstellar is a film directed by Christopher Nolan released in 2014. It is a science fiction film whose story is summarized very quickly as follows : Astronauts, including the hero, go to the farthest reaches of the universe to find a new planet to host humans because life on Earth is about to disappear.

Why did I like this movie ?  First of all because science fiction is one of the genres I like the most and space is one of the themes I like the most because it allows you to "imagine the future". Secondly, it is because everything in the film seems to be successful like the atmosphere, the scenario, the actors, the music, the suspense, the direction, etc..

If you are a fan of science fiction and space, this is a must-see film.

GrégoryB

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian Kasprzak Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:30 am

ENGLISH TOPIC : What is your favorite movie and why ?

As a deep Tarantino’s fan, I had to choose one of his movie. The choose isn’t easy but I think that I’ll go with the movie Django Unchained.

I discovered this movie at the T.V with my dad, who really likes the western movie like My Name is Nobody, a classic which I really like too, even if I can find the western movies too restricted by their style. But Django Unchained is not a classical western, it’s after all a Tarantino movie ! And I can find in it all the aspects I like in this one. There is a lot of blood and violence of course (I like violence) but also many characters with a deep personality played by great actors (big up to Christoph Waltz), some awesome tracks which intensifies each badass or dramatical scene, and of course maybe the greatest dialogues of the history of cinema (in my opinion of course).

I can find all this aspects in many Tarantino movies, so I have to tell why I have to put this film at the top of my list. I think, this movie can be appreciate by watching it alone and with friends (or my dad in this case). The action scene are intense by the tension of a long exchange or by the action like a firework where the hero reach the situation with style. But Django is also a story showing the ascension of a slave in a old era of racism, and see the hero save his lover who was mistreated by the villain is beautiful and pretty satisfying. There is emotion, action, tension, life lessons, a bit of humor, a awesome villain to hate, and what a soundtrack. We can find in this movie some hip-hop, soul and old school classical western musics (RIP Ennio Morricone). It’s a twist between the olds spaghetti westerns and the modern actions movie, and Tarantino mades it at perfection for me. It’s inspirational, captivating and this is why Django Unchained is one of my favorite movie.

Florian Kasprzak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down